Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 67.
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I see at least 5 a day now in my area. They're gorgeous.

You talking about the model S?

#1452 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

It's great that people like the Bolt.
The actual sales figures tell the more important story. As a product, it is a commercial failure. You can't tell me that GM is happy selling less than 1,200 Bolts in May of 2018. They sold less in May than they did in January of this year!
The truth is, sales of the Bolt have flatlined at best - it looks like they peaked in December at 3,200 units and have been declining since, to about a third of what they were just a few short months ago.
See:
https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
https://insideevs.com/december-2017-plugin-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/
By the way, if GM kept the volume at December's rate of 3,200 they should have somewhere around 8,000 cars in their nationwide inventory, way, way, way more than enough to satisfy this demand for the car you speak of. I wonder, where are all those cars?
GM isn't truly behind the Bolt or EVs. If they were, they'd be making massive investments. Their next planned upgrade to the Bolt? 2025!!

Yeah, I know. If you read my prior posts I said all that would happen, and it has. It's still a commercial failure.
Dealers won't sell them because they won't make money on service for them, because EVs don't break down like ICE cars do.
If GM wanted to educate their salespeople, or change the way they sold cars, they could. Tesla did, right? GM is not truly behind EVs, or they'd be making the massive changes and investments required.
What do you think is going to change over at your local Chevy dealership that is going to turn this all around? Nothing!
Hey GM, it's 2007 and Nokia is calling!

Demand is certainly higher in California. I can’t speak for other areas, but I see tons and tons here.

And the Bolt isn’t being upgraded because the Bolt platform is being used to make more EVs over the next few years.

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You talking about the model S?

No, the Model 3. Model S is pretty common around here, the X increasingly so.

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Demand is certainly higher in California. I can’t speak for other areas, but I see tons and tons here.

It's cool that you live in a Bolt hotspot. The more EVs the better.

The sales figures, though. Less Bolts were sold in both April and May this year than the previous year.

June's sales numbers for the Bolt will paint a clearer picture.

Quoted from pintechev:

And the Bolt isn’t being upgraded because the Bolt platform is being used to make more EVs over the next few years.

Regarding upgrades, I know there were only two small changes between the first and second year Bolts, despite numerous criticisms. Third year for the Bolt looks to have very few upgrades as well:
https://electrek.co/2018/05/08/chevy-bolt-ev-2019-options-updates/

Compare and contrast to Model S, X and 3.

boltortesla (resized).jpgboltortesla (resized).jpg
#1455 5 years ago

I don't see many Model 3 in my area, but have seen several Model S, but I've seen more Kia Soul EVs that either of them combined.
What I do see a lot of are Fiat 500e's (and know three people that have one at work). Also seen several BMW i3s, E-volts and Spark EVs.

#1456 5 years ago

I see them everyday now in SW Ontario Canada.. They recently announced a Tesla dealership is coming to Kitchener.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I don't see many Model 3 in my are, but have seen several Model S, but I've seen more Kia Soul EVs that either of them combined.
What I do see a lot of are Fiat 500e's (and know three people that have one at work). Also seen several BMW i3s, E-volts and Spark EVs.

Yes, I definitely see more i3s than Bolts, too. I used to see more of the Fiats but I haven't seen one in a while. I like the looks of the Fiat 500e.

I forgot to say that the EV I see the most of by far is the Leaf. They're so cheap used - you can get one for like $7,000!

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

It's cool that you live in a Bolt hotspot. The more EVs the better.
The sales figures, though. Less Bolts were sold in both April and May this year than the previous year.
June's sales numbers for the Bolt will paint a clearer picture.

Regarding upgrades, I know there were only two small changes between the first and second year Bolts, despite numerous criticisms. Third year for the Bolt looks to have very few upgrades as well:
https://electrek.co/2018/05/08/chevy-bolt-ev-2019-options-updates/
Compare and contrast to Model S, X and 3.

I picked the Bolt. And AFMr. And had money leftover for another game

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I picked the Bolt. And AFMr. And had money leftover for another game

Can’t argue with the AFMr. That’s a sound car/pinball decision right there.

