D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I wonder if CCr will have a drunk Multiball with reversed flippers

Continued code if I recall did something like that and was fun as hell

Not in the code released with the game. Who knows what future code may bring.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I wonder if CCr will have a drunk Multiball with reversed flippers

Continued code if I recall did something like that and was fun as hell

Lyman, if you are tuning in, the game needs a special “pineapple mode”

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lyman, if you are tuning in, the game needs a special “pineapple mode”

Kinda like an Easter Egg!

#354 2 years ago

Where does the pineapple go?

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LTG : )

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gifD27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
#358 2 years ago

My company Starcade Amusement is field testing the #7 prototype at our Playfield 76 location. I am one of the two techs maintaining the machine. We are doing a launch party tonight and I am checking the machine over before the event.
roger with cactus (resized).jpgroger with cactus (resized).jpg

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerb:

My company Starcade Amusement is field testing the #7 prototype at our Playfield 76 location. I am one of the two techs maintaining the machine. We are doing a launch party tonight and I am checking the machine over before the event.
[quoted image]

Good to hear!
Keep us up to date on audits and how it is holding up along the way.

#360 2 years ago

Link to the live stream at 8 MST:

https://fb.me/e/4xqW6rMy5

Will be posted to YouTube later

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Dang, I certainly appreciate his effort, but that stream is quite painful to watch.

#362 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

terrible

#363 2 years ago

It’s back and better. I dropped about 12 minutes into the second stream.

Appreciate the effort but impossible to get the playfield, display and topper in the same shot with a cell phone. The bar lighting and acoustics didn’t help either. The new dots look incredible though.

#364 2 years ago

Rough around the edges for sure but I wouldn't say terrible. Sure it wasn't 4k 120hz Dolby Vision/Atmos but it was enough to see modes, dots, and shots.

Thankful they did this.

#365 2 years ago

Anyone have SE shipping invoices from their distributor yet?

#366 2 years ago

Skimmed through the video. It looks like there are little timed modes for completing a major shot ‘tree’. I saw “Ride ‘EM cowboy” on the right orbit shot. Maybe Marksman is a similar mode?

Didn’t see much of the Bionic Bart mode. Still very curious about that.

Also the game is having some switch issues. Hopefully that will get fixed.

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Anyone have SE shipping invoices from their distributor yet?

Not me.

#368 2 years ago

Sharing this post by Doug from the bitch thread. Oooops, I mean hype thread. The information about the clearcoat was particularly informative!

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Screen printing and silk screening are just different names for the same thing. In this process each layer of ink is put down separately by pushing ink through a silkscreen onto whatever media you are printing on.
Typically screen printing utilizes 4-color process (aka CMYK) which utilizes cyan, magenta, yellow and black ink to create the appearance of a limited gamut of colors. Playfields typically screened CMYK utilize six silk screens (white, C, M, Y, K and opaque black). Solvent based inks are used when silk screening playfields.
We have screen printed all remakes utilizing spot colors as was done for the original games. Utilizing spot colors provides a much wider color gamut. Instead of colors being represented by a mix of C, M, Y or K dots, the color you are seeing is achieved by mixing each ink to the specific color desired. Another upside to spot colors is a richer appearance as the solid colors tend to fully flood an area instead of appearing as small dots. The downside of spot colors is efficiency. Our previous remakes have required 12 to 14 screening operations. Each operation needs to be near perfectly registered to the previous layer of silk screen ink.
The other downside of silk screening playfields is the skill level required.
I believe the other playfield manufacturers are digitally printing playfields and sometimes digitally printing and then adding a single screen printed spot color. Digital printing equipment puts down all four colors (CMYK) in a single pass. Digital inks are UV cured which mean they dry instantly. Most digital printers are 4-color process. Registration between the colors is never an issue and loading a digital press requires almost no skill.
I believe all playfield manufacturers are using urethane clear coats. Some are using automotive grade urethanes which are widely available and less expensive. We still use the same supplier and material as Williams/Bally did. This product was initially developed to coat the heads of wooden golf clubs by a chemist named Dale Bodiker. He found a way to formulate a urethane hard coat that would remain flexible over time. We have looked for another product with similar characteristics but have been unable to find anything that remains flexible.
Urethane is extremely sensitive to certain contaminants. UV inks are typically produced by the manufacturer of the printing equipment. I have looked into digital printing equipment but have been unable to find digital inks specifically formulated for use with urethane. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist. We purchase solvent based inks mixed to our specifications which include purity level requirements.

