Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshPA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Love my Tesla model 3 performance. 0-60 in under 3 secs. Tech is awesome and love only going to WAWA to wash my windows and get coffee. So much fun![quoted image]

Unless you somehow got ludicrous mode installed, your 0-60 time is a weee bit above 3.0, just like my P3D =)

That said, this car CAN do sub 3.0 because the 60 foot times are nerfed hard. Either the axles are made of glass and they couldn't do it, or they don't want to make the S look bad (more likely).

PS: I use that same exact Wawa to wash my windows too!

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Who knows, but the Long range dual motor is a software lock from the P3D too, so maybe people will be able to upgrade in the future.
Car may be fast off the line, but it’s kind of slow after 60. My Vette was much faster At that point and so are a lot of other high end performance cars.
Guess it depends on where you like your performance.

Someone needs to get custom software on these and see what happens.

It's certainly no top end monster, but I'm having more fun in it vs cars I've owned in the past, including a big single turbo Supra. P3D with the new software update dyno'd 462 at the wheels and over 500ft/lb. Not a bad grocery getter. The new S 100D (non-L) I think pulled a 10.3 pass?

Can't wait to see what companies start putting out in 5 years... Going to be crazy. Mid-engine vette going to be interesting!!!

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

This guy agrees with that:
"Tesla completely transformed the automotive landscape when it introduced the Roadster, pioneering the mass-market electric car. It sold the first widely-available EV, and it did it with a product that you could easily live with every day. The company has done more to further the electric game than anyone else and deserves total credit for making EVs a part of the discussion when it comes to the future of the automobile. Tesla has changed the world. It’s also doomed."
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/tesla-is-dying-and-this-is-how-it-will-end/?fbclid=IwAR1gpT7sBb_TywB-Oh3ou59pUanFkQJzzJO_gN6o-jbaAgTGRICWChdxKbo

Probably. But so are cars sold by Ford not named Mustang, so is VW. Everything is changing.

But for me, I'll give my money to someone who is landing rockets on boats for now.

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone agree or disagree with this article? I tend to agree and not just about Tesla's screen. Trying to use any fixed screen, phone or tablet sized, when even driving as a passenger sucks.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90356020/3-reasons-why-teslas-dashboard-touch-screens-suck

I did at first. I love me some buttons. Was angry at first. Had a BMW loaner (5 series, AWD, hybrid - nicer than any car I have ever owned). I counted 75 buttons or switches before I stopped, I think I would break 100. Accidentally activated the e-brake while driving.

I think the Model 3 is great once you get used to it, but they need to get voice control working for features while driving. The two thumb controls are awesome. I would like a second screen behind the wheel...

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

To drive an ice car 200,000 miles you would have to on average get 40 oil changes. There is a cost to that. Even if you do it yourself. Your time is worth how much? While an ICE car driver goes out to purchase his favorite oil, drain the oil then put in the new oil. Then drive to recycle the old oil. EV drivers are enjoying their cars. Sounds like more fun to me.

I'm almost angry that I need to do an oil change on the Jeep tomorrow. Helps that I have a lift but the Tesla is going to be laughing at me in the next bay when I do it.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Anyone have any experience buying a used Tesla through the Tesla website? I’ve been keeping an eye out for used Tesla Model S’s. Looking at low mileage 2013-2015’s. I currently have a Nissan Leaf and can charge for free at work. Range is only about 50 miles on it so would eventually like to upgrade. Have 3 boys so would like a bit more space than the Model 3.

Spend some time on the TeslaMotorsClub forum to get lots of feedback on this.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My windshield got hit by a stone on the way home from work on Friday. The crack was about 4 inches long. Since then it's been growing and is now about 35" long. I called Tesla Tampa on Monday and they said that they would have to order a new windshield but it could take a couple of weeks. I called them the next day (Tuesday) to investigate if another company could do the replacement and they looked at my file and said that the windshield had arrived! Dropping it off after work today. Hoping for a Tesla loaner (requested one).
I'm pleasantly surprised at the speed of service!]

