Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinless.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1371 5 years ago

There are a few model 3’s on CL already. For $50-60k you could pick one up today.

austin.craigslist.org link

(This guy claims to have 2 for sale)

austin.craigslist.org link

11 months later
#2625 4 years ago

Do any M3 owners have regrets about not getting an S?

How long did it take you to get used to just having the large center display?

#2627 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I've had my M3 since January of 2018. I have ZERO regrets. I got the exact M3 i wanted, and if I were to have got the S I would have wanted, it would of been much more pricey. Just please, do yourself a favor and tint the windows as soon as you can.
As for the center display, you get used to the minimalist concept pretty quick. It's almost confusing to have to look all over the place on the dashes of my other vehicles. And during night driving, it's nice to not have the dash lights in the direct line of sight.

Are there any options that are must-have or others that you’d advise against?

Very dark tint all the way around is always a must for us.

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I own a model 3 performance, along with a P100D Model X. I love both cars, but the M3P is 100x more fun to drive.
Vs a Model S - Well the M3P has far superior handling, and is the most insane goKart fun I've ever had with a car (I've been a porsche guy up until we switched to Tesla's). The cargo space is nice in Model S. if you need it, it's a great option. otherwise the Model 3 is more advance and more fun to drive.
Now the new long range Model S does change things a bit. At 370 miles it's the longest range sedan in existence. So if you need the best range, it's another reason to go with a Model S.

That’s good feedback, thanks!

I had been looking at slightly used PxxD’s thinking they were the way to go. I’ll schedule some time to drive a M3 when it gets closer to time to buy.

Would you consider the performance option or dual-motor a must have on the M3?

#2650 4 years ago

I’ll never understand why people revel in bashing a company that’s changing the future in so many different areas while employing thousand of Americans.

#2653 4 years ago

Gas is heading up to $3-$4 per gallon again. Hopefully it helps drive the demand for electric cars.

1 week later
#2712 4 years ago

Does anyone have a model x? If so, how do you like it?

#2721 4 years ago

One example of electric power progress is the TT zero race at the Isle of Man TT.

The first race for the electric bikes was held in 2010 where the winner’s average speed was 96 mph. Last year the winner averaged 122 mph. There has been a steady increase in speed every year.

The top petrol bikes are in the 13x mph range over 6 laps.

It will be interesting to see how long it will be until they start doing multiple laps on the e-bikes.

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from angus:

We had one, but traded it for an S. I loved it. My wife really liked it, but hated that everytime she drove it people wanted to stop and talk to her about it, especially if she opened the falcon-wing doors. It didn't handle as well as the S, but I liked all the features on it like the auto closing door when you stepped on the brake. But it was her car so we traded. And I love the S, just not quite as much as the X. Anything else in particular you wanted to know?

I had a feeling the falcon wing doors would be frequent topic of conversation. Our son would probably feel like he’s exiting a space ship when he gets dropped off at school.

Whichever Tesla we get will have grocery store/soccer mom duty as well as short road trips across TX.

We have never ridden in a Tesla, just sat in an S, 3 and X at the Austin store.

I’ve been thinking about using Turo and renting someone’s Tesla for a day to see how we like it.

3 weeks later
#2779 4 years ago

Isn’t every manufacturer eligible for the same tax rebates as Tesla?

Would crony capitalism apply to all sports teams that had their stadiums built by tax payers, billion dollar corporations that paid an effective tax rate of 0%, companies that were deemed “too big to fail”, or companies benefitting from tariffs?

Let’s get back to the Tesla pics!

#2836 4 years ago

We test drove a model X yesterday. It was our first Tesla to drive and we were very impressed.

I do all of the maintenance on our vehicles and can’t wait to ditch an ICE car for an electric.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not having to deal with gas stations would be cool. My VW has a small gas tank and even though it gets good mpg's, I have to fill up frequently. Still, it only takes literally 2 minutes to pull over, fill up, and get back on the road. Same for oil changes. It would be great to not have that hassle but hardly a selling point imo. I use synthetic and only need to change oil a few times a year. Most cars can easily do 200,000 miles with basic maintenance. Anything that does go wrong is typically easy to fix in any shop. I don't know if that is true for Tesla's. I heard stories that it can be tough to get parts and you have to get work done in a Tesla approved shop. Minor damage from an accident can amount to huge repair bills.

It would be interesting to see your VW’s recommenced maintenance for the first 200k from the dealer, and the associated costs added up.

5 months later
#2985 4 years ago

Just looking at the specs and price, I think it shows it’s the beginning of the end for ICE trucks.

If any of the big 3 eventually come close to those numbers, it makes a gas engine irrelevant.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

LOL - No. The Ford F150 is the #1 best seller vehicle of any type for over 40 years. It's not even close. Second and third is Chevy and Dodge trucks. These trucks come in countless configurations, used heavily commercially, and after market is huge. Trucks are huge in rural areas and there are no charging stations on dirt roads, in the woods at the deer lease, or at the lake. Tesla is not going to end decades old truck trends with one funky looking truck. I will be curious what the real world performance numbers will be on the Cybertruck and if it can compete with other trucks with load capacity, towing, and how long charge lasts doing heavy work. Even if it could, I would imagine you would be laughed off the job site in something like this. I bet most of the preorders are from those already owning electric vehicles.

