• Hard to part with fossil fuel 13 votes
    4%
  • I don't care about my carbon footprint 74 votes
    21%
  • No 135 votes
    39%

(347 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 309 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

truckla (resized).png
Windshield Crack 2 (resized).jpg
Windshield Crack 1 (resized).jpg
694B5F2C-8706-4CC9-BCDE-DACC5117CC5D (resized).jpeg
teslaorangepeel (resized).PNG
20190502_082736 (resized).jpg
20190502_082742 (resized).jpg
20190502_082723 (resized).jpg
BDD87E10-BCD9-4ED9-B9E8-6D1B54409F7E (resized).jpeg
C354352D-295A-42FF-A9BA-E34AF0780E0D (resized).jpeg
8ADA75C6-96F8-48B4-A309-53A6FFA229CD (resized).jpeg
thumbnail (resized).jpg
IMG_5107 (resized).jpg
IMG_5105 (resized).jpg
IMG_5104 (resized).jpg
IMG_5102 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nilroc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#309 2 years ago

You can thank all those Roadster, Model S and Model X owners that made it possible to get the much more affordable Model 3 to market.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Model 3 final unveiling in July.... but we probably could have guessed that. Hopefully August the configurators open up for us, though we'll know the details from employee leaks before that happens.

Could actually be in June for the configurators.
I believe no choice on the battery. Going to be a 75kwh.
Average price for Model 3 will probably be closer $42,000 US with choices on options available.

#317 2 years ago

We get a rebate of $5000.00 currently in Vancouver. for electrics under $77,000 Canadian.
Also we have a scrap it program where you will get $3250.00 for your old beater(if you have one) if your buying a used electric. $6000.00 if you buy a new electric . My brother had a 1995 Toyota Camry with a ton of kilometres on it and got
$3250 for it when he purchased a used Nissan Leaf.
The former environment minister chief of staff who brought in the $14,000 subsidies in Ontario left his post and entered the private sector. He now has a job with Tesla. I'm not making it up. It's true.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In Colorado it's $5,000 and it's not a rebate, it's instant at the time of purchase.

Sorry I used the wrong word(rebate) In Canada it is is also an incentive and it's also instant at the time of purchase.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Seems like 59% do not really care about it. While 36% will be influenced to buy. Not great percentage for Tesla or the environmental movement.

Maybe that 59% don't care because of the trunk design that won't allow transportation of a pinball machine.

#388 2 years ago

Investors believe in Tesla.
Enough to drive Tesla's value above Ford.
It even at one point surpassed GM.
Time will tell.

#389 2 years ago

Supercharger Apocalypse

2 months later
#598 1 year ago

I'd rather be in the Tesla model 3

#630 1 year ago

Reservation for model 3 placed today

6 months later
#1193 1 year ago

A lot of people have forgotten that the Model 3 was originally set to come out 2020. Tesla moved that date up. So really they are still ahead of the game.
I have a reservation in for a model 3 but I am waiting for the AWD Performance model. Probably mid next year some time. I'm fine with that.

3 weeks later
#1219 1 year ago

Fake News People! Fake News!

1 month later
#1360 1 year ago

Invitation to configure my Tesla Model 3 yesterday.
Holding my place and waiting for Performance AWD with Ludicrous

2 weeks later
#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The car doesn't count "against" the $7,500 until it is delivered. The new configurations are going live next week for July production. The earliest I'd expect to see a trickle of these new configs is 9/1.
I believe they are throttling US deliveries, they seem to have invited every single canadian before clearing even the first couple days of US orders in the queue.
I believe they are trying to hit that 200,000 US delivery early Q3, around July 1 and keep the full credit alive until 1/1/2019.

Actually the new configs are the end of this week as per Elon's tweet on Friday.

1 week later
#1419 1 year ago

Congrats!
What colour ? Are u going to customize in any way?

1 week later
#1428 1 year ago

Thought this was a Model 3 thread not a Dolt thread. Sorry typo meant Bolt.

