D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 2 years ago

First CCr is in the wild in Reno at Playfield 76 now thanks to PPS (a preproduction model). If there is anyone local check it out and let us know what you think!

Hope the first delivery of an production SE is posted here in the next week or so. Cannot wait for pics/video of the first unboxing!

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

True but we have LTG for that!

Sounds good to me. I'm ready for a nightmare.

Especially since I'm usually the last to know or get. I'll be warming up my BS.

LTG : )

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I suspect any 'hardware upgrade' will need to be easily field installable. CGC would probably regret shipping a hardware upgrade that required drilling, cutting or re-wiring of anything significant. The skill set require for success would be much more limited in their installed base, and it would result in a tech support nightmare.

Speaking of code/hardware upgrade that will be announced in the future…. While most seem to think it’ll be the topper or the saloon doors, I’m thinking more “modern”. I find that the biggest difference between these classic B/W games and the current modern ones, is the “sight and sound”. Better quality stereo music, hd graphics on a large LCD. They could just replace the speaker panel and translite and make it look like the modern games (with new code of course). Tired of seeing these DMD emulations of dots. It was an art but it’s time to move on. Reboot with hd graphics.

#204 2 years ago

I would be surprised if it were something like “sight and sound” that would require modifications to the head. An upgrade kit is not the best way to introduce a new display architecture/system, not to mention you would have to have multiple code paths for different physical displays.

I think it’s far more likely any hardware upgrades in the kit will be specific to Cactus Canyon itself and not remakes in general.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I prefer incandescent lighting over color changing GI but it doesn’t bother me there isn’t a classic edition.

MB SE and LE remake allows you to change GI from color changing to incandescent look in settings.
Imagine CCr will have a similar option.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First CCr is in the wild in Reno at Playfield 76 now thanks to PPS (a preproduction model). If there is anyone local check it out and let us know what you think!
Hope the first delivery of an production SE is posted here in the next week or so. Cannot wait for pics/video of the first unboxing!

I was hoping to see a factory shot with games being built

Hope to see this soon

#207 2 years ago

I was lucky and got one from GEX website. Shipping in 3 to 6 months? Has anyone LE number yet?

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I was lucky and got one from GEX website. Shipping in 3 to 6 months? Has anyone LE number yet?

The estimate on the Game Exchange deposit page was revised down to 6-12 weeks. Haven’t seen anything from Gexchange on CCr other than the confirmation email but I doubt JJ has any more info than what has already been posted - SEs begin shipping this month and LEs beginning in January.

#209 2 years ago

Oddly enough didn't think there was a chance in hell of getting the LE , emailed my distro yesterday and paid the deposit for an LE .
just lucky I guess!

#210 2 years ago

Posted by Doug in the hype thread a few minutes ago:

“ As publicly announced at launch, we have not decided if we will sell the Wild West Shootout Topper separately. I have had related discussions with most of our dealers and a number of customers. I will provide a clear answer on topper sales within the next two days. I fully recognize either decision will result in a number of people being upset.

Resale value of our games is important to us which is why we haven’t released LE features on previous projects. This is the first time an LE feature has affected the experience of game play which is why this decision requires additional consideration.
We work hard to deliver great product at fair prices to people that love pinball. I am troubled by scalpers and a few dealers holding back inventory to later sell at a higher price. In the future, we will do a better job getting LEs to loyal customers at intended prices. A number of your suggestions were helpful and will be used.

It takes great effort and a large amount of capital to develop and manufacture pinball machines. Many days of my life and the lives of all of our team members went into this project. We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the additional time to make this game to the very best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent. Because we have expended the effort and risk the capital we are afforded the right to make decisions on how we sell our products.

I appreciate having the opportunity to read most everyone’s opinion on both sides, it has been helpful. I need to disregard the few posts that border on bullying as I believe they are not representative of the pinball community.”

#211 2 years ago

After reading “this changes the game experience” I believe the topper will be for sale!

#212 2 years ago

Doug correctly notes that whatever the decision is it will upset many. Don’t envy him and hope the fallout stays in the hype thread.

