Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 67.
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’m schedule to take delivery 777 days

Jackpot!

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hoping they’re delaying us deliveries so I can get the tax break on my basic order...

I would not bet on that, even though I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. But, with AWD and performance being able to be configured next week, there will be tons of more 3s before they even consider producing the 3 SR. Probably in line with them starting leasing, early 2019.

#1403 5 years ago

The car doesn't count "against" the $7,500 until it is delivered. The new configurations are going live next week for July production. The earliest I'd expect to see a trickle of these new configs is 9/1.

I believe they are throttling US deliveries, they seem to have invited every single canadian before clearing even the first couple days of US orders in the queue.

I believe they are trying to hit that 200,000 US delivery early Q3, around July 1 and keep the full credit alive until 1/1/2019.

Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I would not bet on that, even though I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. But, with AWD and performance being able to be configured next week, there will be tons of more 3s before they even consider producing the 3 SR. Probably in line with them starting leasing, early 2019.

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The car doesn't count "against" the $7,500 until it is delivered. The new configurations are going live next week for July production. The earliest I'd expect to see a trickle of these new configs is 9/1.
I believe they are throttling US deliveries, they seem to have invited every single canadian before clearing even the first couple days of US orders in the queue.
I believe they are trying to hit that 200,000 US delivery early Q3, around July 1 and keep the full credit alive until 1/1/2019.

Actually the new configs are the end of this week as per Elon's tweet on Friday.

#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Actually the new configs are the end of this week as per Elon's tweet on Friday.

I think he’s referring to when they’re delivered. That’s what counts toward the critical 200k US number. Definitely a lot of signs they’re not rushing us deliveries. I’m positive that’s wishful thinking on my part but they’d be stupid not to. Even if they stockpile them somewhere till July 1. It will keep a lot more orders in the queue. $7500 is big. $3750 is nothing to sniff at but I wonder if it’s enough to get some people to pull out.

#1406 5 years ago

It could mean that more people go without AWD. AWD is nice, but if it comes out at $5K, and you are going to lose $3750 of the credit like most people, that puts AWD at $8,750. It's the reason I passed on it, and I'm thinking I'll like the larger battery a lot more than I needed AWD.

Even AWD models trickle out in September, it's going to take them months to fill the backlog. Elon said 6 months, so you can count on it taking a lot longer than that.

Unless you live in a really harsh climate, a good set of snow tires is going to be safer than AWD and not having snow tires.

Quoted from paynemic:

$3750 is nothing to sniff at but I wonder if it’s enough to get some people to pull out.

#1407 5 years ago

another crash, rear-ended a firetruck at 60mph because she was texting, only broke an ankle.
https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-s-driver-says-autopilot-was-on-before-crash-1826022381

I believe they call it "semi-autonomous" for a reason

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

another crash, rear-ended a firetruck at 60mph because she was texting, only broke an ankle.
https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-s-driver-says-autopilot-was-on-before-crash-1826022381
I believe they call it "semi-autonomous" for a reason

Yeah. That chick is crazy. It’s not even a supported feature to stop at red lights yet! I’ve driven that road many times. Don’t engage autopilot unless you’re paying attention

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah. That chick is crazy. It’s not even a supported feature to stop at red lights yet! I’ve driven that road many times. Don’t engage autopilot unless you’re paying attention

Astonishing that she only broke an ankle crashing into a fire truck aka wall of steel at 60 mph.

#1410 5 years ago

Got the chance to test the autopilot function and it is great!
No crash at the end

#1411 5 years ago

I've got about 60 miles on my car, and it has either met, but mostly exceeded my unreasonably high expectations in every way. When Tesla gets their shit together and figures out how to make these, you will see them everywhere.

The car is a pleasure to drive, very fast, handles great, feels great. The glass roof makes the car feel very spacious, and the premium audio is awesome. People rag on Slacker, but once I jumped through a couple hoops and got my custom stations on there I was a lot happier.

Autopilot is going to make rush hour traffic so much easier. However, not like it's a big secret, but Autopilot is not very effective on the surface streets. However, the adaptive cruise control is.

My only regret is that I didn't camp out overnight at the Tesla store on 3/31/2106 so I could have gotten the car sooner.

