D27AD831-F8F9-4AD1-9893-71CDB79704C5.gif
75F7326D-0EC9-4387-933A-2015B1CF88A7 (resized).jpeg
cactusglassmirror (resized).jpg
cactus01 (resized).jpg
491C5761-9305-4225-A4E3-94EED315CC6F (resized).jpeg
31FC6797-496E-4111-A687-1DDDE226F3D1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211106-162756_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Yeah, that's the underpromise part...
Just speculating, of course, but I think that when the time comes they will see that there are more financial benefits to be had by making it available for free - and maybe use the opportunity to bump the price on the new machines it comes bundled with.
It all depends on the scope/dev cost of the new offering... if it's just new modes/rules then I think they'd be unwise to charge for it, if it involves all new audio/visual assets as well then it would be a different story, of course.
We will see, I guess.

I think they will already have sold most of these by the time any Lyman code is available. He took two years to get Batman near complete. Guy is awesome but isn’t known to be a quick worker.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think they will already have sold most of these by the time any Lyman code is available. He took two years to get Batman near complete. Guy is awesome but isn’t known to be a quick worker.

Quality or Quick your choice. Plus pretty certain Batman wasn't the only thing on his plate.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Just speculating, of course, but I think that when the time comes they will see that there are more financial benefits to be had by making it available for free - and maybe use the opportunity to bump the price on the new machines it comes bundled with.

It all depends on the scope/dev cost of the new offering... if it's just new modes/rules then I think they'd be unwise to charge for it, if it involves all new audio/visual assets as well then it would be a different story, of course.

We will see, I guess.

The new code has to get paid for somehow. I don't know the details at all, but I would hope with Lyman's reputation and skillset working on contract part of it would include a piece of the action from the code update sales. Would be a win/win. Lyman and Josh get paid out more depending on how successful the code update is, CGC gets their names attached to CCr which boosts initial sales and they participate in the gravy from the code update sales.

Offering it for free would be fantastic but just wouldn't make sense imo.

#104 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the topper will be available to purchase for SE?

#105 2 years ago

We’re can I order?

#106 2 years ago

<deleted>

#107 2 years ago

From Doug_Duba at Chicago Gaming:

“Typically we don't sell LE toppers but we are still giving it consideration.

The Sheats/Sharpe upgrade builds on the original rules and the new CGC rules. It will include more than just code. It's still under development and pricing hasn't been determined. We are always committed to delivering value and the upgrade will be priced accordingly.”

#108 2 years ago

Interesting. Mixed feelings if they do release the topper as a separate upgrade. On the one hand, having more pinheads able to get it if they want is nice. On the other, it is one of the big differentiators for going with the LE and one of the reasons I went for it.

If they announced from the beginning the topper would be available for purchase later, and what the price was, then people could make a fully informed decision.

In other words: CGC needs to make a decision and if yes, communicate that along with the pricing ASAP. The longer they waffle the more pissed people are going to be one way or the other.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From Doug_Duba at Chicago Gaming:
“Typically we don't sell LE toppers but we are still giving it consideration.
The Sheats/Sharpe upgrade builds on the original rules and the new CGC rules. It will include more than just code. It's still under development and pricing hasn't been determined. We are always committed to delivering value and the upgrade will be priced accordingly.”

Wow! Good to know.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Interesting. Mixed feelings if they do release the topper as a separate upgrade. On the one hand, having more pinheads able to get it if they want is nice. On the other, it is one of the big differentiators for going with the LE and one of the reasons I went for it.
If they announced from the beginning the topper would be available for purchase later, and what the price was, then people could make a fully informed decision.
In other words: CGC needs to make a decision and if yes, communicate that along with the pricing ASAP. The longer they waffle the more pissed people are going to be one way or the other.

YES. If they sell the topper separate, then I would switch to the SE, but they better make up their mind before I have to pay. I still want a topper for my MBr SE as well...the whole darn point was to make the LE special. However, I totally get a LE topper and a purchase topper and them being different. Heck if the SE toppers didn't move. fine, but make the LE special.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

YES. If they sell the topper separate, then I would switch to the SE, but they better make up their mind before I have to pay. I still want a topper for my MBr SE as well...the whole darn point was to make the LE special. However, I totally get a LE topper and a purchase topper and them being different. Heck if the SE toppers didn't move. fine, but make the LE special.

Yea if they sell the topper separate no reason to go with the LE on this one.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea if they sell the topper separate no reason to go with the LE on this one.

