(Topic ID: 193875)

Who is "wildcard amusement"? highjacked my website...

By cfh

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 465 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc (resized).jpg
    IMG_1616 (resized).PNG
    download-5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1613 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1610 (resized).PNG
    download-4 (resized).jpg
    finish him stooges.gif
    images-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1273 (resized).JPG
    3732572 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1518 (resized).PNG
    220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg
    Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg
    download-2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg

There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 6 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Alkaline batteries are basic, hence the name alkaline. Some batteries are acidic such as the lead-acid battery in your car.
    If you really want to get pedantic, what we normally call batteries are not batteries, they are cells. A battery is a group of cells such as a 12v car battery, a 9v battery, or a 6v lantern battery. AA, AAA, C, D, etc. technically are all cells.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

#302 6 years ago

download-1 (resized).jpgdownload-1 (resized).jpg

#303 6 years ago

And if my batteries are charged and not leaking anything...

download-2 (resized).jpgdownload-2 (resized).jpg

#304 6 years ago

As I have stated in the past if it wasn't for Clay & Steve Young the pinball hobby would look entirely different. There efforts years ago saved thousands of machines from ending up in the dump. Over the past 6 or 8 years dozens of people have published lots of stuff on pinball repairs but 15 years ago information was very limited. If it wasn't for a few people efforts years ago I honestly think a lot more machines would have ended up in landfills by now.

I know there were a good many other people doing things for the hobby 15 years ago but Clay made the information easy to access and for that I will always be thankful. I know we would have never attempted repairs without "Shaggy's Guides"

#305 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

(Since you mentioned battery damage as "acid damage" just cements your total lack of knowledge and credibility on the subject matter too.)

Quoted from stangbat:

If you really want to get pedantic, what we normally call batteries are not batteries, they are cells. A battery is a group of cells such as a 12v car battery, a 9v battery, or a 6v lantern battery. AA, AAA, C, D, etc. technically are all cells.

Say it isn't so!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Apinrepair.com+battery

#306 6 years ago

Relax Clay, I was there, unless you stating whether I was sitting over your shoulder while you typed.

I am not your enemy.
    Understand the difference.
    I did not post your guides as my own, ever.
    I did not take credit for your work, ever.
    I am a pinball historian, collector, and restorer, just as you are.
    Nearly, but not quite, for as much time as you have been.

I never discounted your work, and supported your efforts.

I will correct the wording so there is no confusion, and admit my wording error based on the age of the system ( MPU AS-2518-17 and Bally AS-2518-35) and the type of damage in my haste of typing.

Let's get a bit more technical...

I should have stated, "The corrosion essentially comes from a chemical reaction between the corrosive components inside the battery and the copper PC board traces. The specific rechargeable NiCad battery corrosion on MPU damages copper traces on the MPU and must be fully removed in order to conduct repairs proper in allow proper servicing for correct solder work which otherwise prevents adhesion of the new solder, not to mention continued expansion of the corrosion to further traces, ICs, and the rest of the board. Failure to fully remove this surrounding corrosion results in grayish dry granular solder hardening which does not provide proper electrical contact and poor quality repairs, ultimately making the board nearly impossible for formal repair."

This did not come out of the repair guide, but out of my head.

Is that better for everyone?
    I should not have used "quick pinball jargon", that was my mistake.
    They were not alkaline, nor "acid".
    I don't think we need an entire formal dissertation on actual neutralization and cleanup of corrosion on this thread.

Some of the older collector folks just took time to come around, I remember the resistance when the idea was introduced.
    This includes fandangling on the included photographs, which is parts of references and contributors, not just the writing, which seemed to be overlooked but in some cases just as important.

I not sure why you take things so personally based on contributions often.

You already mentioned Joe Blackwell, which I considered him a direct contributor to your DE work.
    If you do not, that is your prerogative, as I don't crosscheck every footnote, and I don't know who does that sort of thing, and I have an extreme attention to detail myself.
    If you want to state that everything was generated or written by you, I am not going to argue.
    I am not here to circumvent or argue your biographies or footnotes, or personally attack you.

I supported your work, personally, multiple times for nearly 20 years in this case.
    It was a good thing overall for the community, which I shared based on the lack of information that occurred in the early 90s.

If you can successfully get the documents copyrighted, why not publish them formally (meaning in a $#@!ing book) instead of dinking around with this situation that been the case for decades?

At this point since, they were pulled, quite a few years ago I might add, it would make better sense that they way people went around you, copied your entire website and posted in on overseas forums like http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl.

