D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Yeah, must be. The distributor claims “free shipping on all orders” and now lists the SE at $8349 on their website...so they must just add the shipping fee into the purchase price. That’s fine.

Ah! Gameroom Guys! They do that with everything.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

This is what my revised sales order shows:
Subtotal. $9,599.99
Shipping Cost (LTL). $0.00
Tax. $576.00
Total. $10,175.99
Have to think there’s many more pinsiders buying from this distributor, so was hoping someone would confirm they received the same and could explain.
I’ll wait a couple of days. If no one else confirms, I’ll check with the distributor next week. Since the LEs are in such demand, I’m not anxious to raise shit with the distributor about this right now. Yeah, FOMO’s a bitch.

Looks legit and they squeezed out a few extra bucks doing it this way and taxed the shipping.

#253 2 years ago

Video of game play at Playfield 76. Topper mode starts about 1:55 in (about 3 minutes total).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/57#post-6590036

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Movin’ in. I’ll be at the bar.
[quoted image]

Goldfield AZ??? It would be a hoot if CCr showed up in that saloon!!!

#255 2 years ago

Anyone ever heard of this turkey?

Screenshot_20211105-201751_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211105-201751_Chrome (resized).jpg
#256 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Speaking of code/hardware upgrade that will be announced in the future…. While most seem to think it’ll be the topper or the saloon doors, I’m thinking more “modern”. I find that the biggest difference between these classic B/W games and the current modern ones, is the “sight and sound”. Better quality stereo music, hd graphics on a large LCD. They could just replace the speaker panel and translite and make it look like the modern games (with new code of course). Tired of seeing these DMD emulations of dots. It was an art but it’s time to move on. Reboot with hd graphics.

I agree that we're thinking too small just focusing on a code update. When I first read about the Lyman upgrade, the first thing that popped into my mind was new alternate code with new video assets produced to the quality of Spike II Stern games. Remember, unlike past remakes, this game will be on the new CGC architecture, so I suspect that they've already built in the technology for better video and sound.

I purchased the original MMr which took years to come out. Later, I was able to upgrade to the topper and other goodies, but it cost a pretty penny. I suspect that given CGC's attention to detail and quality, we'll be offered more than a simple $200 code update once Lyman works his magic. But we probably don't have to worry about it until late 2023. Saloon doors would also be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. My guess is that we'll be looking at a $1,200 upgrade or thereabouts and it will be an amazing sight and sound experience.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 5.41.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-05 at 5.41.26 PM (resized).png
#258 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

He’s not listed on the Chicago Gaming Distributor list. “authorized reseller” - authorized by who?

The wording in his ad is suspect because even though different tiered dealers may get games at different wholesale prices the MSRP is still the same. Didn’t do a deep dive but the only Google review I saw says he’s a scammer. I would verify his status with CGC.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

“authorized reseller” - authorized by who?

I have on good authority he authorized himself.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

He hit me up on Facebook and pretty much said same thing.... im not willing to take a chance or pay the 11k . Seems off

#261 2 years ago

How many people are trying to get matching S/N’s?

Robert

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

How many people are trying to get matching S/N’s?
Robert

It would be nice to match my mmr le but I missed on afmr and mbr do not sure……

#263 2 years ago

Well, I sure hope there is some flipper code on the game that allows you to practice the topper shootout mode or I’m never gonna get to play

88886FF6-BBF8-4243-AA4E-5D816D669C61 (resized).jpeg88886FF6-BBF8-4243-AA4E-5D816D669C61 (resized).jpeg574B1E87-81F5-4E5D-85EF-DF2E2E6A746C (resized).jpeg574B1E87-81F5-4E5D-85EF-DF2E2E6A746C (resized).jpeg96FCABDB-914C-45E9-81C0-857F2CC73FEE (resized).jpeg96FCABDB-914C-45E9-81C0-857F2CC73FEE (resized).jpegA4EDDD68-F2C8-46F4-8393-4C7E00FA1882 (resized).jpegA4EDDD68-F2C8-46F4-8393-4C7E00FA1882 (resized).jpeg
#264 2 years ago

Edit. Others posted the guy was a scam

#265 2 years ago

The poll says that over 150 have ordered either the LE or SE so far with over 10% of the LE orders so far represented here.

A lot of lurkers though. Don’t be shy - why did you order Cactus Canyon?

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

This is what my revised sales order shows:
Subtotal. $9,599.99
Shipping Cost (LTL). $0.00
Tax. $576.00
Total. $10,175.99
Have to think there’s many more pinsiders buying from this distributor, so was hoping someone would confirm they received the same and could explain.
I’ll wait a couple of days. If no one else confirms, I’ll check with the distributor next week. Since the LEs are in such demand, I’m not anxious to raise shit with the distributor about this right now. Yeah, FOMO’s a bitch.

Same thing happened to me.

The distributor called me earlier today saying they got wrong information from CGC initially and needed to update the price to the same $9599.99.

They have the SE listed on their site for $350 more than what CGC has as the MSRP too. I'm guessing it's to cover the 'free shipping' costs.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Yeah, must be. The distributor claims “free shipping on all orders” and now lists the SE at $8349 on their website...so they must just add the shipping fee into the purchase price. That’s fine.
My wife was on the road when she got the call from the distributor. She thought the distributor said the msrp would be corrected on CGC’s site shortly; but is now admitting that the distributor may have said it would be updated on their website shortly.
Sorry for false alarm.

CGC themselves charges a $150 drop ship fee.

The distributer may additionally add the shipping cost on top of that.

#268 2 years ago

They are right. Shipping is free… for them.

#269 2 years ago

Ya from pps is it msrp plus shipping. So for most it will Be around 9500.

I’ve only played CC on the pinball arcade. It seems fun! I had a handful of hard games in my collection and to get my family more involved and excited about pinball I sold the games they didn’t like and have started to get games they did. Oddly that was MBr and I’m gonna try CCr. If CCr doesn’t do well I’ll sell for another remake. It’s funny how they find the 90’s Williams fun to play. They must of had a good recipe for making them.

#270 2 years ago

I'm in the club! Deposit paid on a LE from PPS. Requested to be on the list in June for an LE with my usual distributor and was assured I was.
Once announced in August I checked back with them and was told "they could not guarantee anyone a game but I was high on the list".
That did not seem like a sure thing to me so I contacted Sara and got on thier list. Glad I did, they have been fantastic to work with.

So after game reveal I emailed my distributor to see if I was getting the game, no response back. I have purchased 5 NIB games from this distributor and they treat me like a stranger. I will not be using them ever again.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

I'm in the club! Deposit paid on a LE from PPS. Requested to be on the list in June for an LE with my usual distributor and was assured I was.
Once announced in August I checked back with them and was told "they could not guarantee anyone a game but I was high on the list".
That did not seem like a sure thing to me so I contacted Sara and got on thier list. Glad I did, they have been fantastic to work with.
So after game reveal I emailed my distributor to see if I was getting the game, no response back. I have purchased 5 NIB games from this distributor and they treat me like a stranger. I will not be using them ever again.

I wonder if we have the same distributor.

#272 2 years ago

For what it’s worth, my LE came to $9625. So, $9250 plus $400 shipping. No tax.

#273 2 years ago

Located in Connecticut.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

He’s not listed on the Chicago Gaming Distributor list. “authorized reseller” - authorized by who?
The wording in his ad is suspect because even though different tiered dealers may get games at different wholesale prices the MSRP is still the same. Didn’t do a deep dive but the only Google review I saw says he’s a scammer. I would verify his status with CGC.

I emailed Rick at Planetary Pinball and he verified that Roger at Starcade Amusements is a authorized reseller of the CCR LE and had an allocation to sell. So he is legit.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from aslong132:

I emailed Rick at Planetary Pinball and he verified that Roger at Starcade Amusements is a authorized reseller of the CCR LE and had an allocation to sell. So he is legit.

Though maybe not for long, Doug Duba says they will be cracking down on sellers who sell above MSRP...

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Doug Duba says they will be cracking down on sellers who sell above MSRP...