Im far more interested in seeing folks that have actually ordered games start to get them so we can start getting first hand experience with the game!

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doug correctly notes that whatever the decision is it will upset many. Don’t envy him and hope the fallout stays in the hype thread.
Im far more interested in seeing folks that have actually ordered games start to get them so we can start getting first hand experience with the game!

Yup, I can't handle that other thread anymore. I'm not going to call it the "hype" thread, because that's not what's going on over there. It's unfortunate that Doug from CGC apparently posts his updates there. Please keep us updated.

#214 2 years ago

I’ve mentioned this thread to both Doug and Ryan and hope they will contribute here.

I plan to summarize anything from the other thread that might be significant to those that have actually ordered or received the game and hope that I can remove “Pre-“ from the thread title very soon. Hopefully anyone who gets their SE soon posts here first …

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

hope that I can remove “Pre-“ from the thread title very soon.

It will remain in the URL.

#216 2 years ago

they should just make all the topper and kits available then for all past games and bask in the money

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

they should just make all the topper and kits available then for all past games and bask in the money

B1C14C12-F550-4F2B-AE8A-2CF971194F52 (resized).jpegB1C14C12-F550-4F2B-AE8A-2CF971194F52 (resized).jpeg
#218 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

And give up on new pins ?

A company can only do so much.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Especially with logistics. Returning to produce things from the past would only happen if the line had a pause in production. From my understanding, either the line is moving or people aren't working.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Making toppers can’t block the line of new games they are so small but filled with gold!

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Making toppers can’t block the line of new games

Tying up money, assembly line, and people. And MBR Universal licensing.

Quoted from northvibe:

they are so small but filled with gold!

New pins will be filled with more. A lot more.

#222 2 years ago

Well they’re about to for ccr. Mind as well throw the other toppers in the line

#223 2 years ago

Movin’ in. I’ll be at the bar.

28F7E911-6D38-4889-A4E5-5BC7E582CEA6 (resized).jpeg28F7E911-6D38-4889-A4E5-5BC7E582CEA6 (resized).jpeg
#224 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well they’re about to for ccr.

We don't know that yet. One way or the other.

Quoted from northvibe:

Mind as well throw the other toppers in the line

Not likely. Especially the one for MBR

#225 2 years ago

An awesome look inside the Churchill cabinet / cgc building!! Amazing!!

https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/churchill/index.html

#226 2 years ago

I'm am just floored how vast cgc is.

#227 2 years ago

Still no reports/videos for the machine on location at Playfield 76?

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I havent seen anything yet.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

In the spirit of the old west, I’ll offer a bounty of $50 in beer money to the first Sheriff that goes to that Cactus Canyon, plays at least 5 games and provides a detailed review of the game along with pictures of it. Review and pics to be posted in this thread only.

#230 2 years ago

In with an LE, I can finally say it after having my deposit received and confirmed. It’s been a FUN week, I love the thrill of the hype!

#231 2 years ago

Incase people missed these from PPS

super stoked

In for an LE

445F39D3-708E-474F-97B0-49F5F6AE7C31 (resized).jpeg445F39D3-708E-474F-97B0-49F5F6AE7C31 (resized).jpeg591B0CDC-EED9-4BF0-BA99-3B2035D13ABA (resized).jpeg591B0CDC-EED9-4BF0-BA99-3B2035D13ABA (resized).jpeg74B66D65-E4A6-450E-8F43-765CE0E9493F (resized).jpeg74B66D65-E4A6-450E-8F43-765CE0E9493F (resized).jpegD5FD068A-3AC2-4A64-BCAB-DFED768B1713 (resized).jpegD5FD068A-3AC2-4A64-BCAB-DFED768B1713 (resized).jpegE639095C-A4FB-4291-8FE1-CE7B93896B1B (resized).jpegE639095C-A4FB-4291-8FE1-CE7B93896B1B (resized).jpegE83DC4AA-2AB0-4F5F-BCB4-A6DCD378E675 (resized).jpegE83DC4AA-2AB0-4F5F-BCB4-A6DCD378E675 (resized).jpeg

#232 2 years ago

So…have any other LE buyers just been notified that CGC published the wrong price for the LE’s?

