1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by DruTheFu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 7 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 10 votes
      17%
    • All of the above 35 votes
      58%

(60 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 1 year ago

I’m out on the Tesla 3, my 2002 Honda Civic has some life left in her still and there are plenty of other things to waste money on.

That said, I do love my electric lawn mower. Weighs less than a gas job, and it never stalls, floods, or runs out of gas.

#184 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

How often have you replaced or had the battery pack(s) rebuilt? My son works at a Batteries Plus. A neighbor has a nice battery powered lawn mower. She has him rebuild the packs. He's rebuilt the set a 2nd time in four years.

I'm like the other fools in this thread, corded mower and loving it! The cord has its annoyances but is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and after years f#*king around with gas mowers as a kid, I'm very happy to just plug 'er in, hit the power button, and start mowing. I'm not a masochist, if I had a huge lawn I'd get a rider-mower. But the plug-in is perfect for small to mid-sized.

#230 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lucky. Now will you go back to your happy thread and stay there? Obviously you made a wrong turn.
    [quoted image]

Speaking of wrong turns, how are you missing out on the Munsters thread? Or were you preemptively booted?

#255 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

The problem is, your responses are textbook 'don't make these mistakes when trying to debate.'
    The biggest thing you do is to use personal attacks like you just did there calling me an ASS, which also violates rule #1 on the board here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
    Do you think you can stop that and just be civil?

To be fair, you did just call him an ignoramus. Or is that permissible under Robert's Rules of Order so long as you let Isaac Asimov deliver the insult for you?

#260 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Willfully ignorant, to be specific. Honestly it wasn't meant as an insult, more as a friendly wake up call.
    I don't think we should let people get away with being willfully ignorant. Opinions, sure, believe what you want. But if a person is presented with facts that refute a claim, and they choose to ignore that and don't present facts to back up their assertion, that's willfully being ignorant. It needs to be called out. It's time to start drawing a line, people.
    Or is that kind of behavior okay now?

If you want to discuss the facts -- presumably you meant the facts about Tesla Model 3, not the facts about o-din -- then why are you derailing the conversation with complaints about his debate technique? If he's hiding behind willful ignorance as you say, that should be plain enough to the neutral reader without condescending comments from you and Isaac Asimov.

[EDIT: Looking back, you're also off in the weeds about his cell phone plan and his boss's liberal internet usage policies -- what does any of that have to do with the Tesla Model 3?]

#290 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Hello there, 'stay on topic policeman.' I admit to the error of my ways and hereby confess to derailing the topic on multiple occasions.

Top o' the morning, 'Captain Supercilious.'

Quoted from o-din:

You can't even see that you are the one that has been personally attacking me can you?

You're being trolled, brother. He's got some legitimate points about the car yet he can't help but make it personal. On the up side, he's clearly winning the internet. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

1 week later
    #384 1 year ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I see contractors' vans (who they sub the work out to) parked in this neighbourhood often, working on Teslas that have broken down. Only spoke to one of the engineers, but he said they often wake up dead or with major systems dead, rather than developing serious faults out on the road.

The boys in marketing can work with this one -- "Safety First - Dies in the Garage, Not on the Highway"

#394 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I am interested that there is a whole thread dedicated to people who supposedly aren't interested in Tesla badmouthing Tesla because... ???

o-din wanted to talk Tesla and they kicked him out of the other thread, so he started his own. I think that about sums it up!

#426 1 year ago
    Quoted from JosiahCox:

For fuck sakes, let your janitor smoke some weed. Chill out. He isn’t hurting anybody.

83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    #430 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

FFS, these are not my rules. This is how large corporations operate. Especially publicly traded ones.
    If I have to live by these rules, others working in the same environment need to. From the loveliest technician to the Chairman of the Board.

Some companies still do drug testing, especially for employees that operate heavy equipment or the like. But I doubt most Fortune 500 companies would fire you if you posted a picture of yourself smoking weed in your free time.

The actual issue here is that if you’re a CEO of a major corporation who has been behaving erratically in recent weeks and your Board is expressing concerns about your drug use (Ambien), letting yourself be recorded smoking a giant joint seems like yet more erratic behavior. Yeah, if you watch the tape he says it’s not something he does much, but as a CEO you don’t have the luxury or saying “watch the whole tape,” you have to think about public perception. Or not, I guess, but at the risk of your stock price and potentially your job.

Would this matter on its own? No. As one piece of evidence in a growing narrative that Musk is behaving erratically and is out touch with the realities of his situation? Yes. Whether or not that narrative is correct, he should be aware of it because it will absolutely affect his business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 41.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 132.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside