Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 8 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 12 votes
      18%
    • All of the above 37 votes
      57%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just wait until EVs really get sold a lot and you poor guys are in a line of 5 or 6 cars waiting for your "fast" charger, 30 minutes a piece.

Maybe but they have scaled the chargers up really well over time. A lot of the locations started with four and have sixteen now.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Also the "green" aspect does not apply to a Tesla.

Yes it does. The carbon break even versus an older car is substantially less than 100,000 miles, then it’s a net gain. It’s a net gain immediately versus a new car. Check back a few posts for the source.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Why in the hell would they make cars that go so fast from 0-60 ?

Because it’s insanely fun.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

That is just so much waisted energy.

I think you mean wasted. Waisted energy would be what you get from hula hooping.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

What Tesla makes is a fun and fast car that is hiding the fact that you will become the slave of it, calculating every long drive and putting in a connector every time you park it.

You don’t have to charge it every time you park it, nor do you have to calculate long drives. The car does it for you. Just like it unlocks itself when you walk up to it.

I’d much rather spend two seconds plugging in my car in my garage every night than sitting in line and breathing gasoline fumes at a gas station.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Here in Europe we do not have that many chargers yet and even a charger every 150 miles in USA does seem far apart.

No, there is excellent supercharger coverage in Europe. Their network has great coverage there.

#302 5 years ago

"In 2016 my Tesla Model S delivered with paint defect (front hood), missing side panel, only the latter was addressed at delivery but the former requires full repainting of hood. Noted in delivery but was asked for accept delivery as-is. During 2017, multiple door seams started coming off from the sides and had to be repaired in the shop. While it was being repaired as part of the first annual service, service center staff damaged front side door leather panel (scratched and cut) and left dried glue on the back body."

"Bought in May 2017 --- in shop for creaky motors, trunk does not open properly, creaks when braking. It was in the shop for all these reasons just a couple of months after purchase. When it came back, the trunk still did not open properly, the creaking lessened to a loud wheeze and then a new problem - the sensors in the doors are not ready for market - they are not smart - just robotic - so if I had something blocking me in spot A today, it resisters spot A as someplace it won't open -- stupid application of what was originally a smart idea. The manual override works but not all the time. The creaky motor and the rest of the experiment that is Model X made me wonder if I had bought a LEMON for all of $125 K. I realized we had when I had my first experience of what is known as "Sudden Unintended Acceleration" as I was slowing to a halt very nonchalantly at a signal."

"So drive it for 300 miles and noticed the passenger front door and back passenger door did not line up. Then the passenger door behind the driver side the door handle stayed in unlock position while in the drive mode. Kept on hearing a grinding noise. Noticed the door handle was popped open. When placed in park, the door just pops open. It happened like this more than once. Then water moisture built up between the two doors. I called service and no one responded until a week past. Then it was too late and drove it to where I bought the car. No service manager or store manager on duty. Dropped off my car and they called me in a day that the car was ready. Not happy with car. Still have to pick it up and inspect it."

"Tesla has the worst customer service I have ever experienced when it comes to cars. The few Tesla stores they have in Atlanta or its suburbs is only about selling their car but little help thereafter. Incompetent roadside service for emergency. The car does not even give the projected miles. It only gives 60 or at best 75 percent of the projected miles."

"Purchased the Model X at the end of last year. Was a mistake getting the car, because the autopilot is a hazard to all drivers on the road, not just Tesla drivers. It has swerved in and out of lanes for no reason, slowed down abruptly for no reason, can't drive in a straight path on a straight road which causes car/motion sickness even for the driver, and the damn doors just don't operate properly."

#304 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Dying in a lithium fire from a head-on collision is not cool, nor green.

Dying in a gasoline fire is much better?

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

So that's what the cockpit of a luxury car looks like these days?

Did you know that what the car manufacturers (not only Tesla, but they take it to another level) are selling us as luxury and modern is in fact a very big cost saver for them ?

I mean the touchscreens they use. It is way more expensive to put in all the knobs with the wiring and the power to illuminate it and everything that it needs to function, than to program it on a touchscreen that only needs a data connection and power.