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

So…have any other LE buyers just been notified that CGC published the wrong price for the LE’s?

huh?

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

If so

Serious bad on them and EVERY distributor

Where is this posted ??

6EA63CFA-AD12-4553-9DE3-53B21232E493 (resized).png6EA63CFA-AD12-4553-9DE3-53B21232E493 (resized).png
#235 2 years ago
#236 2 years ago

Not going to name names. Beginning to be worried that I’ve been scammed. We’ll see…doesn’t make sense though, cause they’re not charging any additional down payment.

Let me know if anyone else hears something.

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Not going to name names. Beginning to be worried that I’ve been scammed. We’ll see.

Leaving out the name of the dealer, what were you told?

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Not going to name names. Beginning to be worried that I’ve been scammed. We’ll see.

??

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Leaving out the name of the dealer, what were you told?

Price is $9599. Told through my wife. And relayed by texts. Then revised sales order showed up. Could be mixup. Maybe shipping fee or something.

….figured I’d look here and find 1000 posts by now. Concerned that I haven’t.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Price is $9599. Told through my wife. And relayed by texts. Then revised sales order showed up. Could be mixup. Maybe shipping fee or something.

I bet you are right and thats with the shipping added. Ask for a detailed invoice.

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

….figured I’d look here and find 1000 posts by now. Concerned that I haven’t.

My distributor refused to charge me freight until time of shipping as fuel rates would change when LEs ship out

I’m sure nothing to worry about

#242 2 years ago

Many distros add 350 for freight... that's most likely the case

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

charge me freight until time of shipping as fuel rates would change

pray for the $40.00 PPB days before mine ships

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

If a distributor is charging more, except for sales tax or shipping. Please send a PM to Doug_Duba and let him know.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Chicago Gaming prices on the web page for both the LE and SE are correct and only cover the game.

Some distributors that took PayPal for deposits either added a specific line item (e.g. PinballStar) or slightly increased the MSRP (e.g. Game Exchange) to cover the PayPal transaction fees.

The distributor invoice will also include shipping (usually around $350) and any applicable tax.

#246 2 years ago

This is what my revised sales order shows:
Subtotal. $9,599.99
Shipping Cost (LTL). $0.00
Tax. $576.00
Total. $10,175.99

Have to think there’s many more pinsiders buying from this distributor, so was hoping someone would confirm they received the same and could explain.

I’ll wait a couple of days. If no one else confirms, I’ll check with the distributor next week. Since the LEs are in such demand, I’m not anxious to raise shit with the distributor about this right now. Yeah, FOMO’s a bitch.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

This is what my revised sales order shows:
Subtotal. $9,599.99
Shipping Cost (LTL). $0.00
Tax. $576.00
Total. $10,175.99
Have to think there’s many more pinsiders buying from this distributor, so was hoping someone would confirm they received the same and could explain.
I’ll wait a couple of days. If no one else confirms, I’ll check with the distributor next week. Since the LEs are in such demand, I’m not anxious to raise shit with the distributor about this right now. Yeah, FOMO’s a bitch.

Did your distributor state that shipping is included? If so, that total looks legit to me.

#248 2 years ago

Haha. Just moved the shipping from one line to the other.

#249 2 years ago

I’m in! Packed my bags and moved to Cactus Canyon a few days ago. I just found this thread…happy to be a member! Yippee Kai Yay!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Just moved the shipping from one line to the other.

Yeah, must be. The distributor claims “free shipping on all orders” and now lists the SE at $8349 on their website...so they must just add the shipping fee into the purchase price. That’s fine.

My wife was on the road when she got the call from the distributor. She thought the distributor said the msrp would be corrected on CGC’s site shortly; but is now admitting that the distributor may have said it would be updated on their website shortly.

Sorry for false alarm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
7,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.