#1435 1 year ago

In regards to sales in the US. The Tesla Model 3 is the vehicle of choice so far. Model 3 is outselling the Chevy Bolt for 2018 and the Model 3 isn't at full ramp yet.
Tesla model 3 is also in terms of sales in the US is the best selling mid sized luxury sedan already passing BMW 3 Series,MERCEDES C Class ,Audi A4 and Lexus IS.

1 week later
#1461 1 year ago

I know what car I'm getting:

#1491 1 year ago

The Bears have been after Tesla from the get go. The last ditch effort is to say that Tesla will not make the 5000 cars per week. In another few days we will find out. Have a feeling the Bears will be heading into early hibernation. The bear analysts have it all wrong about Tesla. Tesla is a Tech Company not a car company.
Their structure is nothing like a traditional car company. No dealer network. Direct to customer no middleman. People like the no hassle way of purchasing a car. No more 6 hours spent in a dealership to buy a car! First the salesman then the sales manager then the salesman the back and forth crap and then the finance guy to go over worthless addons(moneymakers for the dealers). Then after you purchase the car comes all the maintenance fees to keep that ICE car going.
The future is electric and there is no stopping it. So grit your teeth Bears and get your head out of the sand. Tesla will live on and be very profitable! Just like Amazon a company that was built the same way.

#1511 1 year ago

Tesla will not fail because the majority of shareholders are in this for the long not the short. You will see in a few days. Even if Tesla miss the mark of 5000 per week, they will still keep going because they keep growing leaps and bounds. They may not reach profitability this quarter but for sure before the end of the year.
The bulk of shareholders will be ok with this because they see the long term profitability of Tesla. You will see that Tesla will live on and be very profitable.

#1514 1 year ago

This is what I've been saying all along. Tesla is more than a car company! You have to see the big picture. Yes there is risk. There is risk in every venture. I just believe that the reward in this case far out weighs the risk. Go Tesla Go! Congrats on your order by the way.

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I was so inspired by the news I bought another chunk of their stock.

Good move! Should hit $500.00 shortly.

#1568 1 year ago

Tesla is rocking it!
check out the sale for June courtesy of HyperChange TV: 6062 units Model 3

You can't argue the facts!

1 week later
#1573 1 year ago

I just laugh at all the naysayers. Most have never probably driven a Tesla. Once you have driven one you soon find out how great a vehicle they are.
Just look at all the reviews from owners. They love the car! Model 3 is going to be a real game changer for Tesla.

#1584 12 months ago

I have a reservation that I'm holding on to until next year when Tesla will introduce the Smart Air Suspension for the Model 3 Performance Model. I'm sure there are others also waiting for SAS.

#1597 11 months ago

Just wait for July's sales numbers! Bye Bye Bears!

#1608 11 months ago

Check out what the Model 3 is doing to the so called competition . Remember Tesla haven"t started producing the $35,000 dollar model yet.
The shorts are peeing in their shorts.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/07/28/tesla-model-3-sales-vs-small-midsize-luxury-car-sales-usa-tesla-now-crushing-the-competition/

#1630 11 months ago

Woo Hoo!

#1631 11 months ago

The so called "Tesla Killers" are having growing pains of their own. Not the same thing building a EV as an ICE vehicle. Jaguar and Porsche are realizing that now.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/07/28/tesla-production-now-approximately-twice-as-high-as-jaguar-production/

#1638 11 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Well one thing can be said....Tesla is certainly dominating the news cycles nowadays. Another article in this mornings usa today predicting a 30% drop in share prices by this time next year. I don't wish that on any American based manufacturer.
As a side note, got to see a model X at our local car club this weekend. Really an impressive vehicle. We've been considering a Maserati Levante, but the X has now peaked our interest. But the doubt surrounding Tesla has us concerned about long term viability.

To be honest there is not many news cycles that say anything positive about Tesla nowadays. They all spew out the same story.