You might even get a few new contributions for systems not included like AGC and Ted Zale "zipper flipper" systems I specialize on, based differences or uniqueness in designs. It would be a good time for a major update "upgrade". Others might add their repair directories which were left out like Zaccaria with David Gersic, base on a change of opinion. Of course, I cannot speak for others, just myself.

#307 6 years ago

Clay is salty but he's the man. I miss having updated guides. Some ass always ruins it for everyone else.

I'd pay money to have access to them again!

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Relax Clay, I was there.
    I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY.
    Understand the difference.
    I did not post your guides as my own, EVER.
    I did not take credit for your work, EVER.
    I am a pinball historian, collector, and restorer, just as you are.
    Nearly, but not quite, for as much time as you have been.
    I never discounted your work, and supported your efforts.
    I will correct the wording so there is no confusion, and admit my wording error based on the age of the system ( MPU AS-2518-17 and Bally AS-2518-35) and the type of damage in my haste of typing.
    I should have stated, "The corrosion essentially comes from a chemical reaction between the corrosive components inside the battery and the copper PC board traces. The specific rechargeable NiCad battery corrosion on MPU damages copper traces on the MPU and must be fully removed in order to conduct repairs proper in allow proper servicing for correct solder work which otherwise prevents adhesion of the new solder, not to mention continued expansion of the corrosion to further traces, ICs, and the rest of the board. Failure to fully remove this surrounding corrosion results in grayish dry granular solder hardening which does not provide proper electrical contact and poor quality repairs, ultimately making the board nearly impossible for formal repair."
    This did not come out of the repair guide, but out of my head.
    Is that better for everyone?
    I should not have used "quick pinball jargon", that was my mistake.
    They were not alkaline, nor actually "acid".
    I don't think we need an entire formal dissertation on actual neutralization and cleanup of corrosion on this thread.
    Some of the older collector folks just took time to come around, I remember the resistance when the idea was introduced.
    This includes fandangling on the photographs, which is parts of references and contributors, not just the writing, which seemed to be overlooked here.
    I not sure why you take things so personally based on contributions often.
    You already mentioned Joe Blackwell, which I considered him a direct contributor to your DE work.
    If you do not, that is your prerogative, as I don't crosscheck every footnote.
    If you want to state that everything was generated or written by you, I am not going to argue.
    I am not here to circumvent or argue your biographies or footnotes, or personally attack you.
    I supported your work, personally, multiple times for nearly 20 years in this case.
    It was a good thing overall for the community, which I shared based on the lack of information that occurred in the early 90s.
    If you can successfully get the documents copyrighted, why not publish them formally (meaning in a $#@!ing book) instead of dinking around with this situation that been the case for decades?
    At this point since, they were pulled, quite a few years ago I might add, it would make better sense that they way people went around you, copied your entire website and posted in on overseas forums like http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl.
    You might even get a few new contributions for systems not included like AGC and Ted Zale "zipper flipper" systems I specialize on, based differences or uniqueness in designs. It would be a good time for a major update "upgrade". Others might add their repair directories which were left out like Zaccaria with David Gersic, base on a change of opinion. Of course, I cannot speak for others, just myself.

You are wasting your breath.

You are the enemy.

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You are wasting your breath.

Don't worry, he has TONS.

#310 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Clay is salty but he's the man. I miss having updated guides. Some ass always ruins it for everyone else.
    I'd pay money to have access to them again!

Well said and ditto.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

cfh I'll assume you are clay. Do you still sell your guide? For pin repair?

A link to Clay's page is on the very first post of this thread http://www.pinrepair.com/

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Don't worry, he has TONS.

Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpgStar_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg

#313 6 years ago

Mr. Knight, I probably overreacted and for that I apologize. But I take this stuff very personally as I have a lot of blood sweat tears and money invested in the whole repair guide scenario. People have no idea how much work went into that stuff. Literally years of my life. And when people infer that the work is not mine, I take it very personally. Yes research had to be done and I did indeed talk to people. Nobody lives in a glass house. Research means research. Nobody writes a manual or instructions on anything without doing some sort of research. That's just how things work. But that doesn't mean that anybody else acquired the games, did research, developed the procedures, wrote the procedures, tested them, updated them, re tested them, photographed them, published them. I can't tell you the number of games I bought just to test certain repair procedures.

