1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by DruTheFu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 7 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 10 votes
      17%
    • All of the above 35 votes
      58%

(60 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

I like what Tesla does, and electric is definitely the future, but it's not, and likely never will be for me. Instead I went from a 2016 Corvette Z06 and just got a 2016 Porsche Cayman GTS. Electric vehicles are just completely soulless to me. They have no character and they sound like golf carts. I'll be buying gas powered manual cars for as long as they keep making them. Then when they stop, I'll just buy used cars.

I had model 3 on order but was still one year away, plus I didn’t like the looks especially the interior without any instruments like the S and every other car has. Plus l drove a S and while fast in a straight line, very removed from the personal interaction with the car.

Received my refund but took Tesla 2 months to send it, no communication from them until I sent several messages.

Eventually got a BRZ tS which is not a competitor to the 3 but it’s just my personal car so it’s all I need. I was a S2000 owner and missed that car since I sold it, BRZ reminds me a lot of a hardtop S2K with more room inside, more features and a radio I can hear.

I really prefer the feel and involvement of a manual transmission and BRZ lightweight and fun to drive.

EV might be the future but I’m getting the MT gas power car while they still make them.

#99 1 year ago

IMO when you have a waiting list 500K long tells me a few things that could go wrong.

1) a lot of people want to get something that’s hot (topical) blah blah a new Tesla however once 100K are on the street it’s not so cool and new anymore so people who care about that might not want it see this happen with cars once they are out 1-2 years. There might be a downtrend due to that once it’s a year or two and lots more on the street.

2) people wanted the $35K car and the $7500 rebate. Not a lot of $35K being made and the rebate won’t last forever so that might lead to a downtrend once rebate expires. This will give a leg up the the competition.

3) people can’t or don’t want to wait forever will get something else and to me EV is not a killer app it’s just a car so if I’m getting something for transportation I can choose from 100 different cars/suvs in this price range.

4) other companies will fill this area, might be with EV or hybrids but basically anything with 4 wheels and an engine to drive me to work this is not something Tesla is a the only game in town.

5) some people might not care for the model 3. I know people early on the list who passed because they were underwhelmed.

6) **this is a key point. The 500K list might be the majority number of people who wanted the model 3 overall. Like they figured they’d get one what’s the harm of getting on the list. This is part of the hard core Tesla fans. This problem is like say TNA. Sure there is a good demand but once they sell 500 pins the rest of the market will be satisfied with the resale of TNA not like they will need to make 200 a year forever. I was watching a documentary about the AMC pacer where they said the first year demand was through the roof so they sold double what they had projected problem was the next year everyone who wanted one had bought one so the sales tanked.

I see this a lot with cars take S2000 can’t make enough for first few years and then after a bit there is no market, sure they still sell some but there is no crying demand after a few years when all the guys who really want one got one. The sales level off and then slide and then they stop making them.

It’s possible the 500k waiting list is a mirage where some just want the rebate (soon gone) and some want the new/fresh car which will soon be one of hundred thousands (not new/fresh after a while). So I don’t expect the demand to be super high for long like to project hundreds of thousand sales / year. There are a lot of things helping the big waiting list that overall might let air out of the sales. Yes hundreds of thousands want one, but will that be recurring or more of a one off from Tesla fans who were priced out of the S/X due to six figure price tag.

Loss of rebate
    Loss of newness
    Other competitors that will newer or fresher
    People who want one already factored in and once they buy less Tesla super fans left and folks can buy used so less demand for new

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.95
    $ 209.99
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Williamson Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 9,099.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside