Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
    48C5E8AC-7E07-47E2-A0F2-A22125DE6A6E (resized).jpeg
    0E5F8BE5-5FBA-491C-B8C7-CF5C2D798132 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pee pee whackin' time (resized).png
    st-johns-wort-health-benefits-fi-2 (resized).jpg
    7633D53F-0A6F-4D94-9AD9-3EAFE600F3DD (resized).jpeg
    28701A3B-98D0-42BD-9727-753E4E3D0D07 (resized).jpeg
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    E558750A-E1C8-428A-A47E-43718E1B3823 (resized).jpeg
    R-4819712-1376505703-8174 (resized).jpg
    D34980E3-C899-4089-BFAA-8C602FAA1312 (resized).png
    EE4FD861-8F28-4CAF-83D1-1895646E8683 (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    D4D57EC6-C21D-49CD-B6FE-A02D41263995 (resized).jpeg
    let-it-go (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

images (2) (resized).jpegimages (2) (resized).jpeg

#52 6 years ago

I didn't know who John Wort is either, but a quick google search answered that question. The OP should have done some research or politely inquired. The reply to the $2000 counter offer was kind of snarky, imho. Oh well, move on as others have said lot's of pins out there. I wanted a Space Station alot until I played one. Fun, but no inlanes makes it difficult to control the ball.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

I didn't know who John Wort is either, but a quick google search answered that question. The OP should have done some research or politely inquired. The reply to the $2000 counter offer was kind of snarky, imho. Oh well, move on as others have said lot's of pins out there. I wanted a Space Station alot until I played one. Fun, but no inlanes makes it difficult to control the ball.

imho game would have been better with inlanes for sure.

#54 6 years ago

28701A3B-98D0-42BD-9727-753E4E3D0D07 (resized).jpeg28701A3B-98D0-42BD-9727-753E4E3D0D07 (resized).jpeg

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

Who is John Wort? Because apparently not knowing who HE is, will result in not being able to buy a pinball on Pinside.

Very unlikely that's actually the reason. It's just a convenient way to tell you off because your low offer annoyed him and he got a better offer, or wasn't keen to give details you wanted. Pictures with the glass on are either amateur or meant to conceal.

Not knowing JW after being on here 5 years is a little unusual, but no more so than using the fact that he worked on the boards as a selling point - basically meaningless. Does that make them better than a set of boards already in good working order, especially not knowing what exact work was done?

This would have been more interesting if you pointed to the ad. Why keep details about the ad and machine a mystery?

#56 6 years ago

“I’m taking my Pinball and going home!”

#58 6 years ago

Fenster: The way I hear it, Soze (John Wort) is some kind of butcher. A peerless, psycho, fucked-up butcher.
    7633D53F-0A6F-4D94-9AD9-3EAFE600F3DD (resized).jpeg7633D53F-0A6F-4D94-9AD9-3EAFE600F3DD (resized).jpeg

#59 6 years ago

If I were John I would want my name removed from title of this thread.

#60 6 years ago

We need a moderator to shut this thing down

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

We need a moderator to shut this thing down

I agree

#62 6 years ago

Who is moderator and why did he ruin my topic experience?

#63 6 years ago

Robotron is a great seller who has all top notch games. He is honest and to the point.Every game that I bought from him has been plug in and play with no issues.

#64 6 years ago

At least this is a mildly entertaining thread and helped me pass a few minutes at work.

#65 6 years ago

Robotron is a stand up seller and buyer and has a great reputation.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Very unlikely that's actually the reason. It's just a convenient way to tell you off because your low offer annoyed him and he got a better offer, or wasn't keen to give details you wanted. Pictures with the glass on are either amateur or meant to conceal.
    Not knowing JW after being on here 5 years is a little unusual, but no more so than using the fact that he worked on the boards as a selling point - basically meaningless. Does that make them better than a set of boards already in good working order, especially not knowing what exact work was done?
    This would have been more interesting if you pointed to the ad. Why keep details about the ad and machine a mystery?

actually i prefer buyer to come and play the pinball, look at it and leave with it. i dont need the money. i can toss this thing off a roof a la tnt or let it sit here for a year no big deal.
    all the pinball conspiracy theorists, gotta love pinside.

#67 6 years ago

WHAT GAME????

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

Who is moderator and why did he ruin my topic experience?

I blame John Moderator Jr!

#70 6 years ago

Guys,

It has nothing to do with Worts.

Its cuz he almost had to ship to CANADA.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I would also proudly take on the new title of "St. John" (because he works miracles on boards) or "Herbal John" (because its fun).

#72 6 years ago

Shasta of all drinks lol.

#73 6 years ago

How is babby formed?

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i dont need the money. i can toss this thing off a roof a la tnt or let it sit here for a year no big deal.

