Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

I can tell you that as a parent, and a collector- I take my kids to a few local arcades and send them off with about 10 dollars in nickels- this is a “nickel cade” and although a few games really are a nickel many are 2-9+ nickels. This particular place happens to have about 12 DMD or newer games including MMr (9 nickes a game!!! Woot!!).

My kids will burn a pound of nickels in minutes playing vegas style redemption games that reward them with 100 tickets streaming onto the ground. Then they turn in their 400-800 tickets an hour later (10-15 dollar cost plus 2.50 admission) and purchase a 50 cent plastic piece of shit.

Luckly- I can get my daughter to play a few MMr (she loves castle multiball). But yes-

I have the run of the 15 or so pins- I walk 10 feet to the left and I can barely move in the crush of children and idiot adults playing the vegas style redemption games. I swear to god- there are adults that will play for friggin tickets and do so “competitively” to the point they will jump in and work a gane if a kid leaves a “valuable” prize in an easy to get position.

I don’t inderstand it, and it pisses me off a little bit, and I have to restrain myself from draggin my kids away from the garbage and “forcing” them to learn a true skill- like robotron or pinball

To each his own- but I have true empathy for you trying to turn this into a business. I don't know how to get people to realize that arcade games and pinball games reward good play and are FUN! I do NOT understand the obsession with tickets. We talk about the fact that what my kids get is total garbage, and they completely agree and will even laugh about it- but human nature loves instant gratification. I have to admit... I have been known to load 50 nickels into a ball drop game and work to get my kids over the line for the last 300 tickets they need to get X or Y prize. So I get it- I just wish I did not get it and those games were gone.

I probably am too old to get the new redemption game model- but not really, its has however been a LOON while since I was 9.

Good luck and best wishes. I would dine at your locations and play your games. But I am only one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-playing-pinball-has-changed-drastically-since-i-was-playing?tu=rufessor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.