Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 8 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 12 votes
      18%
    • All of the above 37 votes
      57%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Or any other Tesla model for that matter. I don't buy into the hype. And I don't need a new car just to have a new car.

I've got no need or desire to give this company a dime of my money.

And if you are an owner or buyer, please don't crap on this thread as you already have your own.

#3 5 years ago

Yeah I can see that. If nothing else they sure know how to stay in the news. Nothing like free advertising.

Of course that's what plenty of drama will bring you.

#10 5 years ago

From what I understand, buying parts for them is even harder.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Tesla stock takes a nose dive! It's in the news now.

Do you think it's this thread that caused that?

#34 5 years ago

Funny how the same dude that in the other thread didn't like anything negative has come to crap on this thread despite being requested not to in the first post.

#37 5 years ago

Supposedly for an electric drivetrain it's pretty well engineered, which isn't saying much, but damn, it's so ugly

Looks like a glorified Camry except without the way lower price or the quality Toyota label on it.

And I can walk into any Toyota dealer and buy any part I might need even for my almost 20 year old Tacoma. And have it the next day if they don't stock it.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

I saw two pictures of a busy street in NYC, one in 1903 with dozens of horse-drawn carriages and one car, and one in 1913 with one horse and dozens of cars. Change can happen fast.

So are you out on Tesla or what?

If not there is another thread for you to boast about them.

#83 5 years ago

Around 1832 saw the birth of the electric car. Pretty amazing how that fad never really caught on in the almost 200 years since then.

Thomas_Parker_Electric_car (resized).jpgThomas_Parker_Electric_car (resized).jpg
    #85 5 years ago

Even making EMS, Bally was already destroying the competition anyway, and rapidly becoming the top pinball manufacturer, which would continue through the early 80s, so it really didn't matter what kind of antiquated games others were making. On the plus side some of those last EMs used fully rectified DC play fields and were pretty snappy.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

Based on who replied in the other thread if you can answer Yes or No to the question then your opinion applies.
    BTW were you previously "IN" on Tesla?

No, but I got permanently ejected from that thread for stating my opinion, so obviously to me it is a fanboys only thread. And likewise they are not welcome here as stated in my original post..

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

picture is 1895
    BTW 100% of cars on the moon are battery powered electric!!!

Soon they will rule Uranus.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I guess preorders apply to cars AND pinball.

Some people just gotta be the first on their block to own certain things without even given it a test drive. I did it with TNA, but it was almost certain to be of the same quality of the one I played. And it was.

Never do it with a car though. I'm test driving and inspecting the one I'm buying or no sale. Plus I'm not buying a car just to buy a car. It would be because the one I have no longer does the job. And then waiting would not be an option.

#95 5 years ago

I kicked that one to the curb several years ago

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
    #107 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stop dumping on Tesla owners

It's a car and company this thread is about. Owners chose to buy whatever they like, and have the money to do so, so are probably not overly concerned what others that don't think. If they do, their problems may run deeper than those the car manufacturer is having.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

NOBODY throws Tesla under the bus because of tax credits given to purchasers of their cars, do they?

Wow! You mean I could save money if I bought this $49,000 car?

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

An illogical, emotional connection to a product, to the point of fallibility.

You should see some of the videos on youtube. lol. I watched one anyway that was linked in the other thread.

But again, this thread isn't about them. I don't see I have much in common with that dude.

#114 5 years ago

What I know is electricity is generated in a large part in nuclear and coal power plants , and not sure I see much green about those.

What I do see as green is driving as little as possible and getting the most use out of an older vehicle before considering buying a new one of any kind.

coal_pollution.0 (resized).jpgcoal_pollution.0 (resized).jpg

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yes because older vehicles tend to have cleaner emissions, burn less fuel and never need maintenance.

Exactly. An already built vehicle does not need all new parts or need to be produced in a factory that will obviously spew some kind of emissions, not to mention the parts suppliers for those new vehicles and raw materials needed.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Teslas just need $9k batteries from time to time.

How green are those batteries after they have expired?

