Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 8 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 12 votes
      18%
    • All of the above 37 votes
      57%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 5 years ago

WhoSLA? Come on, EVs are so yesterday. All the cool kids are over here now.

#142 5 years ago

Wow, that article really is for dummies. No mention of water vapour at all. Love the shameless confirmation bias. Of the dummy, by the dummy, for the dummy.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

You want to back up your shade throwing with some facts? Otherwise you sound like an uninformed crank.
    Regarding water vapor, you should read this:
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/water-vapor-greenhouse-gas.htm
    Summary for the dummy:
    “So skeptics are right in saying that water vapor is the dominant greenhouse gas. What they don't mention is that the water vapor feedback loop actually makes temperature changes caused by CO2 even bigger.”
    Confirmation bias. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Confirmation bias, as far as I can tell, is starting with a dogmatic position, then searching for any information that backs up the position ("confirms" it), whilst ignoring any information that supports the contrary position. So, that's what I think it means. If it does mean that, then it does mean what I think it means. The sneaky thing about confirmation bias is that it is subconscious, so the person exhibiting it doesn't even know it. They will usually deny it.

But it's quite easy to spot the type of people prone to it. The main giveaway is that are usually applying their bias from the very top of a bandwagon that they have joined recently. Then they are also prone to not listening to contrary opinion and start to use emotive language like "You want to back up your shade throwing.."

If one wants to be a successful debater and have people take you seriously you should first drop the aggressive tone and the use of any words that don't contain information. Otherwise you just come across as a blusterer piling on to a bandwagon.

So, to my point about the article, and the FACT that water vapour wasn't mentioned. Which was actually the only FACT that I presented. It is a FACT that the article said that the two biggest greenhouse gases are CO2 and methane. This is not true. The two biggest greenhouse gases are water vapour and CO2. That is a FACT. The article should have said that the two biggest greenhouse gases OTHER THAN water vapour are CO2 and methane.

So, the article is displaying clear confirmation bias in that it is ignoring the very existence of water vapour.

And thanks for your supportive quote..

Quoted from Brijam:

“So skeptics are right in saying that water vapor is the dominant greenhouse gas.

#176 5 years ago

Ok, so I read it. It's just as bad. It falls into exactly the same confirmation bias trap. Where?, I hear you ask.

It states that water vapour in the atmosphere is short lived and that CO2 stays there for centuries etc. It fails to make ANY mention of the uptake rate of water vapour INTO the atmosphere. Water vapour is in the atmosphere just as long as CO2 is, ie, it's there all the time, just in a steady state condition with new vapour entering to replace the exiting vapour. So, exactly HALF the true information is presented in order to CONFIRM the position whilst leaving out the half that is inconvenient.

The article also starts off with it's major premise being a statement claiming what other people are trying to imply. Go and do a bit of research about debating or language and you'll pretty quickly discover that this makes for very shaky ground from which to make a point.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

If you want to change my mind, or anyone's mind,

I don't.

I have no interest in making people think anything. People should think for themselves. If I change someone's mind then they are just thinking what I think. All I care about is the accuracy and quality of information. The truth about all things makes a habit of simply existing regardless of what people think.

Quoted from Brijam:

maybe you should link to some studies that prove your position

My only position was that an article displayed confirmation bias. I have presented no other position.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

at least move it all into a "Nonsense political and/or other agenda" section that I could permanently block

You mean like “off topic”, where it already resides, that you ‘can’ permanently block. Amazing. You could actually just come to Pinside for pinball. Who would have thought?

#243 5 years ago

I’m out, because when I want to go green I take the bus.

All the EV zealots who claim their green credentials are pussy green. Yes, pussy green, because they haven’t got the guts to do what’s really required and drop the car idea altogether.

Couldn’t possibly give up the convenience of the latest, shiniest individual transport machine that not only lugs them around, but also two tons of its own bulk for no purpose. Whatever it’s fuelled by!!!

Want to get green? Want to really help? Want to really do something useful? Then walk out your front door, down to the corner bus stop and catch a bus that’s ALREADY going where you need to go, and it has an empty seat, that YOU could use with no addition to footprint at all.

Until then, shut the fuck up about how great you are, with your new, heavy, inefficient (but slightly more efficient than previously fuelled models), personal “I’m green and you’re not” statement making device.

Grow some balls and do it properly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-out-on-tesla-model-3-?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.