Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thearcadegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#521 6 years ago

I'd love to pick up a Tesla 3, but I am just too impatient when it comes to pretty much any item I have to preorder. I couldn't imagine waiting 2 years to have my car finally show up.

#implusebuyer #iwantitnow

verucaMODNC (resized).jpgverucaMODNC (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#565 6 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I totally disagree.
I realize I'm walking into the fan but IMO, Elon Musk is nothing but a snake oil salesman. Tesla's two major manufacturing centers were gifted to Tesla. IMO, what Nevada did is downright insane. Yet with all that, Tesla auto manufacturing has yet to turn a real profit. There is dispute on how they lose per unit but there is no doubt, sales are dependent upon government incentives. And now while they are touting this latest model, they fully admit they are going to skip a level of development. IOW, again, IMO they are going to use early customers as guinea pigs. And that's not they only IMO stupid move by this crazy company, this new model is going into the one segment of the market where the demand is the lowest and the segment is shrinking. Compacts aren't exactly a cash cow for any of the manufacturers and the 3 is a compact in every sense of the word. And even at that, Tesla admits they should be in the hot segment, IOW, CUV or SUV vehicles. So that's where they are going next while using just about none of the parts they just "developed".
And even with all that, the gorilla in the room is that unless things change, Tesla is getting close to the point where fuel economy incentives will run out. Of course states can write their own but after a certain amount of production, federal incentives will go away.
Yes the high end Teslas are interesting cars but truth is, it's off the shelf parts and in some cases "borrowed" technology. Don't kid yourself, look under a Tesla and consider how a Lotus Elise is built. IOW, Tesla didn't invent the concept, just "borrowed" it instead.
Throw all the rocks at me you want. But to make the statement that the big companies didn't research or develop this stuff is a bunch of nonsense. Again, just my opinion but I can see how this whole company could collapse. The stock values are insane at best. The board acts in it's own interest and again IMO, Musk is a con artist.

Unless you want your great grand kids to live in some sort of Mad Max kind of world, someone needs to do something. I'd much rather have the government throw money at something like this than the wasteful spending on complete shit that is in place now. Education, space exploration and alternative energy should be top priorities if we are going to exist in 1,000 years... Imagine what we could come up with next if every kid in the world had access to a top notch education. Ignorance is not bliss.

We need more companies taking risks on technology like this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thearcadegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=thearcadegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.