Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 67.
#301 7 years ago

Model 3 final unveiling in July.... but we probably could have guessed that. Hopefully August the configurators open up for us, though we'll know the details from employee leaks before that happens.

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Yes!
What an awesome near future!

Battery charging and storage is way too inefficient right now for houses. If you are producing electricity on your roof, it is best to sell it into the grid and buy it back when the sun isn't out. Before solar or wind makes any sense, we all need to get our houses up to par on efficiency to prevent having to buy a huge solar system. My new house has metal roof, icynene insulation, all LED lighting, double pane windows, tank-less water heaters, etc. It's twice the size of my old house and half the energy bill. I don't skimp on using lights either like I used to. Right now I can count 24 lights on in my living room. I like light. Dark houses are depressing. Anyway, I am happy as is and have no plans for solar power. Conservation is something that I think most people can agree on. I do it to save money and not CO2. Some day I would like to have a fuel cell of some sort out back.

#303 7 years ago

I am very interested in the tesla home battery. I was very impressed by The presentation on the battery. I like the global aspect of it. Impressive.

#304 7 years ago

Went to the Tesla dealer with my son!
Superfun!

IMG_4681 (resized).JPGIMG_4681 (resized).JPG

#305 7 years ago

We got quite a model X show

#306 7 years ago

We got quite a model X show
» YouTube video

I didn't even know the front doors can open and close by themselves. This is insane. Wonder if it is standard equipped

#307 7 years ago

Model S owner here. Best car I've ever owned. Bought it and drove it in California the last 2 years, moved to Minnesota this year and it's been just fine in the cold too.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Model S owner here. Best car I've ever owned. Bought it and drove it in California the last 2 years, moved to Minnesota this year and it's been just fine in the cold too.

Awesome news!
God i hope model 3 delivers

#309 7 years ago

You can thank all those Roadster, Model S and Model X owners that made it possible to get the much more affordable Model 3 to market.

#310 7 years ago

Does the Model 3 have its own chassis? The roadster had a Lotus Elise chassis.

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

You can thank all those Roadster, Model S and Model X owners that made it possible to get the much more affordable Model 3 to market.

Thank all of you for buying a really expensive Tesla so i can buy a really cheap one.
I cannot thank you early buyers enough,wonderful!

IMG_4758 (resized).JPGIMG_4758 (resized).JPG

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Does the Model 3 have its own chassis? The roadster had a Lotus Elise chassis.

Hahaha,ofcourse dude!!
The roadster is vintage by now.
They build everything from scratch?

IMG_4760 (resized).JPGIMG_4760 (resized).JPG

#313 7 years ago

Not everything is from scratch. There are components from car suppliers thatwere used in other cars.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Not everything is from scratch. There are components from car suppliers thatwere used in other cars.

Some little stuff like the gear shifter is from Mercedes but the major components of the body and platform are original design.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Model 3 final unveiling in July.... but we probably could have guessed that. Hopefully August the configurators open up for us, though we'll know the details from employee leaks before that happens.

Could actually be in June for the configurators.
I believe no choice on the battery. Going to be a 75kwh.
Average price for Model 3 will probably be closer $42,000 US with choices on options available.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Could actually be in June for the configurators.
Average price for Model 3 will probably be closer $42,000 US with choices on options available.

there is also the $7500 Federal tax credit for buying an electric vehicle. for my P100D, it was nice but not that big of a deal. but for the Model 3, that's pretty huge, making a $35,000 car into a $27,500 car (or a $42k car into a $35k car, depending on configuration, and, i suppose, whether you pay taxes or not, hah).

this credit will likely expire for Tesla somewhere around Q2 2018. (it's complicated, and depends on how many vehicles they sell, and for a while there will be a $3750 credit as it gets phased out).

many states and provinces also offer their own further incentives. Ontario, for example, offers a $14,000 rebate (holy shit), free charger installation, and access to the carpool lanes. Louisiana offers up to $9500. Colorado, $5000. all on top of the Federal tax credit.

some of you might be angry that your precious tax dollars are being used to promote electric vehicles. that's a valid complaint - i hope you have the level of vitriol for the $18 billion dollars per year the Federal government spends on subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, as well.

