(Topic ID: 193875)

Who is "wildcard amusement"? highjacked my website...

By cfh

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 465 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc (resized).jpg
    IMG_1616 (resized).PNG
    download-5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1613 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1610 (resized).PNG
    download-4 (resized).jpg
    finish him stooges.gif
    images-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1273 (resized).JPG
    3732572 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1518 (resized).PNG
    220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg
    Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg
    download-2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Google won't remove content from your website, just block search results, unfortuantely.

Also, to keep things clear - this is copied into, NOT a 'site hijack'. A 'site hijack' is when someone hacks your server and puts up their own content instead of yours, effectively taking over your site. Just clarifying since I don't want people getting the idea that CFH's site is now compromised in any way.

This d*ckhead just copied all the content and is now taking credit (and money) for it.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

"Like the hero of his book (comma)..."

Maybe the name of the book is 'Eric'?

#64 6 years ago

Nono.. It's "Profit Shareing". Completely different.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from randyfromm:

I have a copyright attorney on retainer. The way copyright law reads, I am compelled to pursue legal action or risk losing my copyright. It's an odd clause that favors the public against the copyright holder. Cost of doing business . . .
    Please have no doubt this will be resolved.

if nothing else, keep us informed!

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Looks like it's hosted by Google Cloud services. http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=network&host=wildcardamusements.com
    "Comment: *** The IP addresses under this Org-ID are in use by Google Cloud customers ***
    Comment:
    Comment: Direct all copyright and legal complaints to
    Comment: https://support.google.com/legal/go/report
    Comment:
    Comment: Direct all spam and abuse complaints to
    Comment: https://support.google.com/code/go/gce_abuse_report
    Comment:
    Comment: For fastest response, use the relevant forms above.
    Comment:
    Comment: Complaints can also be sent to the GC Abuse desk
    Comment: ([email protected])
    Comment: but may have longer turnaround times."

It's actually a Wix site, which uses Google's cloud for storage of datas and such. (Is Wix owned by google? maybe?)

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I hate to out him, but Vid is Angus Scrimm. I think he's entitled to use his own image.

Actually, no. Not unless that's a selfie, or unless it's specified in the contract between model and photographer. Technically the copyright still belongs to the photographer.

#155 6 years ago

Very, very strange:

7. What if I wish to remain anonymous?
    That's entirely fine! If you wish to not be featured on our Supporters page, simply leave the "Name" field blank on the form above. Your donation will still be greatly appreciated!

I'm wondering is absolutely *everything* is ripped off from other sites.
    Because there IS NOT 'name' field above. There's no form at all - just a paypal button. And there's no way to make an 'anonymous' paypal payment.

#252 6 years ago

Hah!

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

because they felt threatened by the repair guides. They felt if the guides were "out there", it limited their ability to charge money for repairs. And in the few documents these individuals did write, they made things so complicated (and missing key information), that most people just gave up and sent them their boards for repair.

This. I remember some of this many many years back.

#283 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I remember when I was writing the data east repair guide. . There was nothing to base any of that information upon. I probably spent 100 hours on the phone with Joe Blackwell of data east. Trying to figure out why they did what they did, when they did it, how they did it, and when they revised it. All that information is just general knowledge now. But I was the one that got it all down on paper and got it all out there for people to read and see. Research when there's nothing to go on takes a lot of time and a lot of energy.

I remember one of the big arguments about the whole thing was, 'But technology will change! You'll have to keep updating them!'... Like people expected Wms/Bly to update the old WPC baords in their games with newer models or something.

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Actually he said" due to acid corrosion on the CPU boards." I didn't have a problem with that statement.
    And the chip on your shoulder, Clay. Whoa. CTFO.

FTR, batteries are bases, not acids. But I'm not a scientists, and don't play one on TV.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-wildcard-amusement-highjacked-my-website?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.