Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
    48C5E8AC-7E07-47E2-A0F2-A22125DE6A6E (resized).jpeg
    0E5F8BE5-5FBA-491C-B8C7-CF5C2D798132 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pee pee whackin' time (resized).png
    st-johns-wort-health-benefits-fi-2 (resized).jpg
    7633D53F-0A6F-4D94-9AD9-3EAFE600F3DD (resized).jpeg
    28701A3B-98D0-42BD-9727-753E4E3D0D07 (resized).jpeg
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    E558750A-E1C8-428A-A47E-43718E1B3823 (resized).jpeg
    R-4819712-1376505703-8174 (resized).jpg
    D34980E3-C899-4089-BFAA-8C602FAA1312 (resized).png
    EE4FD861-8F28-4CAF-83D1-1895646E8683 (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    D4D57EC6-C21D-49CD-B6FE-A02D41263995 (resized).jpeg
    let-it-go (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Who is John Wort? Because apparently not knowing who HE is, will result in not being able to buy a pinball on Pinside.

So, I see an ad in Marketplace for a pin.

I make an offer. The seller declines and comes back with an offer:

no mine is too nice. boards were sent to john wort. i have 2700 into it. 2000 and you will be happy with it. one of the nicest i have seen.

That's fine. So I go back and ask for more pics:

Not sure who is john wort and what he has to do with all of this, but can you take a few pics of the playfield with the glass off. Also the boards. And the display is the original or pinscores/led?

And he is like....

i wont sell to you
    thanks
    thays what john wort has to do with this

wtf?!? This should be up there in the FAQ notes.

#2 6 years ago

Sounds like a petulant seller to me. What game?

#4 6 years ago

99FBEA6D-66F1-4559-844E-9BD3894C78B6 (resized).jpeg99FBEA6D-66F1-4559-844E-9BD3894C78B6 (resized).jpeg

#5 6 years ago

John Wart, Jr.
    John has a profile on here, but hasn't been around in a while.
    He does board repair by mail and also sells pinball game roms. His business is thatpinballplace.com.
    Had some personal issues and got behind in his work. His storefront has been down for a while.

Don't see what any of that has to do with your purchase going off the rails though.

Edit: re-read the back and forth. Looks like the seller decided you were asking too many questions. Chalk it up as a "No" and move on. Some things just weren't meant to be.

#6 6 years ago

So a guy is selling a pin for $2700. you offer $2000. and you want to blame no sale on J. Wart Jr. ?

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

Who is John Wort?

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Weird post all around.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

So a guy is selling a pin for $2700. you offer $2000. and you want to blame no sale on J. Wart Jr. ?

no...the seller said he had 2700 into it but would accept 2k

#10 6 years ago

What machine was for sale for 2k that you thought was too steep..?

#11 6 years ago

Lol, funny.

#12 6 years ago

It doesn't look like JWjr had anything to do with it. Simply being mentioned...

Oh, eyeroll, I get.

#13 6 years ago

Seller?

#14 6 years ago

What game?

#15 6 years ago

People can be weird. Some new pinside member who was also anonymous with no stats wanted to buy a pin I had up. They made a lowball offer. I asked for more information about them before any talk of buying happened because it was a long-distance sale. They said they were famous because they were on Shark Tank and I should google them and then get back to them. Yeah, right. If they can't do basic things to let me know about them AND they're a new pinside account AND they're anonymous, that's three strikes. No sale, I don't care how much of a legend they are in their own mind.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

People can be weird. Some new pinside member who was also anonymous with no stats wanted to buy a pin I had up. They made a lowball offer. I asked for more information about them before any talk of buying happened because it was a long-distance sale. They said they were famous because they were on Shark Tank and I should google them and then get back to them. Yeah, right. If they can't do basic things to let me know about them AND they're a new pinside account AND they're anonymous, that's three strikes. No sale, I don't care how much of a legend they are in their own mind.

Was it Mark Cuban?

#17 6 years ago

Maybe seller didn't want to deal with a newbie that will get a steal on a machine and then harass him after the sale.
    Not saying you're a newb but perhaps that was his impression by you not knowing John Wart.
    Move on. Tons of other games out there. Let it go.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Maybe seller didn't want to deal with a newbie that will get a steal on a machine and then harass him after the sale.

he's been on as long as you..newbie

#19 6 years ago

5 years here and you don't know who John Wart is?

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Was it Mark Cuban?