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I live in the city. Discipline my kids. Drive a 10 year old car. I guess I’m cool!
    RAV4 is a great car.

That is very refreshing to hear that you don't need some shiny new box just to impress nobody but yourself. Because nobody else will really be impressed. Now we are getting somewhere!

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It’s a 10 year old Tesla Roadster...

If that's what you want, there are a few with low miles on them. Most much less than they were new.

Can't tell what happened to the high milage ones though. Don't see any for sale.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Tesla/Roadster

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Nah was never really a fan of that car.

I saw one whizzing around the neighborhood about 8 years ago, and I must say I was impressed! But that was then...

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Tesla depreciates less than any other luxury car and sells faster too:

I don't like luxury cars period, so in that department they are all the same to me. Overpriced shitboxes destined to lose a large amount of their initial cost shortly after you drive them off the lot. And more parts and equipment than you need to get from point A to point B.

But hats off to Tesla for taking the lead in that department

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I see oil changes are free though.....

They get the grease job at the dealer.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I'm probably the only idiot still mowing his lawn with a corded electric lawnmower. It's a pain to swing the extension cord over the thing every pass but it was < $100 floor model at Sears and it still works.

I have a gas mower but use a corded electric weed wacker to edge. It is lightweight and does the job just fine.

On another note, I'm like the only guy on my street that actually does his own lawn.

For the rest, it is the battle of the gas blowers, to see which one is the loudest, and which can start earliest in the morning. And all they do is blow the shit back and forth, one property to another. I sure wish they would outlaw those things.

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

When that nuclear plant on the beach in California gets hit by a tsunami or earthquake people may wake up, but it will be too late.

When in the 90s that siren went off for San Onofre at 4:00 AM during a huge downpour, I thought we were already done. It went on for quite a while. One good size earthquake and we can watch both those concrete domes roll into the sea.

#164 5 years ago

It was kinda scary, but raining so hard who wanted to get out of bed and go. So I yelled to my roommate " Does that mean it's time to split?" He said "no, that means it's too late".

#170 5 years ago

Why don't you just pop one of these bad boys on your Tesla, then you are good to go!

DAV_8489 (resized).jpgDAV_8489 (resized).jpg
    #226 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey Brijam,
    Don't waste your time

Yes, you've probably both said enough.

The title of this thread is not "Defend your purchase of a Tesla" but is "Who Is Out on Tesla Model 3?"

If you spent as much time reading, as you do self assuring each other, that may have been apparent.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Just happened 4 days ago. Guess what no fire

Lucky. Now will you go back to your happy thread and stay there? Obviously you made a wrong turn.

191ziuxzm82vmjpg (resized).jpg191ziuxzm82vmjpg (resized).jpg

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

how are you missing out on the Munsters thread? Or were you preemptively booted?

Yeah, I was booted out of that one before it even started. Also with the thread where these dudes that are raving about the car, some that haven't even taken delivery of yet, should be posting instead of here. But one thread must not be enough for them, they seem to need to smear their lovefest propaganda everywhere they can. Must be some sort of insecurity issue as far as I can tell.

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Drive north of Edmonton for two hours in your Tesla and you'll get stranded.

I'm guessing they would not fare much better in a place like Texas where you might see a sign that says "last gas station for 500 miles".

Tesla seems more to me like it is an overpriced, overhyped grocery getter, that you don't dare leave the metropolis in for long road trips, and best have a solid #1 vehicle if it breaks down and needs repairs, if you do indeed need a car to get around. A luxury item I guess for those that can afford it and like to go 0-60 real fast between stop signs.

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Wrong again.

Wrong again? I don't think so. I haven't been wrong yet why I don't want one of these turds or even why I don't want a relationship with this company or be a member of their clan.

I am yet to see a sign on any roadway that says Tesla charging station in 40 miles or 100 miles for that matter. Or maybe I just didn't care to see it, but don't remember one.

But that's pretty cool that your car screen will tell you where they are, if that screen doesn't malfunction like has been reported in many cases.