I for one dislike touchscreens in cars and think they should be illegal (in cars). Everything you need to adjust in the car you need to look very carefully on the screen where you press and most of the time you also need to activate the needed function first. With knobs most people just can glance to where the knob is and then press it without looking to long at it, or adjust a slider without looking.

#306 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Replacing a car's gauge cluster and physical controls in favor an over-complicated Ipad that takes your eyes completely off the road might be the dumbest idea I've ever seen.

Any form of distracted driving is bad - that includes removing your hand from the wheel to make an adjustment even without looking. It’s dangerous and should not be done at any time while the car is moving.

Much of the car’s functions can be controlled on the wheel. Much safer.

I sat in a Model 3 for the first time last week and was really impressed at how easy everything was. I thought it would be complicated and annoying but it was way easier to use than my Model S. They did a great job on it.

#307 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Maybe but they have scaled the chargers up really well over time. A lot of the locations started with four and have sixteen now.

Yes it does. The carbon break even versus an older car is substantially less than 100,000 miles, then it’s a net gain. It’s a net gain immediately versus a new car. Check back a few posts for the source.

Because it’s insanely fun.

I think you mean wasted. Waisted energy would be what you get from hula hooping.

You don’t have to charge it every time you park it, nor do you have to calculate long drives. The car does it for you. Just like it unlocks itself when you walk up to it.
    I’d much rather spend two seconds plugging in my car in my garage every night than sitting in line and breathing gasoline fumes at a gas station.

No, there is excellent supercharger coverage in Europe. Their network has great coverage there.

I knew you would react to my posting, because you are the guy that when Elon Musk poops you think it smells like roses.

Even you react on a typo. Sad.

#308 5 years ago

Much like politics, "Passionate" people on either side of the Tesla topic are just the goddamn worst.

#310 5 years ago

It can also save lives too:

#311 5 years ago

My wife drives our Model X....she likes it.
    I drive our Model 3, I like it.

That is all that matters to us, because all the fanboys and and flamers are entitled to their own opinions. We bought them, we drive them and have real world experience with them. Sega vs Nintendo, Playstation vs X-Box, Stern vs JJP, Android vs Apple, EV vs ICE, Tesla vs Established automakers.....I guess it's just something to talk about and debate.

Two threads dedicated to Tesla on a pinball site is......ummm

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Much like politics, "Passionate" people on either side of the Tesla topic are just the goddamn worst.

When one side gets overly enthusiastic and starts spamming a pinball site with their propaganda and try to shut down any opposing view, it is up to the others to try to add some balance and help put out the fire so to speak.

#313 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

...it is up to the others to try to add some balance and help put out the fire so to speak.

No, it isn't.
    You just get as worked up as they do and get tunnel vision which turns into pointless stupid jabs at each other, drifting deeper into nonsensical examples until you end up correcting grammer or spelling or some stupid shit like that.

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, it isn't.
    You just get as worked up as they do and get tunnel vision which turns into pointless stupid jabs at each other, drifting deeper into nonsensical examples until you end up correcting grammer or spelling or some stupid shit like that.

The only passion I have about it now is getting these fanboys to shut up. It's beyond ridiculous. It reminds me of the "Go Patriots!!" bullshit.

They decided to kick me out of the other thread and permanently eject me from the entire sub-forum for way less than the shit that some are posting in this thread.

And indeed it's gotten way out of hand. These people are doing the most to make me think the entire Tesla thing is a joke.

What if there was a fanboy thread for every different car model on this website? Oh, it could happen, but wouldn't that be silly?

#315 5 years ago

Go Patriots!

#316 5 years ago
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    #317 5 years ago

Never see Teslas on the road. Is it a second vehicle for most with a real car for practical use? Such as driving without worrying about a limited range.

#318 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Never see Teslas on the road.

I was thinking the same thing until I actually saw one on the road this morning. But I had to take a second look because at first glance it looked like just another Accord or Camry.

Whoever was driving was not taking advantage of that 0-60 takeoff. In fact, it looked like it might have had some acceleration problem. I see Priuses move off the line faster than that thing did.

