Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are you out and won't be buying a Tesla?”

• The company and CEO are a joke, and the car line is a bigger joke 8 votes
      12%
    • Don't want to be stereotyped with some of the owners of this thing 2 votes
      3%
    • Stocks are on their way out 1 vote
      2%
    • I don't want to have to defend my car purchase on the internet 2 votes
      3%
    • Won't be living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon 1 vote
      2%
    • Big batteries make a big mess when they explode 2 votes
      3%
    • My old shitbox runs great and don't need a $50,000 car with no engine 12 votes
      18%
    • All of the above 37 votes
      57%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nah (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg
    83678173-025A-4A0F-95F5-18551B1CEBEE (resized).jpeg
    qe01lvn81vk11 (resized).jpg
    5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-1136-852.jpg
    D0178DED-D289-4216-BCC9-D51C0213B19D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ECC8E739-E574-4457-A008-63AB52899961 (resized).jpeg
    CEDAF770-5681-4BFA-976F-68103C8B1E3A (resized).jpeg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180830-203853 (resized).png
    2gwuxp (resized).jpg
    2gwon6 (resized).jpg
    5a861ac9d0307255048b46d2-750-500 (resized).jpg
    tesla-towing-san-diego (resized).jpg
    bg_rubberroom2 (resized).jpg
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

This is the most ludicrous statement I have read in quite awhile. The first nuclear waste ever produced is still on the Earth polluting, and will be for 18000 plus years, since there is no way to dispose of the stuff. The salt mines in Utah are collapsing in places, rusty radioactive drums have burst spilling their contents, and there isn't enough money that has ever been printed since the foundation of economies to pay the Superfund cleanup bill for radioactive contaminated Sites across the US.
    Nuclear power plants have resorted to storing waste on site since there is nothing else left to do with it. A few years ago (last time I kept up with these things) there were only two Plasma Incinerators capable of destroying low-level radioactive medical waste , they both were small and slow.
    Soy Boys ride around spouting "GREEN" and pushing electric vehicles like social justice warriors with no inkling how the electricity is produced to power their expensive toys. If its nuclear generated they need to do some deep soul-searching, or just STFU.
    If the money spent on nuclear generated power had been placed in coal research we would have clean coal generated electricity, and the US has more coal reserves than anybody else.
    When that nuclear plant on the beach in California gets hit by a tsunami or earthquake people may wake up, but it will be too late.

You say “soy boy” a lot. That’s a common pejorative against liberals promoted by the alt right. Breitbart is that-a-way.

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Glad you got back safely.

Thanks, that's cool of you to say. 63k+ miles so far and the car still drives like new.

#204 5 years ago

I know what car I want to be in:

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

You realize those tests aren't the same, right? The object in the Tesla video has a lot more give and absorbs a lot of energy compared to the completely immovable object in the Volvo test.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Give it time, it hasn’t even been out two years.
    I just got back from a 400+ mile round trip in my Model S. Total fuel cost $0.

I also just got back from a 24 hour 400+ mile road trip myself. Total fuel cost was also $0 for me as well.
    Glad we both made it back safely.

#207 5 years ago

For a minute I actually thought this was a real thread. Instead it's yet another fud filled thread for haters to rag on the company with whatever fictional garbage they can come up with to protect their shorts, to do their best to kill an American company, or to passively attack liberals. Yet another waste of time nonsense political thread on Pinside to add to the ever growing pile. I wish the mods would clean this garbage up, or at least move it all into a "Nonsense political and/or other agenda" section that I could permanently block and let people stuck in the past ramble on to themselves in.

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

For a minute I actually thought this was a real thread. Instead it's yet another fud filled thread for haters to rag on the company with whatever fictional garbage they can come up with to protect their shorts, to do their best to kill an American company, or to passively attack liberals. Yet another waste of time nonsense political thread on Pinside to add to the ever growing pile. I wish the mods would clean this garbage up, or at least move it all into a "Nonsense political and/or other agenda" section that I could permanently block and let people stuck in the past ramble on to themselves in.

Wow, nice ramble! It's really not a big deal. It's a car. Some like it, some don't.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I also just got back from a 24 hour 400+ mile road trip myself. Total fuel cost was also $0 for me as well.
    Glad we both made it back safely.

I too am glad you're home safe and sound. The place wouldn't be the same without you.

I'm intrigued. I know how I achieved $0 cost for my trip (free charging), how did yours work out to be $0?

#210 5 years ago

There is a drain button if you don’t want to see a thread anymore.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Give it time, it hasn’t even been out two years.
    I just got back from a 400+ mile round trip in my Model S. Total fuel cost $0.

I just did a 1,500 mile trip in my "S" with no costs at all. Because of regen I barely touched the brakes that whole trip. In my Toyota it would have been hundreds of dollars in gas & hundreds amortizing out brakes, water pump, timing belt, serpentine belt, spark plugs, coolant change, transmission fluid change, brake fluid change, wear on mechanical engine parts, routine servicing, etc. Still love my Toyota though.

#212 5 years ago

at least move it all into a "Nonsense political and/or other agenda" section that I could permanently block

You mean like “off topic”, where it already resides, that you ‘can’ permanently block. Amazing. You could actually just come to Pinside for pinball. Who would have thought?

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

no inkling of how much damage they are doing to future generations n

You know what’s really f’ing us all now and more and more with every passing day?

MICRO-PLASTICS!!!!

Tiny fractional plastic dust generated from the worlds addiction to the range of plastic products we consume daily.

Plastic is flawed by design as it does not degrade and ultimately ends up as toxic dust which infiltrates our water supply and air...especially indoor air...turn off the lights, shine a flashlight and watch it float by your face as you take another breath...

Tell me why at 40 that I’ve already buried 2 friends from cancer in their 30’s

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I think Tesla's going to be in trouble when BMW, Jaguar & Volvo come out with electric vehicles.

BMW has an electric car. Jaguar will have a 2019. Volvo will follow shortly thereafter. They will all be playing catchup for a while though

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/tesla-model-3-has-next-gen-military-grade-tech-ubs-says-but-will-never-turn-profit-2018-8-1027468439

"All in, Tesla delivered the best powertrain at the lowest cost," a team of USB analysts lead by Colin Langan said in the first lap of its three-part tear-down series.

The investment bank said its takedown engineers "were crazy about the powertrain, highlighting next-gen, military-grade tech" that appear to be "years ahead of peers."

"The Model 3 appears to have been built with a goal of simplifying the engineering, removing components, and building things as modularly as possible," UBS said.

"The inverter was embedded into the e-motor and gearbox. More impressively, the battery management and charging electronics merged the DC/DC converter, on board charger, and power distribution module into one simple unit."

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

I too am glad you're home safe and sound. The place wouldn't be the same without you.
    I'm intrigued. I know how I achieved $0 cost for my trip (free charging), how did yours work out to be $0?

My employment agreement includes a car (not a Tesla, a boring Fusion). The car was delivered to my driveway a week after I started there. I have an Element card that I use for gas and minor stuff like washer fluid. I never see a bill nor expense anything. Only thing I do is make a monthly entry with business vs. personal miles on an app. Then the company grosses up my salary to cover the taxes on the personal usage. No insurance or plate fees, all handled. I have a separate car wash card which I also never see a bill for.

For the record, I would much rather have taken my A8 on this trip, but I have a part on order that prevented me from using it this weekend.

There are a total of five vehicles that are personally owned in my household.

#216 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

There are a total of five vehicles that are personally owned in my household.

Only 5? Slacker.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

You are not kidding Nilroc. It might be a good idea to remove the ban on Halon fire extinguishers as well, nothing is more effective in putting out lithium, magnesium and electronics fires. Instead of side air bags perhaps an onboard Halon system would be more cost-effective, flooding the interior at the first sign of fire. Second thought, that would eliminate oxygen to the driver, no good. Nothing beats a Volvo for safety.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

You are not kidding Nilroc. It might be a good idea to remove the ban on Halon fire extinguishers as well, nothing is more effective in putting out lithium, magnesium and electronics fires. Instead of side air bags perhaps an onboard Halon system would be more cost-effective, flooding the interior at the first sign of fire. Second thought, that would eliminate oxygen to the driver, no good. Nothing beats a Volvo for safety.