#1665 11 months ago

From the shareholders meeting:

Top 5 vehicles traded in for a TESLA MODEL 3 from Jan - July

1) Toyota Prius
2) BMW 3 Series
3) Honda Accord
4) Honda Civic
5) Nissan Leaf

What a disrupter the Model 3 is beginning to be. Tesla still isn't producing the cheapest version of the Model 3 yet. Just wait until they do! Very impressive.

#1669 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just wait until these things are all in the junkyard and they are using the scrap metal to make Toyotas and Hondas, and we'll see how big a disrupter they really are.

I highly doubt that will ever happen. Teslas can run for a long long long time and many many many miles.
Check this out:

https://electrek.co/2017/08/30/tesla-model-s-hits-300000-miles-in-just-2-years-saving/

#1695 11 months ago

Absolutely BONKERS!

#1767 11 months ago

The Performance Model 3 is very quick!

#1786 11 months ago

Elon is tired of the Shorts. What better way than squeeze them for a couple of billion then say your goodbyes by going private. It will be structured some what like Spacex where the current shareholders can stay on board for the long ride or sell out at $420.00 per share.

#1792 11 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

competition intensified

Rubberducks you just don't get it. Currently Tesla has no competition. The competition that is currently out there Tesla is destroying. Competition are not intensifying their sales are getting worse. Tesla is the real deal!

#1794 11 months ago

Oh it's LOL alright. LOL how they are dominating. Have a look for yourself:

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/08/06/7-charts-tesla-model-3-vs-the-competition-us-sales/

#1796 11 months ago

I love it! The funny thing is Elon warned the Shorts 6 weeks ago!

#1803 11 months ago

Tesla won't have to worry about Volkswagen as competition. They just can't stop cheating. First Dieselgate now this:

https://electrek.co/2018/08/06/electric-hybrid-cars-vw-audi-porsche-recall-cadmium/

#1816 11 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I've seen a few posts about it, and I share the suspicion that this was a deliberate attempt to pump up the share price - and keep it there - so that the company can avoid a disastrous situation with a convertible bond (of ~$1Bn) maturing at the end of the year. If the share price isn't above a certain threshold (IIRC ~$380), then the holder of those bonds can ask for it all in cash.
The board have not totally distanced themselves from Musk's posts, but judging by what they have stated, there absolutely is not a funding package to take the company private.
SEC apparently already investigating.

SEC can investigate til the cows come home. Elon never sold any shares to profit . SEC will find nothing. Waste of their energies.

#1831 11 months ago

The cars speak for themselves and their owners. Tesla spends zero dollars on advertising. The Tesla owners sell the cars. Elon even admitted it at the last quarterly report. There is no arguing that Tesla cars are great! Don't take my word for it go take one out for a test drive. You will be sold!

#1897 11 months ago

Look this explains very clearly what Tesla is doing and their business model :

#1916 11 months ago

The amazing thing is Tesla is selling their cars into states where they don't even have stores. I believe the States are Texas,West Virginia,Utah,Arizona and Connecticut. Dealership Franchise Laws keep them from opening stores but people still want the car and they still get it.

#1929 10 months ago

Well I'm officially in! Just ordered my Performance Model 3 yesterday . Pearl White ,Black Interior, PUP, EAP and FSD
Approximate Delivery October 2018
Cannot wait for this Pocket Rocket!

#1964 10 months ago

Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the Tesla Family. My performance Model 3 is coming in October.

1 week later
#1996 10 months ago

Give me a break! It was one puff and the joint was part tobacco part weed. Blown way out of proportion! Watch the whole video. The guy is a genius! We need more people like Elon that looks ahead to the future instead of in the rear view mirror. GO ELON!

#1999 10 months ago

Rubberducks go back to the other thread where you can talk about your unsubstantiated bs.
Look at the facts! Tesla is doing just fine! Model 3 is the 5th best selling sedan in the USA. Their sales have beaten BMW's entire line for the month of August.
Their growth has been crazy good the last few months. Just wait til you see numbers at the end of the quarter! Tesla is going nowhere! Deal with it.
Competition is at least 3 years behind Tesla. By the time they introduce their models Tesla will be introducing Base Model 3,Model Y and then The Roadster.
Majority of people love the cars Tesla build. Two of the top 5 trade ins for Model 3 Are Honda Accord and Honda Civic. Those cars are 1/2 the cost of the model 3!
As for the share price. That will rebound when the 3rd quarter numbers come in. I just don't get why there are people that are against Tesla. This BEV movement is real and is happening. It's just a matter of time.