#1412 5 years ago

Does anybody know why my Tesla has a decal where it needs to be “cut” ?
I am clueless?!

97376893-EFBB-4D0C-B3C9-8D17C984F8F4 (resized).jpeg97376893-EFBB-4D0C-B3C9-8D17C984F8F4 (resized).jpeg

BC17297B-6311-4E45-9E07-141C15850F7C (resized).jpegBC17297B-6311-4E45-9E07-141C15850F7C (resized).jpeg

5AFDF8B6-F4A1-4D7F-ABBE-E34B0B53C962 (resized).jpeg5AFDF8B6-F4A1-4D7F-ABBE-E34B0B53C962 (resized).jpeg

#1413 5 years ago

Yes. SAE Standard that identifies where a firefighter should cut the body to disconnect the battery from the rest of the vehicle during a rescue effort from a bad accident. Cutting in those areas cuts power cables which prevents the rescue crew from getting electrocuted.

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Yes. SAE Standard that identifies where a firefighter should cut the body to disconnect the battery from the rest of the vehicle during a rescue effort from a bad accident. Cutting in those areas cuts power cables which prevents the rescue crew from getting electrocuted.

What if that rear door doesn’t open after the crash?!

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Then the car explodes taking with it a ten square block area.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

All doors that can open get opened and cuts are made where possible. Prius, Leafs and Volts have similar cut lines marked.

#1417 5 years ago

salvaged tesla under water for 10 days, they powerwashed the inside.. with a jump it still booted without issue:

#1418 5 years ago

My Model 3 is on the truck to Vancouver, super stoked. Rich Rebuilds is great love his channel.

#1419 5 years ago

Congrats!
What colour ? Are u going to customize in any way?

#1420 5 years ago

Midnight Silver with Aero wheels. I already have kit for the wheels to lose the caps. I’ll probably grab rims fairly quickly and make the standard rims my winter tires. I bought a flat black wrap kit for the center console and lower front license plate holder I’ve been thinking about getting at least a partial wrap on the front of the car but haven’t found a place yet. If I can find a decent place I’ll probably tint the windows at the same time.

1 week later
#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Just a note that this absolutely isn't true - Paypal doesn't take ANY time at all to notify you that a refund has been issued. It's virtually instantaneous. Yes it will take a few days after the refund is issued through Paypal to go back to your original form of payment. But Paypal will notify you immediately once a vendor starts the refund process, and it will show up immediately on your transaction activity on Paypal as well. Unfortunately this is 100% on Tesla, and it's either an uninformed Tesla rep, or something kinda shady to keep you from inquiring further until they decide to push the refund button.

Quoted from rai:

Anyone have trouble getting a refund? I clicked give me refund and then have not heard a thing, no confirmation or anything. I sent an email and nothing. I started a dispute with PayPal but have not heard anything there either.
Tesla is a big company they should refund you or at least respond with an email and say they got my request and when I can expect the refund.

Well I just finally got my refund took 60 days.

I'm not sure, but I suspect some foot dragging on the part of Tesla. Sure it could have been a technical hiccup but this is what happened.

1) requested refund.

2) wait a couple weeks nothing so I left an email with Tesla.

3) got a phone call from an actual person from Tesla who said the refund was issued and likely PayPal was the holdup.

4) waited another 3-4 weeks nothing so I sent another email to Tesla

5) finally got the refund to PayPal

It's not a big deal but I wonder how a big company has such trouble issuing a refund.

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure, but I suspect some foot dragging on the part of Tesla. Sure it could have been a technical hiccup but this is what happened.
1) requested refund.
3) got a phone call from an actual person from Tesla who said the refund was issued and likely PayPal was the holdup.
It's not a big deal but I wonder how a big company has such trouble issuing a refund.

Same thing happened to me. I ended up buying an X, so requested a refund on my 3 reservation. Took about 3 weeks. They attempted to refund 24 hours after the request, but something happened with PayPal. I don't think Tesla is dragging their feet, I think PayPal sucks. I have a friend who bought an S and got a refund for his 3 reservation in 36 hours.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Same thing happened to me. I ended up buying an X, so requested a refund on my 3 reservation. Took about 3 weeks. They attempted to refund 24 hours after the request, but something happened with PayPal. I don't think Tesla is dragging their feet, I think PayPal sucks. I have a friend who bought an S and got a refund for his 3 reservation in 36 hours.

