(Topic ID: 193875)

Who is "wildcard amusement"? highjacked my website...

By cfh

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 465 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc (resized).jpg
    IMG_1616 (resized).PNG
    download-5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1613 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1610 (resized).PNG
    download-4 (resized).jpg
    finish him stooges.gif
    images-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1273 (resized).JPG
    3732572 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1518 (resized).PNG
    220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg
    Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg
    download-2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone know who "wild card amusements" is? This guy high jacked my web site.

first he uploaded all the "This old pinball" videos to youtube. I had to file a complaint with youtube on copyright infringement to get them removed (which they did do, thankfully.)

But he took all my repair guides off www.pinrepair.com and put them on his site. what they hell?
    https://www.wildcardamusements.com/pinball-repair-institute

I mean who thinks this kind of behavior is OK???
    if anyone knows this guy, please ask him to remove all my info from his website. i really don't want to have to hire lawyers and that stuff. no one wins in those situations but the lawyers....
    thanks!
    [email protected]

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from randyfromm:

This guy bought my "Package Deal" of book and DVDs (including a PDF copy of my copyrighted "Big Blue Book") just a month ago. To me, this indicates a premeditated action, that he planned to post my copyrighted material on his website.
    Order Date
    June 04, 2017
    9:50 AM
    Order Number
    #dt
    Shipping Address
    Eric Mentzer
    [removed]
    Dallastown, PA 17313
    Contact Info
    +1 717-757-7811
    [email protected]
    Buyer Note
    This is being sent to my business address: Berkshire HathawayHomeSale Realty. Please add this to the address label. Thanks, Eric
    DVD Super Package Deal $349.95
    Regular
    Subtotal $349.95
    Shipping $12.50
    Tax $0.00
    Total $362.45

I called him at worked (the above phone number) but he was not there. I also emailed him. In both cases i asked very nicely to remove my material from his website. I just can't believe someone would do this stuff. Youtube removed my videos (like they did with Randy). But i really don't want to hire a lawyer past this...

#82 6 years ago

does anybody know this guy? as in, has his cell phone number?

#142 6 years ago

Randy Fromm, how did you go about filing complaints for your material? i would like to do the same...
    [email protected]

#209 6 years ago

Luckily i can't find any of my copyrighted info on his site now. but if someone has old links, and they are still there, i will like to file a Wix dispute like Randy did. thanks!

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Alternately, much of Clay's original guides were formulated for consolidation through at least 15 major contributing collectors and restorers which started in mid 1990s. Written direct publication did not occur until the very early 2000s with the expansion explosion of the internet. Bandwidth problems with downloads even in the early 2000s used to be an issue back in those days, and it cost money, much more than today. People literally printed out every single page on these guides, page by page. Leeching was still just as common as torrents today. Most people probably don't remember using a dial up modem to try and get to a newsgroup to get any sort of pinball repair assistance in the 1990s, and that was "new" back at that point. Otherwise your only option was operator friends, Randy Fromm, a few other sources, or the "School of Hard Knocks".
    Some of contributors are deceased, including one recent notable provider, Steve Charland. People probably did not know of the developments/advice he provided in fixing the grounding issues, pop bumper driver boards, edge connectors, and other common problems of the SS80 systems.

Steve Charland NEVER EVER helped with my repair guides. NEVER. In fact, he was totally against them. He contributed ZERO to any of the repair guides. Z E R O. John Robertson helped lightly, and he was in fact the guy that identified the system80 ground issues to Gottlieb itself. Charland had NOTHING to do with this in any way, shape or form.

So please get your facts correct. as you are WRONG. (Since you mentioned battery damage as "acid damage" just cements your total lack of knowledge and credibility on the subject matter too.)

There were no major contributors. Most people wanted nothing to do with the guides. Guys like Joel Cook and many others tried to "block" them to the best or their abilities, because they felt threatened by the repair guides. They felt if the guides were "out there", it limited their ability to charge money for repairs. And in the few documents these individuals did write, they made things so complicated (and missing key information), that most people just gave up and sent them their boards for repair. It was the classic "bait and send" thing. Make it complicated, leave out or obscure important information, and they will get so frustrated they'll send you the board for repair. Also making it complicated just cements the ideas that "they are the experts", and the only ones that can do repairs.

In addition, everyone that contributed are listed in the bibliography of each repair guide. And their contributions are footnoted too. If you actually read them, you'll see there are not a lot of footnotes. There's a reason for that.

I spent tens of thousands of hours documenting, testing, writing, photographing repair procedures for pinball. So don't come here and spout your ill-informed information. I WAS THERE. I KNOW WHAT WAS DONE AND BY WHOM. You don't know crap because YOU WEREN'T THERE. You're just a monday morning quarterback at best.

#281 6 years ago

The thing that people forget is back in the 1990s when I was writing the repair guides, there was nothing. That is there was no infrastructure to base anything upon. Today it's so easy to write a new version of something because the roadwork has already been done. The facts already all out there. The problems have been identified. The solutions have been identified. You're just tweaking it.

It's sort of like people that complain about taxes. They start a new business and all they have to do is put a driveway from the road right out in front of their business to their new building. 50 Feet of driveway. But what they forget is that the road infrastructure, that they are now using and having their customers use, was already installed and paid for by somebody else. That is the road was graded, gravel installed, asphalt or concrete installed, lined, signed, maintained. Somebody had to pay for that. And then they just show up and bitch about how much it cost to start a new business without realizing that they wouldn't even have anyway for their customers or deliveries to get to their business if the infrastructure wasn't already there.

#282 6 years ago

I remember when I was writing the data east repair guide. . There was nothing to base any of that information upon. I probably spent 100 hours on the phone with Joe Blackwell of data east. Trying to figure out why they did what they did, when they did it, how they did it, and when they revised it. All that information is just general knowledge now. But I was the one that got it all down on paper and got it all out there for people to read and see. Research when there's nothing to go on takes a lot of time and a lot of energy.

#313 6 years ago

Mr. Knight, I probably overreacted and for that I apologize. But I take this stuff very personally as I have a lot of blood sweat tears and money invested in the whole repair guide scenario. People have no idea how much work went into that stuff. Literally years of my life. And when people infer that the work is not mine, I take it very personally. Yes research had to be done and I did indeed talk to people. Nobody lives in a glass house. Research means research. Nobody writes a manual or instructions on anything without doing some sort of research. That's just how things work. But that doesn't mean that anybody else acquired the games, did research, developed the procedures, wrote the procedures, tested them, updated them, re tested them, photographed them, published them. I can't tell you the number of games I bought just to test certain repair procedures.

#314 6 years ago

I wish Rob Hayes could weigh in on this. He was there when i first started writing the repair guides in the mid 1990s (EM and sys80). Though rob contributed nothing in the way of technical information, he was instrumental in being my editor, and helping form a certain writing style (and maintaining that consistency between the guides.) It was helpful because if you read one guide and got used to that style, the others seems more "flowing", because they were consistent in wording and usage.

1 week later
    #360 6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for their support. Especially Randy who got it all to really happen!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-wildcard-amusement-highjacked-my-website?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.