• Yes 230 votes
    63%
  • No 70 votes
    19%
  • Gonna wait it out till my order is ready and then decide 68 votes
    18%

(368 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 45 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1489676414956 (resized).jpg
2612844 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hqdefault (resized).jpg
Playfield (resized).jpg
image-6 (resized).jpg
11D90233-FEA8-40B8-B0D9-62671DDE4003 (resized).png
Meme Creator_1524492382866 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
03686A98-4829-491D-8F42-D125617444A9 (resized).png
jjp_loyal_customer (resized).jpg
business.gif
IMG_20180423_141418 (resized).jpg
I5oQs3.gif
E697E83B-91E0-417A-9022-3D8D3FD838D8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #15 Video from the designer explaining the changes Posted by bigd1979 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 1 year ago

Classic bait & switch.
Can't wait for a New York based podcast on this topic.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

» YouTube video

I can picture Jack saying: "Cut, Print it" after that video take.....

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And looking at the mech, it has to cost at least $300 - 400?
So, if they sell 2000 games and say $350 for mech, that is $700k saving.

Replacement mechs cost something so don't forget to deduct from the "savings". Also keep in mind if they only sell five hundred or a thousand machines because of this, they become closer to extinct than ever before.

I still don't understand all the hyperbole of releasing a machine name and design six months or more prior to production.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As Stern survived their “Dark Night” 6 months ago when pinside’s best and brightest declared them finished, so too will JJP.
I wish them both the best.

This is nothing that another Invisiglass sale can't fix....

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

I believe those of us who put their faith and money into this product day 1 and then to change the product after 6+ months and two delays in shipping and production deserve something in the form of compensation. Most of us have bought jjp for better or worse before and are return customers. That disc cannot be cheap including led light and 3 independent motors. Come on Jack make this right.

"What size T-shirt do you wear"?

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's in my opinion the ideal solution.
One giant disk looks out of place and doesn't appear to represent anything from the movies. 3 smaller disks that could fit within the same playfield cutout would mean no major playfield changes. Heck, this would probably be even better then the original design for customers seeing that the map would still live on through the LCD, 3 spinning disks could represent something entirely different adding yet another layer of depth to the game.
3 of these motors and disks could be used in a triangle configuration where the current disk is. A bracket that would hold all 3 would fill in the entire cutout area which could then be removed for easy serviceability.

It's the TOYS!!!

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Can't wait for a New York based podcast on this topic.

Already released!

1 week later
#472 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Maybe JJP should get the louis vuitton licence to compete with the Supreme pin.

Carguement; I see Supreme makes economy cars....

Texas car in Michigan no less...

20180417_123508 (resized).jpg

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

no i think it was some woman who was just passing through.lol!!

I think it's a city in Alaska or a trim level of GMC trucks.

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

So have they ever said which part of the mech is unreliable? Like does it stop spinning? Or does one ring stop spinning? Like what about it is unreliable? Has anyone ever seen one broke?
Most of the time unreliable stuff is removed because the game can no longer function when it's broke (like if the 3 bank on AFM died or if the balls got stuck on the deadworld disc in JD). This isn't like that though, the game would still be playable even with it not spinning.

Yes.

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's a difference between feeling entitled to a discount -- the down-payments are fully refundable after all -- and thinking a modest discount, say $100 or $250, might have been a sound business decision on JJP's part to convert more pre-orders into sales under the circumstances.

How aboot Dinner for two at Estreia Restaurant in Lakewood (Transportation not included) for each CE or LE. BOGO dinner for an SE.

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You couldn't pay me to have dinner in Lakewood. Outside of the minor league stadium and the various office parks (such as where JJP is located), it is a truly terrible place.

No kidding, In a previous job, I had to install data recorders, and then later come back and extract data on buses at the New Jersey Transport bus terminal/garage in Lakewood. Only saving grace was I got to spend the nights in that paradise known as Atlantic City.

If you play your cards right, you can expense gaming fees.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, NE
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside