Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 8 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 12 votes
      18%
    • All of the above 37 votes
      57%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I could see them as the new Saturn, a niche part of GM. Or perhaps Fiat will rescue them like they did with Chrysler.
    One thing is clear, the soy boy running the show was so pissed off about shorts he put the entire Company at risk. He won.
    Tesla relationship with Space-x will keep them running for awhile, since we need a dozen vehicles for our new Space Force.

#16 5 years ago

The constant braying of fan boys and sycophants is being drowned out by the Ambient sleep-deprived voice of the CEO. I liken Tesla Co. to an iceberg, a little exposed at the top with the greatest dangers hidden. My concern is somehow the American taxpayer will be saddled with the enormous good money after bad bailout when it finally goes off the rails.
    Like any flash in the pan concept not ready for prime time it is now not a question of if,but when the implosion occurs. Everything the Saudis touch turns fecal-laden, Tesla will merely reinforce this proven fact. A modern day Jack Welch or Lee Iaccoca could save it, sadly American Industrialist of their caliber are in short supply, what we have left is failed rock stars like Musk.

#19 5 years ago

Great video Crash. Junk Teslas would be great to power wilderness cabins. Fixing the actual cars? I admire the guy for his bravery.
    Then again,not much difference than an electric forklift, those mechanics may find it a breeze.

#100 5 years ago

I prefer corded power tools when doing work, nothing more irritating than a weak battery. A gasoline car represents freedom and plenty of power to do the job. An electric vehicle is "Polite" where you don't push it too hard and need to constantly be aware of your reserve power.
    Tesla should turn their focus to the 100 MPG gasoline vehicle. We have all become aware that "Peak oil" was a lie, and with the advancements of US Companies ability to harvest shale deposits we became the leader in oil production.
    Electric cars are pushed by the same weenies promoting mass transit, they want to know where you are going and controlled as to where you go.
    I can jump in my old truck and drive to Alaska, with no thoughts to running out of power, as well as traveling anonymously. No devices installed communicating with the Manufacturer or an eye in the sky. I can pull a trailer, sleep in the bed, haul supplies and fuel. Any electric vehicle will wimp out trying these things.
    Some forward thinkers don't like a common citizen having that measure of freedom.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's a car and company this thread is about. Owners chose to buy whatever they like, and have the money to do so, so are probably not overly concerned what others that don't think. If they do, their problems may run deeper than those the car manufacturer is having.

This clearly sizes up the situation. An illogical, emotional connection to a product, to the point of fallibility.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

It depends on where you live. Where I live more than half of our power comes from renewable sources, and 100% of mine does.
    It's much better for human health to have the pollution come from far away plants than from car exhaust.
    Lastly, very little of our power is nuclear, but more of it should be. Far better than coal.

This is the most ludicrous statement I have read in quite awhile. The first nuclear waste ever produced is still on the Earth polluting, and will be for 18000 plus years, since there is no way to dispose of the stuff. The salt mines in Utah are collapsing in places, rusty radioactive drums have burst spilling their contents, and there isn't enough money that has ever been printed since the foundation of economies to pay the Superfund cleanup bill for radioactive contaminated Sites across the US.
    Nuclear power plants have resorted to storing waste on site since there is nothing else left to do with it. A few years ago (last time I kept up with these things) there were only two Plasma Incinerators capable of destroying low-level radioactive medical waste , they both were small and slow.
    Soy Boys ride around spouting "GREEN" and pushing electric vehicles like social justice warriors with no inkling how the electricity is produced to power their expensive toys. If its nuclear generated they need to do some deep soul-searching, or just STFU.
    If the money spent on nuclear generated power had been placed in coal research we would have clean coal generated electricity, and the US has more coal reserves than anybody else.
    When that nuclear plant on the beach in California gets hit by a tsunami or earthquake people may wake up, but it will be too late.

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When in the 90s that siren went off for San Onofre at 4:00 AM during a huge downpour, I thought we were already done. It went on for quite a while. One good size earthquake and we can watch both those concrete domes roll into the sea.

I live near a nuclear power plant as well, we all do. Germany has put a hold on any new ones being built, after the Fukushima debacle they were one of the few Countries to learn just how bad this form of power generation is.
    The problem is no one ever came up with a way to dispose of the waste. South Carolina took it for years and then said enough. North Carolina said "Not in my back yard" like every other State.
    Solar will never replace fossil fuels, neither will wind. The ocean tide generator holds promise but funding for research is limited. Anyone calling nuclear energy "Clean" is an idiot unworthy of serious consideration. Let them drive their toy cars but when they spout off as being somehow superior they must be informed of the truth.

#192 5 years ago

Tesla went from a scrappy startup with high integrity to one engulfed by Silicon Valley hype. Myriad quality issues are covered up and Engineers complaining about it intimidated into silence or removed. Thermal runaway exhibited from poor battery control result in fires that are very hard to put out due to the metals used. Poor roof to pillar construction resulted in the famed "Rat hole", Musk solution? Stuff a chunk of foam in it.
    Employee harassment lawsuits, Investor lawsuits, indictment from the SEC, when it can't get worse a rapper houseguest spills the beans about a drug-addled Musk frantically begging for money on overheard phone calls.
    This endeavor will end sooner rather than later and the Pros will pick up the pieces to use in real car Companies, ones that make profits.
    Who is out on Tesla? Anyone with common sense.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

I know what car I want to be in:

You are not kidding Nilroc. It might be a good idea to remove the ban on Halon fire extinguishers as well, nothing is more effective in putting out lithium, magnesium and electronics fires. Instead of side air bags perhaps an onboard Halon system would be more cost-effective, flooding the interior at the first sign of fire. Second thought, that would eliminate oxygen to the driver, no good. Nothing beats a Volvo for safety.

1 week later
    #381 5 years ago

It is heartening to see a legitimate Automobile Manufacturer like Mercedes produce an dependable electric vehicle. The Germans embraced and improved solar power as well as alternative fuel sources early on, I see no reason why they won't quickly take their rightful place in the World as "The" best electric vehicle Manufacturer.
    Tesla's shoddy construction, manic CEO and overpricing with late delivery all combine to an eventual tragic future, sooner rather than later. It's probably time for them to quit playing, sell out and let the real Auto Companies produce electric vehicles.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Who is in on Toyota Tacoma?"

I would be if the prices were lower, these puppies keep resale value like no other. I miss the bare bones versions of years past and dislike the larger body style of the current offering. I have been seriously looking used vehicles lately and narrowed it down to 4, the Toyota Sienna, the 4-Runner, the Corolla and the ?. The way I keep vehicles it may be my last so I want something that will endure, comfortable drivers seat the first priority.
    My dream Tacoma is like ISIS or Somalian Armies are using in the desert. I wish we could get that model over here.
    Great synopsis on the EV state of affairs Rubbernecks!

#390 5 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

Since these threads are about new vehicles, what NEW vehicle are you actually going to buy in the NEAR or 1-3 year FUTURE, or state that you will never buy a new vehicle in the future.

I saw no "New Vehicle" limitations imposed by the OP, in fact the very opposite. Perhaps you are in the wrong thread.

2 weeks later
    #459 5 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

All you have to do to pass a MJ pee test is to drink the juice.

What does this juice contain?

8 months later
    #503 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Wall Street Analcysts.

A friend suffered from anal cysts, hard to treat.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-out-on-tesla-model-3-?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.