So you're saying that driving a gas-powered car is SAFER????

FYI in 2015 there were 174,000 gasoline vehicle fires and that 445 people died from those car fires in 2015. 445, with an additional 1,550 injuries due to fire.

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Fire-statistics-and-reports/Fire-statistics/Vehicle-fires/Highway-vehicle-fires

Unless you want to say the NFPA is a liberal blog and their data is falsified.

#220 5 years ago

Hey Brijam,
    Don't waste your time. I believe most of these people believe the world is still flat and we never landed on the moon.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

So you're saying that driving a gas-powered car is SAFER????
    FYI in 2015 there were 174,000 gasoline vehicle fires and that 445 people died from those car fires in 2015. 445, with an additional 1,550 injuries due to fire.
    https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Fire-statistics-and-reports/Fire-statistics/Vehicle-fires/Highway-vehicle-fires
    Unless you want to say the NFPA is a liberal blog and their data is falsified.

Based on miles driven Tesla fire incidents are 10x less than ICE. Harder to find data for all EVs combined, but I'd agree, as far as fire incidents, EVs are safer. However, in reading about incidents I never considered that Lithium thermal runaway events can occur much later after actual damage. So if you're in a fender bender, might not want to park your EV in your garage. Not saying that such an incident has ever happened, but it's a scary proposition.

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey Brijam,
    Don't waste your time. I believe most of these people believe the world is still flat and we never landed on the moon.

Posts like these don't help your cause. You're better off letting the other guy fight your battle. At least he puts some effort into his arguments.

#225 5 years ago

Wow, did you see the pictures of the damage? The guy got hit by a car going 40 mph and there's astonishingly little damage.

Back in the day I had a BMW 635csi. I loved that car. I was stopped at a light and the woman behind me saw the left turn signal go green in the lane next to us and /gunned it/ hard right into the back of my car. Totaled it from less than a car length and a dead stop. I couldn't believe how fragile that car was.

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey Brijam,
    Don't waste your time

Yes, you've probably both said enough.

The title of this thread is not "Defend your purchase of a Tesla" but is "Who Is Out on Tesla Model 3?"

If you spent as much time reading, as you do self assuring each other, that may have been apparent.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Just happened 4 days ago. Guess what no fire

Lucky. Now will you go back to your happy thread and stay there? Obviously you made a wrong turn.

191ziuxzm82vmjpg (resized).jpg191ziuxzm82vmjpg (resized).jpg

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Wow, did you see the pictures of the damage? The guy got hit by a car going 40 mph and there's astonishingly little damage.
    Back in the day I had a BMW 635csi. I loved that car. I was stopped at a light and the woman behind me saw the left turn signal go green in the lane next to us and /gunned it/ hard right into the back of my car. Totaled it from less than a car length and a dead stop. I couldn't believe how fragile that car was.

I had one of the first BMW Z3s off the Spartanburg assembly line. I programmed their painted body conveying system. My wife was rear ended by a truck while she was stopped...Truck was doing 40. She amazingly escaped with no harm and the car wasn't totalled. Trunk leaked after repairs tho. Another time I was rear ended at 5mp in a construction zone and that costs 3k to repair. Car was a magnet for collisions. But for a small car it was pretty stout.

#229 5 years ago

The biggest thing for me would be that the range is only 310mi and charging takes 5-6hrs at a charge point or 10-20hrs off 110v

Compleatly useless other than for day to day use. Once they figure out some kind of quick charge that takes 5min like filling up with gas/diesel electric wont be able to replace gas.

Also - I live in Canada, so I'm guessing my range would be hugely decreased in the winter since the heater would be running all the time sucking juice, where as efficiency isnt affected on a gasoline engine as heat is a byproduct.

