Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

I voted for "I don't care about my carbon footprint" because-

I don't care if people get fooled into thinking they are doing something good for the environment by driving electric cars that contain mega caustic battery packs and run on electricity that in some parts of the country is generated by burning coal.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I went "Hard to part with fossil fuel"

The poll really should have included-

"If you want to do something good for the environment, stop buying cars and quit driving altogether"

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

.......and you want our economy to come to a grinding halt.

Not necessarily, although it wouldn't bother me much.

But statements like "I don't care about my carbon footprint" in regards to somebody that chooses not to buy a brand new $35,000 car, instead of deciding not to drive at all or as little as possible seems kind of silly to me.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

meaning it can be charged with gasoline, diesel, solar, coal, wind, nuclear, fuel cell, propane, gas venting, water, etc,

I'm slapping one of these bad boys on my ride.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the great thing about switching your national automotive fleet off of fossil fuels is that it allows you to improve the efficiency and cleanliness of every vehicle

Word

flintstones-e1354034454144 (resized).pngflintstones-e1354034454144 (resized).png

#39 7 years ago

Nikola Tesla was the genius Edison had a hard time bowing down to. Or paying him for that matter. Tesla was right and Edison made a fortune off Nikola's invention. Nikola was the better man. An amazing man with an amazing mind.th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

CO2 is a pollutant

And what many people don't know is as we have reduced CO, HC, and NOX emissions in gas burning engines, the level of CO2 coming out of the tailpipe has doubled.

Max efficiency+ minimum smog causing emissions = 15%+ CO2

Ask me how I know....

#90 7 years ago

How would you like to be the guy crawling under the car and trying to read those barely readable numbers on those aftermarket cats? It's still easier than fixing these shit boxes.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Over the last 8 to 10 years there has been a spree of catalytic converter thefts for their precious metals including titanium. SUVs were a common target because they are often high enough off the ground to easily access the converter to steal it.

Platinum and palladium aint cheap!

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Am I the only one who thinks $35,000 is not at all a bargain?

After paying $10k for my Tacoma Pre-Runner 10 years ago and am still driving it although barely, yes!

I've got better things to do with $35k + tax, registration and insurance fees. Much better things....

#109 7 years ago

Does anybody know how much it costs to replace the battery pack on one of these Teslas?

#112 7 years ago

If they are around that long. Battery pack life on other cars like hybrids seems kind of hit and miss. Some say they have never had to replace them, others say it happened in a few short years.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Hey, California is regulating cow farts now.

As long as they aren't regulating beer farts of the smoke coming off my BBQ, the end isn't as near as some would believe.

#200 7 years ago

Sounds like the Leaf turns into compost after a while.

1 year later
#1492 5 years ago
2d2rhm (resized).jpg2d2rhm (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

What a disrupter the Model 3 is beginning to be.

Just wait until these things are all in the junkyard and they are using the scrap metal to make Toyotas and Hondas, and we'll see how big a disrupter they really are.

#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Wow, generalize much? You're not only wrong, you feel like it's okay to insult everyone who owns a Tesla?

Get back to me in five years and tell me you're still driving the same car and I'll let you know.

Sensitive much?

You could tell me Toyota owners are idiots and I wouldn't be offended. I've been driving the same one for over 10 years.

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I couldn’t be less interested in staying in touch with you, sir.

Good, because I can tell you aren't the kind of person I care for anyway.

I didn't read this as-

"Tesla Snob owners thread, nobody else welcome".

But to keep it simple-

"Who in in on Tesla Model 3?"

Not fucking me. I don't need a new car, especially one from an unproven company, when the one I'm driving still works fine.

#1680 5 years ago

I'm happy Toyota's not going out of their way to overstuff with a bunch of high-tech bullshit. It means if my 20 year old Tacoma ever does take a shit, I'll be able to get one somewhat easy to operate.

I've seen the malfunction junction of a lot of these gadgets you don't really need, and how much it costs to fix them. How did we ever manage to get where we going before the car figured it for us?

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Personal insults aren’t bolstering your argument, they’re reducing it.

Quoted from Brijam:

I couldn’t be less interested in staying in touch with you, sir.

Pardon me, but have you any Grey Poupon?

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Toyota might be reliable, but the boring "appliance car" is becoming more true every year.

You make a good point, but boring with less complicated gadgets, to me is less things to distract the driver, and in the end makes an overall safer drive. I mean remember the old radios with two knobs and five pushbuttons you could work without looking at it? Or a simple AC control without a computer screen and a ton of options?

I know, now you just tell it what to do, but I think you might get my point.

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

But on my Tesla I hold down a button on the wheel and say “play [just about anything ever recorded]” and it plays. I click the wheel to pause the music, or move the scroll wheel with my thumb to increase/decrease volume. My hands never leave the wheel, my eyes never leave the road. Much easier, much safer. Fewer moving parts. No CDs, tapes, 8-track cassettes. No commercials. More reliable. Way cooler.

I totally get that. But I see all makes and models of vehicles everyday and there is no standard anymore. And like I mentioned some even have a computer screen to make adjustments to both music and climate and whatever else. Some of which i can't figure out while the car is standing still without pulling out the owners manual, if it is still there. So great if you drive the one vehicle all the time, not so great if you are driving someone elses or a loner while your is in the shop.

#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

have you ever been in a Tesla?

No, I do smogs for a living. Tesla don't need that. I get in all the fancy Ferraris and Lamborghinis though. It's about the only one I don't get to drive. But I did see one of their early sporty cars wizzing around the neighborhood once. Really fast!

I'm not knocking them, I just can't see buying any new car, just to have a new car, when I drive about 10 miles a day. Especially when I need the money to build a backyard wave pool. And I've been preaching Toyota so long, this old dog isn't ready to learn a new trick just yet.

Don't mind me, I'm sure it's a fine automobile.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.