#319 5 years ago

What are my options if I suddenly decide I want to drive up to Fayetteville South Carolina and the $50K Tesla is the only vehicle in the driveway?

#320 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

What are my options if I suddenly decide I want to drive up to Fayetteville South Carolina and the $50K Tesla is the only vehicle in the driveway?

Fayetteville is in NC...also one in Georgia, but not SC.

#321 5 years ago

Oops, true scenario about a year ago. Thankfully, no Tesla was in the driveway.

#322 5 years ago
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    #323 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Your options are hop in the Model 3 and go! If you have one in the driveway. Sounds like a nice drive. Cost of drive in Model 3 Zero dollars.

#324 5 years ago

Zero dollars, I like that one. Who's paying for the charge and is it's range 800 miles? When I check into a hotel, I'm not expecting them to have a charging port and I'm sure it wouldn't be free.

#325 5 years ago

Supercharging is free for life with the Performance Model 3. I would charge at Tesla Superchargers. They are everywhere on that route.

#326 5 years ago

Oh by the way Eustis FL to Fayetteville NC is 518 miles not 800 miles. You maybe should use a faster route.

#327 5 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

My wife drives our Model X....she likes it.
    I drive our Model 3, I like it.

That is all that matters to us, because all the fanboys and and flamers are entitled to their own opinions. We bought them, we drive them and have real world experience with them. Sega vs Nintendo, Playstation vs X-Box, Stern vs JJP, Android vs Apple, EV vs ICE, Tesla vs Established automakers.....I guess it's just something to talk about and debate.

Two threads dedicated to Tesla on a pinball site is......ummm

Notice the guys pissing and moaning don't actually own one? They just lap up the Internet and act like experts.

The reality is I can shame any manufacturer digging up posts of unhappy customers. It comes with any high volume product. People go online to bitch.

In my area Tesla is EVERYWHERE_. Yah I live in silicon valley and drive by the factory every weekday. In our area everyone is extremely happy with their Tesla's. The parking lot is flooded with them. Chargers are everywhere.

I own a Porsche Macan GTS. I take it to Porsche for service, and they rape the shit out of me for basic service. The prices they charge me are criminal. Porsche makes it VERY hard to get third party service on purpose because they make huge profit on the service center.

Anyway, I just bought the wife (and myself), a 2018 P100D ModelX. It just can't be beat for driving around in NorCal. And extreme fun off the line with 0-60 in 2.8s in a SUV. Is the build quality as good as my Macan? NOPE. But it's very nice. Their tech BLOWs away what porsche is doing. And I appreciate that.

Is Tesla in financial trouble? Looks like it. Huge investments into Model 3, and late shipments. But now I'm looking out in the parking lot, and I kid you not, I see over 30 Model 3's out there.

Anyway - the Internet phenomenon. Guys that want to hate, can find the fuel to hate them. Pick your brand. Go find all the angry messages online. Use it as proof. Shake and repeat.

#328 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Oh by the way Eustis FL to Fayetteville NC is 518 miles not 800 miles. You maybe should use a faster route.

Actually, it's further. I was calculating a round trip since finding a charge would be a bitch considering I'm not very patient. Drive 10 hours, check into a hotel and then find a place to charge your cell phone? Err, car.

#329 5 years ago

That's the beauty of the Tesla . It finds the Superchargers for you and tells you how many spots are open. It's a great system. Take one for a test drive.

#330 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Notice the guys pissing and moaning don't actually own one? They just lap up the Internet and act like experts.
    The reality is I can shame any manufacturer digging up posts of unhappy customers. It comes with any high volume product. People go online to bitch.
    In my area Tesla is EVERYWHERE_. Yah I live in silicon valley and drive by the factory every weekday. In our area everyone is extremely happy with their Tesla's. The parking lot is flooded with them. Chargers are everywhere.
    I own a Porsche Macan GTS. I take it to Porsche for service, and they rape the shit out of me for basic service. The prices they charge me are criminal. Porsche makes it VERY hard to get third party service on purpose because they make huge profit on the service center.
    Anyway, I just bought the wife (and myself), a 2018 P100D ModelX. It just can't be beat for driving around in NorCal. And extreme fun off the line with 0-60 in 2.8s in a SUV. Is the build quality as good as my Macan? NOPE. But it's very nice. Their tech BLOWs away what porsche is doing. And I appreciate that.
    Is Tesla in financial trouble? Looks like it. Huge investments into Model 3, and late shipments. But now I'm looking out in the parking lot, and I kid you not, I see over 30 Model 3's out there.
    Anyway - the Internet phenomenon. Guys that want to hate, can find the fuel to hate them. Pick your brand. Go find all the angry messages online. Use it as proof. Shake and repeat.