I believe he said distributors. Resellers might be out of his control.

LTG : )

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe he said distributors. Resellers might be out of his control.

What’s the difference between a distributor and an authorized reseller?

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What’s the difference between a distributor and an authorized reseller?

A distributor deals directly with the manufacturer. A reseller gets product from a distributor, not directly from the manufacturer.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A distributor deals directly with the manufacturer. A reseller gets product from a distributor, not directly from the manufacturer.

Roger is a reseller of PPS and a sub-dealer to sell the CCR, so everything there is legit. We had done an arrangement before the game was released so he has some games that are in our allocation he is selling, not sure what his price is but I'm sure it will be slightly higher as he purchase the allocation from PPS. But in this market it is at least a confirmed game.

#280 2 years ago

This is the email I received from Rick from PP.

#281 2 years ago

With all the scamming pinball websites popping up it would be nice if there was a list of authorized resellers by manufacturer.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

With all the scamming pinball websites popping up it would be nice if there was a list of authorized resellers by manufacturer.

I totally agree!

#283 2 years ago

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/61

#285 2 years ago

That is the list of distributors. CGC seems to also have some authorized resellers which they don't list anywhere.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

That is the list of distributors. CGC seems to also have some authorized resellers which they don't list anywhere.

Pretty odd its not on the same list

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Pretty odd its not on the same list

I agree, one list with all distributors and
re sellers would be nice.
There is a list on Planetary Pinball website of authorized resellers which PP has the sole rights to Bally/Williams Pinball machines

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

CGC seems to also have some authorized resellers which they don't list anywhere.

Because CGC didn't authorize them. Somebody else did.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A distributor deals directly with the manufacturer. A reseller gets product from a distributor, not directly from the manufacturer

Wait what ... so a distro can hold games give to reseller and perhaps get part of the boosted price ?

#290 2 years ago

From Doug:

“After discussions with our dealers and customers, we have decided to add an option to purchase CCr-SE with the topper. The CCr-SE+ will include all the features of CCr-SE plus the Wild West Shootout Topper. CCr-SE+ will retail for $9,250. Dealers will be initially allocated an equal number of this new model as their LE allocation. There are currently no plans to offer the topper separately.

CCr-LE will continue to have a number of exclusive features including: the Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.

We feel the topper is an important part of the game and want to provide CCr-SE owners an option to enjoy this experience.

We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the time to make this game to the best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent.

Any buyers that no longer feel CCr-LE is an exceptional value or feels they will derive less joy from the game due to others having access to the topper will be allowed to cancel their orders with dealers and receive a full refund of deposit money.”

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wait what ... so a distro can hold games give to reseller and perhaps get part of the boosted price ?

Not quite. Looks like Planetary Pinball is the only one to authorize a reseller. And Planetary is part of PPS/CGC making this possible.

What goes on between Planetary Pinball, their customers, their authorized distributor, is between them.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like Planetary Pinball is the only one to authorize a reseller.

Ah. That makes more sense.

#293 2 years ago

The features page has been updated with a new model - the SE+ which includes the topper.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon

I especially like that the required deposit amounts are listed and that distributors can’t require payment in full more than two weeks before ship date.

#294 2 years ago

Am I late to see this?
Would that make the topper $ 1,250?
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Am I late to see this?
[quoted image]

Only if you order it as part of the SE+. The topper isn’t going to sold separately. If you want the topper you need to get an LE or SE+.

#296 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#297 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Am I late to see this?
[quoted image]

Yes. $1250 you get the topper but no other LE features.

#298 2 years ago

From PPS:

“ The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.

Planetary Pinball”

Backglass-gate avoided. Cactus Canyon may be a great game, but the announcement and rollout left a lot to be desired.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From PPS:
“ The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball”
Backglass-gate avoided. Cactus Canyon may be a great game, but the announcement and rollout left a lot to be desired.

Son of a gun they bastardized my idea.

#300 2 years ago

This is all quite the cluster to watch.
CGC calms the waters right when PPS rolls out another program.
All is well but hope things go a bit more smoothly next time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread/page/6?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.