Heads-up - If you are an AP user, it will likely be wonky for some time until it calibrates. I think mine went back to being perfect after ~110 miles.

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I think the repair things are overblown thanks to a few bad cases. It's funny, there is so much interest in Tesla right now that I think that the bad experiences (and for that matter, car fires) get WAAAAAAAAY more attention then they would in any other company.
I had my turn signal broken when I got the car, but I didn't realize it because I didn't understand how the turn signal worked. When I did realize it, I called on I think a Thursday and they told me they would need to order the part and get it in stock and then they would set up service. I got a call the next day they had the part, and had it installed in my car in the driveway on Tuesday - the whole experience taking less than 4 work days, and needing me to go no where.
That's not very interesting though, so you hear about the guy who didn't get his right bumper fixed for a month a lot more frequently, even though it seems increasingly rare.

To be fair, it was really bad for some time... It took ~5 months before I could get my car in for some post-delivery fixes. Bodyshop parts have been bad. But it looks like things are getting better.

2 months later
#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

debating a 2016 model s, new model 3, kona, niro, or leaf plus right now. i rented a 2015 model S for last two days on turo.. it's nice and all but not the end of all other cars like that video suggests lol. plus last month they started removing free supercharging from the older models in their possession.
interested in AP1 as while limited, i just want a decent adaptive cruise control.. that doesn't do phantom braking I've been reading about the non mobileeye version. going to test drive then rent a 3 as well to see if reports are overblown.. these issues and reports of shitty service are my biggest hangups about tesla.. they are starting to show stress fractures i feel from being run more as a tech company/innovation focused.

M3 adaptive cruise is really decent. Some phantom braking, usually on secondary roads. Have seen some on highways.

I've driven an S a few times, really prefer the 3.

#2880 4 years ago

I have friends that say they have less issues with AP1 cars - phantom breaking, etc. I've used AP1 on loaners for a few hundred miles and it was pretty solid.

2 months later
#2950 4 years ago

As long as you never drive the performance, you don’t need it. But make sure you never drive one. Doug Demoro just did an update review, this time with a P. Watch his face when he punches it. This from someone who has driven a Sena, P1, Atom, you name it.

#2970 4 years ago

So ugly. Will likely end up getting one.

1 week later
#3014 4 years ago

The first electric only station opened recently in VA. It was a gas station that wasn’t making much money. The real money will be not in the charging but snack, drinks etc. A place with clean restrooms like Buc-ee’s, food etc in the right place right off major highways would cleanup. The thing is you only need to charge in a public place when on a long road trip. Locals won’t need to use it.

1 month later
#3086 4 years ago

Model 3 is pretty ugly from certain angles. I’ve driven cars up to 798rwhp. Owned a big single turbo Supra, high hp mitsus and a stock STI. Driven everything shy of hyper cars. The Model 3 Performance is the best bang for the buck out there, by far. Even Doug is saying it which really surprised me.

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I've also had two supras, a bmw mcoupe, lotus elise, evo x, and now a c7 z06... i also own a model 3 AWD and love it. My z06, while an insanely fast tiger that screams noise at the world and pushes corners hard... it hates anything under 50 degrees and gets way more attention on the road than I want.
Between the two I am extremely satisfied. The model 3 has been the best sedan I have ever owned... oh and Netflix while I am waiting for whatever sure is a nice feature.

I’ve always suggested a c5 z06 to anyone who will listen. Sure it’s lacking some amenities now but still such a value. I can’t wait for the all electric options we are going to see ... everyone will be ten years catching up but at some point that electric M, GTI, C9, ...mmmmmm

1 month later
#3165 4 years ago

I’m really starting the think I love the Y based on the early videos. Can’t wait to see who is first to transport a pinball machine in one.

1 month later
#3182 3 years ago

Don’t do it. Because then when you buy yourself one, it will be a P. Careful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshPA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3?tu=JoshPA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.