pasted_image (resized).png
03686A98-4829-491D-8F42-D125617444A9 (resized).png
jjp_loyal_customer (resized).jpg
business.gif
IMG_20180423_141418 (resized).jpg
I5oQs3.gif
E697E83B-91E0-417A-9022-3D8D3FD838D8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 676 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If actually true, this is different. People are begging JJP to lower the MSRP. Clearly It's not going to happen, just like the pleas to send the game back into another expensive and lengthy development cycle to once again change the spinner mech didn't happen.

Yeah, silly to expect that MSRP would be reduced over this (or anything else). Offering a 1-2% discount to existing pre-orders seems less silly to me from a business perspective, but then again many people would probably have interpreted the specific discount offered, whatever it was, as a slap in the face. So maybe JJP's best course was to do as they did, take their lumps and move on.

Quoted from MrBally:

How aboot Dinner for two at Estreia Restaurant in Lakewood (Transportation not included) for each CE or LE. BOGO dinner for an SE.

Now we're talking.

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How aboot Dinner for two at Estreia Restaurant in Lakewood (Transportation not included) for each CE or LE. BOGO dinner for an SE.

You couldn't pay me to have dinner in Lakewood. Outside of the minor league stadium and the various office parks (such as where JJP is located), it is a truly terrible place.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You couldn't pay me to have dinner in Lakewood. Outside of the minor league stadium and the various office parks (such as where JJP is located), it is a truly terrible place.

No kidding, In a previous job, I had to install data recorders, and then later come back and extract data on buses at the New Jersey Transport bus terminal/garage in Lakewood. Only saving grace was I got to spend the nights in that paradise known as Atlantic City.

If you play your cards right, you can expense gaming fees.

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If that is actually true, it's still a different ballgame.
People are currently begging JJP to lower the MSRP. Clearly It's not going to happen, just like the pleas to send the game back into another expensive and lengthy development cycle to once again change the spinner mech didn't happen.
If you want to beg your individual distributors for clearance discounts on games they haven't even bought yet, knock yourself out. My guess is that will be pretty fruitless but it can't hurt.

I could say more specifically but I don't want to ruin it for the buyers.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If that is actually true, it's still a different ballgame.
People are currently begging JJP to lower the MSRP. Clearly It's not going to happen, just like the pleas to send the game back into another expensive and lengthy development cycle to once again change the spinner mech didn't happen.
If you want to beg your individual distributors for clearance discounts on games they haven't even bought yet, knock yourself out. My guess is that will be pretty fruitless but it can't hurt.

Stern lovers are begging Gary for better quality control but it's just not going to happen. It just isn't.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern lovers are begging Gary for better quality control but it's just not going to happen. It just isn't.

We need another cargument to clarify how jjp is better then stern or how stern is better then jjp. It's not possible to just enjoy pinball, sides must be chosen, feelings must be hurt.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

We need another cargument to clarify how jjp is better then stern or how stern is better then jjp. It's not possible to just enjoy pinball, sides must be chosen, feelings must be hurt.

Just my thoughts. I don't need to justify.

#658 5 years ago

I always like a good sales pitch.

1489676414956 (resized).jpg1489676414956 (resized).jpg

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Did you buy as a distributor, operator or private owner? Where a person bought the game also made a impact, including direct. It makes a difference here. Did I specify private owners exclusively?
History has a way of forgetting other aspects not considered. Prices were raised twice on this title, not considering special editions (and added further increases) as well as the aftermarket boondoggling.
People wanted a short history not the entire pricing narrative of JJP from 2013-2018 or the development cycle starting in 2011.

He is right. WOZECLE was 6500 day one preorder price - Direct from JJP.

So what your saying is most could have got the game for 5500?

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

He is right. WOZECLE was 6500 day one preorder price - Direct from JJP.
So what your saying is most could have got the game for 5500?

See post #450

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

He is right. WOZECLE was 6500 day one preorder price - Direct from JJP. So what your saying is most could have got the game for 5500?

Or if you don't have all day, here's the first half of the first paragraph of his "one-sentence answer" on WOZ pricing:

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Here is assistance for a one sentence answer regarding WoZ price indexing.
Betson (west coast) paid $5500 for their bulk WoZ pre-order games in order to get them induced as a new pinball company and promote sales. It was part of negotiations to establish a distribution model, which previous did not exist at all. The whole buy direct concept had just gotten started after JJP established their website for sales. The company which I work paid $6000 for each of the three WoZ games according to the accountant and warranty individual records.

He's saying that JJP was selling to a few distributors at < $6,500 early on. So no, "most" could definitely not have had WOZ for less than $6,500. Presumably only JJP knows what percentage of its early sales were discounted like this.

#662 5 years ago

That's a horrible example anyway because they lost money at that price point.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

That's a horrible example anyway because they lost money at that price point.

Yeah well what do you think they have been doing at $9500 for RRWOZ for years now, I’m sure long term they are far far ahead.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah well what do you think they have been doing at $9500 for RRWOZ for years now, I’m sure long term they are far far ahead.

Didn't seem that way when they couldn't even order the parts to build TH and had to have an investor come in and take over to avoid going under. Have some of you guys ever met the industry folks? Any of them look like they are swimming around in money bins to you?

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah well what do you think

I think you're a great bloke with no idea.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Didn't seem that way when they couldn't even order the parts to build TH and had to have an investor come in and take over to avoid going under. Have some of you guys ever met the industry folks? Any of them look like they are swimming around in money bins to you?

Yea, I think it is pretty obvious at this point none of them are super rich and pinball is a lot harder than people think.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think you're an idiot with no idea.

#1 rule on Pinside... Be nice!

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yes, Gary Stern.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

#1 rule on Pinside... Be nice!

What if that WAS him being nice??

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yes, Gary Stern.

Strange, when I've met Gary he doesn't look or behave like someone swimming in money. Maybe he's just an unassuming business man that doesn't flaunt his success. Or maybe making money at pinball is a ton harder then all of the pinball forum experts think.

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Clearly you missed the point. It wasn't about whether or not $9,500 is profitable, but more about if $6,500 is an expected price because it was sold for that amount at one point. It was a loss at that price, as features were continually added after pre-orders were made.

I bought my RR woz for $9,150 brand new over a year ago. JJP probably got $8,500 of it. You wont find a stock game with more money put into it than this one.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What if that WAS him being nice??

Yes I could have done better.
Rule #1

3 weeks later
#673 5 years ago

Once Keith answered my post and confirmed that the playfield would have a smaller center hole for the smaller disc, I emailed Tommy (Nitro) to say that I am in, 100%! Now let's get these running already, fine tune the rest of the code as we move forward.

On another topic, someone in another thread said that IMDN was one of the greatest pins made. WOW!

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

On another topic, someone in another thread said that IMDN was one of the greatest pins made. WOW!

Someone has said that about every new pin made in the last ten years! People get excited about their new toys (especially before they arrive), you have to take it with a grain of salt.

IMDN is a lot of fun though.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Someone has said that about every new pin made in the last ten years! People get excited about their new toys (especially before they arrive), you have to take it with a grain of salt.
IMDN is a lot of fun though.

I agree. Every new pin has this effect on people. Once the excitement and newness is gone, we are off to the next pin which will become the latest and greatest.

#676 5 years ago

I'm on the edge on this one at moment with all the changes and price tag going up, excited to get to play it and getting to talk with Eric and the Rocky Mountain Showdown here in a few weeks, that will likely make my decision if I stay in on this one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 676 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-second-guessing-their-jjp-potc-preorder/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.