(Topic ID: 206357)

Who Is Not Planning On Buying Any New (NIB) Games In 2018 ?

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

squirrel (resized).jpg
    50 (resized).jpg
    50 cal (resized).jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

A few.
    Most.
    Pretty polished.
    A ton of code.
    Tell me the code is finished on BM66, GoTG, Star Wars, and Aerosmith. Go ahead. Tell me how great and fully coded they are.
    Bend over just a little further. Gary has a super, duper, ultra secret LE he wants to sell you. You just need to get naked, send a video of your dog doing....
    Perhaps you're ok with buying an unfinished product and waiting 1, maybe 2 years for completion. I'm not.
    I'll spend my money how I choose based on my wants/needs, and you're free to spend your money how you choose, based on your wants.
    I don't want, nor need, an unfinished game.
    Therefore, I'll begin considering Stern's next title, in about 2 years.
    Clear enough for you?

I own AS and it is very close to done, just needs a balance and polish. I own SW and it's code is incredible and at 1.0 it feels very done to me. I recently bought BM66 Premium and it's really fun but is missing some minor villians and a few other things, code is steadily coming now even if it's later then early buyers wanted. GOTG was literally just released.

You selling most of your games is probably a great idea. They seem to make you angry and not bring you any joy. If you can't have fun playing the games that you listed it likely is time to get out.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

You selling most of your games is probably a great idea. They seem to make you angry and not bring you any joy. If you can't have fun playing the games that you listed it likely is time to get out.

I suppose if I was an operator and new games I had invested quite a bit of money in were not giving a reasonable return and kept breaking down and the problems required waiting on new boards or whatever, I'd be a little disillusioned myself.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I suppose if I was an operator and new games I had invested quite a bit of money in were not giving a reasonable return and kept breaking down and the problems required waiting on new boards or whatever, I'd be a little disillusioned myself.

Maybe that's the case, but it doesn't seem that is the issue based on what was said.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Especially New Kids on the Block!

LOL... no.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Maybe that's the case, but it doesn't seem that is the issue based on what was said.

Well, he is an operator from what I gathered and many ops on this forum have voiced their frustrations with the unreliability of brand new machines.

And although the new games I purchased over the last couple years were trouble free, they weren't exposed to the rigors of being on 12 hours a day or whatever. But I'd imagine those problems might appear somewhere down the road when the machines are out of warranty.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The hobby is clearly still growing so I think it is safe to say there will be a lot of NIB bought. I plan on buying NIB Metallica and ACDC if I cannot find a used one. Proven games that are worth the money!

I just ordered an AC/DC premium today. My last pin, last available spot. So now I am done for 2018

1 week later
    #107 6 years ago

My pinball money went towards something else!

The South doesn't worry about West Coast gun politics.

U.S. Military...50BMG...oh yeah baby!!!!

50 cal (resized).jpg50 cal (resized).jpg
    50 (resized).jpg50 (resized).jpg

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

My pinball money went towards something else!
    The South doesn't worry about West Coast gun politics.
    U.S. Military...50BMG...oh yeah baby!!!!

You shoot squirrels with that thing?
    QSS

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

You shoot squirrels with that thing?
    QSS

We're at war down here!

squirrel (resized).jpgsquirrel (resized).jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-not-planning-on-buying-any-new-games-in-2018/page/3?hl=extremepinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.