Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by _xizor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you second guessing your second guess of POTC preorder?”

• Yes - game still looks sweesh and I'm getting back in! 21 votes
      34%
    • No - My feelings are still hurt and I want no part of POTC! 32 votes
      52%
    • Gonna wait it out till my order is ready and then decide 9 votes
      15%

(62 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53035233 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    lq18n (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

After the anouncment of jjp getting rid of the cool lighted multi-disk award spinner and the moving trunk lid , it seems that many were looking at other pin options. but now, things seem to be settled down and more people seem to be getting back in.

Are you back in?

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

After the anouncment of jjp getting rid of the cool lighted multi-disk award spinner and the moving trunk lid , it seems that many were looking at other pin options. but now, things seem to be settled down and more people seem to be getting back in.
    Are you back in?

I've cancelled and resent my deposit 42 times already. This is taking a real emotional toll on me.

#3 5 years ago

The night was dark for Stern but then for JJP and then back again maybe? Waiting for an official ruling.

#4 5 years ago

I never was in but now I'm out.

#5 5 years ago

I transferred my deposit on WOZ to Hobbit, then transferred it to DI, then I transferred that DI deposit to POTC. I did not cancel my POTC order, but hoping to transfer that deposit to Toy Story in Oct.! I would love to transfer my deposit down on that one! But if Guns and Roses gets announced Oct 2019 I would so transfer my TS deposit to that!

I never actually took a delivery of any JJP game ever though. Some of my friends say I have a "commitment" problem.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I transferred my deposit on WOZ to Hobbit, then transferred it to DI, then I transferred that DI deposit to POTC. I did not cancel my POTC order, but hoping to transfer that deposit to Toy Story in Oct.! I would love to transfer my deposit down on that one! But if Guns and Roses gets announced Oct 2019 I would so transfer my TS deposit to that!
    I never actually took a delivery of any JJP game ever though. Some of my friends say I have a "commitment" problem.

Sounds like a good money-saving scheme to me. You'll never get a pinball machine, of course, but you're only ever out $250 and you get in on all of the pre-order excitement.

#7 5 years ago

Still hurting too much to fully comment.

lq18n (resized).jpglq18n (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds like a good money-saving scheme to me. You'll never get a pinball machine, of course, but you're only ever out $250 and you get in on all of the pre-order excitement.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, they're not.

#10 5 years ago

Just put it on a 25% APR credit card and live in the shipping box. It's a lifestyle choice.

#11 5 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just put it on a 25% APR credit card and live in the shipping box. It's a lifestyle choice.

That's a supremely good idea.

#14 5 years ago

Honestly, here's my 2 cents. Ive got a few dozen plays on pirates now and I dont have a deposit down, nor am i a preorder; but i may be a potential buyer in the future. The Game simply kicks ass, and it is not because of the 3-disk spinner mech. That spinning disk only becomes a fun part of the game about 5% of the time. Most the time, when it's spinning, you hardly notice it - it's that 5% when the ball travels just right for the spinning mech to take over and give some fun wild ball returns.

That said; It's the other 95% of the games awesomeness that pulls a player in. From the layout (wide body that feels like a standard) to the fun shots, to the sound integration (Gibbs call outs are bad ass), to the ruleset. The PIRATE lanes are very fun to play. The upper orbit and gold rules are super fun. The 6 multiballs and stacking involved are fantastic. And the character selection, while their rewards seem minor, really help shape the variety of gameplay.

Honestly, the new chest mech should be something people should be talking more about. The shot is so cool but was so frustrating on prototype machines because it bricked 95% of the time; a working chest lock will be awesome. My biggest fear for the game; and this is with the old prototype spinning disk, is how these random award features will play a role - sometimes too much stuff can ruin gameplay and flow, so im still concerned for these award features and how they'll be implemented...will be over used, will it be too 'random' and be too dependent on random outcomes to make for a fun game which ultimately takes away from that fun? That is mainly why i am on hold on this title, not because of spinner gate.

Between Pirates and Maiden; these are 2 of the best pins ive ever played. Simply fantastic games on the horizon for our hobby. Owners of either (or both) will be very pleased.

#15 5 years ago

I am second guessing my second guess of my second guess.

Now what exactly were we guessing about?

#16 5 years ago

Who is on preorder.
    What orders' are cancelled.
    Why consider reordering.

I don't know. (Third Base).

#17 5 years ago

Not in on this title but one thing I have learned about JJP games is that they don't disappoint. I only have TH at this point but down the road want to add WoZ as well. I think one of Jack's downfalls, and we all have them, is that he releases info on games too soon! Things change whether it be from a money perspective or a mechanical. The three disc are gone but I can't believe anyone purchased the game on this one feature alone.