Notice how the owners and buyers and other fanboys of this car are the only ones on this internet forum that needed a whole thread to brag about the car they purchased, but are now spewing this kind of chatter on the one for opposing points of view as well?

Most people buy a car and drive it, without the need to stick out their chests or put up their peacock feathers in a "look what I've got and you don't " attitude.

Most people that is.

#331 5 years ago

Tesla "free" or would that be "included" supercharging would not work if I bought a 3 for around town stuff. Closest supercharger is 13 miles away in a place I may, and I say may go near once per month.
    My energy bill is $217/month and I just got a love letter from DTE(Detroit Edison) that it's going up to $283.00 . That's with no EV's. No thanks.

Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    #332 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

That's the beauty of the Tesla . It finds the Superchargers for you and tells you how many spots are open. It's a great system. Take one for a test drive.

Let's talk doomsday scenario....what happens if Tesla closes its doors. Today, or 5 years from now? It can happen, as the history of automobiles is littered with failed manufacturers, some bigger than Tesla. Who controls the information 'cloud' where all the nice tech for Tesla resides? What happens to the long term viability? I can still drive an Edsel, Delorean, Pontiac, Plymouth, Mercury (still drive one), Saab, Oldsmobile, and the list goes on.....Can you drive a Tesla if the Tesla info hub goes away? I presume you can still charge and drive, but how many features go away? I'm ignorant of how the Tesla network operates.

#333 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Let's talk doomsday scenario....what happens if Tesla closes its doors. Today, or 5 years from now? It can happen, as the history of automobiles is littered with failed manufacturers, some bigger than Tesla. Who controls the information 'cloud' where all the nice tech for Tesla resides? What happens to the long term viability? I can still drive an Edsel, Delorean, Pontiac, Plymouth, Mercury (still drive one), Saab, Oldsmobile, and the list goes on.....Can you drive a Tesla if the Tesla info hub goes away?

If they won't sell you parts for them now, do you think they will after they go out of business?

It's like the node board scenario, but worse.

#334 5 years ago

Ugh who cares about all your ad-hominem beef, both @brijam and @o-din

Plenty of people love their teslas and thats fine. What's not fine IMHO is the state of the business. I believe Tesla has too much debt coming due, and a lot of it is convertible bonds that require cash if Telsa stock isn't above a certain number. That's why Elon is so worried about shorts, that's why a lot of the top executive team has left.

I think the failure of the business, after forensics is done (and yes, I believe the business will have to be restructured and investors will lose a lot of money), will be Musk's fault. A lot of the debt was taken on to build a fully automated manufacturing facility, which was supposed to reduce labor costs. Now they've backtracked a ton on automation, which means not only is the money they used for their fancy conveyor belt system written off, but also the cost per unit for assembly is just gonna be a lot higher since they still need all those people at the factory. That's why Tesla is still burning a lot of cash, and needs more. For all the 'disrupting' Tesla was/is supposed to be doing, there's no way to shortcut physical manufacturing knowledge and performance. The fact that Elon's running manufacturing despite not having ever been a factory foreman or run a manufacturing operation even close to this scale, is very troubling. IMHO Elon has a typical software engineer's mindset (as a software engineer I can say this) that they think they can solve every problem by iterating quickly on it, not accounting for how much it costs to make mistakes in the physical world.

Teslas are probably cheaper to operate than gas cars. They're probably more fun to drive, too. Having said all this, even if I were in the market for a $50K car, I wouldn't buy a Tesla because I believe they have a very high likelihood of going out of business.

