D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 2 years ago

I’m in on an le. I have an attack from mars le and it’s solid. Can’t wait.

#152 2 years ago

Well it’s official…..I’m in for an LE and can’t wait! I’ve been wanting to play CCR for a long time and never have the Remake will be the first time.

#153 2 years ago

I'm in on an LE. Should be great. I can't wait for it to arrive, will probably be at least 3 or 4 months I'd guess. Maybe the best topper ever? I guess if you are into the western theme anyway.

#155 2 years ago

In on an LE. Just curious...can someone explain to me how the mini game on the topper works?

Any thoughts on what else will be included on the update from Sharpe/Lyman since it's more than code? Could it be the saloon doors?

#156 2 years ago

Congrats to Chicago Gaming on a great game. Wonder what is next? Does not matter - Future looks bright for CG

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Could it be the saloon doors?

We will know very soon as the playfields would need to be routed for the saloon mechs. See attached.
92 (resized).jpg92 (resized).jpgcc-pf-saloon-dr (resized).jpgcc-pf-saloon-dr (resized).jpg

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

In on an LE. Just curious...can someone explain to me how the mini game on the topper works?
Any thoughts on what else will be included on the update from Sharpe/Lyman since it's more than code? Could it be the saloon doors?

I think you need some RGB inserts to take advantage of modern code. It's very useful to identify mode shots vs multiball jackpot shots, which is key when you stack these, and you can rest assured there'll be stacking with new Lyman code.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

We will know very soon as the playfields would need to routed for the saloon mechs. See attached.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a good point...when the game starts rolling out we might spot the likely places something could go.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for something big, but on the other hand it would help justify a high price for the update.

Regardless, CGC makes such a great overall product, Lyman is the code GOAT, and Josh Sharpe is pinball royalty...this pin is in great hands.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I think you need some RGB inserts to take advantage of modern code. It's very useful to identify mode shots vs multiball jackpot shots, which is key when you stack these, and you can rest assured there'll be stacking with new Lyman code.

Good point...I guess they haven't done that yet, but they could. That would be something the games would ship with I bet if they did that, and the code update would unlock the RGB.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm not going to get my hopes up for something big, but on the other hand it would help justify a high price for the update.

Regardless, CGC makes such a great overall product, Lyman is the code GOAT, and Josh Sharpe is pinball royalty...this pin is in great hands.

CGC was fair with the cost of the MMr upgrades and I think they priced the LE very well. Doug_Duba mentioned the the code/hardware upgrade will deliver the same level of value.

My guess is if we do see the Saloon door the will just be simple swinging doors and not mech controlled as in the early design.

We have lots to look forward to!

#162 2 years ago

Anyone know the box dimensions for CCR or CGC in general?

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Good point...I guess they haven't done that yet, but they could. That would be something the games would ship with I bet if they did that, and the code update would unlock the RGB.

I haven’t really examined the inserts, but you’d have to plan ahead by changing some colored inserts to clear and use the RGB led to color it to factory default until you use enhanced code. Or you may have clear inserts already to work with.

#164 2 years ago

Is there any place to still get in on an LE?

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Is there any place to still get in on an LE?

Contact distributors and see. Quite a few people have been successful this week despite the many claims of “sold out”.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/61

#166 2 years ago

I am interested but I want to wait this one out. I prefer the original version with incandescent bulbs, regular sized non colored dmd, and as close to factory as possible. I really do not care for the color changing GI's etc. and to me it looks weird. Adding skittles to a classic does not appeal to me. I have a standard MM because of this and would never consider upgrading to a Royal(don't care what they are selling for). I will wait until the dust settles and may look at a standard on the secondary market, not sure I like the big DMD-wish they would have made it all original for standard? Let them put all the fluff into LE and leave the standard alone. So I may be moving to a secondary market CC standard in years from now

#167 2 years ago

Has anyone received a confirmation email from Nevada Pinball on their PayPal deposit? I made it fairly late last night so they may not have got to it yet.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am interested but I want to wait this one out. I prefer the original version with incandescent bulbs, regular sized non colored dmd, and as close to factory as possible. I really do not care for the color changing GI's etc. and to me it looks weird. Adding skittles to a classic does not appeal to me. I have a standard MM because of this and would never consider upgrading to a Royal(don't care what they are selling for). I will wait until the dust settles and may look at a standard on the secondary market, not sure I like the big DMD-wish they would have made it all original for standard? Let them put all the fluff into LE and leave the standard alone. So I may be moving to a secondary market CC standard in years from now

What you call standard is known as classic and, unlike the other CGC titles, no classic edition has been announced for CCr.

I prefer incandescent lighting over color changing GI but it doesn’t bother me there isn’t a classic edition. I look at CCr as Cactus Canyon Remade, not Cactus Canyon Reproduction.

I presume the original code included will have the GI emulate the incandescent lighting as close as possible and display the original dots in the classic DMD size on the screen which would pretty much make the need for a classic edition unnecessary.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Anyone know the box dimensions for CCR or CGC in general?

About 32 inches by 32 inches by 58 inches.

Not counting pallet. Or if anything like previous toppers, that comes in a big wood crate.

LTG : )

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

About 32 inches by 32 inches by 58 inches.
Not counting pallet. Or if anything like previous toppers, that comes in a big wood crate.
LTG : )

Thanks! Room it’s going is has an unusually narrow door, should just barely squeak through

#171 2 years ago

I'm curious.....

For those of you that have paid their down payment to PPS...

Did you receive an email from PPS confirming the down payment?

