Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1159 6 years ago

Don't see how it can be a bad sample when there are cryingly obvious design issues, besides poor assembly.

IMO if their seeming inability to ramp production in any meaningful way doesn't kill them in the next 18 months to 2 years, lawsuits almost certainly will. Can't believe this thing is even road legal ... and maybe it won't be in the EU.

Their market capitalisation is at least 10x what it should be. Even then, that's quite generous.

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Total nonsense. Look at literally any of the other reviews out there. It’s a phenomenal car by almost all accounts. This was just a dumb hit job for clicks. Why would you put stock in this review but none of the others?

Because I'm not a raving fanboy and it has serious safety issues. It looks to me as if engineers have been totally sidelined by clueless 'tech evangelists', and in their rush to get anything to market as they blow through money, they failed to heed warnings about the potential ramifications.

Most of the gushing eulogies being written or filmed are completely lacking any critical review and are totally subjective. Almost none of them even touch on major design problems. They're just scrambling for views.

You don't address any of the points made.

As to the appalling tolerances and build quality ... if lemons that bad are going out when production is so low, imagine what QC is going to be like if they manage to build 100* that number (supposedly what they hope to do in 2ish years).

Their prior products have been less than perfect, but that their 4th product is so regressive and flawed in so many potentially fatal ways should set alarm bells ringing.

#1168 6 years ago

I'll take the reasoned verdict of a senior engineer with decades of experience, whose job it now is to evaluate the ergonomics, safety, performance and quality of non-affiliated automotive products, over vapid bloggers, any day.

You clearly haven't even watched the video, or if you have, are choosing to completely ignore the content. Several issues were raised *specifically* about its safety in crash situations ... not only for those inside (more than likely trapped due to design) but for emergency workers trying to free or treat them.

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...that’s what they said about Amazon 15 years ago before they ate the world. Disrupting startups cannot be valued on fundamentals alone. Of course there is a high degree of risk, but also an incredible potential upside opportunity, even beyond cars.

But there are other incumbents in this industry who are far bigger, produce far less flawed products, have much better infrastructure, can scale far harder, and have way better engineers.

Amazon were already the elephant in the room 20 years ago, let alone 15.

No-one else is blowing through money as quickly as Tesla, granted, but they have very little to show for it so far.

They still haven't exceeded their annualised (to the month of) production numbers that they set 18 months ago. That despite constant talk of ramping production, cash burn accelerating, and a new 'high volume' product launch.

#1183 6 years ago

They were the dominant e-tailer, and growing faster and wider than anyone else. If you failed to see it, more the fool you.

Tesla continue to be an absolute joke. It categorically isn't working.

I find it curious that you mention Bolt sales figures as some kind of victory for Tesla. 23,000 Bolts were sold last year. Far more than the mean monthly production of Model 3s so far x12. That's just one of the competing cars, from one competitor. It's also not sold at a massive loss.

They've now had stagnant production figures for 6 (6!!!) consecutive quarters. Wake up.

fffff (resized).PNGfffff (resized).PNG

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

No, actually they weren't. Facts: in 1998 Amazon's gross revenues were $610 million. Ebay's gross revenues were $502 million for the last two quarters of 1998 alone.
I was very much active in ecommerce and the Internet, as a user of the Internet since the 80s, professionally and as an investor starting in 1994 and it was by no means common knowledge that Amazon would even be around in two years, let alone 20 and be in the position they were in now. As I said.
It's exceptionally unwise to assume things about people. I did quite well in the 90's being aware of the massive change that disruption had on established players. I saw and said and profited the same with many disruptions as they happened -- IBM and the PC, Apple and the iPod and iPhone, digital cameras, Sony's PlayStation, and Tesla to name a few.
Ignore disruption at your own peril.
Amazon was unfettered by the brick and mortar incumbents. The incumbents, like today's automakers, saw Amazon coming. People told them to make massive investments in the Internet. And they failed to do so, and in so doing, they failed. By 1998 Amazon was big and sure they were on the radar of the big brick and mortars, but the incumbents thought Amazon merely had a toehold and they could jump in any time they wanted. The time that the incumbents should have begun their massive investments was no later than 1996. It's the same now with automakers.
A flameout for a massive corporation takes years if not decades, so it's not surprising that many people can't see it. But the story has already been written. It's now just waiting to play out.
Could incumbent automakers survive this disruption and still stay on top? Sure. They'd have to turn their backs on their dealers and sell direct, though. I don't see that happening.