Never said that the cyber truck would be the #1 selling truck. I believe technology has gotten us close to the point where an EV truck will make more sense than a gas truck.

Ford has an F150 prototype that looks promising. Once they go all in, it could be the tipping point. Why have a twin turbo v-whatever making 400hp when a simple battery and motor could put out 600hp without breaking a sweat?

I’d trade my Raptor in a heartbeat for an electric F150 with specs similar to the cyber truck.

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My point was the truck industry is pretty huge. You have a lot of commercial use and with heavy demands. You can't wait on solar panels to get work done. You also need more versatility to compete in truck market. But this isn't really a truck. Just a more versatile eletric car.

Big companies have already placed orders for hundreds of thousands of electric trucks, semi’s and vans from Tesla and Rivian.

I’m not sure who is “waiting on solar panels”. The new chargers can charge a vehicle in 15 minutes.

It’s taken the auto industry 100+ years to produce 700+hp ICE cars. It took the EV market ~10 years. Soccer moms will soon be hitting the streets in 5,000lb SUV’s that are quicker than hellcats and GT500’s. (It’s a little scary to be honest)

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Long line of electric vehicles waiting for the chargers in California:

Looks a lot like gas stations before and after a hurricane.

1 month later
#3078 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

An acquaintance of mine is heading into military service in a few months and will likely be selling his Model 3 LEMUR (Mid-range). Any ideas as to market value? It's black on black with aero wheels and premium interior. No FSD. Mileage is currently 35K+, so will likely be around 40K miles at time of sale. Any thoughts as to private party pricing/value?

This site should give you a price range

https://onlyusedtesla.com/

#3081 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wow, I haven't seen this site before, but this is fascinating. A Model 3, LR AWD car with FSD just was marked as sold for $47,900 with 26,000+ miles. This is what I'm at, although slightly higher mileage on this one than mine.
Based on what I paid, and subtracting the tax credit, if I'm remembering right, I paid $56,000 for my car (I think it was $51 base, $5k autopilot). I then paid $2k for FSD during the sale, so I'm $56k into the car, minus a $7500 tax rebate.
So, if I was to sell it right now, I would have "lost" $600 for owning the car for 16 months?! Or 1.2%?
Isn't BMW like a 20% decrease per year for the first two years?
I had thought it would hold it's value well, but don't really care too much because it's not going anywhere, but those numbers are straight up shocking.

It’s a really nice site. It makes it easy to filter down to exactly which Tesla you’re looking for. It’s fun to window shop.

2 weeks later
#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from twobobsworth:

I thought it was a basketball ad. Such little detail.
Bring on the Rivian.

750hp
Tank turn
0-60 in 3 seconds
400+ mile range
42” water fording capability
Deposit has been placed

#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Love it, even as a Tesla fan. Couple legit questions: cost? Long distance charging network? Charge speed?
But I’m all seriousness, it looks awesome. I’m stunned, gmc can’t make a competitive electric sedan but they go straight to the biggest guzzler of all times? Bold.

Starts around $69k and that’s all the pricing info available currently.

They haven’t mentioned much about charging speed or network. I have those same questions. With 400 miles of range, 99% of our charging will be at home.

1 month later
#3155 4 years ago

It’s ironic that they mention range anxiety in the ad because I would certainly have range anxiety if I had a Lexus right now.

There’s almost 2 million Lexus and Toyota’s included in a fuel pump recall that currently has no fix. A family member has already been left on the side of the road once, and the car is still acting up.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/toyota-and-lexus-recall-cars-that-can-stall-abruptly-while-driving-fuel-pump/

#3162 4 years ago

Turo is a great way to try one out for a few days. We rented an X and had a lot of fun with it.

The owner showed us the Christmas show as we picked it up (not our video)

5 months later
#3197 3 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Tesla is a pure momentum stock. There is no financial justification for its stock price. It is essentially bankrupt, but remains at lofty prices because of the hyperbole of its charismatic leader. Stocks like Tesla eventually track back to reality. When that happens it will be very painful for longs. The question for shorts is timing. If you short too soon, you will be bloodied just as much as the longs are when Tesla eventually falls off the cliff. I like EVs, but I'm not married to Tesla. After I sell mine, I will get something else. Perhaps a Jaguar or Bolt. I'm actually kind of embarrassed that I drive one as I see Tesla car and stock owners as a bunch of clueless snowflakes.

Lol

2 months later
#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Tesla announced that all people that purchased FSD within a certain period before the the flash $2000 off sale would be offered the beta as compensation. I am far from the only person. I am sorry but I assumed that when Tesla announces something straight from Elon that would be enough to count as fact. It's also common knowledge that many influencers are included in the beta and it is not because they have any expertise outside of marketing. These are facts not even Tesla would dispute.

What FSD flash $2,000 off sale?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinless.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.