#317 7 years ago

We get a rebate of $5000.00 currently in Vancouver. for electrics under $77,000 Canadian.
Also we have a scrap it program where you will get $3250.00 for your old beater(if you have one) if your buying a used electric. $6000.00 if you buy a new electric . My brother had a 1995 Toyota Camry with a ton of kilometres on it and got
$3250 for it when he purchased a used Nissan Leaf.
The former environment minister chief of staff who brought in the $14,000 subsidies in Ontario left his post and entered the private sector. He now has a job with Tesla. I'm not making it up. It's true.

#318 7 years ago

I think there will be at least 2 battery options if not three. Maybe 45, 60, 75. Or maybe just 60 and 75.

Quoted from Nilroc:

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

We get a rebate of $5000.00 currently in Vancouver. for electrics under $77,000 Canadian.
Also we have a scrap it program where you will get $3250.00 for your old beater(if you have one) if your buying a used electric. $6000.00 if you buy a new electric . My brother had a 1995 Toyota Camry with a ton of kilometres on it and got
$3250 for it when he purchased a used Nissan Leaf.
The former environment minister chief of staff who brought in the $14,000 subsidies in Ontario left his post and entered the private sector. He now has a job with Tesla. I'm not making it up. It's true.

And I thought California would be front of line with our $2,500 rebate. Heck, Canada, here come.....if you guys could just have warmer weather

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

And I thought California would be front of line with our $2,500 rebate. Heck, Canada, here come.....if you guys could just have warmer weather

it's beautiful in the summer. 80 to 90 degrees isn't unusual. it's just that winter comes early, stays late, and is relentlessly brutal.

#321 7 years ago

In Colorado it's $5,000 and it's not a rebate, it's instant at the time of purchase.

Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

And I thought California would be front of line with our $2,500 rebate.

#322 7 years ago

Current incentives are listed on the Tesla site:

https://www.tesla.com/support/incentives

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

there is also the $7500 Federal tax credit for buying an electric vehicle. for my P100D, it was nice but not that big of a deal. but for the Model 3, that's pretty huge, making a $35,000 car into a $27,500 car (or a $42k car into a $35k car, depending on configuration, and, i suppose, whether you pay taxes or not, hah).
this credit will likely expire for Tesla somewhere around Q2 2018. (it's complicated, and depends on how many vehicles they sell, and for a while there will be a $3750 credit as it gets phased out).
many states and provinces also offer their own further incentives. Ontario, for example, offers a $14,000 rebate (holy shit), free charger installation, and access to the carpool lanes. Louisiana offers up to $9500. Colorado, $5000. all on top of the Federal tax credit.
some of you might be angry that your precious tax dollars are being used to promote electric vehicles. that's a valid complaint - i hope you have the level of vitriol for the $18 billion dollars per year the Federal government spends on subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, as well.

Not only they get to collect tax credit/rebates they get to use the roads for free! No State and/or Federal highway taxes to be collected because they are not buying gas or diesel. The roads here are bad enough but now the greenies will bypass paying for the roads.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Not only they get to collect tax credit/rebates they get to use the roads for free! No State and/or Federal highway taxes to be collected because they are not buying gas or diesel. The roads here are bad enough but now the greenies will bypass paying for the roads.

uh huh i'm sure you love paying taxes. if it were any other product, you would consider avoiding a tax a virtue, not something to whine about.

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Well, California just changed that. We are paying an extra $100 registration fee per year for EV's only now.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i hope you have the level of vitriol for the $18 billion dollars per year the Federal government spends on subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/drillinginfo/2016/02/22/debunking-myths-about-federal-oil-gas-subsidies/#f9e14976e1cd

Even if what you said was remotely true, the Government collects an ungodly amount of taxes from both the oil companies and the sale of their products. The oil companies are successful despite the government, not because of it. Not to mention that most electric cars run on energy from fossil fuel plants.