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lucky. Now will you go back to your happy thread and stay there? Obviously you made a wrong turn.
    [quoted image]

Speaking of wrong turns, how are you missing out on the Munsters thread? Or were you preemptively booted?

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes, you've probably both said enough.

Says the man with over 41,000 posts.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now will you go back to your happy thread and stay there?
    [quoted image]

No.

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

The biggest thing for me would be that the range is only 310mi and charging takes 5-6hrs at a charge point or 10-20hrs off 110v

No, it takes 20-30 minutes to recharge at a supercharger.

For the vast majority of people, plugging their car in overnight is enough to keep their car full.

As for the cold, Norway is Tesla’s best selling country. I hear it gets kind of cold there.

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

how are you missing out on the Munsters thread? Or were you preemptively booted?

Yeah, I was booted out of that one before it even started. Also with the thread where these dudes that are raving about the car, some that haven't even taken delivery of yet, should be posting instead of here. But one thread must not be enough for them, they seem to need to smear their lovefest propaganda everywhere they can. Must be some sort of insecurity issue as far as I can tell.

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

As for the cold, Norway is Tesla’s best selling country. I hear it gets kind of cold there.

Norway's winters average just below freezing. Canadian winters vary and can hit -40s regularly. Driving to Calgary and back to Edmonton during winter in a Tesla is just not feasible....no matter how hard you keep trying to rationalize it.

Just because Norway buys plenty of Tesla's doesn't mean it'll work in Canada. Heck....the province of Alberta is quite a few times bigger than Norway.

#236 5 years ago

I have a Volt and I can tell you the cold is the Achilles heel of the EVs.

The heating element sucks the battery down fast. Based upon my observations, about the same amount as driving. Claims that the heater "barely impact" EV range are pure fantasy.

A related observation - I thought running the AC in the summer would also degrade battery charge quickly, but I was wrong. It barely impacts mileage. Yesterday I got 50.3 miles on battery running the AC the whole time. I'm pretty happy with that.

Norway sales - I have asked co-workers from Norway about this. The short answer is - HEAVILY subsidized. To the point where "the price is the same as a regular ICE car. Which would you rather have for the same price? A Tesla or a regular car?"

Also, there was a myriad of other perks rattled off that EV owners got and the regular serfs didn't, like free ferry lifts for the car, free parking, preferential parking etc..

The problem is, that gravy train can only go on so long. Did anyone see what happened to Tesla sales in Denmark after their subsidy gravy train ended? YoY sales plunged 94%. That is not a typo.

Lastly - kudos to whomever put "I don't plan on living in Oregon or Canada anytime soon" in the poll. I got a good laugh out of that one.

#237 5 years ago

3 years ago I was in the market for a new car and drove the model s, it was a gadget lovers dream. The driving it on back roads was not impressive to me, ok brakes, bad tires or traction control. I wanted to love it but after driving a few SUV Porsche's I felt the germans SUVS handled better then the smaller S, sort of shocking to me. Ended up in a Cayenne GTS, best car I ever owned, gone now but not forgotten.

Placed a order for model 3 on day one hoping I could get a affordable electric car with some autonomous features. When it came time to actually price the car and realizing I would be at 50-65 grand for this car I bailed. I hated the placement of the odometer and not having a heads up display or not having to look down and right to see speed. The car is cool looking but such a drop down style wise and i could name half a dozen cars I like more for the same price. But the basic Porsche Macan would be more enjoyable to me then a souped up 3.

So I leased two Hondas A FIT for the wife and a CRV for me, totally boring but they get us from point a to b comfortably.

#238 5 years ago

Size of Norway: 385,203 km²
    Supercharger stations nationwide: 50+

Size of Alberta: 661,848 km²
    Supercharger stations province wide: 5

Tesla would work in Canadian cities. But as a car for driving long distances and on rural roads....it's just not practical.

Drive north of Edmonton for two hours in your Tesla and you'll get stranded.

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Drive north of Edmonton for two hours in your Tesla and you'll get stranded.

I'm guessing they would not fare much better in a place like Texas where you might see a sign that says "last gas station for 500 miles".