#314 6 years ago

I wish Rob Hayes could weigh in on this. He was there when i first started writing the repair guides in the mid 1990s (EM and sys80). Though rob contributed nothing in the way of technical information, he was instrumental in being my editor, and helping form a certain writing style (and maintaining that consistency between the guides.) It was helpful because if you read one guide and got used to that style, the others seems more "flowing", because they were consistent in wording and usage.

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Mr. Knight, I probably overreacted and for that I apologize. But I take this stuff very personally as I have a lot of blood sweat tears and money invested in the whole repair guide scenario. People have no idea how much work went into that stuff. Literally years of my life. And when people infer that the work is not mine, I take it very personally. Yes research had to be done and I did indeed talk to people. Nobody lives in a glass house. Research means research. Nobody writes a manual or instructions on anything without doing some sort of research. That's just how things work. But that doesn't mean that anybody else acquired the games, did research, developed the procedures, wrote the procedures, tested them, updated them, re tested them, photographed them, published them. I can't tell you the number of games I bought just to test certain repair procedures.

Sounds pretty sincere to me...

#316 6 years ago

GO ninja!

#317 6 years ago

Clay and all Clay rules !! Now im going back to fixing, and playing my pins and drinking more beer !!!

#318 6 years ago

Randy:

I sent you another PM. There is still some of your material on their website.

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

And all gelatin is Jello, all bandages are band-aids, etc.

I think you have that backward, no? All Jello is gelatin, all band-aids are bandages.

#320 6 years ago
    Quoted from randyfromm:

I think you have that backward, no? All Jello is gelatin, all band-aids are bandages.

I meant that is what people say. People call all bandages "band-aids" regardless of the brand, and they also call all gelatin "Jello" regardless of brand.

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I meant that is what people say. People call all bandages "band-aids" regardless of the brand, and they also call all gelatin "Jello" regardless of brand.

Got it!

#322 6 years ago

Q tips. Don't forget q tips.

#323 6 years ago

Or open-end adjustable wrenches all being called Crescent Wrenches.

#324 6 years ago

Thermos bottles.

#326 6 years ago

Kleenex

#327 6 years ago

"Xerox machine"

#328 6 years ago

Summer's Eve

#329 6 years ago

Lego

#330 6 years ago

Scotch tape

#331 6 years ago

Oreos, Vise-Grips, and Channel-Locks

(one of those is not like the others haha)

#332 6 years ago

Ah i get it, hijacking a hijacking thread.

#333 6 years ago

Maybe I should look after the vfw so it don't get hijacked I'm sure if they hear someone playing in there they'll go away

#334 6 years ago

Shop-Vac

#335 6 years ago

Crapper

220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg

#336 6 years ago

Image 1
    Ed (Wix Support)
    August 2, 2017 9:28:23 PM UTC
    Hi,

Thank you for your patience. We have taken the appropriate action against the website wildcardamusements.com due to multiple copyright violations. We have notified the website owner in accordance with DMCA procedure.

Regards,
    Ed

#337 6 years ago

IMG_1518 (resized).PNGIMG_1518 (resized).PNG

#338 6 years ago

Looks like the website is gone!

The Wildcard Amusements facebook page is still up. Anyone care to leave comments there?

https://www.facebook.com/wildcardamusements/

#339 6 years ago

Next: Mad Amusements....

#340 6 years ago

Glad appropriate action was taken.

By the way, add Zamboni to the list as well. All Zambonis are ice resurfacers, but not all ice resurfacers are Zambonis.

#341 6 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks#List_of_protected_trademarks_frequently_used_as_generic_terms

Don't Tase me, bro, but I threw your Frisbee into a Dumpster after I got some Vaseline on it.

#342 6 years ago

why would I throw tea at you?

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Next: Mad Amusements....

If only that could happen.

#344 6 years ago

I see a few of you have left some comments on the Wildcard Amusements facebook page.

#346 6 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I see a few of you have left some comments on the Wildcard Amusements facebook page.

Hah I did see R Fromm's post there, good one....

#347 6 years ago

People still do facebook?
    So....2001...
    Pinside the new facebook!

#348 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

So....2001...

FB 2001? lol You mean MySpace......lol

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

FB 2001? lol You mean MySpace......lol

MySpace 2001? You mean Classmates.com. lol

#350 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

So....2001...

Apparently a lot of people do. I have an account but I rarely look there. I always feel about 20% dumber after I have gone in and looked at my Facebook feed.

There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-wildcard-amusement-highjacked-my-website/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.