Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 67.
#1351 5 years ago

Picking up me 3 on Saturday......counting hours....62:50:54....62:50:53....62:50:52

#1352 5 years ago

Cool, we expect full array of pictures.

#1353 5 years ago

Our 3 (vin 43xx) now has over 4k miles on it and is working perfectly. It’s a great car.

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Cool, we expect full array of pictures.

I will bore you all with it . 46:30:54

#1355 5 years ago

Friday will be 3 weeks since configure. I'm hoping for a VIN in the next 2 weeks.

#1356 5 years ago

I'm 5 weeks since configure and got a call saying probable 5-6 more

#1357 5 years ago

I wonder if they’re slowing down US deliveries to maximize the tax credit window.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I wonder if they’re slowing down US deliveries to maximize the tax credit window.

That really would not make any sense at this point. They were really close last quarter already.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

That really would not make any sense at this point. They were really close last quarter already.

If you’ve seen the numbers, it makes a ton of sense. It would buy them a whole extra quarter of discounted sales. And that’s a quarter at high production volumes.

#1360 5 years ago

Invitation to configure my Tesla Model 3 yesterday.
Holding my place and waiting for Performance AWD with Ludicrous

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

If you’ve seen the numbers, it makes a ton of sense. It would buy them a whole extra quarter of discounted sales. And that’s a quarter at high production volumes.

I believe they were only 20k or so off, and that is all cars, not only the 3. They are at 3k cars a week now, 4 weeks into Q2. That's a lot of cars not going to the US.
I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I would not count or bet on it.
11:49:32....

#1363 5 years ago

She found her new home.
This car is insane. Buddy of mine came along to pick it up and we went out to Malibu and Mulholland right away. He drives a BMW 335i and he is like "now I don't want to drive my car anymore".
Handling is amazing, especially in sports mode. Acceleration of the line is not the greatest, still much better than most normal cars, but way behind any sports car, but this is for 0 to 20mph. 20mph ti 60mph is insane. You are cruising at 30 and hit the pedal, and you are being pressed into your seats.
I am in love. And for all the fit and finish complaints out there, mine is great, much better fit than my bosses f type Jaguar.
could not try autopilot yet, have a out 80 miles on it, and it has not engaged yet. They told me it can be up to 100 miles for calibration, and we were doing Mulhholand serpentine, which probably did not help.

IMG-20180428-WA0007 (resized).jpgIMG-20180428-WA0007 (resized).jpg

#1364 5 years ago

Was on the reservation list for a 3 since mid '16. Got tired of waiting, and had a 2nd kid, so we got an X! LOVE IT.

Picked it up March 31st.

x (resized).jpgx (resized).jpg

#1365 5 years ago

Anybody he is one fence of getting a M3.... don't be. After two days of driving, and putting 250 miles on it, just for fun, I am even more in love. This car is not just another car, it is the future of the automobile industry.
All the bi#$#ing sound to me like BlackBerry user complaining about the iPhone when it came out.
This is very comparible.

#1366 5 years ago

Cancelled my model 3 order after seeing one up close. No offense but for 60 grand with options there are so many better handling and looking cars. The speedometer placement and overall look of the car turned me off.

No offense but a Porsche Macan S with zero options would be better then everything inside and out except for the paying gas part. Had a 2015 Cayenne and it just destroyed the model s so this was not really surprising.

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Cancelled my model 3 order after seeing one up close. No offense but for 60 grand with options there are so many better handling and looking cars. The speedometer placement and overall look of the car turned me off.
No offense but a Porsche Macan S with zero options would be better then everything inside and out except for the paying gas part. Had a 2015 Cayenne and it just destroyed the model s so this was not really surprising.

Paying for gas and polluting our environment. That part.

The 3 cannot be fully appreciated until you’ve driven it as your primary for a few days. I will never own another ICE (gas) car again.

#1368 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Paying for gas and polluting our environment. That part.
The 3 cannot be fully appreciated until you’ve driven it as your primary for a few days. I will never own another ICE (gas) car again.