Since you're curious, I'll try to walk you through it.
Since the Bolt has been for sale for so long one would expect, if it were a successful car, that it would meet the expectations of the carmaker. It hasn't. Sales have been dreadful according to Chevy. Chevy said they could easily sell 50,000. They sold less than half of that.
https://insideevs.com/chevrolet-bolt-sales-prediction/
As I said, the Bolt isn't a bad car. It just doesn't compare to the Tesla Model 3 for a number of significant reasons. On top of that, the GM dealer network doesn't want to sell EVs. That's the real problem for GM, and all incumbent automakers.
It's not so much a victory for Tesla as it is the nature of the game now. Tesla is poised to profit from it, traditional automakers are not. I don't understand how you can fail to see that.

You say production is stagnant, I say they've continued to dominate luxury car sales for an astonishing 5 years.
And as everyone who follows Tesla knows, there are only so many $100,000 cars you can sell, and their success hinges on rolling out large numbers of Model 3's.
They've been making massive investments in their production lines. Battery production. Automation/robotics. Autonomous driving. User interface. Data collection. Putting big dollars into owning the entire production line. Expanding their supercharger network at an amazing rate. Adding solar production and house/industrial battery production. As with anything worthwhile, it takes time. As with anything worthwhile, some failures and setbacks are inevitable.
People like you blasted Tesla in 2016 saying there was no way they would deliver a single Model 3 in 2017, let alone 2018. Now they're delivering and the goalposts are set back. Now it's because they're only delivering a thousand a week. As soon as they break 2,500 a week people will blast them because they're not making 250,000 a year, then 500,000 a year, etc. etc. People like you will always just move the goalposts and shift your argument to some other nitpick. I've seen it with all the other disruptions, too.
So yeah never mind their current rate of production is an order of magnitude more than they were doing a few months ago. Or that they've been able to about double their car production every year for five years. Never mind that people are loving the car. Let's ignore their astonishing victory delivering a massive power grid to Australia in just a couple of months. Ignore how people love Tesla cars like literally no other car on earth. No, let's just focus on the failures and the past.
I really, really look forward to revisiting your comments in a year rubberducks, it's going to be so much fun.

After wading through that, I can only figure that you're either completely delusional, or so invested in their product / stock that you're terrified of acknowledging failure.

3 weeks later
#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I think it has more to do with the stock valuation. The stock is trading at around $325 for a company that has a p/e of 0.0 and is burning through $16 million per day.
Stepping back and looking at the company’s financials it is difficult to imagine Tesla, as it is now, continuing forward as a going concern. The cash burn is only supported by the last year’s offering of junk bonds with generous yields. That can only go on for so long, as investors will get skittish about a company that has dug itself into an untenable financial hole.
Also, this product doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Although offerings from domestic giants like GM have been disappointing, foreign competition is quickly growing.
I don’t think Tesla will just up and disappear some day. Should they ever have to go through a Ch 11 reorganization, I would expect some serious bids from both domestic and foreign auto manufacturers that would love to capture the brand and the significant number of loyal customers.

Pretty sure they'll need another bail out sooner rather than later.

The new Jaguar and Porsche electric cars are going to be cheaper and marginally more expensive than competing Teslas, respectively. Who's going to buy a Tesla in that company? They already have a deservedly appalling reputation for quality control and reliability. Porsche, and the Jaguar of today are at the polar opposite end of that spectrum. It'll just get worse as more cars launch in the high margin, high price space, and within a year or two, far higher volume lower margin, lower price cars.