As I mentioned before, I would like an electric car some day, but not because of it being green. I want one because they are fast! I even put in an electric car power run in my garage when I built my new house. The subsidies and tax breaks for electric cars doesn't bother me because there are so laughably few sold right now. Now that the industry is moving to the next phase of affordability, it is time to get rid of the tax breaks and let the free market take over.

#327 7 years ago

Well they (greenies) called the"electric' car a ZERO emission vehicle....
I call it a remote emission vehicle.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Depends how the electricity is being produced. Solar, wind, water....

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

early in this thread i questioned the wisdom of responding to you in good faith, suspecting you were not actually interested in the answers to your questions and that you would simply find unending excuses to fling poo at the idea of electric cars. it seems i was correct, because here you are repeating ignorant assertions i debunked way back on page one.

it's annoying that i have to repeat myself, but if you're not going to read my post the first time, i suppose i will give you a second chance:

Coal currently holds a rapidly-shrinking plurality (not a majority) of the energy generated in the states (it's about even with natural gas). neither has a majority. both are shrinking in terms of the overall share of the power grid. renewables such as solar are rapidly increasing.

the great thing about switching your national automotive fleet off of fossil fuels is that it allows you to improve the efficiency and cleanliness of every vehicle in the country simply by improving the efficiency/cleanliness of your power grid, and you reap benefits from the economy of scale. in America, as renewable sources of energy such as solar climb in importance, our power grid gets cleaner and cleaner -- thus, each successive year, the same electric car becomes cleaner, while every internal combustion engine car stays the same.

the research has already been done on the overall cradle-to-grave environmental impact of gasoline cars versus electric cars. and guess what, the electric cars, even including the manufacturing process of the batteries, are still far cleaner and more efficient, by about 50%. earlier in the thread i linked to several studies on the topic.

honestly, it's getting pretty tiresome responding to your disingenuous complaints, bob_e. this environmental concern-trolling is exactly like your complaint that they're avoiding certain taxes -- you don't actually give a crap about avoiding taxes. i bet you'd love to buy a car that let you avoid taxes. just like you don't actually worry about greenhouse emissions. come on, be honest. environmentalists piss you off, don't they? concerns about global warming aren't the root cause of your complaint -- you merely want to find some angle from which to attack Tesla. it's ok to admit it, none of us are confused about your motives.

Quoted from John_I:

Even if what you said was remotely true, the Government collects an ungodly amount of taxes from both the oil companies and the sale of their products.

of course what i said was true. it's a well-established fact that the fossil fuel industry receives around $20 billion per year in subsidies from the U.S. federal government. sure they collect taxes from those industries. they collect taxes from Tesla and every other industry as well. that doesn't negate the fact that those subsidies exist.

Quoted from John_I:

As I mentioned before, I would like an electric car some day, but not because of it being green. I want one because they are fast! I even put in an electric car power run in my garage when I built my new house. The subsidies and tax breaks for electric cars doesn't bother me because there are so laughably few sold right now. Now that the industry is moving to the next phase of affordability, it is time to get rid of the tax breaks and let the free market take over.

and that is happening -- by about Q2 2018, the federal tax credit will begin phasing out for Tesla (due to the number of vehicles sold). other states and provinces have their own rules. and like you, i bought my Tesla not because it is green, but because it is an incredible car both in terms of technological features and truly ludicrous acceleration. my previous car was not a Prius, it was Dodge Challenger. (but yeah due to the kind of arguments here, i do find myself defending its environmental cred a lot!)

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

both are shrinking in terms of the overall share of the power grid. renewables such as solar are rapidly increasing.

Allow me to just add this too - thanks to the rapidly declining cost of solar and the rise of the EV, companies like Tesla are giving consumers the ability to control our own energy.

I guess I'm one of the people who bob is now calling a "greenie" because I just signed to put solar on my house in Wisconsin earlier this week, and I've been researching EVs quite a bit lately and am thinking about getting a used Leaf until I can pick up a Tesla in a few years.

And I'll take the greenie label, but for another reason. Once my solar goes live, I won't owe my stupid energy company anything. Rate rise? Okay, I get it myself.

