Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 8 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 12 votes
      18%
    • All of the above 37 votes
      57%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minusworlds.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The constant braying of fan boys and sycophants is being drowned out by the Ambient sleep-deprived voice of the CEO. I liken Tesla Co. to an iceberg, a little exposed at the top with the greatest dangers hidden. My concern is somehow the American taxpayer will be saddled with the enormous good money after bad bailout when it finally goes off the rails.
    Like any flash in the pan concept not ready for prime time it is now not a question of if,but when the implosion occurs. Everything the Saudis touch turns fecal-laden, Tesla will merely reinforce this proven fact. A modern day Jack Welch or Lee Iaccoca could save it, sadly American Industrialist of their caliber are in short supply, what we have left is failed rock stars like Musk.

That’s really odd because as I recall a whole lot of American muscle had to be bailed out not that long ago.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I don't think Ford took any of that money.

You may want to check again. They didn’t take TARP money. They took TALF money. Billions upon billions in fact.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Car sales were only 30% of new US passenger vehicle sales in 2017 and the percentage is shrinking each year from several years ago. SUVs and trucks are dominating the market. Tesla would be smart to make their next big release be a medium sized SUV.
    https://autoweek.com/article/car-news/light-trucks-are-killing-car-sales

I wouldn’t really consider the X a large SUV. Sure it can fit 7 but that’s more to do with not having a transmission etc. My LX is quite a bit larger than the X.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

From the pictures I have seen, the X does not really look like an SUV and appears smaller in cargo room. The price is the real problem. Tesla needs a midsize SUV for less than $60k to take sales away from that booming market.

Yeah that’s def a valid point. The price point of the X is ridic.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Quit quoting fuzzy math numbers, that data goes back to 1992 and includes tax rebates, incentives, and other promised monies. Unless you consider your tax refund govt assistance that is. Let’s not lump oranges in the apple cart here.

But FORD has taken government money. They took TALF money, not TARP. TARP is referred to as "bailout" money. Semantics as far as I am concerned.

Talk about fuzzy math...

If you want to just go back to the latest recession, Ford's number is still at least $6b in government "help". That's not inconsequential. This was at the same time Ford was publicly marketing and touting themselves as not taking 'bailout" money while they privately helped lead the charge for the car manufacturers that did. It doesn't even bother me that they did. American car manufacturing is vital to American business and our economy, but let's not pretend Ford is exempt from criticism.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What I know is electricity is generated in a large part in nuclear and coal power plants , and not sure I see much green about those.
    What I do see as green is driving as little as possible and getting the most use out of an older vehicle before considering buying a new one of any kind.
    [quoted image]

Yes because older vehicles tend to have cleaner emissions, burn less fuel and never need maintenance.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yeah, Teslas just need $9k batteries from time to time. Sure the batteries will go down in price and the Teslas ten years from now will be a much better vehicle, making the 2018 model look like a dinosaur. So buy the $49K vehicle, it's a great investment.

Did I ever take a stance on Tesla one way or another? Oh that’s right, I didn’t. Obvi both types of vehicles have their pros and cons. But to make the argument that driving older vehicles is somehow greener is laughable.

Oh. Btw, as I’ve said twice...Ford has taken government money. What, no comment from you on that?

Interesting.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

One thing for sure, driving a well-maintained older car is a win for the environment over junking that car that still has good life in it and buying another new car made from tons of new raw materials. The gas mileage should not decrease much if a car is maintained and emissions tested.
    I take some pride in keeping my cars longer than most people and actually fixing them myself when I can. I also try to be sensible about what is worth fixing financially as well as what is worth paying someone to fix when it is burdensome or physically taxing to my bad back.

Can you define an old car? Meaning, at what point are people junking cars? Because there is a used car market. A big one.

IMO nobody “junks” cars with good life left in them. They trade them in or sell them. So not sure how that has any impact on the environment.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Around 13 years and older and hardly anybody wants them anymore. The dealers say they want them but what they really want is for you to trade in for a new car so they can give you the lowest trade-in value for your perfectly good old car. The dealer then sells the car to an auction company. I will probably keep my wife's 2005 Rav4 until it is about 20 years old as an extra vehicle. Parents don't even seem to want older cars for their kids anymore which is totally different from the way it was when I grew up. People in the suburbs coddle their kids so much they get them a car that is practically new these days.

I live in the city. Discipline my kids. Drive a 10 year old car. I guess I’m cool!

RAV4 is a great car.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That is very refreshing to hear that you don't need some shiny new box just to impress nobody but yourself. Because nobody else will really be impressed. Now we are getting somewhere!

It’s a 10 year old Tesla Roadster...

I kid

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If that's what you want, there are a few with low miles on them. Most much less than they were new.
    Can't tell what happened to the high milage ones though. Don't see any for sale.
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Tesla/Roadster

Nah was never really a fan of that car.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minusworlds.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-out-on-tesla-model-3-?tu=minusworlds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.