(Topic ID: 64233)

Who is running ColorDMD in Sigma mode and for what games?

By Taxman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    SIGMA 2_2 Upscaling.jpg
    P3162317.JPG
    P3162316.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have heard that TZ looks great in Black and White. But how many bought one for machines without game specific code?

What games did you put them in and what settings do you use?

#3 10 years ago

I was going to get it for Creech in green but now with the code due I don't have to

I am going to have to look for videos of the non-dot mode not just a couple of small clips.

#7 10 years ago

Nice, FT is on my short list of "Would be nice" pins. The green looks sweet.

One comment from the picture, you should get a Glare Guard (Plug for Mr. 68).

#10 10 years ago

I really thought I'd hear from more. I have a feeling if they didn't run out so quick more would. But people with the released game grab each batch that comes out. I know I want one tomorrow for Creech.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I love what ColorDMD is doing, the colorized games look amazing, and I hope some day I have one in one of my games. That said, I'm really not a fan of the "smoothed" mode, it doesn't look good to me. The art was meant for dots, monochrome or colorized. Every time I see one in person running in just single color mode it's smeared out though, I still haven't seen the pure dots, single color look running.

Agreed. I like the dots mode. But as with everything it is personal preference . That's kinda why I asked. I didn't know if I'm just use to dots.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

You need about 20 more of these. Colorize everything!

You know I'm working on it. Four down and hope for two more tomorrow. I just don't know if I should be getting them before I know what's coming out.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Hey Shrekman!!
    I have one in Congo set to green on the high def. setting? (I get the different settings confused) It has just a hint of dots but doesn't have them totally gone. It looks awesome IMHO!! Although I am hoping to add a couple more...Popeye (in blue), and maybe another one (in purple) (not telling which one just yet!!)???
    Phoebe

Hey Phoebe!

The problem is with my line-up as soon as you put one in the others look plain. So they have spread. I just wonder about colors and setting others use. Do I get them when available? Do I wait for code. Will there be competition and price drops or shortages

This does get expensive.

3 weeks later
    #32 10 years ago

Much better. I now have 6 of these and I have a feeling it will be going up.

#41 10 years ago

Thank for getting that out there. Much better where alpha-numeric is displayed, but some of those graphics are just made for dots. The guy sitting in the boat is a good example.

3 months later
    #44 10 years ago

I'm up to nine of them all setup in a row. I have 8 of the 9 released full color (all but STTNG) and I put one in TZ in black and white Sigma 2.2 blended mode. Freakin awesome.

I have 11 pins in that row total. Right now the other two are Fish Tales and TOTAN. I guess I'll get two more to finish off the row. Green looks good for FT (as seen above) but what color for TOTAN? I'm thinking blue like the 15 inserts for spinning the lamp.

Has anyone used one in TOTAN? If so what did you use? Thoughts?

1 year later
    #50 8 years ago

Wow, my old thread from over a year ago. Come a long way since then. I'm up to 12 ColorDMDs with full colored ROMs and one Black and White Sigma Mode in TZ.

#55 8 years ago

Why swap hardware? Just load the Sigma ROM onto the other one and see what the red looks like, then install the old ROM again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-running-colordmd-in-sigma-mode-and-for-what-games?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.