Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 8 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 12 votes
      18%
    • All of the above 37 votes
      57%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 5 years ago

I just don't see the future for electric cars or Tesla for that matter. It's tough for any auto manufacturer to compete especially niche ones. I like the high tech stuff but a car needs to be practical and multi purpose. I just don't ever see the average busy family buying eletric. Not only are they expensive but they have limitations. It would be a nightmare to run out of charge in middle of a hot day with a car full of little kids. Gas cars now days simply work, take few minutes to fill tank, and are reliable for 200,000 miles. I see a lot of Tesla cars on the road so they must work for some but nobody I know.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

In 10 to 15 years electirc cars will be appreciably less expensive to produce and run than internal combusion engine cars (fewer components, easier to assemble), they are already generally more reliable (see previous, less stuff to go wrong) and batteries and charging infrastructure is improving by leaps and bounds, much faster than say internal combusion engine tech is currently evolving.
    A lot of the these points are currently true in many comparisons, it will just get more and more lopsided in favor of electirc vehicles as time goes on.
    If you think everybody will be rolling around in massive gas guzzlers in 2040, you would be as correct as the people in 1978 thinking digital pinball games would never supplant EM`s.
    There, finally a pinball comparison in a cargument

I just don't believe all technology advancement is exponential. People in the 1950's thought we would all be in flying cars long before now and be flying around the galaxy in spaceships. We went to the moon in the 1960's and look at where space exploration is today. Things improve to a point but there are always limitations and costs. Vehicle costs have gone up and people expect more from them. People drive "massive gas guzzlers" today because that is the kind of car they want/need. Internal combustion engines are not going away. They are very efficient, reliable, and there is an entire huge industry to support them. Electric cars would have to be pretty incredible to ever change that industry and buying habits of all types of people. Just don't see that happening in my lifetime.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-out-on-tesla-model-3-?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.