D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 2 years ago

[Most of the information previously in this post has been moved to the club thread]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town

This thread was created before the SE+ model was announced. An updated poll is in the owners club thread. This poll was closed February 15th.

============

F463950D-2C81-4374-9591-D92EC3A4BB59 (resized).pngF463950D-2C81-4374-9591-D92EC3A4BB59 (resized).png

Chicago Gaming announced and showcased Cactus Canyon Remake at Pinball Expo 21.

The Limited Edition (LE) and the Special Edition (SE) were announced October 29, 2021.
On November 6, 2021 CGC announced the SE+ edition (SE with the topper).
There is no Classic Edition (as previously available for the MMr, AFMr, and MBr titles) and the topper will not be sold separately.

Details on all three models are on the official web page: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon

Confirmed orders require a deposit. Distributors may not request the final balance more than two weeks prior to the game’s ship date. CGC is continuing the matched LE numbers for owners of MMr, AFMr, and MBr but those games will no longer be produced at the beginning of the LE run. (All Limited Editions have been allocated/officially sold out; SE/SE+ models are still available). Of the 1250 Limited Editions, approximately 250 are estimated to go overseas.

Planetary Pinball announced an optional mirrored backglass will be available to all Cactus Canyon Remake buyers through their distributors (limited to one per game). Price is $249.99 + shipping. First orders are expected to ship by the end of March 2022.

============

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Who else is in and why?

Great game.

So I'll be ready for tech support if needed.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

I'm in for an SE - topper on LE looks cool, but I have limited ceiling height in my basement.

All topless in my basement so that's the way we swing.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great game.
So I'll be ready for tech support if needed.

This will be my first CGC game so that may come in handy.

I’m intrigued by the totally new OS and excited to learn more about the game. I always thought CC was under-rated and regretting not buying one on close out when I had a chance. It’ll be fun to see how they finished the game.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'm in for an SE - topper on LE looks cool, but I have limited ceiling height in my basement.
All topless in my basement so that's the way we swing.

I feel like for the price difference it would be worth it to buy the LE and just store the topper in case you ever move or trade it.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s will be my first CGC game so that may come in handy.

They are pretty solid out of the box.

MBR had a few Frank mechs that needed a dab of oil on the metal moving parts. And MMR, AFMR, and MBR, had a couple displays that needed the cable reseated and stuck back in.

From my tech support experience.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I feel like for the price difference it would be worth it to buy the LE and just store the topper in case you ever move or trade it.

Think you can disable the topper mode in the settings? Alternatively, does the interactivity display on the screen too - rendering the topper a non-necessity?

I have no headspace for the topper either and prefer to just get the LE and hold on to the topper in the scenario that i move in the future. ...or heaven forbid sell the machine.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Somebody else can have that LE spot. I'll be happy with an SE. Future $ not a primary factor to me. Enjoyment of the game is. I have enough stuff and don't need to worry about storing a topper that I couldn't use.

SE is cool with me.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Think you can disable the topper mode in the settings?

Yes, I'm sure it will be in there. It is for the other games' toppers.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Somebody else can have that LE spot. I'll be happy with an SE. Future $ not a primary factor to me. Enjoyment of the game is. I have enough stuff and don't need to worry about storing a topper that I couldn't use.
SE is cool with me.

I may have misheard, but I think they said there were some differences with the toys as well.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Think you can disable the topper mode in the settings? Alternatively, does the interactivity display on the screen too - rendering the topper a non-necessity?

I saw the topper can be disabled but don't know about it on the screen. It wasn't there when I played it. I went through most of the settings and didn't see a screen setting. Doesn't mean it's not there, I didn't see it.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I may have misheard, but I think they said there were some differences with the toys as well.

No big deal. Yes small differences. Makes very little difference to me. I have a classic AFMr and enjoy it a lot. Had a MBr classic enjoyed that too and sold to a close friend. Money saved can go toward beer.

Edit - Additional comments:
Guessing sculpted train track bottom could be added later for the SE or there will be a mod maker that will offer them. Could also add art blades and shaker. Also I'm sure a mod maker will offer a mine cart or other bling for top of the mine. There will be extras that can be added to the SE. Just don't have the room for a topper.. I'm sure I'll enjoy the SE and can add stuff if I want to.

#13 2 years ago

Anyone have an inkling of how long until these start shipping (SE & LE)? I’ve never been so excited to spend even close to this much money.

#14 2 years ago

LE from Flip n Out Pinball

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Anyone have an inkling of how long until these start shipping (SE & LE)? I’ve never been so excited to spend even close to this much money.

Game Exchange said expect 3-6 months shipping for the LE on their web page (which is now gone so I assume their initial LE allotment is sold).

#16 2 years ago

I’m in on LE. Damned finery right there my good man…

#17 2 years ago

I’ve reached out to a few distributors and so far can’t get an LE. Anybody have a lead?

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

I’ve reached out to a few distributors and so far can’t get an LE. Anybody have a lead?

From Planetary Pinball:

Never say never ... best to get on the list and if we see that everyone is on 10 different reseller list then things can open up ... contact [email protected]

#19 2 years ago

For anyone that has bought a CGC game before - what is the surcharge for requesting a specific number?

#20 2 years ago

Anyone have any feedback on the new code that played it today?

#21 2 years ago

It looks like PPS has emailed those on their LE list who have guaranteed spots:

CCR LE update:

The game has just been announced at Chicago Expo. If you got this message, you have the chance to buy the CCR LE from us.

We (PPS) need the weekend to get the proper information ready to send out (pricing, features, how to order, etc.), so please be patient and have peace of mind that you are on our “guaranteed to buy” list.