#1460 5 years ago

Short article that affirms what some folks here have been saying regarding the difficulty you can have trying to buy an electric car at a traditional car dealer: https://qz.com/1309799/car-dealers-are-erecting-barriers-for-electric-car-buyers/

#1461 5 years ago

I know what car I'm getting:

#1462 5 years ago

I passed a dealer in Cherry Hill, NJ earlier this week and noticed a new 3 on display. So next pass yesterday I stopped in to finally put my hands on one. No test drives yet, but this certainly checked off many boxes in my decision to follow through with my preorder.

Build quality looked great. Seats were surprisingly comfortable. I didn’t feel like I will miss a gauge cluster. The center display was large, well-positioned, and securely mounted. That panoramic roof is awesome. Everything felt just right, and the car is even better looking in person.

This thing has, and will continue to sell big.

Holding onto my Tesla shares ... the company isn’t going anywhere but up.

#1463 5 years ago

Electrek “now highly confident that the 200,000th US delivery is being pushed to Q3 and therefore, the full tax credit is going to be available for all 2018 deliveries.”

As I predicted (and a lot of others of course). I’m happy about it. Still hoping to get my $35k car with the full tax deduction

https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2018/06/23/tesla-model-3-stored-critical-end-of-quarter/amp/

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Electrek “now highly confident that the 200,000th US delivery is being pushed to Q3 and therefore, the full tax credit is going to be available for all 2018 deliveries.”
As I predicted (and a lot of others of course). I’m happy about it. Still hoping to get my $35k car with the full tax deduction
https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2018/06/23/tesla-model-3-stored-critical-end-of-quarter/amp/

Surprised to hear this, but glad and happy that more people get it with the full credit.
35k car with full credit will most likely not happen though. Last time I heard it was mentioned that there will not be any deliveries of the SR model in 2018 and they will start to deliver in January 2019. That would still give you $3750 in credit, making the car $31250, which is still pretty amazing for a car like this.
BTW. after driving my 3 for about 3 months, I am on vacation in Europe, and constantly turning the windshield wipers on, while trying to shift into reverse...lol. 1st world problem I know.

#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Surprised to hear this, but glad and happy that more people get it with the full credit.
35k car with full credit will most likely not happen though. Last time I heard it was mentioned that there will not be any deliveries of the SR model in 2018 and they will start to deliver in January 2019. That would still give you $3750 in credit, making the car $31250, which is still pretty amazing for a car like this.
BTW. after driving my 3 for about 3 months, I am on vacation in Europe, and constantly turning the windshield wipers on, while trying to shift into reverse...lol. 1st world problem I know.

I have an S and it happens to me all the time.

#1467 5 years ago

I love these stories, that random people say random things with no evidence or facts. Look they built a tent, it's all over the company is doomed. Meanwhile production, quality and the stock price all continue to rise.

#1468 5 years ago

I really want Tesla to succeed, they are too important to fail. However, Heighway pinball put up a tent for their printing department shortly before they closed (the first time). I really hope the tent is meant to be a temporary structure until they work out the issues in the main factory.
heighway_tent (resized).pngheighway_tent (resized).png

#1469 5 years ago

Are you seriously saying because Heighway pinball put up a tent before they closed that Tesla putting up a tent is a sign they may close? Its a tent, by definition its a temporary portable structure. I fail to see how the material used to cover something correlates to the quality that occurs under it.

#1470 5 years ago

Rented a model 3 this past weekend and was able to really get it out and stretch its legs. Everything said about the car is true. If the goal of a sports sedan is to make it feel like an extension of oneself, they have succeeded on all fronts. The way it accelerates and decelerates with just a thought and a small movement of your right foot is like no vehicle I've experienced. The steering is taught and predictable. The suspension just right with the car not feeling too heavy or too light. Everything on the screen was easy to find and thoughtfully laid out. While in motion, I never felt the need to touch it. If the BMW M3 is the benchmark for driving machine, the Model 3 rates about 13 because of driving experience, looks, use of space, tech, cost of operation all being well above the current benchmark. Also true is the build quality. The durability of the interior components as well as the lining up of panels both inside and outside of the car are the negatives about the car. Alot of folks can overlook these minors due to the strong positives, most may never even notice them. I look forward to thousands of these being on the roads soon. Still a remarkable achievement and at $50k before incentives, I still feel it is a bargain and worth every penny of the asking price.

-Jeff

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Meanwhile production, quality and the stock price all continue to rise.

