jjp_loyal_customer (resized).jpg
business.gif
IMG_20180423_141418 (resized).jpg
I5oQs3.gif
E697E83B-91E0-417A-9022-3D8D3FD838D8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Video from the designer explaining the changes Posted by bigd1979 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

After the anouncment of jjp getting rid of the cool lighted multi-disk award spinner and the moving trunk lid , it seems to have many looking at other pin options. The trunk lid isnt that big of a deal to me bc there were alot of rejected shots bc of it. However the new single disk and especially the way it looks is a huge downgrade in most people's opinions it seems. I understand functionality but there has to be something better than the new design and look right?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm second guessing it but won't make any decisions until I see more. The next live stream is this Weds, likely with a game using updated mechs. With how much effort JJP has put into this game I think people should give them some time and a chance to see the updated game before making a final decision.
In the meantime JJP needs to do something to make up for the removal of the 3 spinning disk toy. A single traditional disk toy is obviously cheaper then a 3x disk toy with 3 motors and LED's. If the price stays the same then where is that amount in dollars being transferred to within the game?

Totally agree ... im gonna wait it out and see how things end up on the pin.

#7 6 years ago

Watch from 41 min to 44 min as they talk about the map spinner .... he seemed so very proud of the mech and said it went threw alot of testing. This needs to be in the game imo.....

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

WTF, how long ago was this game announced and they still haven't produced any?

Oct 14-15.... and now its going threw a major change ...

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One of the worst things about the updated mech is that it doesn't seem to really fit with the rest of the games artwork. The games artwork appears to have been designed in part due to the 3x spinning disk taking up a central area of the game. Now the traditional disk seems out of place and doesn't blend into the game.

Yea its not very pleasing to the eye

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am just Hoping Eric was up late drinking and thought this would be a funny gag to get people talking about the game. Please let this be a joke....

I hope so also but i really dont believe thats the case bc its gonna cause people to cancel some preorders

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Whoa, that would be a huge step backwards. I thought the concentric spinning disk was the most innovative game mechanic I'd seen in a few years. I was looking forwarding to seeing it up close at pinfest in a few weeks.
[edit]: The website still shows the spinning discs on all 3 versions of the game: https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, that's a real bummer. I'd be interested to know how that decision came about.

It sure is.. the map was the first thing i fell in love with when i pre-ordered oct 14-15 and now its gone...along with the moving trunk lid.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The spinning discs were the first thing that got a "wow" reaction out of me in a good while. It seemed like a really good design element for the game.

Seemed to be well designed from the sdtm interview i posted. They were a little loud but with glass on and volume up it wld be fine. There really wasnt much to it so im not sure y it has been taken away ?

#97 6 years ago

Man with this pin losing so much steam bc of delays and so many other new releases .... and now this mess. Its not looking real great for this pin at the moment unfortunately. Which is a shame bc when it was released it got a crazy great response and lots of orders. Game has great design and shoots well with some neat rules . I hope this gets fixed bc its a great pin.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

It kinda reminds me of a game i do believe it was made by Sega...It had a spinning disc and it would collect 3 balls in the middle(Magnet) and spin wildly and then it would release the balls going in different directions..Very Cool feature but i can't remember the name of the pin...

Twister

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In talking to Eric at MGC today that Is the final decision and what you see is what is happening! Let production begin. I SO feel for Eric as he is one Super creative and talented guy. This change to his masterpiece would crush most artists spirits.

Ill b getting refund then and getting something else

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

[sigh] when will people learn not to preorder

Its easy when its a fully refundable one just to hold a spot....

#151 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So much for selling everything and having just a JJP lineup

I was on my way but shit happens ... just bought a gorgeous chromed out huo cv that will ease the pain . Also really wanting to see the premium iron m . I will say dile is still amazing and my favorite by far. My rrwoz isnt to bad eaither .

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Yikes!!! 100 x 7-8K it really starts adding up.

Actually potc is 8500, 9500 and 12500 sonit really adds up fast lol

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats a bit funny but also an irony. I to canceled my CE and bought a Cherry CV! lol Now an off topic question I need to ask. I have only known 1 guy named Big D in my life and he was a Kick ass harmonica player. No chance that you?.....