My mmr le feels/sounds more solid than my MBr se, but I love the rgb gi and toppers. All the other stuff is nice but not needed. I’m glad I got the topper for MMr, it is pretty cool

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My mmr le feels/sounds more solid than my MBr se, but I love the rgb gi and toppers. All the other stuff is nice but not needed. I’m glad I got the topper for MMr, it is pretty cool

I find my MBr SE and my AFMr SE feel every bit as solid as my MMr standard.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I find my MBr SE and my AFMr SE feel every bit as solid as my MMr standard.

If I remember, I thought I read that the LE’s are made different? Cabinet or something was a more solid wood? I can’t validate but Lloyd could? My MBr se has a full plywood cabinet unless I’m not seeing the sides correctly. Maybe it’s just thinner. I feel like I can hear the ball rolling on the MBr se playfield, where in my mmr le it seems silent.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If I remember, I thought I read that the LE’s are made different?

Only thing I recall the first MMR's had a better wood bottom and insides painted black. That changed on the next model.

Nothing different like that for AFMR or MBR.

LTG : )

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only thing I recall the first MMR's had a better wood bottom and insides painted black. That changed on the next model.
Nothing different like that for AFMR or MBR.
LTG : )

Hmm that’s what it was. Ya idk. It’s weird, but my mmr le feels heavier like my P3 vs MBr

#117 2 years ago

For those that have not owned a CGC remake in the past, I can assure you that they are the best built, best supported pins out there. I played my AFMr for months at home during lockdown. When I finally ventured out to my local pizza joint I put a buck in a Game of Thrones Pro that was there and my first thought was that it felt like a children’s toy. What few problems I had out of the box were addressed quickly and without hassle. That’s why I have zero hesitation buying a CCr LE this go round. You’ll not be disappointed

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hmm that’s what it was. Ya idk. It’s weird, but my mmr le feels heavier like my P3 vs MBr

Maybe you got the fat trolls option?

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If I remember, I thought I read that the LE’s are made different? Cabinet or something was a more solid wood? I can’t validate but Lloyd could? My MBr se has a full plywood cabinet unless I’m not seeing the sides correctly. Maybe it’s just thinner. I feel like I can hear the ball rolling on the MBr se playfield, where in my mmr le it seems silent.

ALL MMRs had a plywood bottom, not just the LEs.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

For those that have not owned a CGC remake in the past, I can assure you that they are the best built, best supported pins out there.

Chicago Gaming’s reputation for customer support, general build quality and honest to goodness silk screened playfields for their previous games were the key factors that made it an easy decision for CCr to be my first CGC game.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Maybe you got the fat trolls option?

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Weird. Idk maybe the powder coat tightens things up, or I’m nuts….. :shrug:

#122 2 years ago

It would be awesome if the new code kit included a pingulp holster and gun that you actually shot the topper with.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Chicago Gaming’s reputation for customer support, general build quality and an honest to goodness silk screened playfields for their previous games were the key factors that made it an easy decision for CCr to be my first CGC game.

Not to give them any ideas…… but for the reasons you mentioned (especially the playfields and LTG) CGC is the one company I could justify a game price increase on vs the others.

#124 2 years ago

I was shocked at the CCR LE price given all that we are seeing right now in Pinball. Stern LE games $10,500. JJP is now at $11,000 for LE models. NO TOPPER INCLUDED. This LE is a complete no brainer, and probably priced $1K+ too low.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Pretty sure that the early standards didn't (stern built ones). The later CGC built ones did and also had the melamine sides.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

For those that have not owned a CGC remake in the past, I can assure you that they are the best built, best supported pins out there. I played my AFMr for months at home during lockdown. When I finally ventured out to my local pizza joint I put a buck in a Game of Thrones Pro that was there and my first thought was that it felt like a children’s toy. What few problems I had out of the box were addressed quickly and without hassle. That’s why I have zero hesitation buying a CCr LE this go round. You’ll not be disappointed

You're comparing a heavily routed game to a HUO? Whatever CGC is doing, it's working. Even when they takes years to release, raise prices, cut out the affordable version, and make you pay for upgrades people still applaud and call it a fantastic deal.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

people still applaud and call it a fantastic deal.

Thats because in todays market it is!

#128 2 years ago

When a pinball company makes a quality product with features people value + warranty for a competitive price people seem shocked.
Its called a good long term business plan.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You're comparing a heavily routed game to a HUO? Whatever CGC is doing, it's working. Even when they takes years to release, raise prices, cut out the affordable version, and make you pay for upgrades people still applaud and call it a fantastic deal.