That statement would be a winner if your power came from wind and sun and sine your in the usa it doesnt.

I have driven the leaf extensivly and although not a tesla it has some similar charecteristics. One long test drive in a model s was enough for me to know tesla has a long ways to go in terms of handling and actual steering and braking feel.

I am sure one day I will get a Tesla and I am still a fan and a former stock holder. But those stupid falcon wing doors and ho hum look of the 3 is not a step forward.

Really glad you like your car but as a car nut it left me so underwhelmed especially when a loaded 300 mile range 3 is 65k plus. You can buy a ton of gas for the difference in cost that you may make up in savings.

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

That statement would be a winner if your power came from wind and sun

that's a classic one, but I doubt people really think about it.
it's not just that the power plants are way more efficient at burning not renewables than your V8 or whatever...
it's the fact that with a gas car you carry the smog maker around. even if 100% of the electricity came from say, coal, even if those power plants efficiency sucked and them would burn as much or more as your ICE, them are not in the middle of the city and up everyone faces.
never got to think about that when smelling a exhaust product?

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Well the Macan could read the Model 3s rear plate in the 1/4 so I guess it's better at that I would love to see them go head to head on a street course. I suspect the Model 3 would also win there. If the interior is your thing I can understand passing on the 3. I dunno where a your Cayenne destroyed an S because it was not on the road.

#1371 5 years ago

There are a few model 3’s on CL already. For $50-60k you could pick one up today.

austin.craigslist.org link

(This guy claims to have 2 for sale)

austin.craigslist.org link

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well the Macan could read the Model 3s rear plate in the 1/4 so I guess it's better at that I would love to see them go head to head on a street course. I suspect the Model 3 would also win there. If the interior is your thing I can understand passing on the 3. I dunno where a your Cayenne destroyed an S because it was not on the road.

So it was a local back road near both dealers. The S was heavier and was more work to go fast kn a curvy road. It was a GTS Cayenne and on the same drive it could go faster and was more stable or locked to the road then the model s. There is no denying the tech in tesla but the actual driving part the larger SUV won by a large margin. Sure the model 3 is a excellent car but for me for that price I want something exciting and it just doest not do tht for me inside or out, bet handles as good or better then the s model.

I dumped the Porsche for a variety of reasons but is one of the best suvs ever made. Jusr really designed for Germany autobahn and not american speed limits.

I currently am leasing a 2018 CRV and a Fit so its not like i am ruining the world with my gas guzzler. I will revisit Tesla when there small SUV is announced.

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

So it was a local back road near both dealers. The S was heavier and was more work to go fast kn a curvy road. It was a GTS Cayenne and on the same drive it could go faster and was more stable or locked to the road then the model s. There is no denying the tech in tesla but the actual driving part the larger SUV won by a large margin. Sure the model 3 is a excellent car but for me for that price I want something exciting and it just doest not do tht for me inside or out, bet handles as good or better then the s model.
I dumped the Porsche for a variety of reasons but is one of the best suvs ever made. Jusr really designed for Germany autobahn and not american speed limits.
I currently am leasing a 2018 CRV and a Fit so its not like i am ruining the world with my gas guzzler. I will revisit Tesla when there small SUV is announced.

So off course if your going with a GTS you went with P and the D right and I do not believe you for a second that it destroyed an S. Sounds like a "this one time at band camp" story.

Here is the X comparison and the S would be even worse.

https://evobsession.com/tesla-model-x-vs-porsche-cayenne-turbo/

"On that note… it’s really something to to see just how substantially the Tesla Model X outperforms what had previously been (arguably) the most impressive vehicle in the SUV/CUV class — the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. The Model X really does seem to be (arguably, again) the best SUV ever produced."

#1374 5 years ago

Double post.

#1375 5 years ago

What am I missing?

"With a top track speed of 205 miles per hour and an ability to move from zero to 60 miles per hour in 3.4 seconds, the Porsche 911 GT2 RS is the fastest vehicle ever to come out of the German car stable."

