jjp_loyal_customer (resized).jpg
business.gif
IMG_20180423_141418 (resized).jpg
I5oQs3.gif
E697E83B-91E0-417A-9022-3D8D3FD838D8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Video from the designer explaining the changes Posted by bigd1979 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

right now I think the smartest move for JJP would be is to reskin DILE. It could stimulate sales for a bit while they figure out this cluster-F of a change. They need to double check their engineering and not slam a ninja turtles pizza on it.

On the other hand if they slam a Ninja Turtles Pizza on DI ... (fun to imagine but probably not a good long-term business plan, as then people would hold off buying original themes to see if they reskin it).

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

DI LE at about halfway to 2500 LEs in 11 months is pretty impressive for a ~$9,000 machine. Stern is too afraid to even try 166 more LEs on THEIR BEST MACHINE IN YEARS when it makes total sense, preferring to stay at 500, while JJP is producing 5x more. That's confidence.

Confidence, or JJP doesn't care if they sell out of an LE promptly (or ever, I guess). Production is just as limited as if it were an LE of 1,000,000 -- still limited so long as they never make more than that, but not really designed to make people buy due to a fear of missing out, and won't demand a premium beyond whatever the extras at the LE level (invisiglass, shaker, etc.) are worth. I have zero problem with this, even if it does seem funny that JJP's LEs will always be less rare than their Standards.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, this just re affirms my decision to bail on this and buy a Twister instead.

Are you working on a Paxton memorial collection?

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Yeah well the only thing less meaningless are comments about how meaningless, meaningless comments are

This thread has entered a relevance death-spiral.

#545 5 years ago

How so? The description is vague enough to perfectly describe both the old and the new design.

#643 5 years ago

Thanks for posting the audio interview, I thought Jack seemed respectful of his customers, understanding of the disappointment (you shouldn’t show a birthday gift and then take it away, hard to unsee it, etc.), but firm with the decision. He seems to get that if JJP wants to be a successful pinball manufacturer they have to actually make and ship pinball machines, not endlessly redesign them.

Seems fair enough to me.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So give a discount then to people that had a pre-order hold in with a distributor, pretty simple in my opinion:
"Ooops we screwed up, sorry we didn't deliver on the "ground breaking features" we marketed and sold the game on and here's a little $ discount to those with money on a pre-order, take it by XX/XX date if you still want the game or pay the regular price down the road."

Quoted from jgentry:

Some of you guys live in a dream world. You are not getting a discount. If you don't like the game as is then simply do not buy it. You can be mad at JJP all you want for the production waits on WOZ and TH but at some point you need to look in the mirror and realize that you keep preordering games from them and like you just said, you will get a POTC anyway. You bought games from them, they delivered the games to you, they worked with you and fixed the issues, they did not say you will get a discount.

There's a difference between feeling entitled to a discount -- the down-payments are fully refundable after all -- and thinking a modest discount, say $100 or $250, might have been a sound business decision on JJP's part to convert more pre-orders into sales under the circumstances.

#651 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If actually true, this is different. People are begging JJP to lower the MSRP. Clearly It's not going to happen, just like the pleas to send the game back into another expensive and lengthy development cycle to once again change the spinner mech didn't happen.

Yeah, silly to expect that MSRP would be reduced over this (or anything else). Offering a 1-2% discount to existing pre-orders seems less silly to me from a business perspective, but then again many people would probably have interpreted the specific discount offered, whatever it was, as a slap in the face. So maybe JJP's best course was to do as they did, take their lumps and move on.

Quoted from MrBally:

How aboot Dinner for two at Estreia Restaurant in Lakewood (Transportation not included) for each CE or LE. BOGO dinner for an SE.

Now we're talking.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

He is right. WOZECLE was 6500 day one preorder price - Direct from JJP. So what your saying is most could have got the game for 5500?

Or if you don't have all day, here's the first half of the first paragraph of his "one-sentence answer" on WOZ pricing:

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Here is assistance for a one sentence answer regarding WoZ price indexing.
Betson (west coast) paid $5500 for their bulk WoZ pre-order games in order to get them induced as a new pinball company and promote sales. It was part of negotiations to establish a distribution model, which previous did not exist at all. The whole buy direct concept had just gotten started after JJP established their website for sales. The company which I work paid $6000 for each of the three WoZ games according to the accountant and warranty individual records.

He's saying that JJP was selling to a few distributors at < $6,500 early on. So no, "most" could definitely not have had WOZ for less than $6,500. Presumably only JJP knows what percentage of its early sales were discounted like this.

3 weeks later
#674 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

On another topic, someone in another thread said that IMDN was one of the greatest pins made. WOW!

Someone has said that about every new pin made in the last ten years! People get excited about their new toys (especially before they arrive), you have to take it with a grain of salt.

IMDN is a lot of fun though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-second-guessing-their-jjp-potc-preorder?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.