Haha. No idea, but I seriously doubt it. Didn't bother googling anything. Seemed more like they were a sad-sack contestant than one of the sharks.

#21 6 years ago

Maybe he just didn’t want to ship to Canada. Could be anything. Don’t take it personally. There are all kinds of people in any hobby. If he acts like this then you probably don’t want to get into a business transaction with him anyway.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

"Shark Tank" discount? Finally people can stop using the ole' "wife/girlfriend is only letting me spend $X on a pin" excuse. Shark Tank discount is in town !

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Not saying you're a newb but perhaps that was his impression by you not knowing John Wart.

let-it-go (resized).jpglet-it-go (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

5 years here and you don't know who John Wart is?

I have no clue who that is

#25 6 years ago

D4D57EC6-C21D-49CD-B6FE-A02D41263995 (resized).jpegD4D57EC6-C21D-49CD-B6FE-A02D41263995 (resized).jpeg

#26 6 years ago

The seller was John Wart, Sr.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They said they were famous because they were on Shark Tank

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

He's one of the best board repairmen in the country. Last time I checked it was a 2 month wait. He's a busy guy. Nevertheless sayin that bullshit to the op is some dickish behavior.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Weird post all around.

But is it as weird as the thread trying to sell/trade a used set of cowboy boots?

#30 6 years ago

sorry to op. but this is what happened. i have a space station for sale.listed at 2100 firm. op offers 1750.00. very nice space station. all new plastics, new blue ramp, mew translight, all new leds,rubbers, new space station, shopped and i told him boards were shopped by john wart. please see messages between us.
    i really am not looking to get bad feedback or hassles from anybody so when i believe prospective buyer might be problematic i stay away. please see my feedback and know that i always strive to sell a game and for the experience to be pefect for the buyer. sorry if i came off as a dick but i really dont want hassles ot negative feedback. now let the discussion begin.

EE4FD861-8F28-4CAF-83D1-1895646E8683 (resized).pngEE4FD861-8F28-4CAF-83D1-1895646E8683 (resized).png
    D34980E3-C899-4089-BFAA-8C602FAA1312 (resized).pngD34980E3-C899-4089-BFAA-8C602FAA1312 (resized).png

#31 6 years ago

Who's got some cowboy boots for sale?

#32 6 years ago

I posted this only for your amusement. Doesn't matter the seller's name, or game. Noone asked anything about shipping or harassing after. Is not the first time I buy something on Pinside.

Also whoever is John Wort has nothing to do with our chatt.

robotron negative feedback? Heh... not from me. Don't worry about it. You sell to whoever you feel like.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Who's got some cowboy boots for sale?

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes?

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

when i believe prospective buyer might be problematic i stay away.

Rules to live by!

However that can whittle down the buying pool to a very few.

#36 6 years ago

How 'boot(sic) them Villanova Wildcats?

#37 6 years ago

So was John named after the Saint or the herb?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

Noone asked anything about shipping or harassing after

R-4819712-1376505703-8174 (resized).jpgR-4819712-1376505703-8174 (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes?

Boots. Not shoes.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

He's one of the best board repairmen in the country. Last time I checked it was a 2 month wait. He's a busy guy.

I thought he was back logged because, the last thread on John said he was going through a mid life crisis.

Is he still taking people's money with no communication?

Weird...

#41 6 years ago

Patience grasshopper.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

So was John named after the Saint or the herb?

John was Herb's brother, who in fact was a Saint, he invented wort remover that I used as a kid to remove wort's I had.

#43 6 years ago

John Wort sounds like the guy that was on Craigslist offering pinball lessons and serving ham and cheese sandwiches along with some Shasta.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

But is it as weird as the thread trying to sell/trade a used set of cowboy boots?

My mistake. Weirdness matched, on the way to walking right past them boots.

#45 6 years ago

Deli meats and goofy ass cowboy boots.

#47 6 years ago

“i wont sell to you
    thanks
    thays what john wort has to do with this”

E558750A-E1C8-428A-A47E-43718E1B3823 (resized).jpegE558750A-E1C8-428A-A47E-43718E1B3823 (resized).jpeg

#48 6 years ago

Isn’t it against the rules to post other people’s PM’s? If not, it should be. It’s certainly a pretty lame move.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Isn’t it against the rules to post other people’s PM’s? If not, it should be. It’s certainly a pretty lame move.

There's a d2m threshold rule. Pretty sure this one passed.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-john-wort-and-why-did-he-ruin-my-pinball-buying-experience?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.