That’s exactly what I’m doing. Build quality doesn’t diminish over time. The toys, ramps and mechs are what I’m talking about. Feels like stern has gone to making the absolutely cheapest parts they can get away with. CGC does not. Edit: A perfect example is my 2003 Stern Simpson’s-It’s built like a tank and feels/plays solid as hell even after being on route for 15 years. The difference between it and a modern Stern is night and day.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

That’s exactly what I’m doing. Build quality doesn’t diminish over time. The toys, ramps and mechs are what I’m talking about. Feels like stern has gone to making the absolutely cheapest parts they can get away with. CGC does not. Edit: A perfect example is my 2003 Stern Simpson’s-It’s built like a tank and feels/plays solid as hell even after being on route for 15 years. The difference between it and a modern Stern is night and day.

I'm not weighing in on this argument, but I will say my Ripleys machine feels waaaaaay more solid and heavy than my JP or GoTG. Almost like it was 2 totally different manufacturers.

#131 2 years ago

Officially in for an LE - Confirmed Game

Very excited !!

Owned Original and Seriously Regretted selling it

Second Chances can happen

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Very excited !!
Owned Original and Seriously Regretted it

Congrats!

I presume you meant seriously regretted selling it?

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Very excited !!

Owned Original and Seriously Regretted it

Second Chances can happen

I am in the same boat. I had an original back in 99 and am looking forward to receiving my CCr LE!

#134 2 years ago

Interesting.

Are there any current owners or the original that are also getting a remake?

For others - will the remake be your first significant exposure to Cactus Canyon (i.e. it’s a cool looking “new” game) or was the original on your wish list for some time?

#135 2 years ago

Watched videos and played digital but never played the original game. Love the theme.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting.
For others - will the remake be your first significant exposure to Cactus Canyon (i.e. it’s a cool looking “new” game) or was the original on your wish list for some time?

I haven't played it ever. Been playing pinball all my life and I've owned enough machines to know what I like. This machine looks perfect to me in every way. I love the western theme, I've been wanting this remake since it was first rumored to be the next CGC pin. I don't plan on selling my LE ever.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting.

I've been on the CC lookout for a while now after playing the Continued version on a VPIN. This will be my first NIB game and I'm very excited. Praying the new Lyman code includes the farting/beans mode though. ....I'm very serious.

#138 2 years ago

We've been waiting for the remake for about 5 years after playing it at the PHOF in Vegas. Whenever the wife turns to you and says; "this one is really fun, we should get one", you make it happen. The only 2 that has happened with are IMDN (found one a few months later) and CC.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting.

I had a HEP restored CCC and I missed the game but not the price I sold it for. Excited to get it back with better upgrades and enhanced code!!

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats!
I presume you meant seriously regretted selling it?

LOL

Revised my post

#141 2 years ago

So our pinball journey began with playing Original CC at Sunshine Laundromat. Had so much fun with the super awesome wife of mine and that lead to us getting a NIB WOZ RR a month later in November 2017. Thirteen pins later and anxiously awaiting CCr for awhile, we are so happy to get this!! Cannot wait!!

#142 2 years ago

Just received my invoice for my PPS LE deposit. Super excited to get a pin my wife will actually want to play with me!

#143 2 years ago

Same!

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just received my invoice for my PPS LE deposit. Super excited to get a pin my wife will actually want to play with me!

New purchases are always easier when your wife wants the game too …

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

New purchases are always easier when your wife wants the game too …

My wife is getting new kitchen appliances in exchange for my CCr SE and Oktoberfest. Fair deal. The bonus is she likes playing pinball, and I actually want the appliances. Don't tell her that!!!

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My wife is getting new kitchen appliances in exchange for my CCr SE and Oktoberfest. Fair deal. The bonus is she likes playing pinball, and I actually want the appliances. Don't tell her that!!!

Sounds like a perfect win-win!

#147 2 years ago

Ordered my SE! When are the SEs shipping? November?

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ordered my SE! When are the SEs shipping? November?

That's the word "November and onwards" in the email I recieved.

#149 2 years ago

Deposit made as well, now the packing and moving to cactus canyon begin………

Hmmm, are we there yet?

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Deposit made as well, now the packing and moving to cactus canyon begin………
Hmmm, are we there yet?

Sounds like we still got a 2-3 month journey partner. Get along little dogies…get along

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread/page/3?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.