"We all understand acceleration. It’s the rate of change of velocity. This 4,891-pound Tesla Model S P100D does it best, reaching 30, 40, 50, and 60 mph from a standstill more quickly than any other production vehicle we’ve ever tested, full stop. In our testing, no production car has ever cracked 2.3 seconds from 0 to 60 mph. But Tesla has, in 2.275507139 seconds."

Quoted from starbase:

Had a 2015 Cayenne and it just destroyed the model s so this was not really surprising.

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

That statement would be a winner if your power came from wind and sun and sine your in the usa it doesnt.
I have driven the leaf extensivly and although not a tesla it has some similar charecteristics. One long test drive in a model s was enough for me to know tesla has a long ways to go in terms of handling and actual steering and braking feel.
I am sure one day I will get a Tesla and I am still a fan and a former stock holder. But those stupid falcon wing doors and ho hum look of the 3 is not a step forward.
Really glad you like your car but as a car nut it left me so underwhelmed especially when a loaded 300 mile range 3 is 65k plus. You can buy a ton of gas for the difference in cost that you may make up in savings.

I kind of agree with you, but we DO have a lot of alternative energy in the U.S.:
IMG_0370 (resized).JPGIMG_0370 (resized).JPG

This is I-40 just coming into Texas from New MexicoIMG_0630 (resized).JPGIMG_0630 (resized).JPG
This is Adrian Texas, 22 miles east of the state line. And this is what you see the entire distance between the two points on the north side of the highway. And the are many many more beyond these all the way to Amarillo and past that to Oklahoma. There are Many of these in California from Livermore and White Water to Victorville (that I've seen). There's also lots of homes and businesses using Solar in some cases to use for charging cars.
IMG_0079 (resized).JPGIMG_0079 (resized).JPG
These are two solar power stations near the California / Nevada state lines off I-15.
And don't forget Hydro Electric power as well.
So not all power is carbon based in production.

#1377 5 years ago

Don’t forget that you can install solar panels on your home. I’ve got 10kW of solar and will be adding more. Add a tesla power wall and you can even do it off grid.

#1378 5 years ago

many of the comparisons to other sports cars are done without using a P100D. They usually leave out the model when making the comparison. it makes me laugh how people try to be negative towards tesla.

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Don’t forget that you can install solar panels on your home. I’ve got 10kW of solar and will be adding more. Add a tesla power wall and you can even do it off grid.

I have a coworker that has done just that (He drives a Fiat 500E). Some other coworkers have have 500E's, and two of them are looking into doing the same.

#1380 5 years ago

Tesla definitely polarizes people. I love mine and can’t wait to get my 3. And I’d take on ANYONE in my P100D S. It’s crazy fun. I took to it to the drag strip last summer and killed everyone. But they were all really supportive and cool. It was a fun night.

#1381 5 years ago

Porsche Macan S will not beat the Model 3 as you claim. The Macan Turbo, yes. But also your claim on similar priced cars is ridiculous. Model 3 is 49k (without auto pilot, which the Macan does not offer).
The Macan S is 56k if you can find a stripped down base model, average is 58k. Model 3 gives you 7.5k tax credit (and if you say you won't qualify for that, you are either cheating taxes, or you should not be looking at a car over 40k in the first place), and here in CA you get another 2.5k rebate check from the state.
So the Model 3 cost you 39k effectively.
As for the design, that is a taste thing. I personally love the Model 3 clean stark interior, but than again, I am a designer and we tend to have a different taste.
I just say iPhone vs blackberry..... you'll pick which car is which phone.....pretty obvious in many ways.
Don't get me wrong, I love my German sports cars, and would get a Panamera Shootingstar in a heart beat....but it is a different price class. The Macan, still being way more expensive than the M3.
The M3 handles amazing. It has crazy pick up even at 30 mph. You need to drive it for a while, and if you don't like it, it will be a preference thing, but it can easily stand up and surpass any car in its price range (think BMW 3 series and Mercedes C class).