Our next email to you should be early next week (Tues/Wed), at that time you can read about the game details and make your deposit (you may already have some info if you attended Expo).

Deposits will be the usual $1,000 to hold your spot until your game is ready. If you got this message then you will have plenty of time to put your deposit in.

Please do not ask what spot in line you are at this time.

If you are not going to order from us (PPS) please reply back at any time and ask to be removed from this list.

Thank you again!

[email protected]

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Anyone have any feedback on the new code that played it today?

I played a couple days ago in a nice quite room. I found it full, meaning I never got through it. It's been a while since I played an original but I went through it pretty quick. Which is the reason I never bought one. Not so with the remake. Personally I loved the way it played and flowed, lots to do.
I'm on the list for an LE.

#23 2 years ago

I am waiting to hear from my dealer if I am in on an LE.

#24 2 years ago

I’m on Sara’s list for an LE. Owned an AFMrLE and loved it. It was the best built pin I’ve ever owned (after they sent me the skill shot fix-Thanks for the support LTG!). And the topper? Best there ever was! I’m very much looking forward to another fantastic playing/looking pin.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

.., does the interactivity display on the screen too - rendering the topper a non-necessity?

Obviously no topper is a necessity; and this one liek aboot as Orange County Choppers as you can get.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It looks like PPS has emailed those on their LE list who have guaranteed spots:
CCR LE update:
The game has just been announced at Chicago Expo. If you got this message, you have the chance to buy the CCR LE from us.
We (PPS) need the weekend to get the proper information ready to send out (pricing, features, how to order, etc.), so please be patient and have peace of mind that you are on our “guaranteed to buy” list.
Our next email to you should be early next week (Tues/Wed), at that time you can read about the game details and make your deposit (you may already have some info if you attended Expo).
Deposits will be the usual $1,000 to hold your spot until your game is ready. If you got this message then you will have plenty of time to put your deposit in.
Please do not ask what spot in line you are at this time.
If you are not going to order from us (PPS) please reply back at any time and ask to be removed from this list.
Thank you again!
[email protected]

I have gotten the other emails from PPS but not this one, that worries me a bit. I had contact months ago from another distributor so we will see I guess.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Who said this? I just watched the You Tube stream from Cary Hardy, and I don't see any difference at all in Toys. Start watching around minute 25.

There is just a missing mine cart from the top of the Mine. 100% cosmetic, but everything else appears to move fully. Are you aware of something else?

I'm thinking this might be an SE buy for me as well.

#28 2 years ago

Just put down a LE non refundable deposit. Looks amazing.

#29 2 years ago

I didn’t mention this in my initial post but the prospect of having an an additional version of the game by Lyman, even at extra cost, is what pushed my needle from “maybe an SE sometime” to “want an LE now”.

Lyman did incredible work on Batman and Elvira and I have no doubt he’ll do the same with Cactus Canyon.

#30 2 years ago

Are the SE's eligible for the Lyman code update or is it only the LEs?

#31 2 years ago

Anyone have other feature updates other than what is in the first post?

[I’ll update this list in the original post as more information is received]

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Are the SE's eligible for the Lyman code update or is it only the LEs?

If I heard correctly that will be an additional paid option for either version.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone have other feature updates?
Special Edition:
Extra Large Color LCD Display with Full Color High Resolution Graphics
Stainless steel trim
Limited Edition:
Extra Large Color LCD Display with Full Color High Resolution Graphics
Wood gun arch
Special LE trim
Shaker Motor included
Interactive topper with Shooting Gallery mini-game

Mine cart on top of mine and railroad tracks for train ramp.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Butch walked me through the differences. Just the mining cart on top of the mine from a toy perspective from what he said and that's all I could find.

Edit: also, railroad ties on train track

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are pretty solid out of the box.
MBR had a few Frank mechs that needed a dab of oil on the metal moving parts. And MMR, AFMR, and MBR, had a couple displays that needed the cable reseated and stuck back in.
From my tech support experience.

I had a non-working plasma disc behind the Bride on MBr, took a while for replacement but it did come through. Edwin is a class act.

#37 2 years ago

So if the game already comes with expanded rules, what exactly is Lyman doing? Alternate replacement game rules?

#38 2 years ago

Says topper is LE only…during presentation he said they are undecided on that in terms of it being a possible upgrade for SE.

#39 2 years ago

#40 2 years ago

Weird that the models have a different warranty.

(As per the features matrix)

rd

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Pretty sure CGC has done the same with the three previous titles

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

My MMRRE is has a two year warranty too.

#43 2 years ago

Updated first post with additional feature information

#44 2 years ago

Guess the le trim will b different than the one revealed as it says it's just a basic black and not what was shown .....or maybe a possible option like afmr? Wonder if u can just get the stainless ? Hope some better details get released..

#45 2 years ago

No seeing any details on the expanded finished code. Did they talk about that in detail at all?

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No seeing any details on the expanded finished code. Did they talk about that in detail at all?

Same. Is there a link to Ryans “power” presentation from Expo? Understand it was inspiring…

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there a link to Ryans “power” presentation from Expo? Understand it was inspiring…

It’s the worst Expo presentation I’ve ever seen. The Dialed In reveal will now be remembered as awesome in comparison.

What's Happening at Chicago Gaming / Ryan White
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1190177331?t=07h01m00s

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He mentioned that Bionic Bart had been implemented. That’s about it.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Appears they worked content in from the CCC mod:

Quoted from epthegeek:

They did work out a deal with me; but how much of what I did they choose to use isn’t up to me.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Appears they worked content in from the CCC mod:

They have the ability to. No confirmation on whether they did.

CCC is incredible and I would love to see some of it in CCr, especially the tributes to other Williams games and drunk multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread?hl=mrcleanhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.