#369 2 years ago

I just heard from Sara@PPS that my SE+ was upgraded to an LE! Woo hoo!

#370 2 years ago

I just sent in my deposit for an LE, now just sit back and wait.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I just heard from Sara@PPS that my SE+ was upgraded to an LE! Woo hoo!

so ten more pages of I have to email PP and complain that I'm not allowed to get an LE so you shouldn't get one either .

congratulations but if it were me would have celebrated in silence !

enjoy the LE

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so ten more pages of I have to email PP and complain that I'm not allowed to get an LE so you shouldn't get one either .
congratulations but if it were me would have celebrated in silence !
enjoy the LE

Good point, I guess I was stirring the pot a bit. But, I was on the LE list and just missed the initial cutoff. I ordered the SE+ as soon as I could, and only got an LE because enough people dropped out.

So, thanks for all of the complaining, I guess. It might have been why someone cancelled and I was able to get in.

#373 2 years ago

Good video (4+ minutes) showing CCr game play. Well lit, very clear sound.

#374 2 years ago

Cool, looks great! I just hope Cowboys vs Aliens eventually makes an appearance in the new code like it did in CCC...

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Good point, I guess I was stirring the pot a bit. But, I was on the LE list and just missed the initial cutoff. I ordered the SE+ as soon as I could, and only got an LE because enough people dropped out.
So, thanks for all of the complaining, I guess. It might have been why someone cancelled and I was able to get in.

It’s all good. Pinsides way of saying congrats. Silence here is worse than complaining.

#376 2 years ago

I don't suppose anyone has heard any updates on progress over at CGC have they?

#377 2 years ago

All quiet on the western front.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

All quiet on the western front.

I figured as much. Both threads have gone pretty silent. I'd be ecstatic to have my SE in the first run, whenever that may be.

#379 2 years ago

Based on previous comments there should already be games boxed and ready to go if “SEs start shipping in November” is true. But other than knowing there are/were 850+ playfields ready and that they are waiting on topper parts we can only go by what CGC has told their distributors which isn’t much.

I’d love to see pics from the line but that would inevitably cause impatient owners to bombard distributors with “When will my game ship?” questions. Some may have unrealistic expectations- assuming CGC builds around 60 games a week that means it’ll take about 5 months to build the LEs. Say they start building in December, most won’t have their games until March. As for SEs I hope there’s a few hundred out before Christmas but bet that the majority aren’t out until next year given the holidays, possible supply chain delays and the trucker shortage.

Doug posted periodic production updates for past games; I hope that continues with CCr.

And I’d love to see some good high-res marketing photos by Thanksgiving.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Based on previous comments there should already be games boxed and ready to go if “SEs start shipping in November” is true. But other than knowing there are/were 850+ playfields ready and that they are waiting on topper parts we can only go by what CGC has told their distributors which isn’t much.
I’d love to see pics from the line but that would inevitably cause impatient owners to bombard distributors with “When will my game ship?” questions. Some may have unrealistic expectations- assuming CGC builds around 60 games a week that means it’ll take about 5 months to build the LEs. Say they start building in December, most won’t have their games until March. As for SEs I hope there’s a few hundred out before Christmas but bet that the majority aren’t out until next year given the holidays, possible supply chain delays and the trucker shortage.
Doug posted periodic production updates for past games; I hope that continues with CCr.
And I’d love to see some good high-res marketing photos by Thanksgiving.