Probably was PP.

I was not too worried but seems like either way was a long time for refund. One thing that Tesla should do is when refund was requested should send me an email. Amazon does all the time and then I’d have some reference number. As it was they don’t have a good system where I can see what’s happening.

#1424 5 years ago

Happy with my Bolt!

20180515_080020 (resized).jpg20180515_080020 (resized).jpg
#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

1) requested refund.

There was a surge in refund requests in April. It sounds like you got caught up in that. Here is an article on the refunds, which are now at around 23%.

https://www.recode.net/2018/6/4/17414496/nearly-a-quarter-of-teslas-model-3-reservation-deposits-in-the-u-s-have-supposedly-been-refunded

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Happy with my Bolt!

What ARE the tax incentives on a bolt anyway? Seems like the base price is the same as a model3?

#1427 5 years ago

The federal reabate is good for the Bolt. State rebates should, but depends on the state.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

What ARE the tax incentives on a bolt anyway? Seems like the base price is the same as a model3?

#1428 5 years ago

Thought this was a Model 3 thread not a Dolt thread. Sorry typo meant Bolt.

#1429 5 years ago

Picked mine up tonight, love it!

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Tesla will be profitable and cash flow positive in Q3 and Q4, says Elon Musk
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-profitable-cash-flow-2018-elon-musk/

Pezpunk, are you in Outback in Warrenton, VA right now? /stalkeralert

Just saw a Tesla and the license plate and immediately recognized your handle for these forums.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Thought this was a Model 3 thread not a Dolt thread. Sorry typo meant Bolt.

Looking at the two side by side today, I would take the Bolt hands down. The Model 3 just doesn't have that solid look that the previous Teslas have. It looks both cheap and dorky on the outside. Hub caps? And that interior, ugh. Where do I start... Car guy wants a car with real interior, instrument cluster and no cheap looking wood glued to the "dash". The LCD screen looks like a laptop glued to the dash. Seriously this is the worst interior I have ever seen. It's taken me many times seeing it in person and each time I want to like it. Each time it looks even worse.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looking at the two side by side today, I would take the Bolt hands down. The Model 3 just doesn't have that solid look that the previous Teslas have. It looks both cheap and dorky on the outside. Hub caps? And that interior, ugh. Where do I start... Car guy wants a car with real interior, instrument cluster and no cheap looking wood glued to the "dash". The LCD screen looks like a laptop glued to the dash. Seriously this is the worst interior I have ever seen. It's taken me many times seeing it in person and each time I want to like it. Each time it looks even worse.

Whatever, dude. I see three or four a day and they look gorgeous. The Bolt, IMO, looks like any other subcompact car - boring and forgettable. I sat next to several Model 3’s while charging on the way to and from the NW Pin show and all I can say is... WOW. There was a black one that almost made me want to sell my P85... almost.

#1433 5 years ago

So Tesla is at 3,500+ Model 3’s per week production and they should reach 5k per week soon.

I’m counting down until the goal posts are moved for Tesla once again. You can already see the negative focus begin to change to Model Y, Semi and “Tesla-killer” articles touting concept cars 2-3 years out from established automakers.

I’ve also seen an increase in the intensity of negative comments since the stock price has surged over the last week. Some people are really taking it in the shorts.

I never watch TV, but I had occasion to over lunch with my son on Saturday. I was blown away by how many car ads - we saw at least 5 Audi ads during the 40 minutes we watched a soccer match. They all started with their electric Formula E race car of course. That just reminded me that as long as the big automakers are spending as much as they do on advertising we will see a steady stream of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt articles coming from the media and finding a way to spin the astonishing things Tesla has done and continues to do into negatives. The exact same thing happened with Linux and Open Source.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I would take the Bolt hands down.

Quoted from Brijam:

The Bolt, IMO, looks like any other subcompact car - boring and forgettable

Doug thinks it's Uncool a year ago:

I will say that for $37k the bolt isn't "bad". I mean it's 200hp, 238 mile range for same money (tesla base is 220 mile range, 258hp). Most would argue tesla is cooler, but is the bolt more practical because it's a hatch? (I'm guessing it still doesn't fit a pin). Almost wish Honda would make an EV version of the Fit.