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Tesla definitely polarizes people. I love mine and can’t wait to get my 3. And I’d take on ANYONE in my P100D S. It’s crazy fun. I took to it to the drag strip last summer and killed everyone. But they were all really supportive and cool. It was a fun night.

P100D on a drag strip sounds like crazy fun. The 3 is a turtle compared to it, but even with the "slow"....gave two of the guys at the office a test ride today. They both got the big Tesla Acceleration Grin.

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I like Tesla, but I don't like is reading statements like this on this forum or others like Car&Driver. People act like adding solar panels to the roof of your house is like no big deal. From what I have read it would cost as much as another car.

#1384 5 years ago

Where did I say faster? The S is a decent handler but all that weight is noticeable and felt like a fat pig going around corners Crappy tires could contribute to this but the nraking was decent for a 30k car but for this 85k electric car I expect. I realize about regenerative braking but it real cannot compare to any performance car i drove.

cant speak of handling on the 3 but im sure its damn good with the lowered weight.

The interior besides the tech is pretty bad and the seats even the upgraded ones never felt spectacular.

Did not mean to crap on your guys parade but I thought i would share my limited experience with the car.

My main reason for cancelling besides the basic looks and interior was the speedometer placement and lack of heads up display. Sure you can get used.to that but its really not optimal. Yeah its a small quibble but still bothers everytime i see that big screen.

Anyways enjoy your cars and I am sure they are great. Hope that Tesla continues to push electric car tech as well.

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Where did I say faster? The S is a decent handler but all that weight is noticeable and felt like a fat pig going around corners Crappy tires could contribute to this but the nraking was decent for a 30k car but for this 85k electric car I expect. I realize about regenerative braking but it real cannot compare to any performance car i drove.
cant speak of handling on the 3 but im sure its damn good with the lowered weight.
The interior besides the tech is pretty bad and the seats even the upgraded ones never felt spectacular.
Did not mean to crap on your guys parade but I thought i would share my limited experience with the car.
My main reason for cancelling besides the basic looks and interior was the speedometer placement and lack of heads up display. Sure you can get used.to that but its really not optimal. Yeah its a small quibble but still bothers everytime i see that big screen.
Anyways enjoy your cars and I am sure they are great. Hope that Te continues to push electric car tech as well.

There is no chance you have even been a passenger in an S. You actually tried to say the Model S couldn’t accelerate coming out of corners and when it came to driving it lost by a large margin to a larger SUV. It’s so detached from reality it’s laughable. The Model S is a rocket on rails, the Porsche has as much chance to win as your story is true. Now your saying it can’t compare to any performance car you have driven. I dunno what your driven but the S smokes super cars and it’s a family sedan.

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Was on the reservation list for a 3 since mid '16. Got tired of waiting, and had a 2nd kid, so we got an X! LOVE IT.
Picked it up March 31st.

Can you haul a pin in that?

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I think I have seen a pic of a pin inside a X somewhere. It was the version with the fold down second row, no chance on the captain seat version though, since they don't fold down I believe.

#1388 5 years ago

I think I have seen a pic of a pin inside a X somewhere. It was the version with the fold down second row, no chance on the captain seat version though, since they don't fold down I believe.

Unfortunately the fold down option wasn’t available when we got our X. The “captain” seats are very comfortable though. With the 2nd row console, it’s a great road trip car.

I may be transporting a pin for the first time in my S this week. We’ll see how it goes.

#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I like Tesla, but I don't like is reading statements like this on this forum or others like Car&Driver. People act like adding solar panels to the roof of your house is like no big deal. From what I have read it would cost as much as another car.

I added 6.6kwh of solar before the car because I hate paying the power company. Cost was around $13,000, we then got a $2,500 check from the power company and a 30% tax rebate on their cost, making the effective install cost about $7,000.

