(Topic ID: 124991)

Who is the Best New Pinball manufacturer?

By alexanr1

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by alexanr1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is your favorite new pinball manufacturer”

• Dutch Pinball (The Big Lebowski) 19 votes
    7%
  • Heighway Pinball (Full Throttle) 8 votes
    3%
  • Jersey Jack Pinball (WOZ and Hobbit) 79 votes
    31%
  • Planetary Pinball (Medieval Madness Remake) 11 votes
    4%
  • Multimorphic (Lexy Lightspeed) 8 votes
    3%
  • Spooky Pinball (America’s Most Haunted) 59 votes
    23%
  • Stern (Don't care for any of these pre-order manufactures) 75 votes
    29%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
600961_620063301340036_1827025942_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Honorable mention to Lexy Lightspeed - it incorporates some really interesting new concepts - but misses for me because of the sparsely populated playfield - and although it looks really cool in play, (love the flippers) and the fact that the playfield changes. They need to figure out how to incorporate the LCD playfield and still be able to have it populated with pop bumpers, drop targets, etc., or better yet come up with some new type of interaction (maybe magnetic pops under the playfield that "move" based on the playfield graphic).

Lexy, the first game, has quite a bit of physical features. 8 ball physical ball lock, 3 pops, 2 ramps, 1 fixed mode scoop, 6 programmable pop-up scoops with 6 matching walls (rgbled lit), an additional mini-led for additional mode info and gameplay, and also several shots that feel like virtual ramps as balls feed out of the vuks instantaneously as the ball hits certain shots. It packs a lot of game features into the upper third of the playfield where 99% of physical gameplay features are on most pins. However, if a game designer wants to, additional features can be floated over the interactive screen. Check out the video on the main page of multimorphic.com to see just how versatile the platform really is.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

You are right - Lexy broke new boundaries like the wall, etc. I will go to their site to see how versatile the platform is - it is also hard to know if I would like the gameplay from videos.

That is the truth, people really need to see it in person and play it to judge the gameplay, and for that matter, the whole art package of the game. I personally feel like there is no way you can do the game justice in videos, as you really need to experience how it all works together. Lexy really is a fun game with lots going on, and because the screen can dynamically change to let you know what you need to do, it is by far the easiest to understand game I have ever played. And the game just keeps getting better and better as the code gets more mature.

What you can see in the latest video, I think, is just how versitile the game is as a platform for future developers. That is what the modularity video is all about. Everything about this system is designed to let game designers focus on the fun part of the process (design) and minimizes the unfun part (manufacturing) that seems to trip up so many well intentioned new designers today. In addition to giving them all the tools to ship complete games without having to build a huge pinball machine factory, it also is designed to provide a built in customer base that will be hungry for new games. That kind of foundation is huge for talented designers, and as the system grows it will feed itself in a virtuous circle. I can't wait to see how future first and third party games turn out on the platform.

I love Lexy as a game, but I love what the P3 platform means for the future of pinball. I also love seeing kids get excited about it. I really hope my collection is worth something when I die because a new generation falls in love with the idea of a physical ball rolling around an exciting playground under glass. I think the P3 platform is a key part in making that happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-the-best-new-pinball-manufacturer?tu=Sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.