I need a flyer for my game room wall.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I need a flyer for my game room wall.

i just ordered an original from PPS this week.... 7 bucks and youve got one. make a topper photo and print it out as a sticker if u got an LE and u want it to match ;-P

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

i just ordered an original from PPS this week.... 7 bucks and youve got one. make a topper photo and print it out as a sticker if u got an LE and u want it to match ;-P

Got mine!

ED7E46C5-3749-4585-8E28-82656A974ED3 (resized).jpegED7E46C5-3749-4585-8E28-82656A974ED3 (resized).jpeg
#383 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I kinda want a remake flyer...

Maybe I can get one from CGC.

#384 2 years ago

I don't know if they make them ?

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if they make them ?

Usually Distributors make them up for the shows they went to?

I wonder if Kingpin made up any?

#386 2 years ago

My distributor told me they weren’t being printed/sent to dealers any more. I don’t know if that is specific to CCr or just a general comment.

I emailed Ryan at CGC a couple weeks ago asking about flyers and high res photos but didn’t hear anything back. If there are indeed no printed flyers I hope CGC will at least create art for them so we can print our own. It would be a shame to see flyers disappear from the industry.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

My distributor told me they weren’t being printed/sent to dealers any more. I don’t know if that is specific to CCr or just a general comment.
I emailed Ryan at CGC a couple weeks ago asking about flyers and high res photos but didn’t hear anything back. If there are indeed no printed flyers I hope CGC will at least create art for them so we can print our own. It would be a shame to see flyers disappear from the industry.

Wow, interesting to hear this.

#388 2 years ago

LoserKid Pinball Podcast talks with Josh Sharpe about the additional code package they are developing for Cactus Canyon Remake in the first half of this episode:

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-73-big-bad-bart-with-josh-sharpe

Some highlights:

Josh had already been working on the CCr project for a few years and was surprised when CGC made the announcement that Lyman was coming on board. He sends ideas and comments but Lyman’s doing all the work.

CGC had a 100+ page design document for CCr and a big part was how should the game should be finished. Since it was a remake of a 90’s game they felt it was important to keep the “Williams charm” and focus on story and entertainment to create an emotional connection quickly with a wide demographic of players rather than cater primarily to a top tier of tournament players.

It sounds like the Lyman/Josh package will be an extension of existing game play using the world of Cactus Canyon and not a whole new game. They spoke at length to members of the original design team to get an idea of what they had in mind, with Eric on what he had done with Continued and were surprised at how much unused sound and speech there was in the original ROMs. They spent a lot of time getting backstory on the characters and doing a deep dive on the artwork to be able to draw the story into the rules.

Josh compared the software project as putting together a puzzle to complete the game and comparing it to a tree where the Williams code is the tree trunk, the CGC enhanced code added branches with Lyman’s package adding every leaf possible. There is new music and the possibility of additional speech being by the original talent though nothing has been recorded yet. The optional package will be a complete vision rather than a series of incremental releases like we have seen with Stern over time.

Josh was a bit coy when asked if the new code would add code for the topper noting that it was already very well integrated into the CGC code base. Turns out the topper was Doug Duba’s idea.

An interesting listen. Josh talks more about process and vision to truly complete Cactus Canyon rather than specifics of new game play. Worth the time if you like that kind of stuff.

#389 2 years ago

Awesome! Can’t wait to listen

#390 2 years ago

Listened to it yesterday, really just added to the excitement!

#391 2 years ago

It was very encouraging to hear that they were sticking to the original vision. The charm and humor of CC is a huge part of why I’ve been so looking forward to this release.

“Honey just shoot anything” still makes me smile.