Tesla seems more to me like it is an overpriced, overhyped grocery getter, that you don't dare leave the metropolis in for long road trips, and best have a solid #1 vehicle if it breaks down and needs repairs, if you do indeed need a car to get around. A luxury item I guess for those that can afford it and like to go 0-60 real fast between stop signs.

#240 5 years ago
    index.jpgindex.jpg
    #241 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Norway's winters average just below freezing. Canadian winters vary and can hit -40s regularly. Driving to Calgary and back to Edmonton during winter in a Tesla is just not feasible....no matter how hard you keep trying to rationalize it.
    Just because Norway buys plenty of Tesla's doesn't mean it'll work in Canada. Heck....the province of Alberta is quite a few times bigger than Norway.

I spent 4 months in Calgary on a job, in the dead of winter. Brutal for this southern boy. Spent a couple of weeks in Edmonton too. Don't know how you guys/gals do it.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing they would not fare much better in a place like Texas where you might see a sign that says "last gas station for 500 miles".

Wrong again.

Screenshot_20180828_195217 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180828_195217 (resized).png
    #243 5 years ago

I’m out, because when I want to go green I take the bus.

All the EV zealots who claim their green credentials are pussy green. Yes, pussy green, because they haven’t got the guts to do what’s really required and drop the car idea altogether.

Couldn’t possibly give up the convenience of the latest, shiniest individual transport machine that not only lugs them around, but also two tons of its own bulk for no purpose. Whatever it’s fuelled by!!!

Want to get green? Want to really help? Want to really do something useful? Then walk out your front door, down to the corner bus stop and catch a bus that’s ALREADY going where you need to go, and it has an empty seat, that YOU could use with no addition to footprint at all.

Until then, shut the fuck up about how great you are, with your new, heavy, inefficient (but slightly more efficient than previously fuelled models), personal “I’m green and you’re not” statement making device.

Grow some balls and do it properly.

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Wrong again.

Wrong again? I don't think so. I haven't been wrong yet why I don't want one of these turds or even why I don't want a relationship with this company or be a member of their clan.

I am yet to see a sign on any roadway that says Tesla charging station in 40 miles or 100 miles for that matter. Or maybe I just didn't care to see it, but don't remember one.

But that's pretty cool that your car screen will tell you where they are, if that screen doesn't malfunction like has been reported in many cases.

And just like a Tesla, I have no desire to carry or pay for a mobile phone, as I prefer not to be some high tech zombie geek, so if I run out of charge with my malfunctioning screen in the middle of nowhere, I guess I'm shit out of luck.

One more reason to add why I am out on this piece of shit.

And you'd do better off praising this thing in the other thread, but I see there are others raining on your parade there.

Keep bumping this one if you like as each time you do, someone else votes in the poll and I can't wait to see the results.

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I am yet to see a sign on any roadway that says Tesla charging station in 40 miles or 100 miles for that matter.

Signs? Where we're going we don't need signs.

Quoted from o-din:

But that's pretty cool that your car screen will tell you where they are, if that screen doesn't malfunction like has been reported in many cases.

It's just an LCD monitor, man. Sometimes they fail. Like all LCD monitors, the vast overwhelming majority of them don't. There's no magical pixie dust.

If for some reason your screen failed (mine has two), you hold down a button and say "navigate to the nearest supercharger" and the car will tell you where to turn.

If that also failed I guess you'd have to, you know, use your memory as to where the supercharger was located. Terrifying concept for some, I agree. Not a huge deal for grownups.

Quoted from o-din:

And just like a Tesla, I have no desire to carry or pay for a mobile phone

So you're okay with using a large computer that connects to the Internet that you pay for, but you don't want to use a smaller computer that connects to the Internet that you pay for. Got it.

Quoted from o-din:

And you'd do better off praising this thing in the other thread, but I see there are others raining on your parade there.

Oh no, you're far too entertaining to stop. I live for this.

Quoted from o-din:

Keep bumping this one if you like as each time you do, someone else votes in the poll and I can't wait to see the results.

Well since you asked nicely, I will.