The tent just went up. How do you know the quality of the cars produced there?

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I love these stories, that random people say random things with no evidence or facts. Look they built a tent, it's all over the company is doomed. Meanwhile production, quality and the stock price all continue to rise.

91077783 (resized).jpg91077783 (resized).jpg

#1473 5 years ago

Here is the actual stock for the last 90 days. It’s the opposite of your post. To the quality I picked mine up at a mass delivery in Canada and anyone with eyes can see they are addressing quality issues as fast as they are discovered.
074BE0D5-A40C-491A-BBED-D331D1FCA676 (resized).png074BE0D5-A40C-491A-BBED-D331D1FCA676 (resized).png

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Here is the actual stock for the last 90 days. It’s the opposite of your post. To the quality I picked mine up at a mass delivery in Canada and anyone with eyes can see they are addressing quality issues as fast as they are discovered.

The stock? Lol. That's a good one.

The Tesla/Musk fanboys can't prop that stock up forever. Experts bearish on it. Still losing big $$. EPS in the toilet. Overbought. Highly volatile. Great time to dump.

I shared that article out of concern for those still awaiting delivery. Good luck to all.

#1475 5 years ago

Your condescending and disingenuous concern trolling is not a meaningful contribution to the conversation.

#1476 5 years ago

I stated the facts, the stock price, quality and production all continue to rise. I'm happy to see any evidence to the contrary. All I see is but its a tent, but the experts, but the shareholders are just fanboys. The stock is high, I agree it might be a good time to sell and enjoy the great return on your investment. I myself don't consider that "dumping" a stock. Most people don't say I dumped that stock because I made so much money on it.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Your condescending and disingenuous concern trolling is not a meaningful contribution to the conversation.

That could probably be said any time someone questions another person's religion.

#1479 5 years ago

The tent is not the issue. What is (or isn't) going on inside the tent is the issue.

There is now drone footage of archaic, manual assembly of Model 3s in the tent.

We will find out shortly how many cars were delivered in Q2.

#1480 5 years ago

Really, this is video shows "archaic manual assembly of Model 3s". You guys have your fun but this is nonsense.

#1481 5 years ago

I don’t think you are realizing what is going on here.

I’m sure you are aware that Elon had been under extreme pressure to hit the production targets that he has forecast in the last several conference calls and earnings reports. Now, normally, setbacks wouldn’t be such a big deal if there were light at the end of the tunnel. But we are looking at a company that has been burning through roughly $16 million a day, and is running out of - if not RAN out of - options to raise additional capital.

Elon promised a state of the art, fully automated facility that was so advanced, the average person could not even fathom the levels of complexity and advancement. We all know of the myriad of unforeseen problems that the line ran into. Furthermore, attempts at stationing workers on the line were mostly a failure since the idle robotic equipment did not allow the space needed. So the primary line is functioning, but barely, albeit at a trickle.

The news I was waiting to see was how long it would take to get the primary line functioning as it was originally intended. I assumed that this was something line software issues etc. Elon’s earnings calls early this year even made it sound like this was another glitch that would be overcome shortly, and the line would be cranking out cars. But a mere couple of months later, Elon made a stunning announcement that they had ripped the entire parts conveyance system out of the factory. As of today, there has been no announcement as to a Plan B to re-tool the facility.

So Elon announced this “second assembly line” as a means to not only to hit the production targets, but more importantly, stop the (cash flow) bleeding. So this second assembly line has been under a microscope by virtually every institutional investment firm to car enthusiasts.

The line only got its permit a couple of weeks ago. Right away, all of the aforementioned parties were asking questions on how many cars the line was producing, and what the production targets were. Not only were no numbers offered, but the company refused to even confirm whether or not the line was operational. To make sure nobody saw what was going on at the tent, Elon had semi trailers ring part of the facility to block the view. Looking at the video where the drone rises above the trailers, the answer is pretty clear - virtually nothing.

There are also some other very alarming takeaways from the video. The line is clearly not completed. Components and parts kits are scattered around the outside of the facility. No cars are rolling off. There are no robots - assembly is all manual. Observers (like the drone operator) that have been watching the tent facility have reported that the frames are being forklifted from way over at the paint facility, and manually loaded onto the conveyor belt.