#335 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

What's not fine IMHO is the state of the business. I believe Tesla has too much debt coming due, and a lot of it is convertible bonds that require cash if Telsa stock isn't above a certain number. That's why Elon is so worried about shorts, that's why a lot of the top executive team has left.

That's been mentioned and a couple options in the poll address that. Big issue for sure. This thread may not have even been started if it looked like a solid, sound company with someone of sound mind running it.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Notice the guys pissing and moaning don't actually own one?

I know I already quoted you, but I'm guessing you didn't actually read this thread but just stopped by because you had to put your two cents in.

Is it OK if somebody that used to own one or was thinking of owning one comments here?

Quoted from NJGecko:

I sold my 2017 Audi A4 for a 2016 Model S. I was so excited. Got it, and thought it was so cool. In my mind, I had a charger at the garage where I park daily, I live near a supercharger, and my car had an estimated 250 mile range. So I figured I could charge weekly (30 mile round trip), and never have to pay a dime.
    The reality hit hard. The battery performance was heavily influenced by weather. In the dead of winter I was charging every two days. The nav system wasn't nearly as accurate as my Audi or even my phone. You couldn't add stopovers. No carplay or android auto, and my audiobooks never had the correct cover art. No blind spot sensors. Software updates were great, but they would seemingly randomly add or change features you'd have to find out on your own, and occasionally break things.
    Don't get me wrong, it was a head turner, and fast as hell. But for me to spend almost $70k on a USED car that didn't have basic things that my Audi has...well I got rid of it after 6 months.

Quoted from rai:

I had model 3 on order but was still one year away, plus I didn’t like the looks especially the interior without any instruments like the S and every other car has. Plus l drove a S and while fast in a straight line, very removed from the personal interaction with the car.
    Received my refund but took Tesla 2 months to send it, no communication from them until I sent several messages.
    Eventually got a BRZ tS which is not a competitor to the 3 but it’s just my personal car so it’s all I need. I was a S2000 owner and missed that car since I sold it, BRZ reminds me a lot of a hardtop S2K with more room inside, more features and a radio I can hear.
    I really prefer the feel and involvement of a manual transmission and BRZ lightweight and fun to drive.
    EV might be the future but I’m getting the MT gas power car while they still make them.

#336 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Most people buy a car and drive it, without the need to stick out their chests or put up their peacock feathers in a "look what I've got and you don't " attitude.

Sorry to say I only see one “Peakcock” in this thread.

#337 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Let's talk doomsday scenario....what happens if Tesla closes its doors. Today, or 5 years from now? It can happen, as the history of automobiles is littered with failed manufacturers, some bigger than Tesla. Who controls the information 'cloud' where all the nice tech for Tesla resides? What happens to the long term viability? I can still drive an Edsel, Delorean, Pontiac, Plymouth, Mercury (still drive one), Saab, Oldsmobile, and the list goes on.....Can you drive a Tesla if the Tesla info hub goes away? I presume you can still charge and drive, but how many features go away? I'm ignorant of how the Tesla network operates.

The owners are pretty screwed. But there is enough IP and user base that it’s likely to be bought out by another mfg and supported.

Impossible to tell the future for any mfg.

#338 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

It appears that the value of Tesla is the charging network they've built. If (and many say when) the venture collapses because nobody wants to loan them any more money, whoever buys up the scraps will be after the chargers. Of course, that will also end the free charging for the early purchasers.

BTW in case nobody has noticed, Ford's bond rating has recently changed. There's an established manufacturer but lacks the "sexy" image that Tesla "for some reason" has exploited. Even that "slight" change is alarming investors. Yet Tesla has a far worse rating and someday the smoke and flash will not be enough to keep the company going.

IMO my biggest concern isn't Tesla. It's that I believe the future of personal transportation will have an either a complete electrical or larger partial electrical element. And if Tesla fails, it may poison the market for others and especially for investors. The real question is who will complete the development of solid-state batteries and get them to widespread production readiness. I don't see Tesla being that company. And if they fail in a scandalous way, it could push that back many years.

BTW, IMO, the 3 was a misread. Should have forgotten the electric car for the "masses" and instead stayed closer to the original models. Or even built a commercial vehicle along the lines of a mid sized delivery vehicle or taxi. Much better chance for success.