* I'm also guessing the bolt doesn't have any of the semi-autonomous features as the tesla, or access to supercharging?

#1435 5 years ago

In regards to sales in the US. The Tesla Model 3 is the vehicle of choice so far. Model 3 is outselling the Chevy Bolt for 2018 and the Model 3 isn't at full ramp yet.
Tesla model 3 is also in terms of sales in the US is the best selling mid sized luxury sedan already passing BMW 3 Series,MERCEDES C Class ,Audi A4 and Lexus IS.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I added 6.6kwh of solar before the car because I hate paying the power company. Cost was around $13,000, we then got a $2,500 check from the power company and a 30% tax rebate on their cost, making the effective install cost about $7,000.
Because there is a tree in the way that was supposed to be cut down but now isn't being cut down (grrrr, long story), our panels generate about $2 / day of electricity, making their payoff period approximately 10 years instead of the 6.5 that it originally looked like it would be.
Technically, the panels before rebate did cost more than the used electric car we bought, but it's not some crazy cost.
Oh, and I think it's worth pointing out... I don't believe either purchase will make a difference in pollution in any way. It's not like the local energy company is going to burn less coal or natural gas because of 15 kwh per day of generation I do, and it isn't like the gas company is shutting down stations because of me. I did it specifically for cost savings in the long term.
I tracked my Leaf weekly and just hit one year of ownership. Fuel cost savings over our previous car was just over $1250 including retail price of electricity. Total maintenance was just under $20 (two wiper fluid bottles and one windshield wiper). I can budget so much easier for this, and if the electric company wants to add more cost to our electric, I can just add more solar if I want.
I can't go dig up more gas. I'm stuck paying whatever the stations around here want and I don't have any belief they are trying to be nice to me.

Food for thought, but even if the electric utility paid me back, alas, my roof is totally shaded. I didn't even thing about that aspect. Tried a garden once, and it wouldn't produce because of all the shode. Soar panels would be the same.

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

Pezpunk, are you in Outback in Warrenton, VA right now? /stalkeralert
Just saw a Tesla and the license plate and immediately recognized your handle for these forums.

indeed i was, haha!

#1438 5 years ago

I'm about a thousand miles into my Model 3 and I love it. I love it so much. I cannot believe that this car has beat almost every expectation I had.

I see a few Chevy Bolts around town, saw one this weekend in the parking lot of the pinball show. I really like the Chevy Bolt. It's functional, has great range, and does what's advertised, keeping you out of gas stations. If the Model 3 didn't exist, I would be driving a Bolt right now, and I would be very happy doing so.

The only real disadvantage the Bolt has is not having a supercharger network. Besides that, The bolt does everything the base Model 3 does and I think Chevy deserves a lot of credit. They did beat Tesla to market afterall with a $35,000-ish electric car.

#1439 5 years ago

For me the magic of the Tesla is the interface, over the air updates and autopilot features. It's all of that on top of the amazing driving performance. The bolt is a decent EV but I don't think it is at all in the same class.

Funny story, I hit drive through the other day, the guy takes my money and says your food will only be a seconds. He than steps away from the window so I can't see him and I clearly hear him tell someone else, Dude that is a Model 3 out there, the other guy says pull him ahead I want to go out and look at it. So he tells me I need park and they will bring my food out, as he is talking I see the other guy walk outside with my food.

#1440 5 years ago

I commute 3 hrs every day in heavy traffic....have about 2,000 miles on my 3 and would not exchange it for any other car without auto pilot. Sat in a Bolt.....great concept of a car, but being a designer myself, they really screwed up the design, and the rear seats are way too small.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

salvaged tesla under water for 10 days, they powerwashed the inside.. with a jump it still booted without issue:

Almost ready for ebay

#1442 5 years ago

Finally saw a Model 3 on the road for the first time yesterday.

I-94 Westbound near Kalamazoo, Michigan.

#1443 5 years ago

I see at least 5 a day now in my area. They're gorgeous. The performance version just started rolling off a new assembly line at the factory, too.