#2002 10 months ago

Mr. Bally,
Tesla is a small automotive company that is growing leaps and bounds. Those markets are coming next year.
Did you not hear that Tesla is building a plant in Shanghai? There not going to be producing cars forever out of Fremont.
If Tesla was not disrupting do you really think all the other auto manufacturers would be scrambling to get their cars out.
Come on get real man.

#2017 10 months ago

Hey Mr. Bally,
Research from your own hometown. Read it and weep. No full gasoline car I know gets 55mpg or in the case of Canada with pure Hydro Electric Power 169 mpg.
This is the reason the change is happening. We can't go on polluting the atmosphere with gas and especially Diesel cars and trucks running around.

https://news.umich.edu/emissions-worldwide-gas-vs-battery-electric-vehicles/

#2028 10 months ago

I bought a performance Model 3. I'm 58 but I feel like 20 when I drive it!

2 weeks later
#2094 9 months ago

Picked up my P3D+ September 19th
It's Awesome! Way beyond my expectations!

IMG_5262 (resized).jpgIMG_5263 (resized).jpgIMG_5264 (resized).jpgIMG_5265 (resized).jpg
#2099 9 months ago

Getting it Wrapped and Ceramic Coated this coming Monday!
This car is a riot to drive!
Can't wait for Track Mode and Version 9 software update. The car just keeps getting better and better with OTA updates.

#2119 9 months ago

It's funny how SEC is after Elon for stock manipulation. I'd say the SEC should be charged for stock manipulating for making this announcement conveniently before Tesla's end of 3rd quarter. I also love the Justice System has switched from Innocent til proven guilty to Guilty til proven innocent.
This will be long forgotten in a few months. Elon was already offered a plea to these charges that he said no to. He must believe he has a good chance of
winning. Just a fine in the end you will see.

#2124 9 months ago

It's like watching an Episode of Billions!

#2142 9 months ago

Stock will rebound nicely when 3rd quarter deliveries are announced middle of next week and Tesla will continue their incredible growth.

#2162 9 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Maybe Elon stepping down for a while might help in the short term.
Just saying . . .
[quoted image]

He stepped down from Chairman he is still CEO.
Just wait until the 3rd Quarter results are released. Stock could quite possibly hit $400.00

#2163 9 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I just watched a video on the chive, where a guy in a model 3 was pulled over because the cop had never heard of a Tesla before and the cop thought that the dash screen was added to the car, not a stock factory installed screen.
Once the cop realized that the screen was part of the car he apologized and carried on his way.

You mean this one. LMAO

#2174 9 months ago

It is amazing how Tesla is disrupting the car market in a relatively short period of time. They just took out the Toyota Corolla Family of cars for September Sales in the US. The truly amazing feat is the Toyota Corolla sells at around $22500 US while the Model 3 is selling at an average around $60,000.
Maybe 4th quarter sales will take out Honda Civic and Accord. Well done Tesla !

#2176 9 months ago

I disagree. The top 5 cars being traded in for model 3 cost far less. Tesla Model 3 is disrupting the entire Sedan Market.

https://electrek.co/2018/08/01/tesla-model-3-top-5-trade-in-cars/

Soon as the base model is introduced Model 3 will reach #1 in the US

#2218 9 months ago

If your a Model 3 owner this gives you peace of mind

1 week later
#2235 9 months ago

Well you never have to worry about the Model 3 Drive units wearing out anytime soon!

https://electrek.co/2018/10/15/tesla-drive-after-million-miles-test/

1 week later
3 months later
#2443 5 months ago

Why is Toyota even brought up in any argument? They don't even believe in the Electric disruption! They will just continue to make their Prius that is being traded in for the Model 3 everyday.