Obviously, these reports and observations have been getting back to investors and analysts that everything was not on the up and up with this new facility. So they started asking questions. Just days ago Elon told everyone that the new assembly line was not only functioning (not true) and that the quality of the cars coming off the line had “slightly higher quality” than the primary line.

Here is a brief summary of what I see:

The company is still hemorrhaging money, and is running out of options for raising additional capital. Getting Model 3 production up to target levels was critical to mitigating cash flow losses. The second assembly line is clearly not functional, and Elon is obviously lying about it. Furthermore, even IF the second assembly line becomes operational, it will be crawling along using manual assembly.

Tesla is in big, big trouble.

#1482 5 years ago

While all of the no sayers and short sellers are writing books.....I am enjoying my 3
Who said Tesla wants to make money right now? Oh yes, the people that said Borders would be superior to Amazon.

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I’m sure you are aware that Elon had been under extreme pressure to hit the production targets that he has forecast in the last several conference calls and earnings reports. Now, normally, setbacks wouldn’t be such a big deal if there were light at the end of the tunnel. But we are looking at a company that has been burning through roughly $16 million a day, and is running out of - if not RAN out of - options to raise additional capital.
Elon promised a state of the art, fully automated facility that was so advanced, the average person could not even fathom the levels of complexity and advancement. We all know of the myriad of unforeseen problems that the line ran into. Furthermore, attempts at stationing workers on the line were mostly a failure since the idle robotic equipment did not allow the space needed. So the primary line is functioning, but barely, albeit at a trickle.
The news I was waiting to see was how long it would take to get the primary line functioning as it was originally intended. I assumed that this was something line software issues etc. Elon’s earnings calls early this year even made it sound like this was another glitch that would be overcome shortly, and the line would be cranking out cars. But a mere couple of months later, Elon made a stunning announcement that they had ripped the entire parts conveyance system out of the factory. As of today, there has been no announcement as to a Plan B to re-tool the facility.
So Elon announced this “second assembly line” as a means to not only to hit the production targets, but more importantly, stop the (cash flow) bleeding. So this second assembly line has been under a microscope by virtually every institutional investment firm to car enthusiasts.
The line only got its permit a couple of weeks ago. Right away, all of the aforementioned parties were asking questions on how many cars the line was producing, and what the production targets were. Not only were no numbers offered, but the company refused to even confirm whether or not the line was operational. To make sure nobody saw what was going on at the tent, Elon had semi trailers ring part of the facility to block the view. Looking at the video where the drone rises above the trailers, the answer is pretty clear - virtually nothing.
There are also some other very alarming takeaways from the video. The line is clearly not completed. Components and parts kits are scattered around the outside of the facility. No cars are rolling off. There are no robots - assembly is all manual. Observers (like the drone operator) that have been watching the tent facility have reported that the frames are being forklifted from way over at the paint facility, and manually loaded onto the conveyor belt.
Obviously, these reports and observations have been getting back to investors and analysts that everything was not on the up and up with this new facility. So they started asking questions. Just days ago Elon told everyone that the new assembly line was not only functioning (not true) and that the quality of the cars coming off the line had “slightly higher quality” than the primary line.
The company is still hemorrhaging money, and is running out of options for raising additional capital. Getting Model 3 production up to target levels was critical to mitigating cash flow losses. The second assembly line is clearly not functional, and Elon is obviously lying about it. Furthermore, even IF the second assembly line becomes operational, it will be crawling along using manual assembly.

You and every other person who is short on the stock (or has other axes to grind against electric cars) has been saying this kind of stuff for years. Literally years. I’ve been to Tesla’s assembly lines (admittedly not the one in the tent) and they are marvels of modern assembly.

Tesla is intentionally delaying shipments of model 3 so they can delay the tax break so more people can take advantage of it. The ramp is nearly to the point of their target (5000 per week iirc). Admittedly they’re burning cash, but Tesla has always found a way. They have massive amounts of infrastructure and equity. I don’t pretend to be any smarter than anyone else here, but there have been a ton of smart people who bet against Tesla in the last few years who have lost their shirts. It will be interesting to watch what happens.

More than likely this conversation will happen again in about two years as it has every couple years since tesla started. Google it. “Tesla killer”. “Tesla bankruptcy imminent” etc.

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Excellent post. I'm afraid you'll find mostly deaf ears in this thread. It's basically a fan club.