And just like a Tesla, I have no desire to carry or pay for a mobile phone, as I prefer not to be some high tech zombie geek, so if I run out of charge with my malfunctioning screen in the middle of nowhere, I guess I'm shit out of luck.

One more reason to add why I am out on this piece of shit.

And you'd do better off praising this thing in the other thread, but I see there are others raining on your parade there.

Keep bumping this one if you like as each time you do, someone else votes in the poll and I can't wait to see the results.

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

So you're okay with using a large computer that connects to the Internet that you pay for, but you don't want to use a smaller computer that connects to the Internet that you pay for. Got it.

Who said anything about paying for internet? Or large computer for that matter? When I am at work, internet is free for me.

And at home where I am now, I have a ten year old Mac Mini which isn't very big at all. Internet is $25 a month which is much cheaper than the $100 or so a month to run a smart phone which would be redundant on top of that, beside the cost of the thing. I am also ready to disconnect home internet, because it's really just a waste of time sitting here debating this kind of shit with people like you when I could do it while at work for free and get paid for it if I was so inclined.

Plus when I'm out I don't have to carry around that stupid device and show the world that I am just another idiot slave to it, which I really don't care about, but when I see others doing it I know I don't want that to be me.

But keep on assuming what you like and defending your car until the end, and we may find out who the real ass is, you or me.

I've had maybe 100s of cars before, but have never felt the need to defend any of what I drive like it is a family member or anything like that, but of course when i buy something, I try to do it with good taste.

Quoted from Brijam:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Issac Asimov

And tell me again how I am ignorant for not wanting to jump on the bandwagon and use my hard earned money to buy something I have absolutely no desire to own or use for just because somebody else is trying to force their opinion down my throat.

Ignorance, yes it must be pure ignorance on my part.

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Your mac mini. Is it larger than a smartphone?

Yes. But I like it because even to this day, the battery has never gone dead, and it has always worked right when I turn it on.

Quoted from Brijam:

Get paid for posting on Pinside? How does your employer feel about that?

Anything to keep me showing up.

Quoted from Brijam:

That is a hell of a lot of cars. Here I thought you had a 20 year old Toyota Tacoma that you'd owned for a long time. Are you a car dealer or something?

Was an auto tech for 30 years. Buying, fixing, and selling cars was part of it.

Of course with those cars I was able to easily source parts.

Quoted from Brijam:

I'm correcting misinformation and pointing out logical fallacies.

I guess I'm doing the same thing with all your ASSumptions.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

But according to the die hard fanboys....stability isn't needed at the helm of Tesla.

Sure, who cares if their stock is one of the only ones dropping while the market is hitting an all time high. Who needs investors like that, with all the pre-orders for the car.

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

I find it pretty hard to believe that your employer would gladly pay you to surf Pinside and not do your job.

Again you are ASSuming something you know nothing about. He pays me to be here, do my job, and whatever else it takes to keep me here. He knows all about it and has his own ways of passing the time while he is here instead of me.

Would I rather be doing something else than explaining to you details about every comment I make? Perhaps, but it is passing the time so what the heck.

What I do know is if you are a typical example of a Tesla owner, then I am really glad to not be a part of that club.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

How do you feel about all the computerization of cars? My grandpa was a master mechanic and hated computers going into cars because he couldn't fix them.

It was a good money maker as it caused problems that were never there before. Sometimes right after the car rolled off the showroom floor. I was all over fixing those shitboxes. Didn't take a genius to work on them, although it probably helped. I don't fix them anymore, but from what I understand, it is still an issue today with some car companies more than others

#259 5 years ago

joe_friday (resized).jpgjoe_friday (resized).jpg

Opinions not welcome. Or they might be misconstrued as being stated as fact.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If you want to discuss the facts -- presumably you meant the facts about Tesla Model 3, not the facts about o-din -- then why are you derailing the conversation with complaints about his debate technique? If he's hiding behind willful ignorance as you say, that should be plain enough to the neutral reader without condescending comments from you and Isaac Asimov.

[EDIT: Looking back, you're also off in the weeds about his cell phone plan and his boss's liberal internet usage policies -- what does any of that have to do with the Tesla Model 3?]

