jjp_loyal_customer (resized).jpg
business.gif
IMG_20180423_141418 (resized).jpg
I5oQs3.gif
E697E83B-91E0-417A-9022-3D8D3FD838D8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Video from the designer explaining the changes Posted by bigd1979 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm second guessing it but won't make any decisions until I see more. The next live stream is this Weds, likely with a game using updated mechs. With how much effort JJP has put into this game I think people should give them some time and a chance to see the updated game before making a final decision.
In the meantime JJP needs to do something to make up for the removal of the 3 spinning disk toy. A single traditional disk toy is obviously cheaper then a 3x disk toy with 3 motors and LED's. If the price stays the same then where is that amount in dollars being transferred to within the game?

While I agree with what you are saying the MGC show this weekend will more than likely be the last time I (or most) will See this game prior to production which I will Bet will be the Original model which is what sold me a CE to begin with! To wait until later and just see what I get in the box at 12.5 is Not what I thought the plan was while playing this game routinely at 257. Very disappointing move. Delay it to make it work No problem. Deleting main key features not good.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya there. Changing a major feature 6 months after revealing the game and accepting preorders is a bummer. If JJP offered a $500 discount to existing preorder customers do you think that would help?

Personally no. This game especially at the CE level wasn't really about the money. The stunning art, amazing engineering, and creative new features are what Sold the game. Removing the center piece most complex feature of the game is not necessarily a small change. Making the ramps clear over tinted, fine, keeping the trunk stationary to improve function fine, loosing the biggest first ever pinball feature? Not fine nor what you would expect from JJP.

#12 6 years ago

I am just Hoping Eric was up late drinking and thought this would be a funny gag to get people talking about the game. Please let this be a joke....

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The spinning discs were the first thing that got a "wow" reaction out of me in a good while. It seemed like a really good design element for the game.

Agreed. Even the New map art looks hideous. Why would they change that also from the original movie map? I'm all for creative freedom but they should have taken a vote on that one!

#119 6 years ago

Deposit Canceled today. If anyone is interested in CE #17 it is now available with a free Pizza Spatula! Sorry but this decision is Not what I would call a "few minor Tweaks". So really wanted this game and Sincerely feel bad for Eric. He rocketed toward pinball stardom only to have his visions and creation crushed by poor business decisions. I only hope he will not let this defeat sway his future vision and creativity. He is Very talented. For now CGC is up and no matter what the title I am In!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Crap! I was hoping you would make a mod to replace the spinning vomit pizza.

If I had Any talent in writing code to make it work I would have made a drop in spinning triple Disk mod kit! Short of a can of Krylon Nothing is going to make that pizza look good and I have seen many bad pizza's even in Chicago!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Before anyone actually cancels I would say wait for JJP's response. Why? JJP has proven to us that they listen to customer feedback. With the Hobbit they went through and made a ton of positive changes to the game after first revealing it based on community feedback. Maybe something similar will happen here with POTC.

In talking to Eric at MGC today that Is the final decision and what you see is what is happening! Let production begin. I SO feel for Eric as he is one Super creative and talented guy. This change to his masterpiece would crush most artists spirits.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Wow, that sucks. I still had a shred of hope that they would find a better solution than what is shown in that video.
So, is the pizza version there at MGC?

Nope still the Quality full featured version as I originally ordered. Sadly they were still handing out all of the stock literature showcasing the 216 combination spinning diskS. Personally I would have burned all that literature with hopes people didn't see the original. Probably to late to showcase the Pizza Hut revision with such short notice?

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

we just passed a 100 supposed cancellations....

Not bad for a days work and a single announcement decision though Most company's hope an announcement will generate Positive cash revenue!

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was on my way but shit happens ... just bought a gorgeous chromed out huo cv that will ease the pain . Also really wanting to see the premium iron m . I will say dile is still amazing and my favorite by far. My rrwoz isnt to bad eaither .

Thats a bit funny but also an irony. I to canceled my CE and bought a Cherry CV! lol Now an off topic question I need to ask. I have only known 1 guy named Big D in my life and he was a Kick ass harmonica player. No chance that you?.....

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Not sure if I'm reading this right but are you suggesting that distributors are making more per game than the actual manufacturers? A POTC LE costs a distributor $4750 to $5700?

Not a chance and far from fact. At best I would Guess (not fact) they make 10-15% Tops. Throw in a few machine issues and I would be amazed if they make money at all. The distributors are not getting rich at Least not to the tune you pitch. lol

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

What game do all of you think has more features now - Hobbit or Pirates?

Last I checked I wasn't asked to pay 12.5 for my Hobbit? At 8k I would say Pirates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-second-guessing-their-jjp-potc-preorder?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.