While it's not fair to compare the Bolt with the Model 3, the Model 3 is now outselling the Bolt at least 5 to 1, and the only reason this number isn't higher is that Tesla isn't building more. https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

The market has spoken. The Bolt is a dud. There's just no demand for a boring expensive electric subcompact, as anyone even remotely connected to EVs should have known. I would have thought BMW's dismal i3 and Mercedes' even more dismal subcompact EV would have been enough data for Chevy.

The 35-60k market does not buy subcompacts. They (used to) buy a BMW 3-series. Now they buy Model 3s, as the Model 3 is now selling more than any other mid size premium sedan in the USA. Not just electric, any mid size premium sedan - Audi, Mercedes, BMW...

If Chevy really wants to compete they need to market electric Camaros and Corvettes. Well, that and install 10,000 superchargers, since Tesla just crossed that milestone this month too.

Chevy, it's 2007 and Nokia is calling!

Tesla-Model-3-market-share (resized).jpgTesla-Model-3-market-share (resized).jpg
#1444 5 years ago

Huge Bolt fan over here. Tesla makes a great car but Chevy did a great job on the bolt and deserve all the praise they get for it.

#1445 5 years ago

It's not. Walk into a Chevy dealer and try to buy one. Salespeople avoid it because they don't know much about it, Chevy hasn't marketed it at all, and tons of misinformation by the same people who won't sell them is a large reason why it's not doing better.

They aren't selling because it's almost impossible to buy one.

Quoted from Brijam:

The Bolt is a dud. There's just no demand for a boring expensive electric subcompact, as anyone even remotely connected to EVs should have known.

#1446 5 years ago

They can’t make Bolts fast enough. When I bought mine they had 7 in inventory and 4 sold before I drove off for a test drive.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

They can’t make Bolts fast enough. When I bought mine they had 7 in inventory and 4 sold before I drove off for a test drive.

Which is kind of a fascinating statement considering gm is a huge car company with crazy amounts of experience building cars. Something doesn’t add up there...

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's great that people like the Bolt.

The actual sales figures tell the more important story. As a product, it is a commercial failure. You can't tell me that GM is happy selling less than 1,200 Bolts in May of 2018. They sold less in May than they did in January of this year!

The truth is, sales of the Bolt have flatlined at best - it looks like they peaked in December at 3,200 units and have been declining since, to about a third of what they were just a few short months ago.

See:
https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
https://insideevs.com/december-2017-plugin-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

By the way, if GM kept the volume at December's rate of 3,200 they should have somewhere around 8,000 cars in their nationwide inventory, way, way, way more than enough to satisfy this demand for the car you speak of. I wonder, where are all those cars?

GM isn't truly behind the Bolt or EVs. If they were, they'd be making massive investments. Their next planned upgrade to the Bolt? 2025!!

Quoted from jalpert:

It's not. Walk into a Chevy dealer and try to buy one. Salespeople avoid it because they don't know much about it, Chevy hasn't marketed it at all, and tons of misinformation by the same people who won't sell them is a large reason why it's not doing better.
They aren't selling because it's almost impossible to buy one.

Yeah, I know. If you read my prior posts I said all that would happen, and it has. It's still a commercial failure.

Dealers won't sell them because they won't make money on service for them, because EVs don't break down like ICE cars do.

If GM wanted to educate their salespeople, or change the way they sold cars, they could. Tesla did, right? GM is not truly behind EVs, or they'd be making the massive changes and investments required.

What do you think is going to change over at your local Chevy dealership that is going to turn this all around? Nothing!

Hey GM, it's 2007 and Nokia is calling!

#1449 5 years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if big oil is also somewhat behind companies like GM not producing more EV cars. They have an insane amount of money to throw around, and the last thing they want is a decline in gas vehicles - mileage standards have already impacted them heavily.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wouldn't be surprised if big oil is also somewhat behind companies like GM not producing more EV cars.

not anymore, we have maybe 50 years of easily obtainable oil. even the arab countries producing oil have been investing in solar for the past decade. i think its dealers pushing back because once you have a car that rarely needs service, then they make no money on repairs... and contrary to popular belief, they dont make that much money on sales (less than 2%).

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.