Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#871 6 years ago

I’m a Tesla owner and advocate. The Model S/X are great cars, albeit with some quirks. I was at the Model 3 launch event, and got a ride. Tesla will sell as many as they can produce for years to come.

#908 6 years ago

The folks getting invites to configure are current owners based in Cali.

2 weeks later
#928 6 years ago

The Tesla owners club of the mid-Atlantic (US) is having a social this Sunday (12/10/17) between Baltimore and DC. Two model 3 owners are coming with their cars, if anyone here is in the area and wants to come out.

teslamidatlantic.club and go to the events calendar for more info.

1 month later
#1068 6 years ago

I got my model 3 VIN yesterday. 43xx. It looks like production is up.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

are you a current owner of a Tesla?

Yes; anyone who has a car configured at this point is a current owner or employee.

#1087 6 years ago

I’ll have our 3 next week. I’m happy to show it off to whomever.. for more than 30 seconds.

1 week later
#1108 6 years ago

Picked up our 3 yesterday. It’s a fantastic car. My model S is still faster off the line, but the 3 has it in the turns. Tesla has a winner on their hands.

07800F65-B532-4E95-8BF0-D4096040CD4C (resized).jpeg07800F65-B532-4E95-8BF0-D4096040CD4C (resized).jpeg

#1109 6 years ago

My first mod: took off the aero covers and replaced it with a Model S center cap.

ECDE50A2-26A3-46AD-851A-7DB50C492AD1 (resized).jpegECDE50A2-26A3-46AD-851A-7DB50C492AD1 (resized).jpeg

D1EAB47F-DCC8-42F4-B899-1330CE7C2ED0 (resized).jpegD1EAB47F-DCC8-42F4-B899-1330CE7C2ED0 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1263 6 years ago

2500 miles on our 3 and it’s still perfect.

1 month later
#1353 5 years ago

Our 3 (vin 43xx) now has over 4k miles on it and is working perfectly. It’s a great car.

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Cancelled my model 3 order after seeing one up close. No offense but for 60 grand with options there are so many better handling and looking cars. The speedometer placement and overall look of the car turned me off.
No offense but a Porsche Macan S with zero options would be better then everything inside and out except for the paying gas part. Had a 2015 Cayenne and it just destroyed the model s so this was not really surprising.

Paying for gas and polluting our environment. That part.

The 3 cannot be fully appreciated until you’ve driven it as your primary for a few days. I will never own another ICE (gas) car again.

#1377 5 years ago

Don’t forget that you can install solar panels on your home. I’ve got 10kW of solar and will be adding more. Add a tesla power wall and you can even do it off grid.

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I think I have seen a pic of a pin inside a X somewhere. It was the version with the fold down second row, no chance on the captain seat version though, since they don't fold down I believe.

Unfortunately the fold down option wasn’t available when we got our X. The “captain” seats are very comfortable though. With the 2nd row console, it’s a great road trip car.

I may be transporting a pin for the first time in my S this week. We’ll see how it goes.

#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I added 6.6kwh of solar before the car because I hate paying the power company. Cost was around $13,000, we then got a $2,500 check from the power company and a 30% tax rebate on their cost, making the effective install cost about $7,000.
Because there is a tree in the way that was supposed to be cut down but now isn't being cut down (grrrr, long story), our panels generate about $2 / day of electricity, making their payoff period approximately 10 years instead of the 6.5 that it originally looked like it would be.
Technically, the panels before rebate did cost more than the used electric car we bought, but it's not some crazy cost.
Oh, and I think it's worth pointing out... I don't believe either purchase will make a difference in pollution in any way. It's not like the local energy company is going to burn less coal or natural gas because of 15 kwh per day of generation I do, and it isn't like the gas company is shutting down stations because of me. I did it specifically for cost savings in the long term.
I tracked my Leaf weekly and just hit one year of ownership. Fuel cost savings over our previous car was just over $1250 including retail price of electricity. Total maintenance was just under $20 (two wiper fluid bottles and one windshield wiper). I can budget so much easier for this, and if the electric company wants to add more cost to our electric, I can just add more solar if I want.
I can't go dig up more gas. I'm stuck paying whatever the stations around here want and I don't have any belief they are trying to be nice to me.

Just a head’s up: You’ve got 6.6kW of solar, not kWh. Regarding the tree, are you using microinverters or optimizers? They can significantly reduce the shade effect from trees.