2gtn5i (resized).jpg2gtn5i (resized).jpg
    #263 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:There will be a day Odin when you will come over from the Darkside and enjoy the many benefits of EV's

I already did back in the 90s with my Super Blackfoot remote controlled car. But that was from a company called Tamiya that I had a long history with going back to my childhood when I built a fully detailed model of a Tiger I tank. So I had faith in them and trusted them and the end product was something I had lots of fun with.

But yes, change is on the horizon, and it is only a matter of time before the big three catch up with Tesla and start implementing all the great features you can't get in a regular car.

tucker-movie-1-nw (resized).jpgtucker-movie-1-nw (resized).jpg
    #268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

It really shouldn't be hard to distinguish opinion from fact, but apparently many people cannot.

http://www.journalism.org/2018/06/18/distinguishing-between-factual-and-opinion-statements-in-the-news/

No it shouldn't. When you pull out a quote of mine where I started the statement with the words "I'm guessing" as that I am stating fact. And then go calling me ignorant for doing so.

And then go make your own assumptions about my situation at work that you know nothing about.

I suppose in the world you live in, you bend and distort everything to your liking to somehow prove you are more intelligent and superior to those that don't agree with you.

#269 5 years ago

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Maybe in your own mind you already think you are more intelligent and superior to all those around you. And bending and distorting things and berating those with different points of view is your way of trying to convince others how superior and intelligent you are.

All I can say is GLWT!

#271 5 years ago

bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpgbg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg
    Meanwhile "All of the above" is leading in the poll.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Honest question here....what happens if you do run out of "fuel". In an ICE car I can walk to a gas station, flag someone down, etc. If an EV goes dead on a country road are there mobile charging service vehicles? Is it still a 12v system that can be charged from another vehicle? Or is a tow necessary?

16 hours later and since the so called experts on this vehicle obviously had more important things to discuss, I did a little research of my own. Now I'm not going to say "I'm guessing" and go thru that again, but all roads and many statements on many websites seem to point to this.

tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpgtesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    #285 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Didn't the very next post answer the gentleman's question?

No. I'm not seeing it unless you are talking about some embedded video that I didn't watch. He asked a simple question, and that deserved a simple answer.

Not many are going to watch any propaganda or other vids in this thread posted by those that have done their best to ruin the spirit of this thread and dance thru it like it's their own personal playground.

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Still you persist in more personal attacks and and willful ignorance.

You can't even see that you are the one that has been personally attacking me can you?

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Someday people will understand my sense of humor.

"Moderated", and let someone else tell the jokes.

#297 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

He's got some legitimate points about the car

How about some of the other owners $50,000+ buying experiences?

"I have written to Tesla on at least two occasions and have not received a reply to either communications. I've had similar results in trying to communicate with their store. Calls are not returned. On one occasion when I did get a live person and asked to speak to a manager, I was told that they don't have managers."

"Tesla has a website that you can log your complaints and get a reply within 48 hours. I logged on several weeks ago and have not heard a word back."

"My Tesla S100 one month new - rear camera malfunctioning. Bought this toy for $125K, already had issues with Rear Camera blackout just I was in reverse mode and hit a pole while backing for charging. Pre-delivery issues with paint blemish on door and lower panel misaligned. Took it to Tesla Service Center at Dublin as per appointment for body shop. Tesla provide me a loaner but will not give me estimated time I will get my brand new car back. I called them and was told that it may take one week to one month. WTF."

"When my Tesla was rear-ended in March, I had to buy another Model S from their in-stock inventory, and it was delivered in May. Immediately after delivery, I found 4 problems with the car. I took the car back to service 3 times in the past 2 months, and the 4 problems still exists"

"I don't know who to talk to about the fact that I purchased a new Model 3 Tesla and the day after I brought it home a light came on saying it needed servicing. I took it in and they said it needed windshield washer service and also it was showing miles on the odometer. It was at 0 when I picked it up. It has been two weeks now and my brand new car has been sitting out in the heat. They also disabled my phone app to the car. No word on when I'll get it. I really think I should just get a different new car. The new car smell has probably baked right out of it by now!"

