• no 49 votes
    49%
  • I need to play one first. 39 votes
    39%

(101 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wooly.jpeg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm going to assert right now, that this is the best-designed DMD-era wide-body PF for FLOW.

Demolition Man would disagree, for considerably less money.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Demolition Man would disagree, for considerably less money.

Judge Dredd also has great flow.

#53 9 years ago

Just finished translating the rules in French. That was not so easy as Google traduction is not very helpful for Pinball!

So many things to do... Many, many modes and Hurry-ups and 5 multiballs ! Some seem a bit obscure, will have to watch videos of gameplay to understand them.

#54 9 years ago

I assume a prototype in York is unlikely with Expo so close in date? I'm still hopeful though, fingers crossed!

1 year later
#55 8 years ago

Anyone have an update on the WOOLY project?

Quoted from dannunz:

Got this email from the Riot pinball guys. Great to see more cool games going into production!
Here are the details on pricing and timing:
Cost: $7950.00 USD + applicable taxes, fees, shipping, etc.
Shipping Estimate: First units starting to ship Q3-Q4 2015.
Minimum Number of Units: A minimum of 100 orders will be required to start production.
Maximum Number of Units: As our first release we have decided to make WOOLY a limited production of a maximum of 250 units.

#56 8 years ago

It is dead for now, much like this thread was. If new plans develop, I'm sure they will be disclosed on Pinside, and we will all be the first to know.

#57 8 years ago

Scott just said Spooky will be making it on another thread .

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Link please!

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That's huge news if true! Wow!

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

He was quoting an old post about how spooky was lined up to manufacture *IF* they could get 100 preorders -- to make a point.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He was quoting an old post about how spooky was lined up to manufacture *IF* they could get 100 preorders -- to make a point.

Yep he then said

"Production is on hold indefinitely. I was merely commenting that we had a plan."

So it could happen but is not planned at this time.

#62 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure Scott would still love to get the game made in quantity at some point, there's just no current action happening on that front.

3 months later
#63 7 years ago

In!

What are last news for this game? A chance it comes in production?
Thanks

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

In!
What are last news for this game? A chance it comes in production?
Thanks

I think FAST Pinball had expressed some interest. Dunno if they and the Wrath guys formally discussed the possibility or not.

#65 7 years ago

My friend Jean louis ( jlm33) received his yesterday. I hope to play it very soon.
This pin looks great and i love the theme.
Hope this one come out one day.

#66 7 years ago

My friend Jean louis ( jlm33) received his yesterday. I hope to play it very soon.
This pin looks great and i love the theme.
Hope this one come out one day.

I assume you've played his Captain Nemo. Have they updated it much since the first 'production' ones were made 9 months or so ago?

#67 7 years ago

I played it at the expo last year. It was the best new game there IMO. Put me down for one.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I assume you've played his Captain Nemo. Have they updated it much since the first 'production' ones were made 9 months or so ago?

Sorry i don't for the moment but Hope i will do soon too.

#69 7 years ago

Wrath of Olympus is a P-ROC game. We have no reason to change the architecture since it works well with this hardware and framework. I've continued to update the software for the 6 units that were made and the last hardware change was the replacement of GI with RGB-GI. You haven't heard the last from of us yet, that's for sure ...

Quoted from rubberducks:

I think FAST Pinball had expressed some interest. Dunno if they and the Wrath guys formally discussed the possibility or not.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You haven't heard the last from of us yet, that's for sure ...

If you update your list of interested buyers please be certain to keep me on that list.
Good luck, Scott.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wrath of Olympus is a P-ROC game. We have no reason to change the architecture since it works well with this hardware and framework. I've continued to update the software for the 6 units that were made and the last hardware change was the replacement of GI with RGB-GI. You haven't heard the last from of us yet, that's for sure ...

Are Spooky still using P-ROC bits, or have they moved to their own boards only now? Other than them, if you insist on retaining P-ROC, won't it be difficult to find a manufacturer?

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Are Spooky still using P-ROC bits, or have they moved to their own boards only now? Other than them, if you insist on retaining P-ROC, won't it be difficult to find a manufacturer?

If Multimorphic gets the P3 built I would imagine they could build WOOLY too?

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

We are always interested in helping people bring rad pinball games to life, but as was said above, all the game code (I am sure a massive amount too!) was written for a P-ROC only software framework.

If the game was ever ported to MPF, I would love to work with Riot to bring that game (and others) to the masses.

Maybe when MPF .30 hits the mainstream here soon an actual port to MPF would make sense.

Keep kicking ass on game design, maybe we can work together on the next title!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#74 7 years ago

So what is the problem to come into production? Plateform code? Number of potential customer? Find a manufacturer?
another prototype can be produced?
Thanks

#75 7 years ago

Spooky uses the Benheck system not P-ROC.

Quoted from rubberducks:

#76 7 years ago

So what is the problem to come into production? Plateform code? Number of potential customer? Find a manufacturer?
Thanks

Most of your questions - and many others - were answered in the original WOOLY thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development

It's a good read. Goes back three years ago. Only read Scott Gullick's posts if you want the most important information.

Basically: It is a P-ROC platform. An agreement was made with Spooky which was ready to produce the game, provided that 100 customers were ready to sign up and make a $1,000 deposit. Expected price for the production game was $8k. This figure was not reached. Some people were bitching about the price and this offer came after the Kevin and JPop debacle.
Production was cancelled. Deposits were refunded as promised and in a timely manner. Scott is a man of his word.

From what I recall, some parts were available in limited number. That was the limiting factor. There were only 4 happy guys like me (I was a day one believer!) who could get a game. I assume others asked Scott to be on a waiting list.

I wish this game is produced eventually. It has a great layout, good theme, music and artwork with a deep ruleset. It deserves better than a production figure of 2+4 games.

#77 7 years ago

Thanks Jean Louis, when you are back, i think i need to get a ride to Bordeaux. I need to try this beauty.
Have a good fly.

#78 7 years ago

Thanks Jean Louis, when you are back, i think i need to get a ride to Bordeaux. I need to try this beauty.
Have a good fly.

One or both of you need to shoot some video of WOOLY and Nemo if this happens!

#79 7 years ago

Is there a link to the most recent gameplay video?

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is there a link to the most recent gameplay video?

This is one I took a few months ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sIOe5911V5o

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-wrath-of-olympus/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.