#339 5 years ago

www.buyfordnow.com

#340 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I only see one “Peakcock” in this thread.

And there you have it.

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
    #341 5 years ago

I don't think Tesla is going anywhere soon. They keep breaking records with their sales. They sold around 53,000 last quarter. This quarter they will be around 70,000. With this growth rate profitability will come quick. I could see issues if they were not selling any vehicles but they are selling more and more every month and eating into the competition. The impressive thing is the 2 of the top 5 cars being traded in for model 3's are the Honda Civic and Accord. Cars that are priced well below the Model 3.

#342 5 years ago

Yah, but they are also putting incredible money into building vast factories.

Looking at the electrics coming from Porsche, maybe it gives reasonable competition on the high end with mission e. Which won’t ship until late 2019/2020.

I priced out a Model 3 performance with sport upgrades and it’s nearly an $80K auto. Seems crazy looking at it. But no doubt I’ll see them all over my parking lot.

#343 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Tesla "free" or would that be "included" supercharging would not work if I bought a 3 for around town stuff. Closest supercharger is 13 miles away in a place I may, and I say may go near once per month.
    My energy bill is $217/month and I just got a love letter from DTE(Detroit Edison) that it's going up to $283.00 . That's with no EV's. No thanks.

What’s your monthly spend on gas? Prob my electric charges are the highest in any city. But a full charge comes to $12. Full tank of gas of premium is easily $85.

It’s still a luxury car. So if I bought a $100K IC Porsche or an electric Tesla, I’m in for the same cash price. But now charging at home I don’t have to deal with getting gas once a week with my 40m commute each way. It’s sweet to plug in once a week at home. So for me I’m in for about $50 a month extra on my bill using the EV pricing. The car knows to only charge after 12am to take advantage of the lowest rate.

And it’s cool that my 5500 pound MX is faster than a Lamborghini. A nice perk.

#344 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What’s your monthly spend on gas?

I put about $50 a month in my Tacoma and it's been paid off for ten years.

All this green talk's got me thinking that maybe I could not only help the environment, but also improve my image by trading it in on one of these Muskrockets.

I'm not sure, but I think they've got one of those zapping stations behind the Costco where I get my gas anyway. And it's not like I do go very far .
    Seeing that one creeping up the same road I drive to work today really got me enthused.

How much ya all think Tesla will give me in trade for a good running 2001 V-6 Pre-Runner with the big cab?

#345 5 years ago

Passed on the Model 3. I hope they make a real sporty car one day!!! I’ll stick with my Challengers for now.

CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpegCEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpegECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpegECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    #346 5 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Passed on the Model 3. I hope they make a real sporty car one day!!! I’ll stick with my Challengers for now.

Do you need a reliable pickup truck?

#347 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I'm not particularly crazy about tesla's, but someone from DC wanted a pin I was selling and texted me on Friday afternoon and said he would be down the next morning. He charged up twice on the way down at about 20 min each I believe, and was back home later in the afternoon. 18 hour round trip in 21 hours or so. Totally changed my mind on the usage of them, as I thought they were a "around town" car. In my yukon I fill up 2-3 times on the way to dc, so not much change. Still wouldn't own one, but changed my opinion nonetheless.

#348 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

I don't think Tesla is going anywhere soon. They keep breaking records with their sales. They sold around 53,000 last quarter. This quarter they will be around 70,000. With this growth rate profitability will come quick. I could see issues if they were not selling any vehicles but they are selling more and more every month and eating into the competition. The impressive thing is the 2 of the top 5 cars being traded in for model 3's are the Honda Civic and Accord. Cars that are priced well below the Model 3.

I don’t see how that works; if they are losing money at 5K cars a week, how will 6K cars a week help them? Their revenue and losses have increased together which says to me they lose money on every car they make.

#349 5 years ago

They use the money for building out infrastructure. They are using the Amazon business model. Amazon lost money for 10 years before it became profitable.
    Be patient and you will see Tesla will be very profitable. You must be one of those short sighted investors.

#350 5 years ago

This is how it works:

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-out-on-tesla-model-3-/page/7?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.