Nope not me... my nickname comes from the gym lol. Did u buy that hep cv? The one im getting is huo mint with everything chrome including the coin door...even has goodie bag still stapled in cab lol. Thats crazy we both bought cv after this debacle. Also great job on your woz mods...i need to order them still.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I recommend watching Bowen Kerins tutorial. Some good stuff there. DI sounds pretty good right now. Not to mention it's $500 cheaper than POTC too.

Actually if u shop around its even slightly less than 9k.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But not a big segment of the amusement world at large. There are plenty of operators who have never even been to pinside and, believe it or not, plenty more who have never even heard of it.

Yep they have sold alot of woz over the past 5 years. Hobbit has did ok and di is doing pretty well for its short time out.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I do not remember if the original LE runs for WOZ and TH were 1,000 or 1,500 but they did sell out DI LE at 2,500 has not

Its on its way ... remember its not even been shipping a year yet. Its gaining alot of steam especially now with this potc spinner gate . Plus its 2500 at a price of 9k so it will take longer than woz and hobbit did. But overall i think its doing very well with so much other competition .

#387 6 years ago

I asked for a refund ....

#415 6 years ago

I have a dile and its just so much better to play than my rrwoz. Woz is a beautiful pin with amazing audio and neat gimmicks but id much rather play di at any given time.

#456 6 years ago

Refund check in the mail from joe.... very sad

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They all have alot of features but if you add them all up not as many as pirates . Keep trying

Depends what u count as a feature... dile has alot of magnets, lcds, ramps and much more. Woz also has alot of the same with multiple playfields. Potc has lots of diverters, neat upper playfield and subway entrances. I think all jjp pins are comparable from a ,b.o.m standpoint.

#486 5 years ago

I just didnt cancal my potcle bc of diskgate and the trunk but that helped. ... im very interested in toy story bc of pats work on di which is just a phenomenal shooting pin packed with neat shit. Plus im more interested in the toy s theme over potc.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If jjp says this is their most feature packed pin I'll go by them.

Was maybe lol jk.... but of course their gonna say that with every new release .. that marketing.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why are you in denyal

Lol...i really cld care less.

#501 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im afraid of the price JJP will throw at us for a Toy story pin. I see the base model being 9500 with a 11500 premium, and a 15000 CE. God i hope im wrong.

Me to... i won't b buying at those prices.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Players never knew the differences, operators did not care as the core features brought the income to the locations. Collectors were different at the time.
Historians know the design developments with relationships with the industry. There are hundreds of examples of features removed/changed/modified from games all the way up to production, and only a handful were restored such as the ES institute and DW Dalek head made by John Davidson, JD Deadworld ball lock, Boogymen changes from EATPM, CV ringmaster and highwire modifications, or even the original Insanity Falls triple split added ramp concept eliminated for WH20 from the original prototypes to mention a few more. In some cases very few examples exist today.
Most of the major feature removals were cost savings, not pure design reliability issues, as from words of higher management, "did not add anything to the core mechanics". Manufacturers had some of the most experienced mechanicaI and electronic engineers in the world developing small intrinic physical mechanisms starting from the 1960s.

Very curious about the wh20 insanity falls thing?

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

In late 1992, Dennis Nordman was interested in doing a full lower wrap around ramp similiar to Stern's Grand Prix and later rethemed to Nascar. It ended with a three way split ramp where traditionally the right slingshot was located, meaning it crossd over the apron region. Placement was modified and elevated to account for the Bigfoot ramp bypass. Eventually the feature was cut to bring back the traditional two slingshot pinball design, and reduce costs, coupled with consistent ball speeds to reach the exits, and response to breaking away from traditional pinball design.
The few prototype games (and their ramps) were still in whitewood when it was decided to go with a single exit and truncate the ramp (which is still one of the longest in pinball history).
You can still find footage/photos of the game and ramps from the 1993 Pinball Expo for verification were WMS showed "teaser" development including artwork from different phases of development.

Thanks for the info

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

o-din you think I’m wrong ? The sales numbers would disagree. So would general consensus.

The hype train happens with every new release ... heck jjp potc went crazy when revealed. The maidien hype will die down slowly until something else is released then will go threw all the hype again on next release lol. Same thing over and over in our small pinball community

#605 5 years ago

Dile is one of the best lighted pins ive owned? My rrwoz is very dark bc of the rgb gi and im guessing potc will be similar bc it uses rgbgi. Hobbit and di use cool white gi and are plenty bright to play in complete darkness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-second-guessing-their-jjp-potc-preorder?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.