(Topic ID: 193875)

Who is "wildcard amusement"? highjacked my website...

By cfh

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 465 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc (resized).jpg
    IMG_1616 (resized).PNG
    download-5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1613 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1610 (resized).PNG
    download-4 (resized).jpg
    finish him stooges.gif
    images-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1273 (resized).JPG
    3732572 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1518 (resized).PNG
    220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg
    Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg
    download-2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg

There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 6 years ago

Does anyone know who "wild card amusements" is? This guy high jacked my web site.

first he uploaded all the "This old pinball" videos to youtube. I had to file a complaint with youtube on copyright infringement to get them removed (which they did do, thankfully.)

But he took all my repair guides off www.pinrepair.com and put them on his site. what they hell?
    https://www.wildcardamusements.com/pinball-repair-institute

I mean who thinks this kind of behavior is OK???
    if anyone knows this guy, please ask him to remove all my info from his website. i really don't want to have to hire lawyers and that stuff. no one wins in those situations but the lawyers....
    thanks!
    [email protected]

#2 6 years ago

From a Whois lookup:

Name: Eric Mentzer
    Organization: Wildcard Amusements
    Mailing Address: [removed], Seven Valleys PA 17360 US
    Phone: +1.7178879769
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:
    Email:[email protected]

#3 6 years ago

The guy has the balls to ask for donations based on providing Clay's content as helpful repair info, and to throw a copyright notice at the bottom of the page. Wow.

#4 6 years ago

guessing he was a Predator Pre-order person? Possibly pissed at someone that thinks it is OK to take the parts that pre-order people paid for and use them to build your own machine (all the while hiding and lying about where the parts came from rather than helping out the community and telling where you purchased the parts) ?

Quoted from cfh:

#5 6 years ago

If you go to his donations page he signs as Eric R. Mentzer

"How do I contact you directly?
    A. The quickest way to reach me is on my cell phone at (717)-577-5693. You can also try my shop number at (717)-741-1479. If you prefer e-mail, my direct e-mail address is [email protected]."

#6 6 years ago

Someone should call Steve at Pinball Resource. This guy has Gottlieb manuals on his site.

#7 6 years ago

cfh says:
    "if anyone knows this guy, please ask him to remove all my info from his website. i really don't want to have to hire lawyers and that stuff. no one wins in those situations but the lawyers...."

Contact Google about this. They will remove illegal content QUICKLY.
    Try this link:
    https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905

#8 6 years ago

Google won't remove content from your website, just block search results, unfortuantely.

Also, to keep things clear - this is copied into, NOT a 'site hijack'. A 'site hijack' is when someone hacks your server and puts up their own content instead of yours, effectively taking over your site. Just clarifying since I don't want people getting the idea that CFH's site is now compromised in any way.

This d*ckhead just copied all the content and is now taking credit (and money) for it.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The guy has the balls to ask for donations based on providing Clay's content as helpful repair info, and to throw a copyright notice at the bottom of the page. Wow.

The last time someone asked for a donation for this content, the pinball internet had a meltdown. Which leads to my solution...

I'm guessing this person could care less about whether this content is not theirs or not (it's the internet, after all!) as it seems they're pitching themselves as the ultimate repair solution when it comes to pins. I would say the only thing you could do to combat this is to put your guides back up, Clay. To this day, if you Google "pinball repair" you're in the top three hits. With all of the guides back up, I'd guess you'd surely surpass Chris Kuntz. Not sure about the Yelp hit, though.

#12 6 years ago

This is sad, his "Buying A Pinball Machine" page is lifted directly from http://www.pinballclinic.com/buytips.htm and so are the general maintenance tips.

The wayback machine shows pinball clinic with this content on June 15 2004 and wild card doesn't show anything before June 8 2016. This doesn't mean the site wasn't up before then. It just wasn't archived.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

if anyone knows this guy, please ask him to remove all my info from his website. i really don't want to have to hire lawyers and that stuff. no one wins in those situations but the lawyers....
    thanks!

Be careful Clay, this guy has a masters degree in law and ethics.... LOL

mentzer (resized).PNGmentzer (resized).PNG

#14 6 years ago

Found him on Facebook....lets just say he likes his food.

#15 6 years ago

No one has contacted him yet? I would, but his behavior is so brazen and odd that I fear ending up in a ditch somewhere.

#16 6 years ago

"Like the hero of his book (comma)..."

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

"Like the hero of his book (comma)..."

Maybe the name of the book is 'Eric'?

#18 6 years ago

He basically just seems to be stealing a variety of pinball repair stuff from around the internet, reformatting it, and uploading it to his.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

He basically just seems to be stealing a variety of pinball repair stuff from around the internet, reformatting it, and uploading it to his.