My paypal account shows that I made payment, but I've yet to receive an email from paypal or PPS about my payment. Sara isn't responding to my emails.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm curious.....
My paypal account shows that I made payment, but I've yet to receive an email from paypal or PPS about my payment. Sara isn't responding to my emails.

Not yet. I wouldn't worry, they are probably very busy. Did you respond to the email agreeing to the terms like they asked? I did that. I still haven't got any confirmation.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm curious.....

I let her know last night that I'd sent payment (paypal) and she responded right away with a thank you and that she will keep everyone updated as production moves along. I'm sure she's just swamped today.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Has anyone received a confirmation email from Nevada Pinball on their PayPal deposit? I made it fairly late last night so they may not have got to it yet.

Nothing yet. I would feel better too if I got a response.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I let her know last night that I'd sent payment (paypal) and she responded right away with a thank you and that she will keep everyone updated as production moves along. I'm sure she's just swamped today.

I responded as well saying payment was made via paypal. I haven't heard anything from Sara.

#176 2 years ago

No response yet, and I'm not remotely worried. I'm sure they have 250+ actual customers and another 250+ people sending emails just on this game alone.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

No response yet, and I'm not remotely worried. I'm sure they have 250+ actual customers and another 250+ people sending emails just on this game alone.

Does anyone have any idea how many LEs have been allocated to PPS?

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

No one will post that, likely trade secret. Safe to say they have the largest allocation

#179 2 years ago

Apparently the allocation numbers for distributors is a closely guarded secret. I'm not exactly sure why but I guess since every distributor has a different number it may cause issues if it is known.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Fairly sure their agreement guarantees they get the largest allocation for all CGC produced titles. I’ve read/heard ranges from 25% to over 50% but never seen any specific confirmation from PPS (though I haven’t been following them closely for the last few years until now).

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Apparently the allocation numbers for distributors is a closely guarded secret. I'm not exactly sure why but I guess since every distributor has a different number it may cause issues if it is known.

In general allocations to specific distributors are based on prior unit sales with the manufacturer. The more you sell, the more you get. Been this way forever. Stern has different levels of distributors that impose specific sales requirements for each level (as I’m sure the others do).

It’s a little different for PPS with CGC and the Williams remake because they have the rights to the IP needed to manufacture the games. If they wanted to distribute the product (which they obviously do) they would have been silly not have some special considerations written into their contract.

We are certainly never going to see a list from any manufacturer that says Distributor A gets x games, Distributor B gets y, etc.

#182 2 years ago

I can’t feel secure until my deposit is confirmed/accepted.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In general allocations to a specific distributor are based on prior sales with the manufacturer. Been this way forever. Stern has different levels of distributors (as I’m sure others do) that impose specific sales requirements.
It’s a little different for PPS with CGC and the Williams remake because they have the rights to the IP needed to manufacture the games. If they wanted to distribute the product (which they obviously do) they would have been silly not have some special considerations written into their contract.
We are certainly never going to see a list from any manufacturer that says Distributor A gets x games, Distributor B gets y, etc.

Makes total sense. So that actually helps the argument that it really doesn't need to be a secret. Its based on hard numbers for sales and such. If it was about who Gary likes the best gets more, I would say there is better reason to keep it a secret. Having said this, what I think doesn't matter in the least..... and it nothing will change.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

If it was about who Gary likes the best gets more ...

Well, in every industry, who you know could make a difference. Especially in a small one like pinball manufacturing.
And as far as Gary is concerned - I presume he would like everyone’s CCr allocation to be zero.

#185 2 years ago

I finally received confirmation from PPS on my LE deposit.

I'm so stoked....

#186 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211103-173517_Outlook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211103-173517_Outlook (resized).jpg
#187 2 years ago

Very excited!

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I finally received confirmation from PPS on my LE deposit.
I'm so stoked....

Received. Hoping they are boxed and ready to ship by next week.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I read someones post who is in the know, production starts in January. My Question is how many per day can CGC produce?

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I hear the LEs won't be shipping until January....SEs are the 1st on the line.

#191 2 years ago

Just sent my LE deposit this afternoon. Got Nevada (Sara) confirmation few minutes ago.

I never…NEVER thought I’d ever own a CC. This still feels surreal.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I read someones post who is in the know, production starts in January. My Question is how many per day can CGC produce?

60-75 full production

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I hear the LEs won't be shipping until January....SEs are the 1st on the line.

Per PPS earlier in this (or the other CCr thread?) LE games “start” to SHIP in January.

#194 2 years ago

Well crap....I guess I have a longer wait...at least I saved $20 for sending a check I guess!

#195 2 years ago

Not having dealt with Planetary before, I am thoroughly impressed with their communication and execution of what is a chaotic event. They all should be applauded for being very clear and informative and I for one will be purchasing from them in the future! Super job!

#196 2 years ago

Sara @ Planetary has done an outstanding job with everything! thank you

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Not having dealt with Planetary before, I am thoroughly impressed with their communication and execution of what is a chaotic event. They all should be applauded for being very clear and informative and I for one will be purchasing from them in the future! Super job!

This is my 3rd purchase directly w/ PPS. Each & everyone was has been worry free, w/ great communication.

#198 2 years ago

Received my deposit confirmation from Sara a couple hours ago. Sarah@PPS has been great. Now the waiting begins.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I suspect any 'hardware upgrade' will need to be easily field installable. CGC would probably regret shipping a hardware upgrade that required drilling, cutting or re-wiring of anything significant. The skill set require for success would be much more limited in their installed base, and it would result in a tech support nightmare.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

would result in a tech support nightmare.

True but we have LTG for that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

6,999 (OBO)
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread/page/4?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.