• Multimorphic 6 votes
    3%
  • Team Pinball 2 votes
    1%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A1F0693-5282-45B9-8637-15EF6C7BDF4E (resized).jpeg
brunswick-max-crown-bowling-pins-new-6ea-175-n-austin-americanlisted_29634439 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

theres one joke

#2 5 years ago

This whole subject is a joke, or just trying to get people arguing.

#3 5 years ago

there is one joke in the poll

#4 5 years ago

CGC

#5 5 years ago

JJP

#6 5 years ago

Obviously JJP.

#8 5 years ago

Dutch Pinball

#9 5 years ago

I believe it's the one that's spelled wrong.

#10 5 years ago

most proven CGC
best quality JJP
most fun - spooky
best bang for buck - Stern pro or American Pinball.

Its really wide open so I went neutral with a Gottleb vote.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

most proven CGC
best quality JJP
most fun - spooky
best bang for buck - Stern pro.

Spooky may be the most fun company, but AMH and RZ are just OK on the fun meter for me. TNA is a little better.

#12 5 years ago

Man is that joke funny.

#13 5 years ago

Heck, JJP made "The best built, highest quality" pinball machines even before they made their first prototype.

#14 5 years ago

Brunswick

brunswick-max-crown-bowling-pins-new-6ea-175-n-austin-americanlisted_29634439 (resized).jpgbrunswick-max-crown-bowling-pins-new-6ea-175-n-austin-americanlisted_29634439 (resized).jpg
#15 5 years ago
2A1F0693-5282-45B9-8637-15EF6C7BDF4E (resized).jpeg2A1F0693-5282-45B9-8637-15EF6C7BDF4E (resized).jpeg
#16 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

most proven CGC

What are they proving? That they can recreate 20 year old games with cheap modern electronics, and can't even get the third one out anywhere close to their announced ETA?

Oh yeah, I forgot. They proved they could make an original themed game with Vacation America.

#17 5 years ago

I forgot to add modern
who is making the best modern pins

#18 5 years ago

I really enjoy my White Star and SAM ear Sterns, wish they woulda stuck with SAM. Really enjoy the remakes. Really enjoy WOZ and DI. Really enjoy TnA.....so those 4 really had or have something.

#19 5 years ago

The best Pinball company still to this day is Bally/Williams. You forgot to add them.

#20 5 years ago

Personally, I am most interested in Multimorphic's P3 system. Can you add them to the poll?

#21 5 years ago

You left out HomePin.

#22 5 years ago

The answer is Stern, and it isn’t even close. That work horse keeps trodding right along, while the others are farting and falling down and surviving on hopes, preorders and angel investors.

#23 5 years ago

American.

#24 5 years ago

Every company I work for.

LTG : )

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

I forgot to add modern

Your sister?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

most proven CGC
best quality JJP
most fun - spooky
best bang for buck - Stern pro or American Pinball.

Best quality switched for me once I got ahold of a multimorphic P3. Their build quality is flawless and sooo so clean. Inside is a hing of beauty!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Best quality switched for me once I got ahold of a multimorphic P3. Their build quality is flawless and sooo so clean. Inside is a hing of beauty!

Not a full pinball machine imo...

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You're right, it's so much more.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well, it's just that... your opinion! My opinion is they're pushing boundaries and trying things others haven't even thought of. It's good for the hobby!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The best Pinball company still to this day is Bally/Williams. You forgot to add them.

Very very true.

#31 5 years ago

With the p3 isn't the upper Playfield always the same and just the lower Playfield has different stuff going on with each game correct me if I'm wrong...

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What are they proving? That they can recreate 20 year old games with cheap modern electronics, and can't even get the third one out anywhere close to their announced ETA?
Oh yeah, I forgot. They proved they could make an original themed game with Vacation America.

Proven as you know the game your getting- not a promise of a better code tomorrow or in some cases years later. Artwort that was hand drawn not hastily put together. Great customer service rounds it out for me. Modern electronics is equal across all manufacturing, as Ben points out in other threads, and pinball is still lagging behind. Are they a pinball design company IMO no but they are a solid manufaturer of pinball machines.

#33 5 years ago

How many on that list are actually creating and manufacturing new games? Stern is and spooky and American are doing a few hundred games a year but the rest are at a standstill. I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest already manufactured their last games.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How many on that list are actually creating and manufacturing new games? Stern is and spooky and American are doing a few hundred games a year but the rest are at a standstill. I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest already manufactured their last games.

Could you imagine if Fejesian Enterprises licensed the valuable Gottlieb trademark to one of these new COmpaNies? Say, for example "Housepin" becomes Gottlieb. They could say in their part catalog "91 Years of leadership".

At least Gottlieb was legit when they used the starting year of 1927. I love how small bidnesses these days have stuff like "Since 1981" on their advertising. They usually use the year the owner was born. Gotta love it. Even better when they use Grandpa's birth year like "Since 1940" etc.

#35 5 years ago

the poll accurately reflects the top 3 companies that make the pins that are most popular and most fun to play. Can't really single out one over the other in my book.

#36 5 years ago

Nobody... Nobody is making the best.
Different, one’s best may not be favorable over another.

#37 5 years ago

All 27 Pinball companies are making equally awesome games.

What’s that? Ok 28 as of yesterday. What a time to be alive!!!

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its an engineering marvel compared to a traditional pinball machine. The ball tracking is crazy accurate. The build quality is out of this world. The ease of changing the upper playfield has never been seen on this level. I was never interested in P3 for a long time because it wasn't a traditional machine. I got mine on a big trade deal and now I don't think I'd let it go. Solid company with fantastic plans and updates always coming out.

As a company they have shipped all pre-orders as of now and are building stock for distros so you can walk in and pick one up. Pretty impressive stuff overall while it seems like everyone loves to watch it all burn. They simply didn't build a new game, they built an entirely new platform with insane potential.

Quoted from Geddy2112:

With the p3 isn't the upper Playfield always the same and just the lower Playfield has different stuff going on with each game correct me if I'm wrong...

This is incorrect. Lower PF is a monitor with ball tracking that does have different stuff going on, but the top layout is super easily changed for new games coming out. The lower ramps can also be changed out for ball delivery to flippers as well as flippers and other lower mechs are all modular should a game creator want to modify those. They have a game called rocs that only uses the botom of the playfield and with the ball tracking so good it utilizes that to destroy rocs floating around the monitor as it knows where the ball is at all times. It's neat stuff.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Totally wrong.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How many on that list are actually creating and manufacturing new games?

All of them except Gottlieb. Team Pinball is the only company on the list which hasn't shipped machines to customers.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadefan:

I forgot to add modern

Modern?

You may be asking that question on the wrong forum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-making-the-best-pins-?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.