"Again our X broke down. As solution a S is offered. What I am supposed to do? Leave our fourth child at home? Even after complaining we have to do it with the S. The S does not carry 6 persons! I am so done with Tesla, NEVER again."
    My Tesla accelerated while parking and hit a handicap pole. Tesla would not release the black box which contains pertinent information to me nor to the insurance company. My Tesla is still at Amatos, its authorized body shop. This is going to be 4th months in the shop, still waiting for parts. My impression with Tesla is once the buyer takes possession of the car the company would not do anything to help!"

"we were having problems with the car from a strange rattling sound emanating from the vehicle and the sound of wind as we drove suggesting the doors weren’t properly screwed on. We obviously were disappointed that we were having problems from the get-go on a brand new very expensive car but it shouldn’t be a surprise given the reviews I’m now reading online and my friend’s own disastrous experience with the Model X (steering problems, inability to turn the vehicle on and gullwing door malfunction to name a few)."

"I placed a $1,000 deposit on a Tesla Model 3 in 2017. In February of 2018, I cancelled the deposit online. When I received nothing, I emailed Tesla and have traded emails for the last month. The agent is sympathetic, says it will take a while, but still no refund after a month."

Tip of the iceberg. Many more where this came from.

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Dying in a lithium fire from a head-on collision is not cool, nor green.

Can you say "flamethrower"and "explode"?

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/video-tesla-bursting-flames-raises-concerns-55970923

#302 5 years ago

"In 2016 my Tesla Model S delivered with paint defect (front hood), missing side panel, only the latter was addressed at delivery but the former requires full repainting of hood. Noted in delivery but was asked for accept delivery as-is. During 2017, multiple door seams started coming off from the sides and had to be repaired in the shop. While it was being repaired as part of the first annual service, service center staff damaged front side door leather panel (scratched and cut) and left dried glue on the back body."

"Bought in May 2017 --- in shop for creaky motors, trunk does not open properly, creaks when braking. It was in the shop for all these reasons just a couple of months after purchase. When it came back, the trunk still did not open properly, the creaking lessened to a loud wheeze and then a new problem - the sensors in the doors are not ready for market - they are not smart - just robotic - so if I had something blocking me in spot A today, it resisters spot A as someplace it won't open -- stupid application of what was originally a smart idea. The manual override works but not all the time. The creaky motor and the rest of the experiment that is Model X made me wonder if I had bought a LEMON for all of $125 K. I realized we had when I had my first experience of what is known as "Sudden Unintended Acceleration" as I was slowing to a halt very nonchalantly at a signal."

"So drive it for 300 miles and noticed the passenger front door and back passenger door did not line up. Then the passenger door behind the driver side the door handle stayed in unlock position while in the drive mode. Kept on hearing a grinding noise. Noticed the door handle was popped open. When placed in park, the door just pops open. It happened like this more than once. Then water moisture built up between the two doors. I called service and no one responded until a week past. Then it was too late and drove it to where I bought the car. No service manager or store manager on duty. Dropped off my car and they called me in a day that the car was ready. Not happy with car. Still have to pick it up and inspect it."

"Tesla has the worst customer service I have ever experienced when it comes to cars. The few Tesla stores they have in Atlanta or its suburbs is only about selling their car but little help thereafter. Incompetent roadside service for emergency. The car does not even give the projected miles. It only gives 60 or at best 75 percent of the projected miles."

"Purchased the Model X at the end of last year. Was a mistake getting the car, because the autopilot is a hazard to all drivers on the road, not just Tesla drivers. It has swerved in and out of lanes for no reason, slowed down abruptly for no reason, can't drive in a straight path on a straight road which causes car/motion sickness even for the driver, and the damn doors just don't operate properly."

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Much like politics, "Passionate" people on either side of the Tesla topic are just the goddamn worst.

When one side gets overly enthusiastic and starts spamming a pinball site with their propaganda and try to shut down any opposing view, it is up to the others to try to add some balance and help put out the fire so to speak.