2 months later
#1525 5 years ago

Tesla hit another milestone: 5k model 3’s in one week, plus another 2k S/X for a combined total of 7k cars/week.

D7ABC49D-EA38-41DB-9322-07B9201ED917 (resized).jpegD7ABC49D-EA38-41DB-9322-07B9201ED917 (resized).jpegEEAAEDD6-D047-41F3-893C-F0A20099814A (resized).jpegEEAAEDD6-D047-41F3-893C-F0A20099814A (resized).jpeg
#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Anyone who has predicted the demise of Tesla over the past few years has done so because they used traditional analysis of corporate financials. Where they failed in the analysis was underestimating the massive government subsidies that have not only kept the company solvent, but have created artificial demand. This is what I call “unique and unforeseen” - no other corporations are beneficiaries to such large and artificial non-market forces.

The oil industry has and continues to receive subsidies far beyond what Tesla and other manufacturers have received for EVs. Would Tesla still exist without the subsidies? It's not clear. Don't forget that Tesla paid back a $500M DOE loan several years early, while at the same time we bailed out GM from bankruptcy.

Oil is destroying our country and our planet. For the moment, EVs are our best plan forward. I believe it's very appropriate that we've used tax dollars to accelerate innovation and foster adoption of EVs. I don't understand why we continue to provide incentives and tax rebates to the oil industry. I suspect when EVs go over 50% marketshare that those subsidies will finally be killed.

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The best part of owning an EV is how awesomely ludicrous parking and charging is. I'm from Vancouver and anyone that lives here will tell you trying to park on Granville Island on a beautiful afternoon is brutal. When you roll up in an EV, its here is a spot reserved for you right in the perfect location and of course we will fill your tank for free. I charge for free at work and pretty much any major shopping center, tourist attraction or entertainment center. You get prime reserved parking at everything. It's really a secret window into a different lifestyle. The 2 seconds to put on an adapter or tap your phone to unlock the charger is a non issue. These nonsense article about how you don't really save that much and its not really that green completely false up here in Canada, it 's cheap clean hydro, zero emissions. It cracks me up everytime I hear EV being claimed to be dirty because they use electricity generated by coal. Maybe its coal that is the issue?!

This is a short term benefit. I would not recommend anyone buy an EV to obtain "reserved" parking or to think they can charge for free 100% of the time.

#1571 5 years ago

The I-Pace is one of the first pure EVs from a manufacturer other than Tesla that looks interesting to me, with one notable exception: they hamstrung it with a 7kW on-board charger. A car with a 90kWh pack really should have a 15+ kW charger, at least available as an option.

1 week later
#1578 5 years ago

Tesla is back to saying that delivery is based on reservation date, order date, location, and configuration. If two people order at the same time, one with a 2016 reservation and another with a 2018 reservation, it’s unclear as to what happens. As of a few weeks ago it seemed as if only order date mattered. Perhaps the backlash was sufficient to force Tesla to rethink it - or at least say something else. It’s not the most transparent process.

2 weeks later
#1730 5 years ago

The real value to owning a Tesla isn’t 0-60 or quarter mile times; that’s just frosting. The real value is not polluting our environment and making real progress against global warming. I do nothing and the solar panels on my house charge my car. I wake up every day to a full “tank”. The fact that it’s a pleasure to drive, and more fun than most ICE cars is a bonus, and proves you don’t have to sacrifice to curb your impact on our world.

Full disclosure: I’ve owned several Porsche, Audi, and BMWs in the past. I’m a car snob, but not a super gear head. All my cars are now electric. I’m long on TSLA.

3 months later
#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ugggh just bought Tesla #2.
We own a Model X P100D. And after a month with it, I felt done with my Macan. But I wasn't on board with the S.
Today I went to drive a Model 3 Performance, and just fell in love. It drives amazing. Powerful. And fun as hell. Dammit. My only gripe is the trunk. I like a hatchback. But I just want to own and drive this car. Sorry Porsche. Maybe I will be back for a Taycan some day.
So I ordered a Blue Performance with black/white interior. The demo car had this scheme. I didn't think I liked the blue. But with the performance setup, I really liked it. [quoted image]

Excellent choice. I’ve got a MS P100D and I love it, but if I was buying today it would be a hard choice with the P3D. The 3 is ligher, more nimble, and just more fun if you really get into it. The S has more space, has the hatch, and dual displays which for some is important. The fact that it’s significantly less expensive doesn’t hurt, either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=andrewket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.