Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidus56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago

Tesla capital raise bonds are paying over 6%. That is junk status and extremely ominous regarding their financial health and staying power. I honestly do not believe they will be able to continue as an independent, ongoing concern 2 years from now. I own a P85D, but because I am so concerned about their solvency, I'm going to sell it - while the gettin (out) is good!

#146 7 years ago

Putting a deposit down on a Tesla is like putting a deposit down on a 'The Big Lebowski'. No guarantee that you will ever see it, or get your deposit back. Tesla will find it increasingly dificult to raise cheap money and they are burning thru their cash. The Jagur I-PACE is sexier by far (and affordable). It also has the safety testing that Tesla has foregone in order to try to get the model X to market. I see so many red flags that I wouldn't touch Tesla at this point. I give credit to Elon Musk for proving the EV market, but his company is in dire financial straits and the sharks (Jaguar, Ford, Toyota, GM) are circling the body, waiting to devour it.

#153 7 years ago

Tax credits for EVs are kaput! Put a deposit down on a model X if you like rolling the dice... or you could just give the money to Dutch Pinball. Maybe if they pay (we pay) ARA 20k per TBL, we will get our machines. The TBL fiasco is one cluster fvck. Tesla is next IMO.

#157 7 years ago

Ask Jim Chanos what he thinks of Tesla. I own a P85D and I love it. But that does not mean the stock is wonderful. The financials on Tesla are about as bad as you can get. Don't be surprised if you read that they are unable to do a capital raise. At that point, they will be sold for pennies on the dollar.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Day 1 reservation holder. Took the day off work 3/31 last year and stood for 6 hours in the snow.
Sucks that I need AWD so it won't be this year for me. I'm hoping April 2018. I cannot wait until my car drives me around and in 12 months we should be there.
Check out "Tesla Model 3 Owners Club" on YouTube. Fanboys for sure but I love watching them. Also, their inside / unofficial announcements are shockingly good.
The release of this car is going to change the world. The machine learning and AI Tesla is working on is going to apply to so many other aspects of our life, things we never dreamed of. Maybe not next year or even in the next few, but this is the beginning of amazing things.

Ehhhh..., No.

Tesla is way behind Waymo when I comes to A.I. Basically, they have none. Tesla will not be driving you around in 12 months. It may be crashing and killing a lot of people in 12 months, but whoever is feeding you this autonomous driving hype is lying to you. The company has so much debt and so much ongoing losses that capital markets are treating it as 'junk status' in capital raises. Tesla may not be around 2 years from now. They probably do not have enough resources to produce the model X, so their demise is imminent. You might check out Jim Chanos or SeekingAlpha to get a better idea of how deep this cess pool goes.

#170 7 years ago

Just be careful.

1 week later
#242 7 years ago

I own a P85D. It's for sale if any pinheads are interested. I need to raise cash to support my pinball addiction.
I am putting it up for sale on cargurus this week. Not sure of the price yet, but it will be around $90,000. Why sell it you ask - besides needing cash to feed my insatiable pinball appetite? I do love the instantaneous 5g acceleration, but getting lightheaded every time floor it, is not cool. Actually, I think Tesla could be in trouble in the next few years and I do not want to be sitting on a car with a bankrupt manufacturer behind it. Their losses are not sustainable and cult like following or not, eventually a day of reckoning comes.

2 weeks later
#381 7 years ago

Forget the Tesla. The Lucid is the EV to buy.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

About, yes. I'm holding off buying more right now. I got in at about $180 maybe a year and a half ago, then added more about a year ago when it briefly tanked (I think I was in line for my Model3 resveration when I was submitting my orders), then added more in December before it took off again. High risk, but I'm confident the long term will pay off. Tesla has a big future.

Tesla is a house of cards with debt and negative cash flow piled so high... the first wind that comes along will blow this house down. I just listed my P85D on cargurus. I'm getting out while I still can. Other manufacturers like Jaguar and GM will provide the same or better range without the risk of losing the investment in your car when the stock collapses. If Tesla trades down to the teens... if it is at risk of default and bankruptcy, what do you think your used car will be worth? The answer is squat.

#400 7 years ago

Tesla is a pure momentum stock. There is no financial justification for its stock price. It is essentially bankrupt, but remains at lofty prices because of the hyperbole of its charismatic leader. Stocks like Tesla eventually track back to reality. When that happens it will be very painful for longs. The question for shorts is timing. If you short too soon, you will be bloodied just as much as the longs are when Tesla eventually falls off the cliff. I like EVs, but I'm not married to Tesla. After I sell mine, I will get something else. Perhaps a Jaguar or Bolt. I'm actually kind of embarrassed that I drive one as I see Tesla car and stock owners as a bunch of clueless snowflakes.