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, it isn't.
    You just get as worked up as they do and get tunnel vision which turns into pointless stupid jabs at each other, drifting deeper into nonsensical examples until you end up correcting grammer or spelling or some stupid shit like that.

The only passion I have about it now is getting these fanboys to shut up. It's beyond ridiculous. It reminds me of the "Go Patriots!!" bullshit.

They decided to kick me out of the other thread and permanently eject me from the entire sub-forum for way less than the shit that some are posting in this thread.

And indeed it's gotten way out of hand. These people are doing the most to make me think the entire Tesla thing is a joke.

What if there was a fanboy thread for every different car model on this website? Oh, it could happen, but wouldn't that be silly?

#316 5 years ago
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    #318 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Never see Teslas on the road.

I was thinking the same thing until I actually saw one on the road this morning. But I had to take a second look because at first glance it looked like just another Accord or Camry.

Whoever was driving was not taking advantage of that 0-60 takeoff. In fact, it looked like it might have had some acceleration problem. I see Priuses move off the line faster than that thing did.

#322 5 years ago
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    #330 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Notice the guys pissing and moaning don't actually own one? They just lap up the Internet and act like experts.
    The reality is I can shame any manufacturer digging up posts of unhappy customers. It comes with any high volume product. People go online to bitch.
    In my area Tesla is EVERYWHERE_. Yah I live in silicon valley and drive by the factory every weekday. In our area everyone is extremely happy with their Tesla's. The parking lot is flooded with them. Chargers are everywhere.
    I own a Porsche Macan GTS. I take it to Porsche for service, and they rape the shit out of me for basic service. The prices they charge me are criminal. Porsche makes it VERY hard to get third party service on purpose because they make huge profit on the service center.
    Anyway, I just bought the wife (and myself), a 2018 P100D ModelX. It just can't be beat for driving around in NorCal. And extreme fun off the line with 0-60 in 2.8s in a SUV. Is the build quality as good as my Macan? NOPE. But it's very nice. Their tech BLOWs away what porsche is doing. And I appreciate that.
    Is Tesla in financial trouble? Looks like it. Huge investments into Model 3, and late shipments. But now I'm looking out in the parking lot, and I kid you not, I see over 30 Model 3's out there.
    Anyway - the Internet phenomenon. Guys that want to hate, can find the fuel to hate them. Pick your brand. Go find all the angry messages online. Use it as proof. Shake and repeat.

Notice how the owners and buyers and other fanboys of this car are the only ones on this internet forum that needed a whole thread to brag about the car they purchased, but are now spewing this kind of chatter on the one for opposing points of view as well?

Most people buy a car and drive it, without the need to stick out their chests or put up their peacock feathers in a "look what I've got and you don't " attitude.

Most people that is.

#333 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Let's talk doomsday scenario....what happens if Tesla closes its doors. Today, or 5 years from now? It can happen, as the history of automobiles is littered with failed manufacturers, some bigger than Tesla. Who controls the information 'cloud' where all the nice tech for Tesla resides? What happens to the long term viability? I can still drive an Edsel, Delorean, Pontiac, Plymouth, Mercury (still drive one), Saab, Oldsmobile, and the list goes on.....Can you drive a Tesla if the Tesla info hub goes away?

If they won't sell you parts for them now, do you think they will after they go out of business?

It's like the node board scenario, but worse.

#335 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

What's not fine IMHO is the state of the business. I believe Tesla has too much debt coming due, and a lot of it is convertible bonds that require cash if Telsa stock isn't above a certain number. That's why Elon is so worried about shorts, that's why a lot of the top executive team has left.

That's been mentioned and a couple options in the poll address that. Big issue for sure. This thread may not have even been started if it looked like a solid, sound company with someone of sound mind running it.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Notice the guys pissing and moaning don't actually own one?

I know I already quoted you, but I'm guessing you didn't actually read this thread but just stopped by because you had to put your two cents in.

Is it OK if somebody that used to own one or was thinking of owning one comments here?