HLrKnU5 (resized).jpgHLrKnU5 (resized).jpg

#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Every new company hemorrhages money. Also Tesla IS being watched under the microscope because they are shaking up the industry.

If you think shady or unproductive things don't go on at other car factories you'd be wrong, just look at how Volkswagen lied about EPA numbers which resulted:
* billions of dollars in fines
* Who knows how much revenue lost from buying back cars, lost sales
* A lot of employees let go, many of them went to prison

GM engineers complain that they are in meetings 32 hours a week, leaving little time for doing actual work
https://jalopnik.com/ex-gm-engineer-explains-how-companys-culture-rewards-in-1593313126

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

You and every other person who is short on the stock

I have never owned or attempted to short TSLA stock.

Quoted from paynemic:

(or has other axes to grind against electric cars)

I own a Chevy Volt, and up until a few months ago, I had a Model 3 reserved. In addition, I put my $1000 deposit in sight unseen, before the official reveal.

Quoted from paynemic:

has been saying this kind of stuff for years.

And for good reasons. Unique and unforeseen circumstances have helped keep this company afloat. However, the cash situation is clearly unsustainable. Just because the company didn’t go bust in the past doesn’t mean it will never happen. I know you don’t believe that, but I would ask - is that prediction based on groupie faith, or practical analysis?

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I have never owned or attempted to short TSLA stock.

I own a Chevy Volt, and up until a few months ago, I had a Model 3 reserved. In addition, I put my $1000 deposit in sight unseen, before the official reveal.

And for good reasons. Unique and unforeseen circumstances have helped keep this company afloat. However, the cash situation is clearly unsustainable. Just because the company didn’t go bust in the past doesn’t mean it will never happen. I know you don’t believe that, but I would ask - is that prediction based on groupie faith, or practical analysis?

I’m not so much a groupie as a fan. I’m so sick of Americans and their huge gas guzzling SUVs sending oil money to countries that want us dead, that I’m rooting for a disruption. That fact that you have a volt is in large measure a credit to tesla. Electric cars were essentially dead before tesla.

I guess what i would say is I’m tired of people gleefully rooting for the death of tesla. It’s a feel-good story that has changed the world for the better. The media has been beyond unfair in their coverage of Tesla. Every “practical analysis” of the past said they were doomed years ago. I’d love to know what unpredictable miracles happened to keep them afloat. Sounds like good management.

I think the Kodak analogy is pretty apt in this situation. The auto industry is ripe for disruption. Even if Tesla as we know it doesn’t continue, they will reorganize and come back. Far too many assets and brand loyalty to just disappear.

I respect your opinion about Tesla, I just don’t like or agree with it. And that’s ok.

#1488 5 years ago

TSLA is closing in on $60 billion market cap. That's its financing lifeline if it ever comes to it: sell more stock.

#1489 5 years ago

a lot of folks just received the invitation to configure their car, even though delivery estimator projects delivery 3-5 months out (this is for the AWD/dual motor version with extended range). When you configure your car - Tesla requires $2500 on top of the initial deposit and it becomes non-refundable. Telsa has figured out a way to generate a bunch of cash and bolster the cash balance in their financials before the end of the quarter. Tesla has also figured out how to upsell and likely get higher margins (for the time being).

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I have no stake in Tesla...Dallied with purchasing a Model S a year ago, but decided to go elsewhere due to some of these very concerns. I didn't read any hyperbole, wild conjectures, falsehoods, etc, yet 3 downvotes?? Seemed a very plausible post to me.

#1491 5 years ago

The Bears have been after Tesla from the get go. The last ditch effort is to say that Tesla will not make the 5000 cars per week. In another few days we will find out. Have a feeling the Bears will be heading into early hibernation. The bear analysts have it all wrong about Tesla. Tesla is a Tech Company not a car company.
Their structure is nothing like a traditional car company. No dealer network. Direct to customer no middleman. People like the no hassle way of purchasing a car. No more 6 hours spent in a dealership to buy a car! First the salesman then the sales manager then the salesman the back and forth crap and then the finance guy to go over worthless addons(moneymakers for the dealers). Then after you purchase the car comes all the maintenance fees to keep that ICE car going.
The future is electric and there is no stopping it. So grit your teeth Bears and get your head out of the sand. Tesla will live on and be very profitable! Just like Amazon a company that was built the same way.

