Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 67.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What about insurance? I’m hearing these things are very expensive to insure?

My insurance went way up from my 08 Sentra.

So I checked two other places.

My insurance then went down by $200 from what it was with the Sentra every six months for the same coverage with my Model 3. Their safety factors make premiums lower. And, Tesla launched their own insurance in a state or two, and it's supposed to be even cheaper.

Not here though.

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

My insurance went way up from my 08 Sentra.
So I checked two other places.
My insurance then went down by $200 from what it was with the Sentra every six months for the same coverage with my Model 3. Their safety factors make premiums lower. And, Tesla launched their own insurance in a state or two, and it's supposed to be even cheaper.
Not here though.

In Australia we are so far behind on anything tech the insurance companies are all scared. It should be significantly cheaper due the ridiculous safety features, but they just see 0-100 in under 4s and price it like a high performance sports car.

#2903 4 years ago

Next question. Is the Model S that much better than the Tesla 3 Performance? Why would I get a Model S over the 3?

#2904 4 years ago

Just bought a 2008 Tesla Roadster. Looking forward to getting it. Having to ship it from Chicago to Jacksonville. Here is a pic of it in the showroom.

Used-2008-Tesla-Roadster-VERY-RARE-EXAMPLE-1-OF-2450 (1) (resized).jpgUsed-2008-Tesla-Roadster-VERY-RARE-EXAMPLE-1-OF-2450 (1) (resized).jpg
#2905 4 years ago

Nice ride Brian! Enjoy!!

#2906 4 years ago

I spent about a week seriously considering a T3 to replace my '02 Honda Civic. Ultimately went with a Honda Accord Hybrid due to cost differential, backseat legroom (not at all bad in the T3, just stellar in the Accord), and not wanting to deal with the hassle of wiring my garage for a charge port. At the rate I replace cars my next one probably won't have a steering wheel, but I'll admit I'm still envious of my neighbor's Tesla.

#2907 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Just bought a 2008 Tesla Roadster. Looking forward to getting it.

Wow, awesome! Please post some thoughts about it when you get it. A small part of me has been thinking about trying to get one eventually, although the logical part of me has overruled that and I expect it will continue to do so. But I think that will be a great investment too!

#2908 4 years ago

Major Ghostbusters pinball update and now V10?

What to play, what to play?

Just need V10 to finish downloading!!!

#2909 4 years ago

I got a Model 3 yesterday! As for insurance, I kept my 2013 Honda Fit and have full insurance on both and it went up $200 to add the 3. My wife and I both have clean records so that might be helping as well. Progressive has a discount for EVs too.

I wish I could get TNA’s “Welcome to the Future” call out and screen shot when I get in the car! Lol

#2910 4 years ago

What colors did you guys get?

Should I get standard range plus or performance?

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

What colors did you guys get?
Should I get standard range plus or performance?

I have Grey LR RWD, if you the kind of person that will a push a car hard on the road or take it to the track then get performance. I suspect a lot of the people getting the performance will never push the car harder than a SR+ does. Any Tesla is plenty quick enough if all your going to do is launch on occasion so people new to an EV can experience it. If you enjoy having the flashy version I don't think the average Joe really recognizes the performance at a glance anyway so not really worth it for looks.

#2912 4 years ago

How much more to get the performance? I have the performance model S and I love launching.

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Just bought a 2008 Tesla Roadster. Looking forward to getting it. Having to ship it from Chicago to Jacksonville. Here is a pic of it in the showroom.[quoted image]

Awesome. Was the battery replaced, or do you plan to do the swap?

#2914 4 years ago

I have owned my performance model 3 for like a week. I drove a pickup before. I absolutely love the model 3. It is a blast to drive. It is super fast and crazy fun to drive. I would suggest anyone looking for a new car to give it a test drive. You will be sold.

Cheers

#2915 4 years ago

I own other sports cars (911, RS...). Model 3 would only be for winter months but since I'm used to "fast" cars performance seems the obvious. On the other hand since it's only for winter months usage, SR+ might do the trick. That's why I'm asking real owners

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I own other sports cars (911, RS...). Model 3 would only be for winter months but since I'm used to "fast" cars performance seems the obvious. On the other hand since it's only for winter months usage, SR+ might do the trick. That's why I'm asking real owners

Get the performance then. You probably can afford it and you don’t want it to feel slow compared..

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

If the money isn't a huge object, get the performance. The extra battery distance can come in handy. I own a AWD version, and while money is an issue to me, I will admit from time to time I had gone performance. Since you do accelerate in straight lines often you actually get to use it too.

If money is mke of an object, I did a lot of math and the SR+ doesn't save a ton of money over the LR unless you are often going a long way. (200+ miles per day). I think for my 1700ish mile road trip this summer with hotels with chargers, it would have been an extra 10 minutes a day on average (over nine days) to charge. Especially with more faster chargers coming, the SR+ is still an ultra capable car.

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Awesome. Was the battery replaced, or do you plan to do the swap?

Range is still near 200 miles on the original battery. Hopefully no issues for a few years at least.

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wow, awesome! Please post some thoughts about it when you get it. A small part of me has been thinking about trying to get one eventually, although the logical part of me has overruled that and I expect it will continue to do so. But I think that will be a great investment too!

Just got it a couple days ago. Have driven it around the office a few times enjoying the acceleration and drove home in stop and go traffic yesterday. I knew it was a small car but was still a little shocked to see it in person. So far I am really liking it. The 120V charging cord has an issue with the GFCI in it which I am going to fix tonight. The headliner on the hard top was saging but I found an upholstery place that fixed it in a couple hours. The TPMS sensors are showing a fault and it is riding on its original 2008 tires. I bought new TPMS sensors and have new tires on order.

Tomorrow I'm taking it to the Jacksonville Cars & Coffee. Will see how it does on the highway and for a bit of an extended drive.

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Range is still near 200 miles on the original battery. Hopefully no issues for a few years at least.

That’s quite impressive considering the age. I expect the Model 3 range after 10 years to be equally impressive.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Just got it a couple days ago. Have driven it around the office a few times enjoying the acceleration and drove home in stop and go traffic yesterday. I knew it was a small car but was still a little shocked to see it in person. So far I am really liking it. The 120V charging cord has an issue with the GFCI in it which I am going to fix tonight. The headliner on the hard top was saging but I found an upholstery place that fixed it in a couple hours. The TPMS sensors are showing a fault and it is riding on its original 2008 tires. I bought new TPMS sensors and have new tires on order.
Tomorrow I'm taking it to the Jacksonville Cars & Coffee. Will see how it does on the highway and for a bit of an extended drive.

Glad to see that you got one. I'll be curious how this changes your view on ICE cars over the first year or so considering your experience with the automotive industry.

#2922 4 years ago

So I finally did a test drive with both LR and Performance today.

First of all performance feels and is much faster so this would definitely be the one to go for. Interior is very nice and having the speedometer on the big screen is no issue at all.

However, the car doesn't feel at all like other sport cars It's just too big sedan and not hard enough even on the 20 inch wheels.

I really wanted to love it and buy one on the spot but felt no love.

#2923 4 years ago

well, have a used 2016 Model S 90D being shipped from Chicago to San Diego this week to purchase (getting a remote car thru tesla costs a bit but also ensures the car still qualifies for the carpool lane). Delivery person setup appt on Sat. A bit nervous about this whole process but I do like the S's more than 3's and don't mind the AP1&MCU1 limitations (at least currently). ~$2500 more than a new Model 3 LR AWD, similar range (S:294(degraded i'm sure) vs 3:310). Will see how it goes, wish me luck!

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

However, the car doesn't feel at all like other sport cars It's just too big sedan and not hard enough even on the 20 inch wheels.

Because it's not a sports car. It's a luxury car with a lot of power, and a lot of weight, tipping the scales at over 4,000 lbs for the P3.

#2925 4 years ago

Indeed, I had wrong expectations.

#2926 4 years ago

If you want something really sporty with some luxury, and are ok with an ICE car, you might look at the BMW M2 Competition. It's getting great reviews.

2 weeks later
#2927 4 years ago

Damn, looks like Tesla isn't doomed not a bad earnings and looks like everyone is jumping back on the wagon.

P.S. I love that some US media is running that sales are down 2% in the US still trying to push the whole doom and gloom narrative.

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How we Lookin' Today?

You were smart enough to buy in when it dropped below $200, right?

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 6.06.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-24 at 6.06.59 PM (resized).png
#2930 4 years ago

I did by more Tesla at $200.00

#2931 4 years ago

Fine by me. Let them spread FUD. I'll buy more, and more, and more. Just like Apple and Amazon years ago ... I went all in, and they lost.

#2932 4 years ago

Roaring ahead.

Picked up a bulk of shares at the open this morning ... and good timing it was.

TESLA! (resized).pngTESLA! (resized).png
3 weeks later
#2933 4 years ago

So seems like it's the best EV out there and real competion will at least take another year so I'm thinking of getting one next week.

2 questions for owners:

- Isn't the rear view window really small when driving?

- Do you recommend Long Range or Performance? Price is not the issue.

Thanks a lot in advance!

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So seems like it's the best EV out there and real competion will at least take another year so I'm thinking of getting one next week.
2 questions for owners:
Thanks a lot in advance!

The review depends on what your used to, for me it was pretty much the same but I drove a hard top convertible before and it had a tiny fold up rear window. If your used to sitting high in an SUV with a big flat rear window the Tesla is going to take some getting used to, you look up and out the back so its not the best view of the road.

Long Range Vs Performance with out considering cost is a landslide for the performance. That comparison is nonsensical the performance is the superior vehicle in ever aspect.

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

2 questions for owners:

Thanks a lot in advance!

I have the LR and can confirm it's stupid fast.
After the latest software update, the regular LR can go 0 to 60 in under 4 sec while the performance can do it in just under 3 sec.
Other than acceleration/torque etc, are there any real differences between the LR and Performance? I believe you can customize the wheels and interior etc of LR so I don't see any reason to get the performance other than the difference in power output... but if you do want the extra acceleration, sure go performance model.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

2 questions for owners:
Thanks a lot in advance!

What wheels you want is the biggest question. If you buy a non Performance, it comes with Aero wheels standard. I personally love them and they boost range by about 5 or so percent. They now sell Performance cars with Aero wheels but I guess you need to ask specifically for them. If I was going to do it all over again, that's probably what I'd pick.

If you don't plan to use it as a road tripper, the Performance with Performance wheels would be my choice.

I bought a LR AWD more for the wheels and adore it.

Also, if you are buying make sure to use a referral code. Mine is https://ts.la/daniel49719

I don't care if you use mine or not - if you have a friend with one, use theirs - but you get 1,000 free Supercharger miles with it. It's probably worth $50-75, but hey, why not?

Enjoy. I love it more today than I did when I got it and would buy the exact same car if money were no object and I could get any car I wanted today. Well, except it would be Performance with the Aero wheels

#2937 4 years ago

I should add I have the LR RWD bought it with Areo and run those rims as my winters. I bought a nice set of 19s for summers. I love my long range but I have topped it out and the performance has longer legs and way more horsepower. If your considering performance and money is no option I assume your the kind of guy that more horsepower is always better. If your just going to do daily driving the LR has more than enough for that. If you want to play Steve McQueen from Bullitt and get a little crazy the performance is totally the way to go. I guess where you live would be a big factor are you going to have a chance to take it out and open it up. The LR will do 140 mph are you going to take advantage of the Performance 160 mph also 4 vs 3 seconds 0-60 is huge difference.

#2938 4 years ago

Save yourself a lot of headaches and buy a Taycan or Rivian

#2939 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

also 4 vs 3 seconds 0-60 is huge difference.

Is there really a big difference? My model 3 is the fastest car I've ever driven. 0 to 60 is still faster than a BMW M3 or Z4.
Now I'm curious to try a performance model to compare.

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

Is there really a big difference? My model 3 is the fastest car I've ever driven. 0 to 60 is still faster than a BMW M3 or Z4.
Now I'm curious to try a performance model to compare.

It's all the perspective sure the Model 3 LR is a quick little car, but its not a super car, the Performance is super car territory.

#2941 4 years ago

I was sure I wanted the long range. Drove it and thought it was great. Salesman gave me the card to a performance and I was blown away. As soon as I felt the acceleration I was done. Buy the performance, especially if money not a concern.

#2942 4 years ago

While hurling yourself to speed in the least number of seconds is exhilarating, it gets played. I’m 50 and starting to slow down a bit ... so you whippersnappers back off.

I love my LR dual motor, without exception. 0-60 in about 4.4 seconds is plenty fast. User Adams says it less than 4, but I don’t know of anyone getting that level of kick. I have the latest software update ... if less than 4 is a reality I’ll be blow away. Web site currently states 4.4.

Performance owners complain of bent rims due to the low profile. I’ll agree, and share that I bent a rim on my LR due to a pothole. Replacement tires from Tesla are stooopid expensive.

#2943 4 years ago

Stock continues to soar ... and I’m quite happy I got back in a month ago.
8A3A3FE5-485A-49CA-B964-98D23D74E32B (resized).jpeg8A3A3FE5-485A-49CA-B964-98D23D74E32B (resized).jpeg

Btw, MrBally hasnt chimed in on the good news. How’s your situation working out champ?
88A06A5C-8D72-4EA2-A54C-5B9ACC671452 (resized).jpeg88A06A5C-8D72-4EA2-A54C-5B9ACC671452 (resized).jpeg

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Hahahahahaha

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

You’ve owned all three?

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

While hurling yourself to speed in the least number of seconds is exhilarating, it gets played. I’m 50 and starting to slow down a bit ... so you whippersnappers back off.

I have loved launched roller coasters ever since riding my first, so I hope the thrill never wears off for me. In fact, I was really happy to note that the Model 3 launch is the same speed as my favorite launched coaster, Flight of Fear...

Quoted from pinster68:

I love my LR dual motor, without exception. 0-60 in about 4.4 seconds is plenty fast. User Adams says it less than 4, but I don’t know of anyone getting that level of kick. I have the latest software update ... if less than 4 is a reality I’ll be blow away. Web site currently states 4.4.

Tesla for whatever reason has never updated the web site to note the changes between them. When it was delivered, it was 4.4 seconds, and they have had two 5% increases since that point. If we say it should have increased it's speed by 10%, then it would reduce the 0-60 speed by 0.44 seconds, thus making it under 4 seconds now.

Which actually makes it faster than Flight of Fear

IMAG0767 (resized).jpgIMAG0767 (resized).jpg
#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have loved launched roller coasters ever since riding my first, so I hope the thrill never wears off for me.

Fair. To be more accurate it’s just that my opportunities to go nuts on a clear and unobstructed stretch of highway or on-ramp are limited. When those opportunities are there, I often take them, and it feels great. All other times it seems I have to sacrifice being a dick to someone else on the road and/or nailing it only to have to merge onto a congested highway ... I’m asking myself why I just did that ... I launched to 90mph only to slow down and queue up behind traffic for the next 20 minutes to work. It seems senseless.

That said, I don’t want to poo poo anyone who is enjoying the ride. Have a blast. But consider your buffer of safety around you.

#2948 4 years ago

Btw, now I do have to test my 0-60 times. Very curious of the current performance.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

That said, I don’t want to poo poo anyone who is enjoying the ride. Have a blast. But consider your buffer of safety around you.

I don't go crazy, and I don't even do anything illegal. I like to launch myself when lights change from red to green, and whenever I get to go on the freeway

I actually find it odd - a lot of the time, not off lights, not after I've done that, I have people in cars that my car could toast seem to pull up and challenge me. Honda Accords and Nissan Altima's tend to do it the most. They then proceed to drive like morons, accelerating to way above the speed limit, passing in the parking lane, and whatnot. I never challenge them, but it's also nice to know that if they ever do ram into me, I have the car doing it's thing dash-cam recording at all times

#2950 4 years ago

As long as you never drive the performance, you don’t need it. But make sure you never drive one. Doug Demoro just did an update review, this time with a P. Watch his face when he punches it. This from someone who has driven a Sena, P1, Atom, you name it.

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.