Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayhawkai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thanks!
When I've looked at the other "S"s around, I can say definitively that the 2 best upgrades are tint (which I believe on all vehicles) and the upgraded rim size/color. The wheels are actually a dark grey which accents the silver very nicely. I also like the powder coated red brake calipers which breaks things up a little.

Fortunately, both can be done by owners on their own. The dark grey wheels do look pretty awesome, but cost of 21" performance tires would dissuade me.

2 months later
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I see at least 5 a day now in my area. They're gorgeous.

You talking about the model S?

1 week later
#1488 5 years ago

TSLA is closing in on $60 billion market cap. That's its financing lifeline if it ever comes to it: sell more stock.

1 week later
#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

Tesla. It will be the biggest ponzi scheme to date. If and when the government pulls the subsidies from tesla, they will be done.

So you're shorting it, right?

#1557 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'd love to, but I am not qualified to have a margin acCOuNt with my firm.

If you're CONfident about Tesla, you can buy long-term puts without using margin.

4 weeks later
#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hard to feel the acceleration with video shot from inside car. Anybody have a street level video of tesla vs {insert favorite fast car}?

I guess you have to get the stopwatch out. I estimated about 3.5 seconds from 15-70 mph.

1 week later
#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seriously? Does everything have to be so divisive and shitty now? EVERYTHING?
I don't play golf. Should I go around starting threads about how I don't play or give a shit about golf? No.

O-din just has a fuck ton of free time on his hands and likes to stir the pot.

1 month later
#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

It's funny how SEC is after Elon for stock manipulation. I'd say the SEC should be charged for stock manipulating for making this announcement conveniently before Tesla's end of 3rd quarter. I also love the Justice System has switched from Innocent til proven guilty to Guilty til proven innocent.
This will be long forgotten in a few months. Elon was already offered a plea to these charges that he said no to. He must believe he has a good chance of
winning. Just a fine in the end you will see.

No, the SEC should not be charged for stock manipulation. This "everybody is out to get Tesla" shit is going too far, and I say that as a (tiny, tiny, robinhood play money type) shareholder.

#2169 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Tomorrow might be a stock buying opportunity.

prescient

I briefly looked into buying some calls, but they were a bit pricey. Rats.

2 months later
#2365 5 years ago

Ok this innovation might actually push me to buy a 3:

https://twitter.com/Attack/status/1075457030620569600

1 month later
#2460 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I know there are lots of positive with tesla (cool factor, exclusive charging), but $36k ($30k after incentives) for a hyundai SUV with a 201hp motor and 258 mile range isn't bad. Tesla REALLY needs to get that $35k model3 going
https://electrek.co/2019/01/28/hyundai-kona-ev-us-pricing
[quoted image]

I wouldn't even trade my 12-year-old 4runner for that.

2 months later
#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

First company in 100 years to build an auto manufacturing line from scratch, and the company at the forefront (by a long shot) of 21st century ingenuity. They are bringing nothing but pure innovation and marvels of modern engineering, and they do it all on US soil with American workers... And yet they are maliciously targeted day in and day out and people go buy cars from companies that didn't put a dime into any useful R&D toward sustainable energy for decades and whose cars are all made overseas despite being American brands.

Quoted from rubberducks:

It's astonishing that people actually believe this.

Guess he should have said first U.S. company, as many European and Asian car companies would all have been within the last hundred years.

1 month later
#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

Has the biggest scam in history finally been outed yet ? musk is going to be the god of the show " american greed" .

No, your 7th grade English teacher still has a job.

2 months later
#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Basically the model 3 slips through the air better then an F-1 race car.

F1 cars are designed to do the opposite. Aero engineers are trying to maximize downforce in corners so they can pull 5 Gs.

1 month later
#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

However, the car doesn't feel at all like other sport cars It's just too big sedan and not hard enough even on the 20 inch wheels.

Because it's not a sports car. It's a luxury car with a lot of power, and a lot of weight, tipping the scales at over 4,000 lbs for the P3.

#2926 4 years ago

If you want something really sporty with some luxury, and are ok with an ICE car, you might look at the BMW M2 Competition. It's getting great reviews.

1 month later
#2962 4 years ago

Musk obviously shorted immediately before the reveal, right??

#2995 4 years ago

I just hope Cybertruck orders will finally shake a few more Model 3s loose on the used market.

4 weeks later
#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It's a bit more complex than that. In short he was thinking of taking it private, unofficially secured funding to do so, and then all hell broke loose and the SEC fined him and Tesla 20Mil each.
$420 was a psychological price target since ... and now that we're there it's getting a lot of press.
Shortsellers banked heavily (26 million shares as of current, or over $10 billion) on the stock plummeting this year, and it did the opposite. So now shortsellers are stuck with expiring puts and are being forced to buy the shares ... so the stock price is climbing artificially even higher.

Most of that is true, but funding was never secured. That was Elon pissed at shorts and trying to hit them in the wallet.

4 weeks later
#3068 4 years ago

An acquaintance of mine is heading into military service in a few months and will likely be selling his Model 3 LEMUR (Mid-range). Any ideas as to market value? It's black on black with aero wheels and premium interior. No FSD. Mileage is currently 35K+, so will likely be around 40K miles at time of sale. Any thoughts as to private party pricing/value?

#3079 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

This site should give you a price range
https://onlyusedtesla.com/

That has some completed sales, so that helps, thanks. My other comps are a 2018 Performance with 5K miles went for $49K, and a LR with 6K miles went for $40K on ebay. Autotrader listings aren't too helpful due to lack of completed sale info.

9 months later
#3235 3 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayhawkai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=jayhawkai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.