D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 2 years ago

From Doug:

“I ppreciate Rick’s responsiveness in opening mirrored backglass sales to all CCr customers.

We are having discussions with all dealers regarding a loyalty program that would provide existing remake customers an opportunity order future games before they are offered to the general public.“

#302 2 years ago

We are really excited for the mirrored backlgass. Going all in on other offerings listed in the email as well. I wonder what artwork they will end up selling?

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From PPS:
“ The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball”
Backglass-gate avoided. Cactus Canyon may be a great game, but the announcement and rollout left a lot to be desired.

I love a true mirrored backglass. I wonder when they'll have them available and what the cost will be. May have to grab one for my Fish Tales as well.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I love a true mirrored backglass. I wonder when they'll have them available and what the cost will be. May have to grab one for my Fish Tales as well.

Got them on all my pins too. CPR really trashed the translite look forever!

#305 2 years ago

I'm really torn on this SE+ thing. While the topper looks nice, with the price being the same as an LE it seems like it's just rubbing your face in the fact you missed the boat on the LE. And what really sucks is a good portion of the LE's were purchased to flip, which always annoys me anyway.
Also, if they're making as many toppers as are wanted, does that really maintain the price of the SE+ if it comes to resale?

#306 2 years ago

So just reading about this SE+ thing. Is it the same price as the LE though? I guess the incentive then for those that got the LE are all the “free” things it comes with compared to SE+? Surprised it’s priced the same amount although I think it’s great they’re offering that topper.

#307 2 years ago

I wish I could not order this, but it’s way the fuck too fun not to. 9,000 paid all up front for an SE cuz idgaf

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So just reading about this SE+ thing. Is it the same price as the LE though? I guess the incentive then for those that got the LE are all the “free” things it comes with compared to SE+? Surprised it’s priced the same amount although I think it’s great they’re offering that topper.

Both games look great. If I consider the stern model and the fact to get my Mando topper will probably be $1250 on top of the price of the LE, it is nice that it was included on CCr LE. I bet the sculpted wood apron looks much better in person. Also, there are still only 1,250 LE models and "unlimited" SE+ as well as SE (can we just go ahead and call SE+ the SE and the SE the CE?).

Would've been nice to have the mirrored backglass included with LE and slap a dumb hologram on it... then let CPR continue to sell their reproduction mirrored backglasses to everyone else.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Warbleboopie:

I wish I could not order this, but it’s way the fuck too fun not to. 9,000 paid all up front for an SE cuz idgaf

Hey, people here might shame your for your idgaf bragging attitude. In the words of another, less "fortunate" pinsider, there are some "fragile egos" here that cannot tolerate success or anyone speaking freely about it.

So here's to you!

Can't wait to add this to our game room.

#310 2 years ago

For those LE buyers interested in a specific number -

I asked CGC about getting a particular number but that option is available only to customers owning of all three previous remakes.

If anyone ends up with number 903 and is interested in trading my arch/plaque for yours I’ll make it worth your time

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I asked CGC about getting a particular number but that option is available only to customers owning of all three previous remakes.
If anyone ends up with number 903 and is interested in trading my arch/plaque for yours I’ll make it worth your time

Thanks…I’ve spoken to my distributor and they have no clue on what to do for this.

So what is the process to make this happen? This distributor doesn’t have any proof that I have purchased the previous 3.

Unfortunately I believe that each game has the S/N on the backbox too.

If anyone ends up with #034…I’d like to trade you for it.

Robert

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, that's what Doug told me. The policy w/ PPS, up until now, was whoever has the latest remake, has "ownership" of that particular LE #. That's how I got matching numbers for my MMr & MBr. The guy that has the same # for AFM didn't buy the MBr, so I was able to "take over" that number on my MBr.

It's a shame that the policy has changed.

#313 2 years ago

I'm on the lookout for #437.