I'm just as impressed as when you flaunted both who worked on your boards, and your indignation that someone doesn't know something you do.

#76 6 years ago

For what its worth,I have about 5 yrs.on Pinside,never heard of a John wort!!Maybe in certain areas ???

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Is that necessary? I've been here for a while and haven't heard of John Wort either.

Now John Wart jr. I'm familiar with.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Isn’t it against the rules to post other people’s PM’s?

I thought it was

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm just as impressed as when you flaunted both who worked on your boards, and your indignation that someone doesn't know something you do.

whats the matter, it hasnt stopped raining in seattle and you little snowflake are depressed and have to be on the computer playing keyboard warrior?
    if i buy a pin and somebody says the boards were shopped by wart then to me its a good thing as i know the man does great work and the boards are bullet proofed. either way i am letting buyer know the boards were worked on in full disclosure.

#80 6 years ago

This thread gave me cancer.

Seller's choice to do whatever he wants with the game. When people lowball me through messages, texts, whatever, I lose interest real fast. Lots of lookers. A lesson to would-be negotiators: negotiations are done in person, cash in hand.

Richard

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from someotherguy:

This thread gave me cancer.

st-johns-wort-health-benefits-fi-2 (resized).jpgst-johns-wort-health-benefits-fi-2 (resized).jpg

#82 6 years ago

Honestly...... John is a really great guy that has done so much for this hobby. I heard he was having some personal issue a while back but always came threw with stuff I ordered.

Class act so let’s not beat the guy up for one persons experience.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Honestly...... John is a really great guy that has done so much for this hobby. I heard he was having some personal issue a while back but always came threw with stuff I ordered.
    Class act so let’s not beat the guy up for one persons experience.

LOL did you read anything at all??? John did nothing wrong, and John personally has no involvement in this.

#84 6 years ago

This thread is cracking me up...

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

LOL did you read anything at all???

well I did...i I still have no f&*^ing idea what is going on

#86 6 years ago

LOL did you read anything at all??? John did nothing wrong, and John personally has no involvement in this.

Ooooooooops

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

But is it as weird as the thread trying to sell/trade a used set of cowboy boots?

What size are they?

#89 6 years ago

This bloke won't HAGGLE!!!

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Isn’t it against the rules to post other people’s PM’s? .

I doubt it is and it really shouldn't be. Don't send anybody a message you wouldn't want shared.

And why in god's name hasn't this thread been deleted or at least had the subject title changed? It's ridiculous.

#91 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

"Publish personal information: While you’re free to post your own personal contact info (and general contact information for a company or business), you may not (under any circumstance) publish anyone else’s personal information. That includes telephone numbers, postal addresses, and email addresses, along with any material exchanged privately in PinsideMail."

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

along with any material exchanged privately in PinsideMail."

Seems a little vague to me. To me this means personal info that has been exchanged privately, like phone numbers, emails, addresses etc. It doesn't say "don't post private messages." Perhaps they should clear that up if that's the case.

If someone PMs me a veiled threat or some other nonsense, I'll be happy to share it with the group, like I did when I got a lovely Christmas day message from Pinbum.

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Publish personal information: While you’re free to post your own personal contact info (and general contact information for a company or business), you may not (under any circumstance) publish anyone else’s personal information. That includes telephone numbers, postal addresses, and email addresses, along with any material exchanged privately in PinsideMail."

pee pee whackin' time (resized).pngpee pee whackin' time (resized).png

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I read that as don't post any PERSONAL information exchanged privately in PinsideMail. If someone's a dick through PMs and doesn't include any personal info, fair game to let others know.

#95 6 years ago

Yeah it depends how you read it.

"any material exchanged privately in PinsideMail."

To me this would mean anything written in a PM, since the mail is private to begin with.

Really though, I only thought it was because of memories of Mods exlpaining it to people and erasing/editing messages. But my memory isn't the greatest for boring shit like this.

EDIT:
    Maybe I'm mistaking it with this?
    "Post edited by moderator: Do not post private PMs from moderators. "

#97 6 years ago

If someone's a dick through PMs and doesn't include any personal info

That's about as personal as it gets. Just ask Brett Favre or Anthony Weiner.

#98 6 years ago

2k for space station, it's ok game but pass

#99 6 years ago

The more I read this thread, the more I want to have John Wort work on my damaged boards.

#100 6 years ago

Geez, this hasn't been locked yet? Well, for what it's worth John is a really good dude, sent me another rom no questions asked when the first one I bought from him didn't work right. Hope all is well with him. Glad the seller didn't tell the op Roger Sharpe had the high score on the game...

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-john-wort-and-why-did-he-ruin-my-pinball-buying-experience/page/2?hl=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.