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LoserKid Pinball Podcast talks with Josh Sharpe about the additional code package they are developing for Cactus Canyon Remake in the first half of this episode:
https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-73-big-bad-bart-with-josh-sharpe
Some highlights:
Josh had already been working on the CCr project for a few years and was surprised when CGC made the announcement that Lyman was coming on board. He sends ideas and comments but Lyman’s doing all the work.
CGC had a 100+ page design document for CCr and a big part was how should the game should be finished. Since it was a remake of a 90’s game they felt it was important to keep the “Williams charm” and focus on story and entertainment to create an emotional connection quickly with a wide demographic of players rather than cater primarily to a top tier of tournament players.
It sounds like the Lyman/Josh package will be an extension of existing game play using the world of Cactus Canyon and not a whole new game. They spoke at length to members of the original design team to get an idea of what they had in mind, with Eric on what he had done with Continued and were surprised at how much unused sound and speech there was in the original ROMs. They spent a lot of time getting backstory on the characters and doing a deep dive on the artwork to be able to draw the story into the rules.
Josh compared the software project as putting together a puzzle to complete the game and comparing it to a tree where the Williams code is the tree trunk, the CGC enhanced code added branches with Lyman’s package adding every leaf possible. There is new music and the possibility of additional speech being by the original talent though nothing has been recorded yet. The optional package will be a complete vision rather than a series of incremental releases like we have seen with Stern over time.
Josh was a bit coy when asked if the new code would add code for the topper noting that it was already very well integrated into the CGC code base. Turns out the topper was Doug Duba’s idea.
An interesting listen. Josh talks more about process and vision to truly complete Cactus Canyon rather than specifics of new game play. Worth the time if you like that kind of stuff.

I also gave this a listen last night and as well totally excited about this game and the additional code being implemented

Hoping to hear anything this week from CGC as they stated shipping in November and were running out of November

Anyways still on board for LE and no regrets

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Some highlights:

Thanks for posting this! Worth the read even tho I listened to it as well.
The new code they are working on sounds perfect to me.

#394 2 years ago

David Marston interviews Ryan White about Cactus Canyon Remake at Pintastic.

Nothing new for anyone who has been following closely but a very good summary of what the remake is, the code enhancements, what Lyman and Josh are doing, upgrades to the game and the CGC process. Video opens with the SDTM teaser video then moves to the session. Great audio/video quality.

#395 2 years ago

Looking forward to seeing some shipped games very soon.

#396 2 years ago

Most excited for a new release I’ve been in a long time. HWN is a year away, so this title hopefully 6 months? We will see. CGC will have a busy season this winter.

#397 2 years ago

PPS sent this out to those who ordered CCr from them:

“To: Cactus Canyon Remake LE, SE+, SE Game Customers
CCR Mirrored Backglasses will be available for Cactus Canyon Remake customers.
These will be ‘original’ style artwork – including the Bally logo – same artwork base as on the original Cactus Canyon game.
They will be $249+shipping and will expected to be available in Q1 2022.”

And followed up with this:

“ PPS have communicated within the last few days to the CGC Cactus Canyon Remake reseller's - they will (we assume) reach out to their CCR customers at some point to gather up their needs to PPS. We are evaluating several different suppliers with different artwork design choices, and will make that choice soon as to who we use to make the product. Once we have the proofs that will be shown. The request/order is between the reseller and the CCR customer, and then we will deal directly with PPS customers as well as with the resellers to ship/fulfill orders particular to each reseller. There is time, so nobody needs to panic.
Team PPS”

This still does not answer the question of how non-PPS customers can get a backglass if their reseller/distributor does not place an order. Some distributors have sent notes to their customers. I’m going to reach out to mine to express interest.

#398 2 years ago

Come to Pincinnati and play CCr this weekend!!

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come to Pincinnati and play CCr this weekend!!

Get some good video/pics for those of us that can’t come and bribe someone to let you take pics with the glass off and underneath the playfield

And have fun playing the game. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Get some good video/pics for those of us that can’t come and bribe someone to let you take pics with the glass off and underneath the playfield
And have fun playing the game. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

I’ll try tomorrow night. After that, I get zero time to play pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread/page/8?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.