3 months later
#690 6 years ago

Tesla will be bankrupt in 2 years. Buy an IPace or Bolt and save yourself the grief. Their financials are worse than Dutch pinball - and their promises just about as believable.

3 weeks later
#740 6 years ago

I sold my Tesla P85D and took a big hit on resale. Having owned an EV, the only thing Tesla has going for it, is it's acceleration. The 2018 GM Bolt and 2018 Leaf look very interesting and comparable to the model S - except for acceleration. Tesla's autopilot is actually quite dangerous. Elon has over hyped it's capabilities so much that this led one poor sot to a false sense of security. His confidence in all things Tesla resulted in his decapitation when his model S broadsided a truck. Please, please do not make the mistake of buying a Tesla like I did. Buy a Bolt or a Leaf - which I'm getting ready to do, and feel safe in the knowledge that the car will do exactly what it's advertised to do - no more, no less.

Also, if I'm right, and Tesla runs out of money in 2018, with no investors left willing to flush more money down this endless drain, then send me a thank you 'PM' for having saved you a few tens of thousands of dollars.

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I have a model X being built right now. Tesla offers extended service plans, which for all my previous ICE cars I have declined as not being worth the cost. But I don't have a feel for how much the maintenance for the tesla is going to be. Anybody have any experience using/not using the extended service plans?

While it's covered under warranty, no problems. I did have a lot of problems my first year of ownership.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Have you actually ridden in it or are you talking out your ass? the car has no trouble blocking heat and UV.

Air conditioning in the model S is glaringly inadequate.

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Oh boy you are in for it. You have insulted the religion of more than a few people here and they will surely not be happy.

Ha! You're right. The Tesla cultistists are like scientologists. I call them sheeple since they blindly follow every word from Elon's mouth.
Well, fanboys, you might want to get a reality check and go to 'Seeking Alpha', an investment site that airs all the dirty laundry on Tesla. Their financial situation is dire. Now that there are many worthy competitors entering the EV market, Elon will no longer be able to stand out. Mark my words, Tesla is in bankruptcy by 2019. Sooner if some geopolitical event occurs.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tesla S vs Leaf is like horse vs a goat.

I agree with older models. In 2018, differences are converging,... except Nissan will have a better, safer autopilot.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

» YouTube video

The video author gives the Bolt high marks, except for the 'cool' factor which he says Tesla wins. He did have numerous factual errors. Tesla has not sold far more Model 3's than everyone else has sold of their EVs. There are 400,000 deposits, not sales. Many of those deposits are having to be refunded and there have been many complaints of delays in getting refunds (public record). I suspect refund requests will really accelerate once people start to realize their shiny new 3 is NOT going to be competitive against features of the new EVs coming onto the market in 2018. Once Tesla's deteriorating financial situation can no longer be hidden by such things as merging it with the failed SolarCity, then sales will go flat or negative. Tesla will not survive this. It is not a matter of if it will collapse, it is a matter of when. And yes folks, I absolutely know of what I speak and have made a lot of money over the years by playing momentum cultists stocks on the run up, then shorting the hell out of them. Valeant was a great short. The risk reversal in Tesla will make 2018-19 a very good year for shorts AND a really terrible year for long investors (and new model 3 buyers).
Some of the biggest short players have piled into the short Tesla thesis. It has something like 30% of all shares held short. Wow. Just, wow!

#756 6 years ago

I'm curious. Tesla makes electric cars and batteries. It carries some 20 billion in debt on its books and cash burn is over 1 billion/year. It doesn't have a lock on EVs. Some 20 different manufacturers are, or wil be very soon, coming out with competitive offerings. Why are people so enamored with an electric vehicle company? I get having favorites, but when the patient is as sick as Tesla is, sometimes you just have to stop life support. Emotional involvement with the stock or even the product has a high risk of catching people 'unprotected' when sh*t hits the fan. Why not do the responsible 'green thing' and buy an EV that isn't from a company teetering on collapse?

Btw, making Teslas and charging them on the electric grid is not any more 'green' than driving an efficient ICE.

2 years later
#2938 4 years ago

Save yourself a lot of headaches and buy a Taycan or Rivian

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidus56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=davidus56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.