The stock price assumes exponential growth of the electric car market, year on year, immediately, and Tesla maintaining a virtual monopoly. The former will eventually happen, but not in the next year to 18 months, as supply of suitable batteries simply isn't good enough or cheap enough. In 2 years it will be. But Tesla's cash burn is epic. 2 years is a long time. The latter - maintaining or growing a monopoly in the space - categorically will not happen. Their market share will get smaller and smaller.

Probably their worst decision has been to burden themselves with huge costs. Wholly owned dealerships and charging station networks etc. The more they expand the worse the cash burn gets.

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Except those are strategic assets, not liabilities, and exactly the things that will differentiate them from the pack.

They are a huge and unnecessary overhead in a company with unsustainable cash burn. That does not sound like an asset to me.

4 months later
#1592 5 years ago

There's absolutely no way they survive another 9 months without either taking on a LOT more debt, or selling more shares.

Latest news reeks of insolvency. Musk's increasingly desperate and irrational behaviour tends to suggest that he's now very much cognisant of this too.

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Check out what the Model 3 is doing to the so called competition . Remember Tesla haven"t started producing the $35,000 dollar model yet.
The shorts are peeing in their shorts.
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/07/28/tesla-model-3-sales-vs-small-midsize-luxury-car-sales-usa-tesla-now-crushing-the-competition/

The hedge funds absolutely love these kind of imagination-land articles. It encourages naive small (and some big) investors to keep buying Tesla stock - hence part of why every day there isn't terrible news published (or Musk doesn't open his mouth), the stock goes up.

There'll be a reckoning soon enough where the stock is likely to plummet. They continue to lose money hand over fist, cut the corners off the corners that they've already cut, and look set to engage in some extremely creative accounting and sales for their Q3 report, if their recent production declarations are anything to go by. This while serious car companies are launching and set to launch superior, cheaper competing vehicles.

The incredible reduction in estimated waiting list times (despite only moderate production increases), and the company being extremely vague about who gets order priority (it appears older orders are not first in line) tends to suggest that they're stuck in a position where they struggle to sell the 3s they make, and can barely afford to make them (hence giving new money a chance to jump the line).

But having made all sorts of promises to Wall St. and institutional investors they nevertheless must increase production quickly, and at far higher cost than a gradual ramp would entail, or the stock will plunge and they won't be able to issue more bonds or take on more loans, and selling more stock would just crash the price further ... and they're going to need to raise more cash if they're to remain solvent.

This is looking dangerously like Enron / Lehman.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Rich rebuild showed up on the motherboard channel.. he brings a lot of this up on his own channel (about how tesla refuses to service salvaged vehicles, that they won't even sell you parts forcing owners to buy used parts to keep them running).. He also talks about how there are laws that say it's illegal to not allow owners to service their own vehicles so long as they have the proper tools to do so

The fact that they seem to want their product to sit in scrap yards or go to landfill tends to suggest most of the bluster about the environment is pretty hollow.

1 week later
#1781 5 years ago

Shares are now suspended. This is a clear case of market manipulation, whether he has anything to back it up or not. The company itself would have had to make an official filing expressing what he did, before he did. It didn't.

He should be prosecuted to the full extent that the law allows.

That aside, I'm sure taking it private would be his wet dream. They wouldn't have to worry about what Wall St thought, as they continued to lose money hand over fist, margins looked awful, and competition intensified. They could instead keep information to an absolute minimum (as being a private entity in the US would allow),throw accounting and securities rulebooks out of the window, and court evangelical investors.

#1793 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Rubberducks you just don't get it. Currently Tesla has no competition. The competition that is currently out there Tesla is destroying. Competition are not intensifying their sales are getting worse. Tesla is the real deal!

Lol.

#1812 5 years ago

I've seen a few posts about it, and I share the suspicion that this was a deliberate attempt to pump up the share price - and keep it there - so that the company can avoid a disastrous situation with a convertible bond (of ~$1Bn) maturing at the end of the year. If the share price isn't above a certain threshold (IIRC ~$380), then the holder of those bonds can ask for it all in cash.

The board have not totally distanced themselves from Musk's posts, but judging by what they have stated, there absolutely is not a funding package to take the company private.