Quoted from NJGecko:

I sold my 2017 Audi A4 for a 2016 Model S. I was so excited. Got it, and thought it was so cool. In my mind, I had a charger at the garage where I park daily, I live near a supercharger, and my car had an estimated 250 mile range. So I figured I could charge weekly (30 mile round trip), and never have to pay a dime.
    The reality hit hard. The battery performance was heavily influenced by weather. In the dead of winter I was charging every two days. The nav system wasn't nearly as accurate as my Audi or even my phone. You couldn't add stopovers. No carplay or android auto, and my audiobooks never had the correct cover art. No blind spot sensors. Software updates were great, but they would seemingly randomly add or change features you'd have to find out on your own, and occasionally break things.
    Don't get me wrong, it was a head turner, and fast as hell. But for me to spend almost $70k on a USED car that didn't have basic things that my Audi has...well I got rid of it after 6 months.

Quoted from rai:

I had model 3 on order but was still one year away, plus I didn’t like the looks especially the interior without any instruments like the S and every other car has. Plus l drove a S and while fast in a straight line, very removed from the personal interaction with the car.
    Received my refund but took Tesla 2 months to send it, no communication from them until I sent several messages.
    Eventually got a BRZ tS which is not a competitor to the 3 but it’s just my personal car so it’s all I need. I was a S2000 owner and missed that car since I sold it, BRZ reminds me a lot of a hardtop S2K with more room inside, more features and a radio I can hear.
    I really prefer the feel and involvement of a manual transmission and BRZ lightweight and fun to drive.
    EV might be the future but I’m getting the MT gas power car while they still make them.

#340 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I only see one “Peakcock” in this thread.

And there you have it.

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
    #344 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What’s your monthly spend on gas?

I put about $50 a month in my Tacoma and it's been paid off for ten years.

All this green talk's got me thinking that maybe I could not only help the environment, but also improve my image by trading it in on one of these Muskrockets.

I'm not sure, but I think they've got one of those zapping stations behind the Costco where I get my gas anyway. And it's not like I do go very far .
    Seeing that one creeping up the same road I drive to work today really got me enthused.

How much ya all think Tesla will give me in trade for a good running 2001 V-6 Pre-Runner with the big cab?

#346 5 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Passed on the Model 3. I hope they make a real sporty car one day!!! I’ll stick with my Challengers for now.

Do you need a reliable pickup truck?

#356 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Keeps getting rave Reviews like this. Sales will go ballistic.

What a goofball that dude is.

#358 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Why don't you ask him yourself odin if your that interested?

No, I'm good. Just another reason I don't want to be any part of this clan.

And don't you guys have another thread to post this kind of propaganda in with like minded people?

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

No offense, but that model 3 is fugly.

Fits the owner though.

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Since the price point is $78K for performance, the general consensus will need to be its high quality.

I believe the general consensus of this thread and the included poll is no money should be given to them.

But there certainly are a lot of people with more money than brains in this world.

#368 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What would the Internet be without the toxic people?

If you are not out on the product and had bothered to read the first post, one post from you with a simple "no" and maybe a quick explanation would have been fine.

But to continually crap on this thread and the op of it shows you are only here to stir the pot and the option is always there for you to just move along, or even drain it if you so desire.

But to keep on posting in it shows you probably have other ulterior motives.

#370 5 years ago

I had dinner with the family tonite and asked my older brother, as he is up on things and the car world what he thought of Tesla. He said he had one for a few months. Not being overly negative he said the culture revolves around recharging. As it takes an hour or so, you find something to do while your car is recharging like going to get dinner and in some cases owners gather there and bond. Now he is back to driving a Porsche.

For a guy like me that can hardly wait while some defect can't get the same gas pump he has used at least 500 times to work, I'm not sure I'd have the patience to build a campfire and roast marshmallows while refueling.

#382 5 years ago

Yes, reliability is a big factor determining what kind of vehicle I will buy or own, and also as an experienced master auto technician of over 30 years, what I will recommened to others that might ask me.

Which is why I have considered starting another thread-

"Who is in on Toyota Tacoma?"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-out-on-tesla-model-3-?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.