An EV is an extension of this. If I get a Leaf, not just do I not have to pay for gas at gas stations with prices I don't influence, but I also don't have to waste my time at gas stations fueling up. Just get home and plug in.

If I'm not generating enough power, I can add some solar panels and do it all myself.

For me, there is a definite carbon bonus in my move away from fossil fuels, but the reality of the situation is after I add solar (which, by the way, has an 8 year payoff) and get an EV, I will be saving at least $200 / month for energy (gas and electric).

As a lot of other industries have become decentralized, they have flourished. In the not too distant future, I expect the same thing to happen to the energy markets, and when it does it will be a win for everyone.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In Colorado it's $5,000 and it's not a rebate, it's instant at the time of purchase.

Sorry I used the wrong word(rebate) In Canada it is is also an incentive and it's also instant at the time of purchase.

#332 7 years ago

From EIA.gov: https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

Major energy sources and percent shares of U.S. electricity generation at utility-scale facilities in 2016

Natural gas = 33.8%
Coal = 30.4%
Nuclear = 19.7%
Renewables (total) = 14.9%
Hydropower = 6.5%
Wind = 5.6%
Biomass = 1.5%
Solar = 0.9%
Geothermal = 0.4%
Petroleum = 0.6%
Other gases = 0.3%
Other nonrenewable sources = 0.3%
Pumped storage hydroelectricity = -0.2%4

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

From EIA.gov: https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3
Major energy sources and percent shares of U.S. electricity generation at utility-scale facilities in 2016
Natural gas = 33.8%
Coal = 30.4%
Nuclear = 19.7%
Renewables (total) = 14.9%
Hydropower = 6.5%
Wind = 5.6%
Biomass = 1.5%
Solar = 0.9%
Geothermal = 0.4%
Petroleum = 0.6%
Other gases = 0.3%
Other nonrenewable sources = 0.3%
Pumped storage hydroelectricity = -0.2%4

I have 49 solar panels on my 3 roofs of my property,in the Netherlands,i power my entire street!
So other numbers on this side of the ocean
I installed everything myself and also bought some nice second hand stuff.
I even made a set of 10 solar panels myself with some youtube tutorials.
Succeeded and this set has been running solid for 2.5 years now...another year and it has paid itself back.
Been heavily addicted to the solar hobby but i ran out of roof space so now i am basically looking for a new drug in Tesla.(my girlfriend explained that to me in a really calm way so even i understand )

Anyway,my motivation for buying a Tesla is first and foremost:
1)I can charge it for free with my own solar powered house!

Runner up:
2)my mercedes is leaking oil in my new superclean driveway which makes me sick.
That oil stain makes me want to push it off a cliff!

3)Love the name Tesla,Nikolai Tesla etc.

4)Tesla showroom and cars make you feel like you are buying a ferrari.

5)Searching for a replacement for my mercedes was boring...clueless what to buy cause gasoline cars aren't that advanced at all.
Teslas are high tech and sexy!

6)I kinda feel bad when i am throttling my car,i am super aware of my ridiculous amount of exhaust i am producing at that moment.
(I also have that awareness with toiletpaper and using water when i brush my teeth etc.)
I think i'll feel much better when my new car has 0 emission.
It's the right way for me,not for everybody,but i will feel way better about myself.

7)Autopilot and summon is soooo cool..

8-->I want to go to mars too and Elon will create an awesome party dome on mars and only Tesla owners will be invited,ha! Up yours Bob_e !
Too bad!
You can enjoy the exhaust fumes of our SpaceX rocket and wave at us the day we leave you behind!

IMG_4894 (resized).JPGIMG_4894 (resized).JPG

#334 7 years ago

IMG_4896 (resized).JPGIMG_4896 (resized).JPG

#335 7 years ago

Just messing with you Bob_e ,i have nothing against nobody...just noticed you and i needed your name for my joke.
Could have been anybody

#336 7 years ago

Just messing with you Bob_e ,i have nothing against nobody...just noticed you and i needed your name for my joke.
Could have been anybody

I HAD A GOOD LAUGH TOO!

My Malibu convertible leaks transmission fluid, and burns more oil that your Mercedes.

diesel (resized).jpgdiesel (resized).jpg

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Buy a Diesel.

Just stay away from VW, Audi, Porsche, and I guess Mercedes got called out as well

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I HAD A GOOD LAUGH TOO!
My Malibu convertible leaks transmission fluid, and burns more oil that your Mercedes.

Hahahaha,nothing beats a good old solid cummins diesel but you are unable to breath in a
100 foot radius..i hate the smell of diesel exhaust,i actually somehow have the idea that petrol car exhaust is healtier!

IMG_4901 (resized).JPGIMG_4901 (resized).JPG

#339 7 years ago

So, as a person who only buys black cars, anyone else considering blue after seeing the pics?

model-3-blue-rc-3 (resized).jpgmodel-3-blue-rc-3 (resized).jpg
model-3-blue-rc-2 (resized).jpgmodel-3-blue-rc-2 (resized).jpg

#340 7 years ago

I love my blue S. There's too many black and grey ones out there.

IMG_2500 (resized).jpgIMG_2500 (resized).jpg

#341 7 years ago

You can have any color you want , only if it is black.

oh that was said about the Model T not the "S"

#342 7 years ago

Not really a fan of any of Tesla's colors. Had to take matters into my own hands. But yeah the blue is probably the prettiest.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

You can have any color you want , only if it is black.
oh that was said about the Model T not the "S"

Ha! That's funny

Quoted from pezpunk:

Not really a fan of any of Tesla's colors. Had to take matters into my own hands. But yeah the blue is probably the prettiest.

Okay what color did you paint your Tesla?
Or did you have it wrapped?
Show us what you got!

#344 7 years ago

My son and i visited the Tesla dealer again today and drove the model S for 40 minutes.
Real impressed by the one pedal driving,you won't wear out your breaks on a Tesla anytime soon?
It felt great and lived up to all my expectations.
It feels like a million bucks.
We are in on the model 3 as you all know and it kinda sucks we can't buy a model S in the meantime...
I predict a price decrease of the model S when model 3 deliveries start.
I don't want to lose a bunch of cash on a model S so meantime we are driving the mercedes(will have to repair the oil leak asap)till the 3 gets delivered.
It is my first brand new car after 30 years of working my ass off so it is kind of a big deal.
I gave my son the moment of the final mouseclick to order the Tesla model 3,he is just as excited as me..
My wife and daughter are sceptic about our new selfdriving robot car

IMG_4994 (resized).JPGIMG_4994 (resized).JPG

IMG_4997 (resized).JPGIMG_4997 (resized).JPG

#345 7 years ago

We were welcomed by this model X...

IMG_4998 (resized).JPGIMG_4998 (resized).JPG

#346 7 years ago

We wanted to look at the showroom floor first and found the roadster!
The little car where it all started for Elon.

IMG_5001 (resized).JPGIMG_5001 (resized).JPG

#347 7 years ago

It was hard to get in there,but me being 6 foot 4 and still having headroom is impressive!

IMG_4999 (resized).JPGIMG_4999 (resized).JPG

#348 7 years ago

Sexy...

IMG_5002 (resized).JPGIMG_5002 (resized).JPG

#349 7 years ago

This chassis is so cool,it gives you an idea of how simple these cars are?
Just 2 motors,2 tiny trannies,axles and a batterie pack in the bottom?!
Beautiful piece of aluminium.

IMG_5003 (resized).JPGIMG_5003 (resized).JPG

IMG_5004 (resized).JPGIMG_5004 (resized).JPG

IMG_5005 (resized).JPGIMG_5005 (resized).JPG

IMG_5006 (resized).JPGIMG_5006 (resized).JPG

#350 7 years ago

This was our ride,a brand new model S...yes...brand new!
Sadly it wasn't updated yet for summon and autopilot.
But hey,drove a new model S!

IMG_5007 (resized).JPGIMG_5007 (resized).JPG

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.