Not just that... uses Scrooge McDuck on his "Profit Sharing" page... I doubt it is enough to sic Disney on him, but that would certainly shut him down quick.

#20 6 years ago

I'm really into his "restorations".

https://www.wildcardamusements.com/page3

#21 6 years ago

Yeah, like the Power Play cabinet shots. Obviously two different games and the "after" one has a heavily worn playfield.

#23 6 years ago

Couldn't even remove the classicauctions.net tag in the corner?

#24 6 years ago

He has Randy Fromm's copyrighted material on his site as well.
    Randy is notorious for protecting his IP, and WILL take legal action.

#25 6 years ago

What is a masters degree in "law and ethics" ? He doesn't look like any lawyer I'd hire

#26 6 years ago

Objection!

#27 6 years ago

This guy sounds like a real D

#28 6 years ago

the diving thing cracks me up. I've dove the aquairum at Epcot and GA Aquarium so I must be super prestigious scuba diver compared to him...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Maybe he should have went to barber college instead......

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from dkazz1:

Maybe he should have went to barber college instead......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#32 6 years ago

Holy cow! That guy swiped tons of stuff. He's definitely got lots of Randy Fromm's copyrighted material on there including his big blue book. Someone needs to contact Randy.

#33 6 years ago

Why is anyone surprised? He's a self proclaimed "wildcard".

wildcard (resized).jpgwildcard (resized).jpg

#34 6 years ago

Did he wear off the art in the middle of the playfield in the restore?

playfield (resized).JPGplayfield (resized).JPG

#35 6 years ago

Also, the 90's called and they want their website back... If the guy is going to steal stuff he should at least have a nice looking website. It looks like something I made in my first web design class when I was 16.

#36 6 years ago

clear cut case of DOUCHEBAG.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

clear cut case of DOUCHEBAG.

You can tell from his picture that he's proud of his douchbag moves. I'm mean...seriously...look at that stupid grin.

#38 6 years ago

I would question if any of the 'bio' info is actually true. I just don't see this kind of creep of a weasel owning a yacht like a boss. More likely this is out there so he can scam dating website users into responding in spite of his actual face.

That kind of 'lawyer' wouldn't have the time to steal this info and be in direct conflict with they type of law it represents.

He could have just as easily called himself a 5 star chef and posted betty crocker recipes and yelp pictures. This guys a total scammer and super pathetic.

#39 6 years ago

How in the Hell do people like this sleep at night?? Really!!

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

How in the Hell do people like this sleep at night?? Really!!

In the middle of the day on the water.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

I would question if any of the 'bio' info is actually true.

Bingo

Scumbag's probably a craiglist/zillow scammer too. Freakin gross.

If he does actually work for a realtor, I would bet if his employer or licensing authority would look upon this with interest.

Edit: I misread and thought he was a lawyer, just a MA in law and ethics, but the address he's tying his WHOIS info is this house for sale by...him.. maybe if its real?

#42 6 years ago

Sent the guy an email....see if he responds.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Guy Fieri??

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

I would question if any of the 'bio' info is actually true. I just don't see this kind of creep of a weasel owning a yacht like a boss. More likely this is out there so he can scam dating website users into responding in spite of his actual face.
    That kind of 'lawyer' wouldn't have the time to steal this info and be in direct conflict with they type of law it represents.
    He could have just as easily called himself a 5 star chef and posted betty crocker recipes and yelp pictures. This guys a total scammer and super pathetic.

really? you find it that hard to believe a successful lawyer could be a lying, stealing sack of shit?

#45 6 years ago

I just called his number from that video, left my name and number to call back on and asked if he really has permission to sell the house or are the owners away and you're trying to steal it out from under them among other things you have been doing online.

Yeah I'm guessing I won't get a reply, but we shall see.

#46 6 years ago

28 minutes away from my place...just sayin

#47 6 years ago

Funny that everyone is up in arms about this guy stealing content for his own personal gain, but don't give two shits if someone or a company does the same thing making unlicensed parts/art/etc...

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Funny that everyone is up in arms about this guy stealing content for his own personal gain, but don't give two shits if someone or a company does the same thing making unlicensed parts/art/etc...

Maybe because it's Clay and he actually helps get things fixed, those that are making parts for us to keep our machines alive do so because the parts are not normally available.
    -Mike

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Maybe because it's Clay and he actually helps get things fixed, those that are making parts for us to keep our machines alive do so because the parts are not normally available.
    -Mike

So it's ok to be totally hypocritical so long as it helps you out in the end.

It's still theft either way you slice it

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

really? you find it that hard to believe a successful lawyer could be a lying, stealing sack of shit?

Nope, just that a 'successful' lawyer has better things to do that steal pinball guides. But he's clearly not a lawyer, still a sack of it.

There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-wildcard-amusement-highjacked-my-website and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.