#2447 5 months ago

Wow! If you don't see uniqueness in a Model 3 you have been living under a rock. I own a model 3 P3D+ Pearl White and there is nothing like it available.
I just keep getting over the air updates every couple of weeks that makes the car even better. What ICE car does that?
The latest update coming is an improvement of the security system. Soon all the cameras will be activated to give full 360 vision while car is parked. Nice feature for Hit and Runs. It's just a fantastic car. Mine is a September 2018 build and had no paint or gap issues. It is a beautiful car to drive and the acceleration is off the charts!
Tesla is a very very young company compared to the Legacy Automakers. They are going to have their bumps in the road but in the end we need someone to step up and show that Electric is the alternative to Fossil Fuel and Diesel. Diesel especially . That stuff is cancer causing!

1 month later
#2536 4 months ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

I'm in! Ordered Saturday. Model 3 performance. It said "delivery within 2 weeks."
I pretty much decided to get one last year but have been waiting for a price drop. I figure these cars are so technology based they should be dropping in price over time just like other tech items. I realize it will likely drop more now that I have committed - but you have to jump in sometime - and this seemed like a good a time as any.
Got a confirmation email but nothing further yet. Hooking up a Nema 14-50 plug in my garage to charge. Says this will charge @ 30 miles of range per hour at a max of 32amps 240v. This should be plenty for me to top off every night. The plug is only $10 but the 6/3 copper wire to run to my box was $60.
I'm going to document how the delivery process and such goes on twitter at michigantesla if anyone wants to follow along.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! You are going to love this beast of a car! You will keep coming up with excuses to take it out for a drive! The crazy acceleration never gets old. I've had mine 5 months now and just love it. Best car I've ever owned!

1 month later
#2612 3 months ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Tried the new Nav On Autopilot without lane confirmation during my commute home last night. Very impressive. While I think it's a sign of good things to come, I think we are light years away from full self driving ... I'd like to be wrong.

Maybe tune in April 22nd for the Live Webcast and find out. Tesla is closer than you might think.

https://ir.tesla.com/events-and-presentations

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#2744 62 days ago

Well with Tesla finally acquiring Maxwell there will be dramatic cost reductions in battery tech. This is huge news! It's funny how this news is hardly reported by anyone . Found one good synopsis of this acquisition .

2 weeks later
#2807 47 days ago

It was Ford that bought into Rivian.

#2810 47 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That is some crazy f'n orange peel going on there. Just like one I saw locally. Not knocking them, but it is what it is. I like to do my own maintenance, so will not be an early adopter.
[quoted image]

Not much maintenance to an electric car. Refilling window washer fluid. Tire Rotation . Brake pads after quite a while. The electric motors in Teslas have been tested to over 1 million miles. Not nearly the maintenance that an ICE car requires. That's the reason Legacy Car Manufacturers have been slow at adoption.
Maintenance is where they make all their money.

#2821 46 days ago

To drive an ice car 200,000 miles you would have to on average get 40 oil changes. There is a cost to that. Even if you do it yourself. Your time is worth how much? While an ICE car driver goes out to purchase his favorite oil, drain the oil then put in the new oil. Then drive to recycle the old oil. EV drivers are enjoying their cars. Sounds like more fun to me.

#2827 46 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The newer (and I use that term loosely) have 10,000 mile defined or computed based on usage & conditions oil change intervals. My wife's GM Envoy I-6 averages a change required at 12,000 miles. And that's with fossil oil meeting the GM spec (6094-?).
Also, I value my free time at $150.00/hr.

You really use a lot of your information loosely. GM's page explaining Oil life monitor says up to 7500 miles not 10,000 or 12,000 miles

https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/technology/what-your-oil-life-monitor-tells-you

#2848 41 days ago

Could be record deliveries for the second quarter. That should keep the Fudsters away. Considering they have been circulating that the Model 3 has low demand.

2 weeks later
#2858 22 days ago

Oh how much fun this would be! I've had mine only at 150km/hr (93 mph)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 10.00
$ 18.99
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nilroc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside