Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 67.
#1651 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Does the tesla steering wheel spin eternally? Because I don't know any other way to play pole position.

Haha, maybe you're thinking of Super Sprint, where you must spin the wheel to win. You shouldn't ever spin the wheel at Pole Position. I played the hell out of both back in the day.

#1652 5 years ago

LOL, so is it still all over for Tesla? Damn that is going to be painful for the shorts.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

LOL, so is it still all over for Tesla? Damn that is going to be painful for the shorts.
[quoted image]

After hours trading is currently at 328

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Did anyone else see the tweet from Elon saying that you'll be able to play classic Atari games as easter eggs in all Teslas in about 4 weeks? Pole Position using the steering wheel??? GTFO

In russia, tetris plays you!

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Q2 earnings are out and they're much better than I expected. After hours trading on Tesla is up 5% at the moment as a result.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/1/17639588/tesla-earning-q2-2018-model-3-production

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Haha, maybe you're thinking of Super Sprint, where you must spin the wheel to win. You shouldn't ever spin the wheel at Pole Position. I played the hell out of both back in the day.

I used to repair them on Route back in the day. Same basic opto encoder on Pole Position, Sprint and Sprint 2, Fire Fighter etc.

#1657 5 years ago

July’s sales numbers are in, Tesla sold 14,250 Model 3’s last month! At an average of $50,000 that’s over 700 million dollars in revenue from one car alone, and well over double what they sold in June.

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I used to repair them on Route back in the day. Same basic opto encoder on Pole Position, Sprint and Sprint 2, Fire Fighter etc.

No doubt. Man I dropped a lot of quarters on Pole Position. Good times.

#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

July’s sales numbers are in, Tesla sold 14,250 Model 3’s last month! At an average of $50,000 that’s over 700 million dollars in revenue from one car alone, and well over double what they sold in June.
https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

I assume the loss is because of infrastructure build up and not selling an item that cannot make money at the pricepoint. It takes time to start pulling a profit when you are building complex devices. It kind of reminds me of JJP on steroids. Building in volume at the right pricepoint is the way to success.
Hopefully both JJP and Tesla succeed long term.

#1660 5 years ago

I’ll just leave this here.

#1661 5 years ago

With all the professional analysis of Tesla and coverage of electric vehicle sales, I am riveted to my monitor for Aug results already. Monthly production - 2018 vs 2017.

#1662 5 years ago

Things are looking up!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#1663 5 years ago

From CNBC:
"Tesla shorts lose more than $1 billion on post-earnings surge
Tesla stock traded more than 10 percent higher Thursday at $331.90 per share, meaning short sellers have taken over a $1.1 billion mark-to-market loss on their 35.1 million of shares shorted, estimates S3.
Tesla chief executive Elon Musk has actively criticized and trolled investors short his company's stock this year. Most recently, the CEO bashed Greenlight Capital's David Einhorn."

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

From CNBC:
"Tesla shorts lose more than $1 billion on post-earnings surge
Tesla stock traded more than 10 percent higher Thursday at $331.90 per share, meaning short sellers have taken over a $1.1 billion mark-to-market loss on their 35.1 million of shares shorted, estimates S3.
Tesla chief executive Elon Musk has actively criticized and trolled investors short his company's stock this year. Most recently, the CEO bashed Greenlight Capital's David Einhorn."

This new thing that the media and investors actively try and destroy an American company is so weird, imagine if they actually wanted the company to do well. I'll never understand it, the worlds most advanced cars in technology, safety, the environment and they are pure joy to drive and people just flushed a billion dollars in the toilet in hopes that they would fail.

#1665 5 years ago

From the shareholders meeting:

Top 5 vehicles traded in for a TESLA MODEL 3 from Jan - July

1) Toyota Prius
2) BMW 3 Series
3) Honda Accord
4) Honda Civic
5) Nissan Leaf

What a disrupter the Model 3 is beginning to be. Tesla still isn't producing the cheapest version of the Model 3 yet. Just wait until they do! Very impressive.

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This new thing that the media and investors actively try and destroy an American company is so weird, imagine if they actually wanted the company to do well. I'll never understand it, the worlds most advanced cars in technology, safety, the environment and they are pure joy to drive and people just flushed a billion dollars in the toilet in hopes that they would fail.

The reason that the media wants Tesla to fail is quite simple to figure out. Media runs on add revenue. Tesla doesn’t advertise. Other automakers spend huge amounts in marketing. Protect your bread and butter.

And if Tesla gets into “serious” money problems; I’d expect spacex to jump in and help again. SpaceX is a private company and it will never go public. They don’t plan on making profit for investors, they plan to get people to mars, and their doing quite well financially.

#1667 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’d expect spacex to jump in and help again.

Again?

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

What a disrupter the Model 3 is beginning to be.

Just wait until these things are all in the junkyard and they are using the scrap metal to make Toyotas and Hondas, and we'll see how big a disrupter they really are.

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just wait until these things are all in the junkyard and they are using the scrap metal to make Toyotas and Hondas, and we'll see how big a disrupter they really are.

I highly doubt that will ever happen. Teslas can run for a long long long time and many many many miles.
Check this out:

https://electrek.co/2017/08/30/tesla-model-s-hits-300000-miles-in-just-2-years-saving/

#1671 5 years ago

Another thing hidden in the earnings report is the humongous number of vehicles they listed “in transit” instead of delivered, as a way of extending the tax credit for another quarter. Those vehicles alone account for about $600 million of their $700 million loss. They damn near broke even THIS quarter, and those sales will count towards next, along with the aggressive ramp up, and the fact that 50% of their recent sales are for the upscale Performance / long range versions of the 3.

It’s going to be bonkers when Tesla officially announces positive cash flow 3 months from now. Strap in.

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Wow, generalize much? You're not only wrong, you feel like it's okay to insult everyone who owns a Tesla? You're not worth the effort, but many pages back I posted proof that Teslas actually have vastly greater resale value than any other luxury car.

I've owned my P85 for more than five years and have no intent to sell mine at all. It's rock solid. OTOH I've sold all my other luxury cars within three years - BMWs, Mercedes, Audis. When I do, it'll be another Tesla, you can count on it. It's also a fact that most Tesla owners buy another Tesla.

But don't let the facts get in your way.

#1673 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

It’s going to be bonkers when Tesla officially announces positive cash flow 3 months from now. Strap in.

Yeah and I read today, but didn't verify, that the short squeeze hasn't even begun yet. I expect money to be taken off the table and the stock price to drop a ways before skyrocketing up on Q3 earnings.

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Derp derp, need me a hemi!

Have fun being left behind.

#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Wow, generalize much? You're not only wrong, you feel like it's okay to insult everyone who owns a Tesla?

Get back to me in five years and tell me you're still driving the same car and I'll let you know.

Sensitive much?

You could tell me Toyota owners are idiots and I wouldn't be offended. I've been driving the same one for over 10 years.

#1676 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Get back to me in five years and tell me you're still driving the same car and I'll let you know.
Sensitive much?
You could tell me Toyota owners are idiots and I wouldn't be offended. I've been driving the same one for over 10 years.

I couldn’t be less interested in staying in touch with you, sir.

I’m sick of people posting lies and bullshit about Tesla and I’ll call a lie a lie and a misrepresentation as such every time I see it. The facts, sir, are not with you.

FWIW I own a diesel 1980 Land Cruiser that I love, had it for more than 15 years. I’ve owned several Toyotas and had excellent experiences with all of them. I think Toyotas are rock solid 20th century technology. It’s a shame that Toyota went down the hydrogen dead end road. Given that the Toyota Prius is the #1 car being traded in for the Tesla Model 3, they’re in trouble.

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Good, because I can tell you aren't the kind of person I care for anyway.

I didn't read this as-

"Tesla Snob owners thread, nobody else welcome".

But to keep it simple-

"Who in in on Tesla Model 3?"

Not fucking me. I don't need a new car, especially one from an unproven company, when the one I'm driving still works fine.

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

It’s a shame that Toyota went down the hydrogen dead end road.

it's also a shame they stopped innovating. While nearly every other car company is adding hi-tech features (none quite as much as tesla), toyota is happy with their nearly bone stock vehicles (but they'll sell you 20% of those features if you buy the top package model). My wife's parents are stuck on toyota and bought a sienna about 2 years ago. Not only does the navigation system suck, but you CANNOT make changes to your route unless you park the car. There is no armrest navigation, everything is touch screen only. There's not even a "but I'm a passenger" button. Your phone app is more advanced than the $1200 navigation system toyota sold you. Ironic that my username has toyota in it, and even I don't support them anymore.

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

it's also a shame they stopped innovating. While nearly every other car company is adding hi-tech features (none quite as much as tesla), toyota is happy with their nearly bone stock vehicles (but they'll sell you 20% of those features if you buy the top package model). My wife's parents are stuck on toyota and bought a sienna about 2 years ago. Not only does the navigation system suck, but you CANNOT make changes to your route unless you park the car. There is no armrest navigation, everything is touch screen only. There's not even a "but I'm a passenger" button. Your phone app is more advanced than the $1200 navigation system toyota sold you. Ironic that my username has toyota in it, and even I don't support them anymore.

It really is a shame. Toyota had a early lead with the RAV4 EV and even a massive partnership with Tesla.

The navigation system problems you talk about reflect other automaker’s lack of experience in modern software. I had similar frustrating experiences with my Mom’s 2018 Mustang. It’s a beautiful car, IMO Ford’s best looking Mustang. I love the styling. But the software is god awful nanny-ware with a user interface straight out of the ‘80s.

#1680 5 years ago

I'm happy Toyota's not going out of their way to overstuff with a bunch of high-tech bullshit. It means if my 20 year old Tacoma ever does take a shit, I'll be able to get one somewhat easy to operate.

I've seen the malfunction junction of a lot of these gadgets you don't really need, and how much it costs to fix them. How did we ever manage to get where we going before the car figured it for us?

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good, because I can tell you aren't the kind of person I care for anyway.
I didn't read this as-
"Tesla Snob owners thread, nobody else welcome".

Personal insults aren’t bolstering your argument, they’re reducing it.

Everyone is welcome. It’s a public forum. But bullshit and misrepresentations are not. Like this next one:

Quoted from o-din:

especially one from an unproven company

They’ve been making cars for over a decade, with over seven billion miles logged:
https://electrek.co/2018/04/22/tesla-fleet-miles-energy-products/

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Personal insults aren’t bolstering your argument, they’re reducing it.

Quoted from Brijam:

Pardon me, but have you any Grey Poupon?

#1683 5 years ago

Ya again. It’s a well known story. In 2008 after their 3rd falcon rocket failed, both Tesla and SpaceX were on the verge of bankruptcy, Elon was going through a divorce. He’s been very candid about it. That was a very difficult time for him. But the 4th falcon rocket flew, they won a contract that provided SpaceX with enough funds to pull Tesla back from the brink of collapse. I think Elon even gave a TED Talk about it. There has been a couple interviews where he was almost in tears reminiscing about that time in his career.

I like Elon Musk, I love Tesla cars a lot, but I mostly love thrive tech and innovation. Let’s not sugar coat things. It’s been a rough journey.

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ya again. It’s a well known story. In 2008 after their 3rd falcon rocket failed, both Tesla and SpaceX were on the verge of bankruptcy, Elon was going through a divorce. He’s been very candid about it. That was a very difficult time for him. But the 4th falcon rocket flew, they won a contract that provided SpaceX with enough funds to pull Tesla back from the brink of collapse. I think Elon even gave a TED Talk about it. There has been a couple interviews where he was almost in tears reminiscing about that time in his career.
I like Elon Musk, I love Tesla cars a lot, but I mostly love thrive tech and innovation. Let’s not sugar coat things. It’s been a rough journey.

Who is pretending they’ve had an easy time? It’s been touch and go since they started. It’s only now that they’ve started shipping the Model 3 in quantity that they can be profitable.

Do you mean this story?
https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/14/8605597/elon-musk-discusses-spacex-tesla-near-bankruptcy

Because at least in that telling, SpaceX getting a NASA contract and Musk securing more funds from his investors for Tesla on Christmas Eve aren’t connected. They happened at about the same time, but at least according to that story, SpaceX didn’t give Tesla money. Do you have another source?

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm happy Toyota's not going out of their way to overstuff with a bunch of high-tech bullshit

I don't usually complain about my basic scion XD, but man driving my wife's fully loaded mazda cx-5 is a huge jump in features. auto wipers, easy navigation wheel, lane departure detection, distance settable cruise control, heated seats, sunroof. Can I live without all these features? Sure, but they're starting to become the norm. At one time power windows used to be a "feature", then honda managed to cost reduce the electric one down until it was cheaper than the manual crank. Toyota might be reliable, but the boring "appliance car" is becoming more true every year.

#1686 5 years ago

I've been watching Rich Builds and his channel is funny as shit. He reminds me of those here that bring back pins from death and shoot fire and vinegar.

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Toyota might be reliable, but the boring "appliance car" is becoming more true every year.

You make a good point, but boring with less complicated gadgets, to me is less things to distract the driver, and in the end makes an overall safer drive. I mean remember the old radios with two knobs and five pushbuttons you could work without looking at it? Or a simple AC control without a computer screen and a ton of options?

I know, now you just tell it what to do, but I think you might get my point.

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You make a good point, but boring with less complicated gadgets, to me is less things to distract the driver, and in the end makes an overall safer drive. I mean remember the old radios with two knobs and five pushbuttons you could work without looking at it?

I agree on both points - we should have less ways to distract drivers and more simplicity.

One of the things I like about my Land Cruiser is how few controls there are. But you still have to reach and move your hands off the wheel to turn up the volume, which isn’t safe, even if you don’t have to look.

But on my Tesla I hold down a button on the wheel and say “play [just about anything ever recorded]” and it plays. I click the wheel to pause the music, or move the scroll wheel with my thumb to increase/decrease volume. My hands never leave the wheel, my eyes never leave the road. Much easier, much safer. Fewer moving parts. No CDs, tapes, 8-track cassettes. No commercials. More reliable. Way cooler.

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

But on my Tesla I hold down a button on the wheel and say “play [just about anything ever recorded]” and it plays. I click the wheel to pause the music, or move the scroll wheel with my thumb to increase/decrease volume. My hands never leave the wheel, my eyes never leave the road. Much easier, much safer. Fewer moving parts. No CDs, tapes, 8-track cassettes. No commercials. More reliable. Way cooler.

I totally get that. But I see all makes and models of vehicles everyday and there is no standard anymore. And like I mentioned some even have a computer screen to make adjustments to both music and climate and whatever else. Some of which i can't figure out while the car is standing still without pulling out the owners manual, if it is still there. So great if you drive the one vehicle all the time, not so great if you are driving someone elses or a loner while your is in the shop.

#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You make a good point, but boring with less complicated gadgets, to me is less things to distract the driver, and in the end makes an overall safer drive. I mean remember the old radios with two knobs and five pushbuttons you could work without looking at it? Or a simple AC control without a computer screen and a ton of options?
I know, now you just tell it what to do, but I think you might get my point.

have you ever been in a Tesla? it is literally the sparsest interior in the industry. the Model 3 has like 2 knobs and 3 buttons in the entire car. it's the oldshool ICE manufacturers who think "luxury" means a car should look like the cockpit of the space shuttle, with a million mechanical nobs and levers.

#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

have you ever been in a Tesla?

No, I do smogs for a living. Tesla don't need that. I get in all the fancy Ferraris and Lamborghinis though. It's about the only one I don't get to drive. But I did see one of their early sporty cars wizzing around the neighborhood once. Really fast!

I'm not knocking them, I just can't see buying any new car, just to have a new car, when I drive about 10 miles a day. Especially when I need the money to build a backyard wave pool. And I've been preaching Toyota so long, this old dog isn't ready to learn a new trick just yet.

Don't mind me, I'm sure it's a fine automobile.

#1692 5 years ago

This discussion is hilarious. Always love to read all those haters posts. And I know this has been said million times on here, but it reminds me of Apple hating BlackBerry fans. Don't get me wrong, not an Apple fan here, but facts and results tell it all. Electric cars are the future, and if you don't want to believe that.....well, keep playing in the past. And once it come to electric cars, it is tough to argue against Tesla being the best in what they do. Sure, the Bolt is a functional car, the Leaf was great back in the days, etc. but look at them. If you appreciate design, you have to appreciate Tesla and what they are doing.
Sexy rules the world, and Elon know how to build sexy cars. Would I drive a BMW M3 over a Model 3.....if I had a shorter commute, maybe. I actually drive electric to save money, but now that I have my Model 3, I enjoy it a lot more.

#1693 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I totally get that. But I see all makes and models of vehicles everyday and there is no standard anymore. And like I mentioned some even have a computer screen to make adjustments to both music and climate and whatever else. Some of which i can't figure out while the car is standing still without pulling out the owners manual, if it is still there. So great if you drive the one vehicle all the time, not so great if you are driving someone elses or a loner while your is in the shop.

I get that too. I used to drive a lot of rental cars, and it was always frustrating to figure out how they worked. Unlocking the fuel port, popping the trunk, pairing bluetooth - different on every car.

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Sexy rules the world, and Elon know how to build sexy cars.

Agreed. And even his naming convention has (not so) hidden meaning. The cars so far:
Models S,3,X and the upcoming Y. He couldn't get "E" because another manufacturer copyrighted the mark.

So his cars are S3XY!

#1695 5 years ago

Absolutely BONKERS!

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Absolutely BONKERS!

Hard to feel the acceleration with video shot from inside car. Anybody have a street level video of tesla vs {insert favorite fast car}?

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hard to feel the acceleration with video shot from inside car. Anybody have a street level video of tesla vs {insert favorite fast car}?

I guess you have to get the stopwatch out. I estimated about 3.5 seconds from 15-70 mph.

#1698 5 years ago

There are tons of drag race videos on YouTube. Some guys get really pissed when their souped-up muscle car gets smoked by a stock Tesla....

#1699 5 years ago

Basically every car gets smoked by a Tesla, the only thing that stands a chance is very limited production super cars. Everything else is left in the dust.

#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I mentioned earlier that I got to drive my BIL's Model S. A story he told me gives me more faith in Tesla than I had before. One morning he went to start the S and the thing went into full possession mode. Seriously, no "The power of Christ compels you." would get it back to normal. The blinkers were going off, the windows opening and closing, the horn honking, you name it. He calls Tesla and tells the tech what is happening and they aren't really believing him until they connect to the car and see what was going on.
They told him to turn it off and they'll send a tow tuck. He lives 45 minutes from the Tesla repair center. It took three days to fix and when Tesla called him back the person was trying to skirt around an issue. He didn't really want to say what happened, but then finally whispered to my BIL that he may have a rodent problem. Turns out a rodent chewed through one or more of the major wires.
My BIL looked around and started to see the evidence of a rodent and noticed the little signs, like droppings, etc. He goes to the hardware store to get traps and catches the Mofo. Turns out it was a big pack-rat. My BIL lives in a new subdivision nowhere near the woods or anything, but I suppose you still get these guys. In fact, the rodent had a mouse trap stuck to his foot and was still walking around with it before finally caught. A shovel to the head took care of that rat.
A Tesla employee drove the car back to my BIL and took an Uber back. There was no charge for the entire fix.
Turns out a month before the wife's SUV (not a Tesla) had an A/C hose chewed through and was replaced by warranty. The techs never mentioned it was possibly done by a rodent.

As I understand it Toyota and Honda are using a soy-based polymer for electrical cable covers that are attractive to rodents. This fact has kept me from purchasing a new van as I live in a rural area with a lot of field mice. Perhaps Tesla uses this same cabling?

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.