Because there is a tree in the way that was supposed to be cut down but now isn't being cut down (grrrr, long story), our panels generate about $2 / day of electricity, making their payoff period approximately 10 years instead of the 6.5 that it originally looked like it would be.

Technically, the panels before rebate did cost more than the used electric car we bought, but it's not some crazy cost.

Oh, and I think it's worth pointing out... I don't believe either purchase will make a difference in pollution in any way. It's not like the local energy company is going to burn less coal or natural gas because of 15 kwh per day of generation I do, and it isn't like the gas company is shutting down stations because of me. I did it specifically for cost savings in the long term.

I tracked my Leaf weekly and just hit one year of ownership. Fuel cost savings over our previous car was just over $1250 including retail price of electricity. Total maintenance was just under $20 (two wiper fluid bottles and one windshield wiper). I can budget so much easier for this, and if the electric company wants to add more cost to our electric, I can just add more solar if I want.

I can't go dig up more gas. I'm stuck paying whatever the stations around here want and I don't have any belief they are trying to be nice to me.

#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I added 6.6kwh of solar before the car because I hate paying the power company. Cost was around $13,000, we then got a $2,500 check from the power company and a 30% tax rebate on their cost, making the effective install cost about $7,000.
Because there is a tree in the way that was supposed to be cut down but now isn't being cut down (grrrr, long story), our panels generate about $2 / day of electricity, making their payoff period approximately 10 years instead of the 6.5 that it originally looked like it would be.
Technically, the panels before rebate did cost more than the used electric car we bought, but it's not some crazy cost.
Oh, and I think it's worth pointing out... I don't believe either purchase will make a difference in pollution in any way. It's not like the local energy company is going to burn less coal or natural gas because of 15 kwh per day of generation I do, and it isn't like the gas company is shutting down stations because of me. I did it specifically for cost savings in the long term.
I tracked my Leaf weekly and just hit one year of ownership. Fuel cost savings over our previous car was just over $1250 including retail price of electricity. Total maintenance was just under $20 (two wiper fluid bottles and one windshield wiper). I can budget so much easier for this, and if the electric company wants to add more cost to our electric, I can just add more solar if I want.
I can't go dig up more gas. I'm stuck paying whatever the stations around here want and I don't have any belief they are trying to be nice to me.

Just a head’s up: You’ve got 6.6kW of solar, not kWh. Regarding the tree, are you using microinverters or optimizers? They can significantly reduce the shade effect from trees.

#1391 5 years ago

Oops, sorry, phone autocorrect to kwh from my tracking the car, that's correct of course.

We're not using microinverters because the tree wasn't supposed to be there...

#1392 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Yes sir.

#1393 5 years ago

We have the captain seat version (6seater) and the middle seats go far enough forward to haul a pin easily. Will take pics next time I do it.

1 week later
#1395 5 years ago

I have a delivery date for my Model 3! I'm hoping it comes in a bit early, but it doesn't look like it. Assuming nothing goes wrong, I will have the car next week.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I have a delivery date for my Model 3!

Exciting! Been a long wait. Glad yours is pretty early in the list. Look forward to hearing what you think when you get it!

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I have a delivery date for my Model 3! I'm hoping it comes in a bit early, but it doesn't look like it. Assuming nothing goes wrong, I will have the car next week.

I configured over 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything since. Still no VIN, no delivery date.
Hoping they speed things up a bit

#1398 5 years ago

I configured March 27th no vin yet, have been told not to expect car until June. Hoping I’ll at least see a VIN soon.

#1399 5 years ago

Hoping they’re delaying us deliveries so I can get the tax break on my basic order...

#1400 5 years ago

Configured 4/6
Vin 5/3
Delivery specialist call 5/3
Got delivery date of 5/17 on 5/7

Quoted from Adams:

configured over 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything since. Still no VIN, no delivery date.
Hoping they speed things up a bit

As of now, I’m schedule to take delivery 777 days after I placed the reservation.

Quoted from angus:

Been a long wait.

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.