SEC apparently already investigating.

#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

The "vampires" do obsess over quarterly returns, hence my skepticism over the "leveraged" part.
Crowdfunding from a group of billionaires is a possibility. However, I do not know how likely this is.
Perhaps it is a combination of both? Billionaires putting up assets as collateral to secure credit?
That's why I am curious to see the capital structure proposal.

Probably the only way it could happen is if Asian / ME companies or sovereign wealth funds fronted the money. Not because they have any belief in Tesla ... but because Musk, despite everything else, has been an exceedingly successful government lobbyist in the US. His companies have received billions in breaks, without which they wouldn't have had any chance of remaining extant. They may hope to leverage him in that context.

I still think it doubtful you'd find enough of them, willing to put up enough capital to go private, who think he'd be THAT useful.

If the rumoured stake being taken by Saudi's PIF is true, I'd argue that's almost certainly their angle ... getting a bigger voice and better relations in Washington.

#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I was skeptical when seeing the link and thought it would be the normal bs where Telsla had just held some loose talks with Saudis bs. But Elon's response addressed all the areas he needed to plus I learned a lot. Thanks for proving the link. prices down to $350. Maybe time to buy some options??? Could help balance the naked puts.

Nah, more bullshit, and he's likely to be in serious trouble. He's dug the company's biggest hole yet, and certainly his own personal one. The guy's a loose cannon and the company won't survive with him around. Pay particular attention to the starred bits.

---------------

From an NYT article:

Since early 2017, the fund “has approached me multiple times about taking Tesla private,” Mr. Musk wrote. Two weeks ago, he added, the fund’s managing director “strongly expressed his support for funding a going-private transaction.”

“I understood from him that no other decision makers were needed and that they were eager to proceed,” he added.

****But three people familiar with the workings of the Saudi fund cast doubt on his account. They said the fund had taken none of the steps that such an ambitious transaction would entail, like preparing a term sheet or hiring a financial adviser to work on the deal.****

****And even if the fund were ready to move forward with such an agreement, it would invite review by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, the government body that reviews the national-security implications of such transactions.****

A spokesman for the Saudi investment fund declined to comment.

In his blog post Monday, Mr. Musk portrayed his Twitter musings last week as part of a deliberate effort to be “completely forthcoming” with shareholders about his desire to take the company private.

But the episode appears to have been much more extemporaneous.

****The tweet did not disclose the sum he had supposedly secured, its source, or any terms of the plan — the kind of transaction that would typically be detailed in documents of 200 pages or more.****

****Two people familiar with the chain of events said that in a conversation with an informal adviser about the mess he had gotten himself into, Mr. Musk said he had taken to Twitter impulsively. He said he had done so because he was not the kind of person who could hold things in, and was angry at the company’s critics.****

****A person with direct knowledge of the Tesla board’s thinking said some members of the board had been totally blindsided by Mr. Musk’s decision to air his plan on Twitter.****

------------

FT and WSJ have published similar accounts.

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

it's true, they are weaning off an oil based economy. they plan to build a 200GW power plant by 2030:
https://qz.com/1240862/what-saudi-arabias-200-gw-solar-power-plant-would-look-like-from-space/
Not only do they want to provide power for europe, global warming keeps making every year hotter. something has to power all those air conditioners.

Never going to happen re: supplying power to Europe.

Much more likely though re: North Africa. Particularly Morocco / Algeria.

#1827 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

maybe.. never the less, its the new cash cow.

Not really. There's only basic infrastructure planning so far, and almost no financing in place yet. Morocco is furthest ahead ... but for all the talk, 20% of their domestic power consumption is from Spain, via undersea cable.

There's talk, but nothing firm, about a huge farm in the Sub Saharan area, and high capacity links to Portugal & then Spain, but I don't see Morocco being a net exporter of electricity to the EU any time that soon ... especially as the government are concentrating more and more on oil and gas - particularly shale - drilling.

It's some way off, and then that assumes they don't lose interest and drill, drill, drill, drill.

#1832 5 years ago

Musk (and others at Tesla) have now been subpoenaed by the SEC.

Is this when the whole house of cards falls?

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes.. because you know when VW decided to fool the EPA, it put them out of business

VW Group are the largest car / automotive company in the world, and have assets of about €400Bn. Also, were it not for the settlements and fines associated with the emissions scandals, their net income would have been measured in 10s of billions for the last few years ... per quarter, that is.

Tesla have very few assets (anything tangible they could leverage further anyway), are losing a lot of money (and it's accelerating), and they're almost as indebted as they can afford to be.

VW spent $12Bn on R&D last year. They have $40Bn ear-marked to spend on electric car R&D before 2022 alone. A figure that's likely to rise.

Tesla spent $1.4Bn on R&D last year.

#1842 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There is no such thing as bad publicity?

Pretty bad publicity if the CEO / President (why is he both?), founder, one of the largest shareholders, and most public figure is found to have knowingly made materially false and misleading statements (he absolutely did), and worse which he knew would lead to a rise in the share price and buying.

The penalty would typically be being banned from ownership of, holding directorial positions or serving on the board of any public companies for a number of years, and being fined heavily ....

The case is open and shut. It's just a question of whether the SEC go through with it. Tesla / Musk will plead privately (maybe publicly given his record) that it will bring the company down. It probably won't, it'll be restructured without him, hopefully into a viable concern. But the valuation the stock currently enjoys won't be seen again soon or ever.

#1847 5 years ago

It would very definitely be sitting on the board. There'd be no way they or anyone else would front that kind of cash without a *majority* on the board.

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here’s something to shock the nay sayers. Tesla isn’t the only electric car beating the all mighty hellcat on the strip.

Um ... if you'd even watched the video, let alone bothered to read the description, you'd know from the audio that it was using a V8. As the video's description confirms, it's literally just a shell. It's RWD and using an 800bhp V8, and no electric motors or batteries.

Anyway, drag racing is boring and pretty pointless in terms of advancing automotive technology.

------

This on the other hand is pretty impressive. The VW I.D. R smashing the Pikes Peak absolute and electric records.

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

If any other CEO of any other company tweeted the exact same content, they too would be scrutinized by all and investigated by the SEC.

I think in most other cases, the board would have already dismissed the CEO / President and locked them out of the offices.

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

So we are now left to open speculation on why he would do such a thing. He has a well known fixation and seething hatred of shorts. Fair enough. When you couple that with revelations (in NYT interview) about his work load and personal life, it is pretty clear that he made an egregious error most likely induced by sleep deprivation and stress.

I don't think it was an error at all. He lied, fabricating something that didn't exist. The reasons seem fairly obvious.

About as obvious as what should be the repercussions .... his 'error' is that he seems to think he can get away with murder and do whatever he wants, when he wants, with no consequences, and that everyone will just fall in line. Classic narcissism.

Quoted from AAAV8R:

It really doesn’t matter now, as the damage is done. All of these lawsuits from shorts in the past are meritless. But the latest ones after this tweet could be company killers.

The supreme irony is that he delivered a huge win for the big hedge funds and megabucks bears that are shorting Tesla. Both for their shorts, they'll have stuck with them after the spike ... then fall as the lies became clear, and gifting a potentially hugely lucrative lawsuit to them. He's not as bright as he likes to think he is.

He will have cost a lot of smaller investors a lot of money with his lies, though, in triggering their stop-loss. This is why, despite Tesla being massively over-valued, in difficulty financially, and Musk being a slow motion car crash, I have not shorted them. He can't be relied on to make truthful or representative statements ... and that's very risky if you have to deal with mandatory stop-losses (they tend to be mandatory unless you have huge collateral).

3 weeks later
#1998 5 years ago

The share price isn't plummeting because he smoked weed. It's plummeting because two more senior executives have left ... and meanwhile Musk's drinking whiskey, smoking weed, and talking bro-science with Mr. Bro Science himself, Joe Rogan.

The execs who are departing are just the latest, and a number have deserted the sinking ship already. They won't be the last.

He has 2-3 months to cook up another pack of lies to pump up the share price before the company likely faces restructuring and his departure.

If that $1Bn bond matures with the share price at current levels, they'll need to pay it in cash.

If the share price isn't in the ~$400 region, then their cost of borrowing given the debt burden, cash burn, and Musk's tenuous grip on reality will be so high it's either not an option or will quickly bankrupt the company.

Selling more shares if it's not ~$400 will drop the share price further, worsening their problems .....

He better come up with something quick, if the board / shareholders / SEC don't boot him out first.

7 months later
#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How we Lookin' Today?

[quoted image]

IMO it still has a long way to fall.

If the impact on the first quarter results by the reduced tax credit are anything to go by, second quarter will be as bad if not worse, and 3rd and 4th quarters will be an absolute massacre as it drops to $1,875 and then stops entirely at the end of the year. That whilst competing models simultaneously continue to enter the market, all of which apart from GM's will still qualify for the full subsidy for quite some time.

Panasonic's obvious uneasiness about the weak demand (and probably Tesla's financials too), and then Musk compounding it by publicly blaming them tells a story IMO. Looks like they now want to spend money on battery facilities in Japan rather than the JV with Tesla.

This ace in the hole of a fully autonomous taxi fleet that Musk is harping on about now would either come way too late, or end the company entirely if it's pushed out too early and regulators actually allowed it. The technology isn't good enough yet, and the repercussions would be fatal. Pretty sure he knows that, but he needs to give investors hope.

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

The subsidy is maybe an issue, but at the end of the day there's no viable competition; all other manufacturers are years behind in design and battery production. They are still trying to retrofit ICE cars with batteries and pawn them off, whereas Teslas are designed from the ground-up as electric vehicles, which is why their safety ratings are off-the-charts.
I think analysis like you offer are a good example of people too busy looking at the flowers to see the forest. At any given point in time there will be highs and lows, but the bigger picture is that Tesla has the largest battery production in the world, the most electric cars on the road, and an entire worldwide network of superchargers already in place. Their cars are faster, safer, sleeker, and longer-range than anyone else. The big picture isn't about sales, it's about innovation -- and they are leading innovation like we haven't seen in decades. The media should be gushing every day about how amazing it is that a 100% American car company is defying all odds and has built car manufacturing plants from the ground-up... But, nope -- every possible bit of news about Tesla is bad, because all people care about are fluctuating stock prices to exploit.
The incentives are all backwards, and it's sad. And what's happening? They are being incentivized to start manufacturing in countries that actually care about innovation, like China.

This is just your imagination. I don't think anything could be further from the truth given how poor Tesla's showing in reliability surveys has been, and how many corners have been cut wrt quality, safeguards and production methods.

News is bad because Musk continues to make patently false, knowingly misleading statements, and the company continues to lose money hand over fist. He was spinning some fantasy that they'd be printing money in 2019, as little as 3 months ago, sales would increase, and they'd never have to raise capital again. Now, there is little reason to think their losses won't accelerate, or that they'd be able to break even for even 1 quarter in 2019.

If the SEC and investors hadn't been so toothless and had seen to it that he was fully removed from the running and governance of the company, and realists took his positions, they probably could have refinanced and built a sustainable future for the company. As it stands, they're hugely over valued, set to lose a lot of money, and probably a very large chunk of their market share in the US in the next 12-18 months. How and how much capital they will be able to raise, to continue operating, is unclear, against this background.

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

First company in 100 years to build an auto manufacturing line from scratch, and the company at the forefront (by a long shot) of 21st century ingenuity. They are bringing nothing but pure innovation and marvels of modern engineering

It's astonishing that people actually believe this.

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Guess he should have said first U.S. company, as many European and Asian car companies would all have been within the last hundred years.

How would that make it any more true? The statement is total fantasy.

3 weeks later
#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

This insane volatility is why Musk was correct in trying to take Tesla off the public market IMO. He should have been more subtle about it, but that's not Elon, is it?

He didn't try to take it private. He tried to fix the share price ... somewhat successfully in the few hours it took before it came out that he'd lied about everything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.