D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

That’s exactly what I’m doing. Build quality doesn’t diminish over time. The toys, ramps and mechs are what I’m talking about. Feels like stern has gone to making the absolutely cheapest parts they can get away with. CGC does not. Edit: A perfect example is my 2003 Stern Simpson’s-It’s built like a tank and feels/plays solid as hell even after being on route for 15 years. The difference between it and a modern Stern is night and day.

I'm not weighing in on this argument, but I will say my Ripleys machine feels waaaaaay more solid and heavy than my JP or GoTG. Almost like it was 2 totally different manufacturers.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

New purchases are always easier when your wife wants the game too …

My wife is getting new kitchen appliances in exchange for my CCr SE and Oktoberfest. Fair deal. The bonus is she likes playing pinball, and I actually want the appliances. Don't tell her that!!!

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ordered my SE! When are the SEs shipping? November?

That's the word "November and onwards" in the email I recieved.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doug correctly notes that whatever the decision is it will upset many. Don’t envy him and hope the fallout stays in the hype thread.
Im far more interested in seeing folks that have actually ordered games start to get them so we can start getting first hand experience with the game!

Yup, I can't handle that other thread anymore. I'm not going to call it the "hype" thread, because that's not what's going on over there. It's unfortunate that Doug from CGC apparently posts his updates there. Please keep us updated.

#225 2 years ago

An awesome look inside the Churchill cabinet / cgc building!! Amazing!!

https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/churchill/index.html

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From PPS:
“ The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball”
Backglass-gate avoided. Cactus Canyon may be a great game, but the announcement and rollout left a lot to be desired.

I love a true mirrored backglass. I wonder when they'll have them available and what the cost will be. May have to grab one for my Fish Tales as well.

#326 2 years ago

Man that backglass looks nice. I just put a CPR in my Elvira and the Party Monsters, and the quality/fitment is top notch.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Put it in if you want.
Personally, Id rather swap the playfield down the road than have to play on the plastic surface.
It may be just me, but I find the difference in play unappealing.
Other than that, eveyone has a different opinion about plastic surfaces...
Playfields still dimple under the plastic, but not as much.

Very well said, and I second this sentiment.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Link to the live stream at 8 MST:
https://fb.me/e/4xqW6rMy5
Will be posted to YouTube later

Dang, I certainly appreciate his effort, but that stream is quite painful to watch.

#368 2 years ago

Sharing this post by Doug from the bitch thread. Oooops, I mean hype thread. The information about the clearcoat was particularly informative!

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Screen printing and silk screening are just different names for the same thing. In this process each layer of ink is put down separately by pushing ink through a silkscreen onto whatever media you are printing on.
Typically screen printing utilizes 4-color process (aka CMYK) which utilizes cyan, magenta, yellow and black ink to create the appearance of a limited gamut of colors. Playfields typically screened CMYK utilize six silk screens (white, C, M, Y, K and opaque black). Solvent based inks are used when silk screening playfields.
We have screen printed all remakes utilizing spot colors as was done for the original games. Utilizing spot colors provides a much wider color gamut. Instead of colors being represented by a mix of C, M, Y or K dots, the color you are seeing is achieved by mixing each ink to the specific color desired. Another upside to spot colors is a richer appearance as the solid colors tend to fully flood an area instead of appearing as small dots. The downside of spot colors is efficiency. Our previous remakes have required 12 to 14 screening operations. Each operation needs to be near perfectly registered to the previous layer of silk screen ink.
The other downside of silk screening playfields is the skill level required.
I believe the other playfield manufacturers are digitally printing playfields and sometimes digitally printing and then adding a single screen printed spot color. Digital printing equipment puts down all four colors (CMYK) in a single pass. Digital inks are UV cured which mean they dry instantly. Most digital printers are 4-color process. Registration between the colors is never an issue and loading a digital press requires almost no skill.
I believe all playfield manufacturers are using urethane clear coats. Some are using automotive grade urethanes which are widely available and less expensive. We still use the same supplier and material as Williams/Bally did. This product was initially developed to coat the heads of wooden golf clubs by a chemist named Dale Bodiker. He found a way to formulate a urethane hard coat that would remain flexible over time. We have looked for another product with similar characteristics but have been unable to find anything that remains flexible.
Urethane is extremely sensitive to certain contaminants. UV inks are typically produced by the manufacturer of the printing equipment. I have looked into digital printing equipment but have been unable to find digital inks specifically formulated for use with urethane. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist. We purchase solvent based inks mixed to our specifications which include purity level requirements.

1 week later
#376 2 years ago

I don't suppose anyone has heard any updates on progress over at CGC have they?

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

All quiet on the western front.

I figured as much. Both threads have gone pretty silent. I'd be ecstatic to have my SE in the first run, whenever that may be.

3 weeks later
#410 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Ok November has come and gone. And we are halfway through Dec. Have the even shipped one game?

Screenshot_20211210-093428_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211210-093428_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#429 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Can some owners post up some unboxing photos? We are keen to see some happy owners!

Lol, I'm excited also and share your eager anticipation. However, CGC actually has to ship the games before we can unbox them

3 weeks later
#444 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently ZMeny is expecting a production game in the next few weeks. Perhaps we will see a game features video in February.

Well, that's something anyway.

#447 2 years ago

All Quiet On The "Western" Front....

#451 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

ZMeny apparently should be getting a production game shortly. Hopefully that means other production games aren’t too far behind, but seems like we are looking at mid-February.

Fingers crossed. I'm still super hyped to get this title. It just checks all the boxes for me. The xl color display, classic Bally humor, western theme, etc... I even went ahead and paid for mine, so when they do eventually start shipping, the financial sting will be long gone

1 week later
#532 2 years ago

I'm not saying they're wrong, but my experience with Automated is they tell you whatever they need to to get you off their back for a while. I'll never buy from them again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,800 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread?tu=CoolCatPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.