Quoted from o-din:

Wrong again? I don't think so. I haven't been wrong yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Issac Asimov

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

So you're okay with using a large computer that connects to the Internet that you pay for, but you don't want to use a smaller computer that connects to the Internet that you pay for. Got it.

Who said anything about paying for internet? Or large computer for that matter? When I am at work, internet is free for me.

And at home where I am now, I have a ten year old Mac Mini which isn't very big at all. Internet is $25 a month which is much cheaper than the $100 or so a month to run a smart phone which would be redundant on top of that, beside the cost of the thing. I am also ready to disconnect home internet, because it's really just a waste of time sitting here debating this kind of shit with people like you when I could do it while at work for free and get paid for it if I was so inclined.

Plus when I'm out I don't have to carry around that stupid device and show the world that I am just another idiot slave to it, which I really don't care about, but when I see others doing it I know I don't want that to be me.

But keep on assuming what you like and defending your car until the end, and we may find out who the real ass is, you or me.

I've had maybe 100s of cars before, but have never felt the need to defend any of what I drive like it is a family member or anything like that, but of course when i buy something, I try to do it with good taste.

Quoted from Brijam:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Issac Asimov

And tell me again how I am ignorant for not wanting to jump on the bandwagon and use my hard earned money to buy something I have absolutely no desire to own or use for just because somebody else is trying to force their opinion down my throat.

Ignorance, yes it must be pure ignorance on my part.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Who said anything about paying for internet?

Quoted from o-din:

And at home where I am now, I have a ten year old Mac Mini which isn't very big at all. Internet is $25 a month

One of these things is not like the other.

Quoted from o-din:

Or large computer for that matter?

Your mac mini. Is it larger than a smartphone?

Quoted from o-din:

When I am at work, intent is free for me.

Quoted from o-din:

because it's really just a waste of time sitting here debating this kind of shit with people like you when I could do it while at work for free and get paid for it if I was so inclined.

Get paid for posting on Pinside? How does your employer feel about that?

Quoted from o-din:

which is much cheaper than the $100 or so a month to run a smart phone

You can pay as little as $30/month.
    https://20somethingfinance.com/cheapest-data-plan-smartphones/

Quoted from o-din:

I've had maybe 100s of cars before

That is a hell of a lot of cars. Here I thought you had a 20 year old Toyota Tacoma that you'd owned for a long time. Are you a car dealer or something?

Quoted from o-din:

And tell me again how I am ignorant for not wanting to jump on the bandwagon and use my hard earned money to buy something I have absolutely no desire to own or use for just because somebody else is trying to force their opinion down my throat.

You misunderstand. I couldn't care less if you buy one or not, or what your opinion is.

I'm correcting misinformation and pointing out logical fallacies.

Quoted from o-din:

Ignorance, yes it must be pure ignorance on my part.

It takes guts to admit when you're wrong. It's painful. It takes work to fairly consider other viewpoints and challenge your own beliefs.

#248 5 years ago

Honest question here....what happens if you do run out of "fuel". In an ICE car I can walk to a gas station, flag someone down, etc. If an EV goes dead on a country road are there mobile charging service vehicles? Is it still a 12v system that can be charged from another vehicle? Or is a tow necessary?

#249 5 years ago

Ask this guy. I believe he is in your neck of the woods.

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Your mac mini. Is it larger than a smartphone?

Yes. But I like it because even to this day, the battery has never gone dead, and it has always worked right when I turn it on.

Quoted from Brijam:

Get paid for posting on Pinside? How does your employer feel about that?

Anything to keep me showing up.

Quoted from Brijam:

That is a hell of a lot of cars. Here I thought you had a 20 year old Toyota Tacoma that you'd owned for a long time. Are you a car dealer or something?

Was an auto tech for 30 years. Buying, fixing, and selling cars was part of it.

Of course with those cars I was able to easily source parts.

Quoted from Brijam:

I'm correcting misinformation and pointing out logical fallacies.

I guess I'm doing the same thing with all your ASSumptions.

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-out-on-tesla-model-3-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.