#1492 5 years ago
2d2rhm (resized).jpg2d2rhm (resized).jpg
#1493 5 years ago

Well, all I know is they are making around 5,000 cars per week now, and have an enormous backlog of orders they’re rapidly fulfilling. All with an advertising budget of $0. But sure. They’re in deep trouble. Hahaha.

By the way, it’s by far the best car I’ve ever driven, and it’s not a close competition. Blows away every car I’ve owned, which include Buicks, Lincolns, Olds, 3 Cadillacs, a couple Chryslers, and a Challenger SRT (I tend to buy American, sue me).

2 years in, this Tesla has been in the shop for zero days, spent zero minutes at gas stations, and I’ve spent negligible dollars on fuel. Of course it’s at another level performance-wise, but it’s also been the most pleasant long family trip car my family has ever owned as well. Done multiple 8+ hour drives, and it’s great. Super easy to drive. Insane safety and convenience features. Fits all the gear me, my wife, and two kids need for 2 week vacations, with plenty of room leftover.

Also no oil changes, no radiator flushes, no brake pad replacing, no transmission issues (it’s a one-speed limited at 155mph), no spark plugs, no PCV valve, no vacuum system. Just a battery and a couple of motors. Mechanically, it’s simple. Warranty is 8 years, unlimited miles though, if either of those parts do fail.

And you can blow the doors off a Lamborghini at a stoplight when that super-important need arises, as well.

The Model S is supercar acceleration with the fuel cost of a bicycle and storage capacity of a station wagon. I couldn’t be happier.

#1494 5 years ago

My reservation activated with the big wave. Put my order in! Estimated delivery Aug to Oct in Northern CA.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Well, all I know is they are making around 5,000 cars per week now,

You "know" this how?

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Well, all I know is they are making around 5,000 cars per week now, and have an enormous backlog of orders they’re rapidly fulfilling. All with an advertising budget of $0. But sure. They’re in deep trouble. Hahaha.
By the way, it’s by far the best car I’ve ever driven, and it’s not a close competition. Blows away every car I’ve owned, which include Buicks, Lincolns, Olds, 3 Cadillacs, a couple Chryslers, and a Challenger SRT (I tend to buy American, sue me).
2 years in, this Tesla has been in the shop for zero days, spent zero minutes at gas stations, and I’ve spent negligible dollars on fuel. Of course it’s at another level performance-wise, but it’s also been the most pleasant long family trip car my family has ever owned as well. Done multiple 8+ hour drives, and it’s great. Super easy to drive. Insane safety and convenience features. Fits all the gear me, my wife, and two kids need for 2 week vacations, with plenty of room leftover.
Also no oil changes, no radiator flushes, no brake pad replacing, no transmission issues (it’s a one-speed limited at 155mph), no spark plugs, no PCV valve, no vacuum system. Just a battery and a couple of motors. Mechanically, it’s simple. Warranty is 8 years, unlimited miles though, if either of those parts do fail.
And you can blow the doors off a Lamborghini at a stoplight when that super-important need arises, as well.
The Model S is supercar acceleration with the fuel cost of a bicycle and storage capacity of a station wagon. I couldn’t be happier.

I don't think anyone's debating that the Model S is a superb car. I believe that as well and came close to buying one. But I have serious reservations about the Model 3 and the health of the company in general. It was a consideration in me not pursuing a model S in the end. You're a fan of Tesla and have a personal stake in the company. That's fine. I'm a fan of Tesla too and hope they ultimately succeed. But there are some ominous signs right now that's it's struggling and that can't be denied. You can continue to down vote every post that doesn't sing the praises of Tesla. Go ahead and down vote this one. But the fact remains that Tesla is bleeding money, that they are having manufacturing issues and that the tax credits will be expiring.

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

You "know" this how?

Paying attention. You’ll know it too, in a few days.

#1498 5 years ago

I’m looking forward to circling back on every Tesla naysayer in this thread a few years from now. I’ll be calling each of you out by name. Prepare your excuses now.

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Paying attention. You’ll know it too, in a few days.

Is that 5000 an octal number by chance?

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Is that 5000 an octal number by chance?

5000 is an actual number. It is the number that Musk promised to produce and has yet to actually do.

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.