#314 2 years ago

Maybe it would be a good thing to start an apron swap thread for CCrLE

#315 2 years ago

I would love to have #131

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Maybe it would be a good thing to start an apron swap thread for CCrLE

You think you’d have to swap the whole apron or just the badge? The whole Apron would be a a little work plus no game til the switch is actually done for both sides plus crazy shipping. If it’s just the badge I’ll start a thread ! I’m on the lookout for 343 if my request to match isn’t going to happen from factory

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

You think you’d have to swap the whole apron or just the badge? The whole Apron would be a a little work plus no game til the switch is actually done for both sides plus crazy shipping. If it’s just the badge I’ll start a thread ! I’m on the lookout for 343 if my request to match isn’t going to happen from factory

If you at the pictures from MGC the under the number plate is 2 screws that hold it down. The number part I'm guessing pops of easily and you could just trade that. It's also probably super easy to have it made.

#319 2 years ago

Thanks for starting the thread PinballGalore !

I was downstairs looking for my NOS autographed translite from 1999. Found it. (thought Matt had signed it too, but obviously not).

I’d like to get a mirrored backglass too but putting this in my game will be a nice nod to the original. And my wife appreciates history so maybe she will give me a break for keeping this 22 years … might hurt to pull off the film after all this time though.

31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg

#320 2 years ago

That is too cool! I love stuff like that and I would def put it in the game, but then there’s that mirrored backglass… yeaaaa, decisions decisions

#321 2 years ago

So I heard CGC took down the CC mirrored back glass from their site, anyone has a good picture of it to post up so we can check it out?

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

So I heard CGC took down the CC mirrored back glass from their site, anyone has a good picture of it to post up so we can check it out?

It wasnt on the CGC site. It's a Classic Playfield Reproductions product. Anyway.... here you go.

cactus01 (resized).jpgcactus01 (resized).jpg
#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It's a Classic Playfield Reproductions product.[quoted image]

I hope the PPS version will still have the Bally logo, but I suspect not.

If anyone has a CPR mirrored version they are willing to sell, please PM me.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope the PPS version will still have the Bally logo, but I suspect not.

If anyone has a CPR mirrored version they are willing to sell, please PM me.

I think you are right. Odd that the reproduction backglass can have the logo but the machines cant.

#325 2 years ago

This image shows the elements that are mirrored.

cactusglassmirror (resized).jpgcactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
#326 2 years ago

Man that backglass looks nice. I just put a CPR in my Elvira and the Party Monsters, and the quality/fitment is top notch.

#327 2 years ago

Comments from Doug_Duba in the hype thread. IMO a must read for any owner.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/70#post-6594272

Doug also clarified the build order:

“ SEs will be built until topper parts arrive and then we will build primary LEs, followed by SE+s.”

#328 2 years ago

I really think CGC should have at least matched the longer warranty with the $1250 topper SE+ decision. Very disappointed, one of the big selling points for me in addition to the LE extras is the longer warranty, this comes from an AFM LE, and MMR royal buyer. Shame, shame.

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from Bt67:

I really think CGC should have at least matched the longer warranty with the $1250 topper SE+ decision. Very disappointed, one of the big selling points for me in addition to the LE extras is the longer warranty, this comes from an AFM LE, and MMR royal buyer. Shame, shame.

I am a big fan of everything CGC does, even their non pinball stuff, but I agree with the sentiment here. I think they should stand behind all their products equally. Their build quality is the best I have ever seen and the one time I did have an issue they fixed it very quickly. I doubt it would cost them much money to offer the same lever of service on all their tiers.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from Bt67:

one of the big selling points for me in addition to the LE extras is the longer warranty

I agree but would prefer to see the woulda shoulda coulda discussion stay in the hype thread and keep this thread focused on the games as announced.

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree but would prefer to see the woulda shoulda coulda discussion stay in the hype thread and keep this thread focused on the games as announced.

So are you sayin woulda, shoulda, and coulda, are not included?? WTH!

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So are you sayin woulda, shoulda, and coulda, are not included?? WTH!

There’s plenty of all three for everyone over in the hype thread

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup. I'm sick of that thread. It seems all most people want to do is complain about the topper (being included in an SE, or not being included), the warranties, the Lyman code (how much will it cost), blah, blah, blah. There's no pleasing some people. By all accounts, this is an incredible game offered at a decent price, a quality build by a customer friendly company. Let's leave the bitching to the other thread (which I'm no longer following) and keep this thread focused on the excitement we buyers have for this soon-to-be-delivered game.