#18 5 years ago

lol, interesting way of wording the 'no' option. Although my feelings are not hurt, I'm still a no. I'll save myself the compromise and a few hundred bucks and buy a DILE.

#19 5 years ago

Im second guessing whether to write something...

#20 5 years ago

I’m so upset. They removed the three spinner mech. That’s the reason I bought it. Then they put in an actual 1972 fireball spinner. Now it looks like a dominos pizza. My wife really hates it. I started another thread about some options. Maybe 3 separate spinners would be better. Like Whirlwind. Then you can have Jumbo, Regular and Personal size pizza spinners.

I cancelled and bought Dialed In LE instead. That will really send them a message. They need to know that the customer is the boss.

rd

(I keeeed. But some people actually did this ...)

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I cancelled and bought Dialed In LE instead. That will really send them a message. They need to know that the customer is the boss.
    rd
    (I keeeed. But some people actually did this ...)

I don't think it's necessary to boycott the entire company just because they f'd up one game.

#22 5 years ago

Come on JJP has been the MOST accommodating pin company out there give them a break. This seems like there 1st cool themed pin yet IMHO.

25ae3c765dc59de9110888d208dc2849 (resized).jpg25ae3c765dc59de9110888d208dc2849 (resized).jpg

#23 5 years ago

I'm second guessing my decision to open this thread.. unvisit in 3..2..

9 months later
    #24 5 years ago

I’m curious how many people who bailed on their preorders have gotten back in after playing the game.

I bailed, played on location last December and now own two LEs.
    A close friend also bailed, played mine and now he’s got a CE.

So at least in my local pinball sphere we have 150% purchase after bailing.

Anyone else get back in after actually playing?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I’m curious how many people who bailed on their preorders have gotten back in after playing the game.
    I bailed, played on location last December and now own two LEs.
    A close friend also bailed, played mine and now he’s got a CE.
    So at least in my local pinball sphere we have 150% purchase after bailing.
    Anyone else get back in after actually playing?

Two LE's!!?!?!?! Why!!?!

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

Two LE's!!?!?!?! Why!!?!

I have a unique situation where my permanent home and my job are in different states. I knew I wanted the game in the keeper collection and I also wanted to keep playing it while I’m away for work. I’m confident in the resale or trade value once the time comes.

#27 5 years ago

That’s hardcore but I think you should have gotten an LE and a standard or CE. That way you could appreciate one more... LOL.

I’m Still thinking about getting one (will wait till jjp5 is announced to decide), but actuality the standard edition in town is set up better than the local LE and is more fun. Both machines get the ball stuck under tortuga though which is quite annoying. Perhaps Levy can comment since I believe that SE is near him.

#28 5 years ago

Still don’t regret that I cancelled my CE order! I played the game and think the game is great but don’t want to support a company that obviouslly is run by a bunch of amateurs. It’s a shame what quallity the CE owners received after more than 1.5 years of test time... Will buy a used one and won’t regret my decision!

#29 5 years ago

I had a deposit on a CE but decide to not purchase after things were taken out with no replacement. Not to mention the horrible barnacles on the CE. If I’m interested in the future I’ll just get a used LE.

#30 5 years ago

I was never in on a preorder at the start.
    Had POTC LE on order before Xmas.
    Delivered and set up one for a friend.
    He decided it wasn't for him, so I bought his.
    Cancelled my other one.

I like the game a lot. Game is a blast.
    I would rather have it do the three discs on the LCD then the playfield.
    Buy it, you won't regret it

#31 5 years ago

I ranted heavily on here when the disc and chest were taken out but pre-orders were not notified of the change (other than finding out on Pinside). I cancelled my pre-order.

After a week or so, there was an interview with Jack where there was admission they’d do things differently in the future. It wasn’t an apology per say, but I got it. It was clear there was a commitment to quality over features in my mind and I reinstated my pre-order.

The game arrived and I’ve been more than impressed with it. The out of box issues I have had have not been out of the ordinary and the service response time has been great as usual.

After a few weeks of playing I’ve come to appreciate the depth of this game, I don’t regret buying at all and I look forward to further code polish.

For anyone who’s tried to make or made a pinball or has worked on any commercial or retail physical product you can appreciate that things never go as expected. The sheer amount of labour that went into all aspects of design and assembly is rediculously impressive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-second-guessing-their-second-guess-of-potc-preorder?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.