#335 2 years ago

It wasnt on the CGC site. It's a Classic Playfield Reproductions product. Anyway.... here you go.[quoted image]

Do there repros fit onto the Remakes? If so would probably pick up for all the CGCs.

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Do there repros fit onto the Remakes? If so would probably pick up for all the CGCs.

Yes if fits.

No you can't get any as PPS (the licensor) has changed the licensing arrangement with CPR and only PPS will now sell the bg. Only to true owners of the remake(how they do that is still TBD), and only 1 bg per owner. They are trying to cut off the DB flippers.

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes if fits.
No you can't get any as PPS (the licensor) has changed the licensing arrangement with CPR and only PPS will now sell the bg. Only to true owners of the remake(how they do that is still TBD), and only 1 bg per owner. They are trying to cut off the DB flippers.

They still have MMR, AFM, and Monster Bash on their website. I was asking in reference to those. I know CCR is no longer listed.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

They still have MMR, AFM, and Monster Bash on their website. I was asking in reference to those. I know CCR is no longer listed.

Im sure they will reappear after the initial 2000 games are sent out.

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

No you can't get any as PPS (the licensor) has changed the licensing arrangement with CPR and only PPS will now sell the bg. Only to true owners of the remake(how they do that is still TBD), and only 1 bg per owner.

And I’m guessing the PPS version will have the Bally logo removed. Can’t think of any other reason they would have CPR stop selling their backglass.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And I’m guessing the PPS version will have the Bally logo removed. Can’t think of any other reason they would have CPR stop selling their backglass.

Maybe the logo is or can be displayed on the display area?

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe the logo is or can be displayed on the display area?

You can.

75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
#342 2 years ago

I’m excited to be getting an LE and my first NIB game! Those who already have a previous CGC title, would you recommend cabinet protectors for the legs?

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can.
[quoted image]

So, there is no need for the logo on CCr backglasses.

I guess you need it for original models only.

I havent had the time to go to playfield 76 yet and look at proto #7.

Maybe later this week.

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from binary01:

I’m excited to be getting an LE and my first NIB game! Those who already have a previous CGC title, would you recommend cabinet protectors for the legs?

They come factory installed.

#345 2 years ago

They come factory installed.

CGC really gives you a lot of what you need. Including mantis style protectors in the scoops etc.

I hope they remember to mylar the pops and drops, ad well as a piece at the scoop exit.

The game should be "turn key", ready to play. CGC has done a wonderful job on their games.

I hate tearing apart a brand new game just to put manditory mylars in.

#346 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to get in on an LE from PPS. I got my AFM and MB from PPS as my only ever NIB machines and they are bolted to the floor. Love CGC and can’t wait for my CCr

#347 2 years ago

Any current CGC owners recommend a playfield protector for CCr?

I put them on Batman 66 and Elvira to try and minimize issues some were having with those games and it’s worked out well, but curious on experiences with the remakes.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any current CGC owners recommend a playfield protector for CCr?
I put them on Batman 66 and Elvira to try and minimize issues some were having with those games and it’s worked out well, but curious on experiences with the remakes.

Put it in if you want.

Personally, Id rather swap the playfield down the road than have to play on the plastic surface.

It may be just me, but I find the difference in play unappealing.

Other than that, eveyone has a different opinion about plastic surfaces...

Playfields still dimple under the plastic, but not as much.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Put it in if you want.
Personally, Id rather swap the playfield down the road than have to play on the plastic surface.
It may be just me, but I find the difference in play unappealing.
Other than that, eveyone has a different opinion about plastic surfaces...
Playfields still dimple under the plastic, but not as much.

Very well said, and I second this sentiment.

#350 2 years ago

I wonder if CCr will have a drunk Multiball with reversed flippers

Continued code if I recall did something like that and was fun as hell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread/page/7?hl=linkboy74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.